AVERY BRADLEY (2.0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:55 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
I am so happy he left. He betrayed the Laker uniform and that's not something to forget. And probably its something he felt and decline an option. Thank God he did it. Doesn't deserve to be here. He can have his free ring. Let it be.

lol
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:00 am    Post subject:

Damn, didn't know there was this much animus towards a guy who wasn't a needle-mover, or at least wasn't proven to be one in his absence. Page 52 is kray kray.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:02 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
If we keep KCP,, I could give a fat rat's ass that he's gone. KCP already gives us what AB does. Between KCP/Caruso, turn their minutes up about 10 a game and you've got AB's minutes covered. Those two have already proven their playoff chops and were MAJOR contributors for our championship to boot. This guy? Not so much.

This should be the appropriate pov.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:36 am    Post subject:

With THT and Caruso coming along the way they have, the need for AB was minimal at best.

I do not have ill will towards him like some, he did come in and rebuild Lakers identity and culture. The Lakers offense to start last season was not what it eventually became. Bron and AD were figuring defenses out and KCP was a hot mess to start the season. It took some time for everything to fall in place. When it did, that is when we no longer needed AB.

But those first 20 games, AB set the tone for us defensively with his energy and effort. I do not forget the little things like that.

Now that we have Caruso established as a NBA rotation guy and situational starter, we can rely on him to do that defense and role AB had to begin last season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:48 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
With THT and Caruso coming along the way they have, the need for AB was minimal at best.

I do not have ill will towards him like some, he did come in and rebuild Lakers identity and culture. The Lakers offense to start last season was not what it eventually became. Bron and AD were figuring defenses out and KCP was a hot mess to start the season. It took some time for everything to fall in place. When it did, that is when we no longer needed AB.

But those first 20 games, AB set the tone for us defensively with his energy and effort. I do not forget the little things like that.

Now that we have Caruso established as a NBA rotation guy and situational starter, we can rely on him to do that defense and role AB had to begin last season.

works for all parties, opened up minutes for THT/AC
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:56 am    Post subject:

Agreed, his leaving freed up minutes for others.

Best wishes and congratulations on winning a ring.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:14 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Bradley only played 10 of the first 20 games.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:39 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Damn, didn't know there was this much animus towards a guy who wasn't a needle-mover, or at least wasn't proven to be one in his absence. Page 52 is kray kray.

Probably people annoyed how he didn’t come to bubble for corona reasons (totally acceptable) then goes and signs in Miami a place not taking the virus serious at all and throwing shade why he picked there
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:40 am    Post subject:

Yeah I'm good without AB. He played well for us (when he played) but I'd rather see AC or KCP get his minutes and with THT's emergence, we are better off giving him minutes AB would have absorbed as well.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:37 am    Post subject:

Supported the opt out.

Rubbed me the wrong way lobbying other players to cancel the season.

Then he opts out of his contract...less of an issue for me because he was going to get traded and instead decided where he would go while opening up minutes for AC and THT.

Most people dont realize how heavily influenced this surge is by inexplicably increased CycleThresholds and Contact Tracing so I dont care about where he went.

What I do care about is he lobbied to cancel a season where we were in the #1 position. That was F'd up to me. If you dont want to go...cool...why try to make others not go as well when your team has a legit shot to win it all...

I dont wish him any ill will...but I can say good riddance.

#BannersOverBillboards
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject:

To be honest, him opting out was the best thing for all of us.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:

Because Caruso blossomed, KCP reached his potential, and more playing time for THT?
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:11 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

Because Caruso blossomed, KCP reached his potential, and more playing time for THT?

Well, I was thinking about opting out of the contract, not the bubble. We won so it was also good for us too there. But regarding the contract, him going to Miami allowed us to have more cap space to build the roster and he can be replaced by Caruso or THT.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject:

Never liked Bradley..not sure why. Happy THT will replace him
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:15 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Supported the opt out.

Rubbed me the wrong way lobbying other players to cancel the season.

Then he opts out of his contract...less of an issue for me because he was going to get traded and instead decided where he would go while opening up minutes for AC and THT.

Most people dont realize how heavily influenced this surge is by inexplicably increased CycleThresholds and Contact Tracing so I dont care about where he went.

What I do care about is he lobbied to cancel a season where we were in the #1 position. That was F'd up to me. If you dont want to go...cool...why try to make others not go as well when your team has a legit shot to win it all...

I dont wish him any ill will...but I can say good riddance.

I’m not going to say his reasons weren’t genuine (BLM, Covid, and Family) but I’m willing to say the rift probably began when none of his teammates besides Dwight supported him. It was clear he had enough of being a Laker when he signed with the Heat for the same amount he could have received from us. Good luck to AB. He’s currently better than Caruso and is a better point of attack defender than anyone we have, but we’re obviously fine without him.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:16 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

Well, I was thinking about opting out of the contract, not the bubble. We won so it was also good for us too there. But regarding the contract, him going to Miami allowed us to have more cap space to build the roster and he can be replaced by Caruso or THT.

Cool, just curious what your reasons are.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject:

I have already moved on. I have been a Laker fan for 34 years, and I've seen too many players come and go to be even thinking about Avery Bradley. I wish him well........
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject:

I appreciated him ball hawking and giving Doncic all he could handle, leaving him no room to step back on his jump shot or drive inside. Nobody on this team, maybe even in the league, can neutralize Doncic like that.

I also love that after Patrick Beverly was feeling proud of himself early in the final game against us, AB took his dribble like candy from a baby, and scored (and 1?). He got in Beverly's head, who proceeded to play horribly before being yanked by Rivers.

I'm not bitter, just thankful for the good times. No different from my fondness for Isaiah Thomas after he selectively threw the ball to Jamaal Murray as the shot clock expired before the end of the game. IT was taunting and clowning Murray, showing him that what comes around, goes around.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:26 pm    Post subject:

It opens up minutes for THT, I respect AB and he made his decision but I like our upside with others (THT/Eagle/Schroeder) sucking up those minutes.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:16 am    Post subject:

12/17/2018

On this day two years ago, Avery Bradley became the first player in NBA history to record 0 points, 0 assists, 0 steals, 0 blocks, 0 defensive rebounds, and 5 fouls in at least 30 minutes of play.

A feat that still has not been replicated 2 years later
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
12/17/2018

On this day two years ago, Avery Bradley became the first player in NBA history to record 0 points, 0 assists, 0 steals, 0 blocks, 0 defensive rebounds, and 5 fouls in at least 30 minutes of play.

A feat that still has not been replicated 2 years later

JUST about to post this. As of today, he is still the ONLY player to accomplish that feat.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject: Lakers have claimed Avery Bradley off waivers

The old thread was moved to the General section. Welcome back!

Quote:
The Los Angeles Lakers have claimed Avery Bradley off waivers, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1450205553444196354
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:31 pm    Post subject:

With Ariza on the shelf for months, a lack of a defensive backup SF/PF with size, and a ton of small guys already on the roster, this is such a bizarre move.

With that said, AB is a Laker so I'll support him of course.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject:

I googled “NF YouTube Avery Bradley 2021”

10-08-2021

10-06-2021

10-04-2021

04-21-2021

04-10-2021

04-05-2021

04-02-2021

03-31-2021

03-29-2021

01-27-2021

01-10-2021

01-09-2021

01-07-2021

01-06-2021

01-05-2021

01-04-2021

01-01-2021
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:33 pm    Post subject:

I really dont get this...
Westbrook already plays atleast 30mpg and then we have a glut of other guys to fill in the rest of the guard minutes: Monk,Nunn,Rondo,Bazemore,Ellington
where does Bradley fit in?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 53 of 62
Jump to: