** PRE-SEASON GAME #3 - LA Lakers @ Phoenix Suns (12/16/20) **
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject: ** PRE-SEASON GAME #3 - LA Lakers @ Phoenix Suns (12/16/20) **

Los Angeles Lakers @ Phoenix Suns
Wednesday, Dec. 16th, 2020 6:00 PM PT
PHX Arena, Phoenix, AZ

*TEAM ROSTERS:(link)

*STATS:
    FG%: Lakers 46.1, Suns 42.7
    3P%: Lakers 53.2, Suns 31.6
    FT%: Lakers 73.2, Suns 75.0
*Injury Updates:
Caruso - Game-Time-Decision
*MEDIA
NBA TV, Fox Sports Arizona, Spectrum SportsNet
ESPN LA 710

Mamba Mentality!!

Last edited by pio2u on Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:42 am    Post subject:

LET'S GO LAKERS!!
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject:

THT VS BOOKER!!!

AC VS CP3

LET'S GO!!!

LAKERS4LIFE!
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:01 am    Post subject:

Is Lebron and AD gonna play?

Either way, looking forward to another round of THT. For this game, I’m gonna assume he struggles more here just because he’s going up against two elite guards and it’s hard to replicate what he did last game.

Plus his name is coming up more nationally. As a result, I’m expecting the opposing team to be more aggressively tight against him. It should interesting to see how THT responds.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:07 am    Post subject:

may be lbj, ad and gasol get 10 minutes in this game or next game...

let them get those minutes with matthews and dennis.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:08 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

Either way, looking forward to another round of THT. For this game, I’m gonna assume he struggles more here just because he’s going up against two elite guards and it’s hard to replicate what he did last game.

Plus his name is coming up more nationally. As a result, I’m expecting the opposing team to be more aggressively tight against him. It should interesting to see how THT responds.

Frank Vogel expects LeBron James, Anthony Davis to be available for Lakers final two preseason games

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2020/12/14/22175111/lakers-frank-vogel-lebron-james-anthony-davis-preseason-debut-wednesday-vs-suns
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:31 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Frank Vogel expects LeBron James, Anthony Davis to be available for Lakers final two preseason games

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2020/12/14/22175111/lakers-frank-vogel-lebron-james-anthony-davis-preseason-debut-wednesday-vs-suns

In that case, I’m especially looking forward to seeing how THT plays with them, if it happens anyway.

Will we see this lineup to start?
THT
KCP
LBJ
AD
Gasol

Or will we go with our likely starters?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:16 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Megaton wrote:

In that case, I’m especially looking forward to seeing how THT plays with them, if it happens anyway.

Will we see this lineup to start?
THT
KCP
LBJ
AD
Gasol

Or will we go with our likely starters?

The Talen Horton-Tucker hype train has pulled into the station

All Aboard!!

https://lakersoutsiders.com/2020/12/14/talen-horton-tucker-hype-train/
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Are the 2 load managers playing?
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Can't believe the season starts a week from today.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:

It's weird that they try to load manage at beginning of the season when they should be out there getting in game shape for the regular season. It's the last pre-season game so I definitely would want to see them building some chemistry with the new guys instead of using the regular season starter against the Clippers to get in shape.

I would favor sitting them as much as possible right before the playoffs though. After what happened last season, I think Lebron understood the importance of load management so I think he will do that this season prior to the playoffs.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Lebron and AD playing but only the first half. Caruso out with soreness on that hip
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Go Lakers!!!
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject:

I kept thinking the game is tonight. This is a source of disappointment. LOL
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:04 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
I kept thinking the game is tonight. This is a source of disappointment. LOL

Same! Was looking forward to it all day and saw like an hour ago it’s tomorrow.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:37 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
defense wrote:

It's weird that they try to load manage at beginning of the season when they should be out there getting in game shape for the regular season. It's the last pre-season game so I definitely would want to see them building some chemistry with the new guys instead of using the regular season starter against the Clippers to get in shape.

it's not that weird - it was an incredibly short offseason, and they played a lot of minutes during the playoffs. Not to mention that the playoffs were fairly compressed also. it's not just about load management, it's also about injury avoidance.
personally, I'd like to see LBJ, AD, and Gasol "ramped in" across the first month for the above reasons.
But, I'd also like to see reduced minutes throughout the season - and given our depth, that should be possible too.
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
defense wrote:

I would favor sitting them as much as possible right before the playoffs though. After what happened last season, I think Lebron understood the importance of load management so I think he will do that this season prior to the playoffs.

Load managing will be part physical, part emotional, and the rest is mental. I don't think the two who carried the heaviest loads during the championship run were completely ready to start the season from those aspects.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
defense wrote:

Load managing will be part physical, part emotional, and the rest is mental. I don't think the two who carried the heaviest loads during the championship run were completely ready to start the season from those aspects.

Yeah, they could care less about that 1st game against the Clippers as far as importance or gauging themselves go. Look how different we were from the 1st game last season to in the Playoffs. I'm sure they'll also play low minutes to start the season as well.. Why wouldn't they when they have a ridiculously deep team and coming off the shortest off season the NBA has had?

Managing minutes and there load is much different then past seasons especially for the Lakers. It has to be a season long thing and not just right before the Playoffs. It's the smart and clear right way of proceeding to at least start the season imo.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:52 am    Post subject:

FYI:
    Anthony Davis Returning Wednesday vs Suns
    Quote:
    Davis (rest) will play in the first half for Wednesday's preseason game against the Suns, Mike Trudell of the Lakers' official site reports.

Davis will make his preseason debut for Los Angeles tomorrow after sitting out the first two games for rest.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Good to see your threads back pio2 - and good addition with the link to TDRock's injury/playing status thread!! Answers a lot of questions right off the bat.

It'll be interesting as this is the first time we get to see most of this squad playing together.

Gasol - court sense if the first option breaks down. From what I've seen in preseason his feeds to AD, Harrell, Kuz, THT, AC or KCP could make highlight reels all season long. Possibly a bit redundant when LBJ is on court but one heck of a facilitator when LBJ is resting

Harrell and Schroeder - off ball movement, breaking zones, speed, decent range, second chance slams, aggressive attacks at the rim challenging a defense trying to cheat on AD or Lebron, fair chance they could start a lot of games, they'll also really help us when our stars rest, we'll see how this plays out.

Matthews - not expecting spectacular but very solid team defense, competent offense and smart decision making

Then there's THT... could blow up at any second

Looking forward to it!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject:

I want to see more THT. He's gunning for minutes. If he plays like he did Sunday he will get more. I hope Vogel doesn't do what Byron Scott did to Dlo. I also want to see the starting 5. Looking to see if Schroder gets the start.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Update:

KCP out
Starters: Gasol-AD-Bron-Kuz-Schröder
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Kuz starting. The takes from either side will be insufferable after tonight
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
LeBron and AD will both play in the 1st half only, said Vogel.

Kuzma, Schroder and Gasol will start alongside the two All-NBA First Teamers.

KCP will be out tonight with hip soreness (not an injury). Caruso is also out (sore hip).

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:47 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Kuz starting. The takes from either side will be insufferable after tonight

Obviously this is the most important game of Kuzma's life. The one that will tell us everything we need to know about him as a player and as a man.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15
Jump to: