Kawhi Leonard's Jealous Rift With Teammates Leaks Out
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:56 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
This is pretty big news.

I don't see Beverly, Montrell, and Lou returning and a CP3 to Clippers would make sense.

Out: CP3 ($41M)
In:
• Shamet ($2M)
• Montrell ($16M) - sign and trade
• Lou ($8M) - last year contract
• Beverly ($13M) - same remaining 2 yr contract length as CP3 but at much less $

Are sign and trades still doable?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:45 am    Post subject:

If what I'm reading in this thread about Kawhi is true he wouldn't have been a good fit with the Lakers. If he's what's printed here he and Bron would have had problems. He doesn't seem like a team player and that would have wreaked havoc with the teams chemistry. I was surprised by the Sailboat Boys collapse. This gives reasons as to why. Ty Lue has his work cut out for him.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:07 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
If what I'm reading in this thread about Kawhi is true he wouldn't have been a good fit with the Lakers. If he's what's printed here he and Bron would have had problems. He doesn't seem like a team player and that would have wreaked havoc with the teams chemistry. I was surprised by the Sailboat Boys collapse. This gives reasons as to why. Ty Lue has his work cut out for him.

Agreed. Maybe we wanted him just because he was up for grabs (seemingly), but we learned that he was something of a good Lonzo Ball with a relative that butts in and owns his mind. A relative that is a wildcard which makes it difficult to deal with Kawhi square. Kawhi himself seems a bit special personality wise. Not nearly as special as Royce White, but somewhat. I dunno. We already went thru the lesser version of that. Imagine when it's a superstar off of a title instead of a 1-3 yr kid. We got lucky, Jody. You don't want a superstar who doesn't want you. PG, who isn't even a superstar, can enjoy his decision w/ the Clipps. Bye, Felicia.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:30 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

LOL, love it!
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject:

lol the drama.

If it was me getting paid millions I'd shut up and just play my role.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:31 pm    Post subject:

I was watching this clip the other day and look at the sea of red going crazy when he was in Toronto. Then they change cameras to the one outside the arena and another sea of red going (bleep).

And yet this bum left that to go join the garbage Clippers. Got me thinking, if he stayed with the Raptors he would have gotten to the finals again easily.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:43 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYqJhoJaM4Q

I was watching this clip the other day and look at the sea of red going crazy when he was in Toronto. Then they change cameras to the one outside the arena and another sea of red going (bleep).

And yet this bum left that to go join the garbage Clippers. Got me thinking, if he stayed with the Raptors he would have gotten to the finals again easily.

No doubt he'd be a god in Toronto right now and allowed to take as many games off as he wants and play any role he wants. Instead he's become part of a joke of a franchise in the Clippers that only got worse this season imo while many other Western Conference teams got better including us. He's still elite and a great player but he's not a guy that's going to lead any franchise on his own, never has and never will imo.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:

Toronto gave us a tough time without Kawhi, last season. With him, man. that would have been a rough Finals for us. I dunno, if we could have done it. He definitely left a sure NBA Finals team. And crazy enough, they likely are going to another NBA finals this season, as I do not see a better current team in the East than the Raps + Kawhi (and likely they keep Marc-Ibaka as well).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:27 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:

As intriguing as it would have been for him to stay, I can understand him leaving because the weather is horrible there. I remember hearing that when it was 70 degrees in Vegas last year, it was 3 degrees in Toronto.

His mistake was going to the wrong LA team.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:05 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
george w kush wrote:

As intriguing as it would have been for him to stay, I can understand him leaving because the weather is horrible there. I remember hearing that when it was 70 degrees in Vegas last year, it was 3 degrees in Toronto.

His mistake was going to the wrong LA team.

I don't blame him for leaving Toronto. It's not like he ever chose to play there.

Heck, if I were 28, with two rings, and $50 million or whatever in the bank, I'd live where I'd want to also.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject:

If he had repeated with Toronto, he would have been discussed as a potential top 10 all time player. And I think Toronto likely would have beat us last year with Kawhi.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:02 pm    Post subject:

DOUBLE POST

The basketball gods were good to us. We dodged 2 bullets, PG13 & Kwahi Leonard. PG13 is not playing up to expectations. Kwahi is proving to be a Prima Donna.

If I have it right he can opt out and resign for a shorter period of time. It's a good move for him. He'll get paid with leverage.

NBA rumors: Kawhi Leonard says he’s likely to opt out, won’t commit to the Clippers

LINK

Quote:
Kawhi Leonard, referencing his own potential free agency, said he's "just focused on this season."

Added that: "If I stay healthy, the best decision is to decline the player option but it doesn't mean I'm staying or leaving."
10:24 AM · Dec 21, 2020

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject:

I'd say that Kawhi has earned more than a fair bit of preferential treatment in his career to-date.

To Lou Willams et al: suck it up and perform, buttercups. Open your eyes to how this thing works. The big stars of every franchise in every sport have privileges that you haven't earned yet.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:53 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
I'd say that Kawhi has earned more than a fair bit of preferential treatment in his career to-date.

To Lou Willams et al: suck it up and perform, buttercups. Open your eyes to how this thing works. The big stars of every franchise in every sport have privileges that you haven't earned yet.

He has got it made. He is always considered one of the best in the league (some even say he’s the best) but if he comes up short, he doesn’t get the criticism other players would get.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
70sdude wrote:

He has got it made. He is always considered one of the best in the league (some even say he’s the best) but if he comes up short, he doesn’t get the criticism other players would get.

Well, Kawhi gets a lot of heat in many fan and media quarters, deserved or not. Players who talk out of school like the three Clips may be right about Kawhi special handling but it shouldn't surprise anyone. Somehow though Toronto and Pop wanted the guy around as long as Kawhi vwanted to be.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: