LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
adkindo wrote:
C M B wrote:
Didn't go for the knees or the face. Just a nice, clean, hit by a Texas high school football grug.

I have watched the clip a few times, and I wonder if his initial plan was to hit the ref, or did he plan on just running up on him or even expected to get stopped before he got there....then that adrenalin and anger issues resulted in him making the decision at the last second.

18 year old kid. He had no clue. 18 year old boys are emotionally stupid. Military recruitment is predicated on this fact of life.

Um, yeah going to go with a hard no here. By 18 you're about 14 years pass the point where you know it's the wrong thing to do to assault someone. Come on man. If that's what typical 18 year olds do when they lose their cool, we'd be seeing this all over the news daily...but we don't because the overwhelming majority of 18 year olds (we're talking 99.99 % to however many decimal points you want to go) aren't assaulting someone when things don't go their way.

We see fighting in sports all the time. It’s only shocking because it’s a big no no to touch a ref.

If he ran onto the field and did that to another player, it wouldn’t have the same kind of reverberations.

It’s really not that he assaulted someone. It’s that he assaulted someone deemed a big no no by our societal rules.
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
adkindo wrote:
C M B wrote:
Didn't go for the knees or the face. Just a nice, clean, hit by a Texas high school football grug.

I have watched the clip a few times, and I wonder if his initial plan was to hit the ref, or did he plan on just running up on him or even expected to get stopped before he got there....then that adrenalin and anger issues resulted in him making the decision at the last second.

18 year old kid. He had no clue. 18 year old boys are emotionally stupid. Military recruitment is predicated on this fact of life.

Um, yeah going to go with a hard no here. By 18 you're about 14 years pass the point where you know it's the wrong thing to do to assault someone. Come on man. If that's what typical 18 year olds do when they lose their cool, we'd be seeing this all over the news daily...but we don't because the overwhelming majority of 18 year olds (we're talking 99.99 % to however many decimal points you want to go) aren't assaulting someone when things don't go their way.

We see fighting in sports all the time. It’s only shocking because it’s a big no no to touch a ref.

If he ran onto the field and did that to another player, it wouldn’t have the same kind of reverberations.

It’s really not that he assaulted someone. It’s that he assaulted someone deemed a big no no by our societal rules.

He blindsided a senior citizen who wasn't wearing pads and armor like he was.
I get it 2 kids fight on the field because one kid did something dirty during a play, but that is an instant response to a situation. (still don't think it's right)

But this is a young person surprise attacking an old man who did nothing to him, other than issue the repercussions of the kids previous actions.

It's like assaulting the judge after your sentencing

---George Carlin
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject:

Mark_in_Tulsa wrote:
He blindsided a senior citizen who wasn't wearing pads and armor like he was.
I get it 2 kids fight on the field because one kid did something dirty during a play, but that is an instant response to a situation. (still don't think it's right)

But this is a young person surprise attacking an old man who did nothing to him, other than issue the repercussions of the kids previous actions.

It's like assaulting the judge after your sentencing

Yes, he did do that. And I don’t think the age of the ref mattered.

The ref could have been a fit 25 year old ref and the response would have been the same. Like you said, it’s like assaulting a judge. It’s a big no no to assault a ref/judge.

Doesn’t matter if the ref/judge is old or young, fit or feeble, it’s a big no no.

So, like I said, it’s not about him assaulting someone, it’s really that he assaulted a ref.

Because if he assaulted a player in the same manner (blindsided a player who wasn’t wearing pads) the reactions wouldn’t have been as it is.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: