Lakers after cutting the Cord

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject: Lakers after cutting the Cord

So I dropped cable. Currently, what's are the best ways to get Laker games online in OC? I'm willing to pay to get the Lakers, but not $120+ each month like cable costs.

Should I:
Invite my relatives over and stream from spectrum while socially distancing?
NBA League pass + VPN?
Streaming TV service like Hulu + Live TV or YouTube TV?
Other?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject:

PM'd you some of the sites I use.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:02 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:33 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Can u PM me too!
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:25 am    Post subject:

Get a iptv service. Run it on a android tv box to your smart tv. Mine offers 1700 or so channels including sports and ppv. Cost about 10 bucks a month for one connection more for more than one. Yes that includes NBA NFL MLB NHL packages (Sportsnet LA and Spectrum Sportsnet) and all the major channels like HBO ESPN TNT and etc.

I suggest checking out the reddit on IPTV as your mileage may vary according to your provider.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:10 am    Post subject:

NBA League pass let's you buy one team and you can stream games on any device from phone to smart tv. That's what I do in Massachusetts. I think it's about $110 for the season.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:31 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
NBA League pass let's you buy one team and you can stream games on any device from phone to smart tv. That's what I do in Massachusetts. I think it's about $110 for the season.

Can't watch laker games though if in LA because they are blacked out here.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject:

If you've cut the cord here's a streaming service that gives you TRUE movies, SONY, BET, NBA League Pass, NFL Sunday Ticket, HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, ENCORE, PPV (free) and so much more. For $26.00 a month. You can also add a friend, no extra charge. I'm going to watch Tyson vs Jones PPV today, no charge. Check the site out. If you like it you can sign on today. If you don't like it there is no contract.

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:33 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
If you've cut the cord here's a streaming service that gives you TRUE movies, SONY, BET, NBA League Pass, NFL Sunday Ticket, HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, ENCORE, PPV (free) and so much more. For $26.00 a month. You can also add a friend, no extra charge. I'm going to watch Tyson vs Jones PPV today, no charge. Check the site out. If you like it you can sign on today. If you don't like it there is no contract.

LINK

Followed the link for their webclient. That site wanted to put some cryptomining malware on me.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:09 am    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Followed the link for their webclient. That site wanted to put some cryptomining malware on me.

I plugged in. It didn't me. It asked to choose a plan. Next screen showed plans. I chose one. It took me to payment and that was it. I've had the service for quite a while. I've never had a problem. Clear your history. You may have that site intrusion without knowning it. Try it again. See what happens. I'll let the site owner know.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

The time delay/lag is also pretty bad— like thirty seconds.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

I get League Pass and NFL Sunday Ticket. Some days it plays uninterrupted, others it buffers. I email the provider and most times he fixes it. For $26.00 a month I can deal with it.

ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:34 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I get League Pass and NFL Sunday Ticket. Some days it plays uninterrupted, others it buffers. I email the provider and most times he fixes it. For $26.00 a month I can deal with it.

It sounds like you definitely got your money's worth, but it has some serious legal issues: Nitro Being Sued By Many
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

It sounds like you definitely got your money's worth, but it has some serious legal issues: Nitro Being Sued By Many

No sweat. My provider is Eminence. He cut ties with Nitro long ago. If I have it right that action went down about 8 months ago. Published 8 months ago on Apr 06, 2020Jess Barnes I think they're going after the larger entities like Tekkhosting. They'll probably get to the small potatoes later.

BuyNitroTV.com is only the URL that connects you to Eminence. They're not connected.

ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:40 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ribeye wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

No sweat. My provider is Eminence. He cut ties with Nitro long ago. If I have it right that action went down about 8 months ago. Published 8 months ago on Apr 06, 2020Jess Barnes I think they're going after the larger entities like Tekkhosting. They'll probably get to the small potatoes later.

BuyNitroTV.com is only the URL that connects you to Eminence. They're not connected.

I guess I'm a bit confused on this. The link you provided for Eminence is:

https://www.buynitrotv.com
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:34 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Since the big takedown my iptv provider has elected to charge only by the month and they have only recently allowed automatic billing. while many customers have requested longer term deals I respect their ethical stance of only charging by the month.

I would also recommend a service that doesn't have huge amounts of channels. Some providers have 5000 plus channels on their lists which are much more likely to have difficulties staying up. Mine has 1700 or so channels and that is more than enough.

Look for a service that has an active customer service channel mine responds in just a few minutes if they are messaged with channel down issues. Billing and setup issues are similarly addressed.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:29 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
ribeye wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Since the big takedown my iptv provider has elected to charge only by the month and they have only recently allowed automatic billing. while many customers have requested longer term deals I respect their ethical stance of only charging by the month.

I would also recommend a service that doesn't have huge amounts of channels. Some providers have 5000 plus channels on their lists which are much more likely to have difficulties staying up. Mine has 1700 or so channels and that is more than enough.

Look for a service that has an active customer service channel mine responds in just a few minutes if they are messaged with channel down issues. Billing and setup issues are similarly addressed.

Eminence has options. 1 month 2 devices $25.00 2 months 4 devices $45.00 1 month $75.00 unlimited devices. I have the 1 month 2 devices plan. I added my best friend to the plan. They offer more than 3000 channels. I auto pay with PayPal. I can cancel at any time with no penalities.

I've become rather friendly with the owner, we refer to each other by first name. If I have a problem he'll get back rather quickly. Eminence is a good service. It's as good as I've seen relating to quality and service.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:05 pm    Post subject:

I'm watching the Lakers preseason on FOXSPORTSNET (Lakers) with Eminence. Lebron and AD aren't playing tonight. They're resting. THT's playing. It's buffering but not bad. Kuz's hair is red. Dennis lost the blond streak.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: