General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 486, 487, 488 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
The fight was billed as an exhibition charity event. I don't know how much each fighter made. Mike's net worth is reported to be around 3 million, Roy's around 5 million. Mike made around 685 million in his career, Roy around 55 million. I could live with that. I don't know if that's enough for Mike and Roy's lifestyles.

I doubt they live like they did at their peak income maximizing lifestyles. From what I read Mike Tyson is donating what he made to charity.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
The fight was billed as an exhibition charity event. I don't know how much each fighter made. Mike's net worth is reported to be around 3 million, Roy's around 5 million. Mike made around 685 million in his career, Roy around 55 million. I could live with that. I don't know if that's enough for Mike and Roy's lifestyles.

I doubt they live like they did at their peak income maximizing lifestyles. From what I read Mike Tyson is donating what he made to charity.

That sounds like Mike. He seems to want the simple life. It a big change in personality. If Cus had lived Mike's life would have been entirely different. He listened to Cus.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Spence looked good. He won a unanimous decision. 116-112, 116-112, 117-111 for Spence. He outboxed Danny and was the aggressor.

Have to give him his props. He didn't come back to fight a tomato can. Garcia is a class fighter.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject:

Spence looked good, but he didn't look great. Expected him to stop Danny, who is overrated like Porter imo. Nothing i saw tonight makes me think any differently about what Bud would do to Spence if/when they finally meet.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:48 am    Post subject:

I always thought Bud was better than Spence.

I don't think Danny is overrated. His record 36 3, 21 KO's belies that. He has held multiple world championships in two weight classes, including the unified WBA (Super), WBC, Ring magazine, and lineal light welterweight titles between 2012 and 2015, and the WBC welterweight title from 2016 to 2017. He's never been stopped. He gave Spence a fight.

When Porter was PacMans's sparring partner he was more a boxer-puncher. When he turned pro he adopted a brawler's style. I don't know where in the hell he got that tie style. The knot would choke a horse.

Terence Bud Crawford is Da Man in that division.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:21 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I always thought Bud was better than Spence. I don't think Danny is overrated. His record 36 3, 21 KO's belies that. He gave Spence a fight.

When Porter was PacMans's sparring partner he was more a boxer-puncher. When he turned pro he adopted a brawler's style. I don't know where in the hell he got that tie style. The knot would choke a horse.

Danny is one of those guys like Porter that has been in a lot of big fights and has lost almost every single one of them, which is why i call him overrated. He's a tier below Spence/Crawford and even Pac at his advanced age imo.

Also, LMAO at Porter's shirt, tie, and shoes, which looked like red and black slippers

My edit to respond to yours: who did Danny ever beat for those titles? Basically, nobody other than Matthysse, who i do give him credit for. Danny also got a gift decision in Puerto Rico against an absolute bum in Mauricio Herrera. 10 years from now, nobody will know who Danny Garcia was. Porter gave Spence a much better fight than Danny, who fought timidly for most of the fight since he was afraid of getting stopped by a fighter (granted, a special one), who was coming off a long layoff and a major car accident about a year ago. Danny should move back down to 140 or retire because he does not belong at 147 with Crawford and Spence imo. Spence before the accident would have finished Danny last night.

Last edited by BadGuy on Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I always thought Bud was better than Spence. I don't think Danny is overrated. His record 36 3, 21 KO's belies that. He gave Spence a fight.

Danny is one of those guys like Porter that has been in a lot of big fights and has lost almost every single one of them, which is why i call him overrated. He's a tier below Spence/Crawford and even Pac at his advanced age imo.

Also, LMAO at Porter's shirt, tie, and shoes, which looked like red and black slippers

Read my edit. He only has 3 losses. Pac is an anomaly. He's a Roy Jones, George Foreman, fighters who defy age.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:45 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Quote:
who did Danny ever beat

Zab Juda
Amir Kahn
Erik Morales
A washed up Paul Malignaggi to name a few.

If you think he's overrated, OK. I just don't share your opinion.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
Quote:
who did Danny ever beat

Zab Juda
Amir Kahn
Erik Morales

Judah - 7 losses already when facing Danny
Khan - Bum
Morales - Washed up
Pauli - Bum/joke
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:55 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
Quote:
who did Danny ever beat

Zab Juda
Amir Kahn
Erik Morales

Judah - 7 losses already when facing Danny
Khan - Bum
Morales - Washed up
Pauli - Bum/joke

OK. Still don't share your opinion.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Time for Terrence and Spence or we gotta wait til they almost 40 like PacMan Money May? Hate boxing ‘promotion’
Btw, Garcia is aight, solid dude but one that impressed me and has gotten better and better as the years go by is Porter. I remember he was just brawling and mucking it up but the fight with Spence, dude was boxing, like boxing boxing, I thought he had a chance to win that fight.

So Spence - Crawford and Porter should get a chance for a big game hunting... Pac Man or maybe go up and take on big boy Mungia.

What’s the next good fight anyway?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Damn, Logan Paul got his fame, bout to get paid, Money May
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:49 pm    Post subject:

https://fanmio.com/products/floyd-mayweather-vs-logan-paul-special-exhibition-fight

Wow, its really a thing....a sucker is born every minute.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am    Post subject:

Not surprising considering this guy waited for his main rival of his generation to get KO'd, then waited another 4 years for further deterioration, before fighting him. Lameweather also used a UFC fighter in his boxing debut to boost his own boxing record to 50-0. Hopefully, people boycott this farce.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:46 am    Post subject:

Why do you think they call him MoneyMay?

Boxing has been using fighters for years. So many who are now broke derelicts with scrambled brains after making fortunes for guys wearing Brunello Cucinelli and Salvatore Ferragamo. Sitting behind Parnian desks, taking no risks and pocketing the lions share of purses.

People get mad at Floyd for using boxing. Promoting fighters and getting them paid. I'm not one. I hope he continues use boxing and look out for those in his care.

If he can make money for fighting Logan Paul, go for it. I won't buy the fight. If you buy, wear the cap. I ain't mad at him. LINK

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Why do you think they call him MoneyMay?

Boxing has been using fighters for years. So many who are now broke derelicts with scrambled brains after making fortunes for guys wearing Brunello Cucinelli and Salvatore Ferragamo. Sitting behind Parnian desks, taking no risks and pocketing the lions share of purses.

People get mad at Floyd for using boxing. Promoting fighters and getting them paid. I'm not one. I hope he continues use boxing and look out for those in his care.

If he can make money for fighting Logan Paul, go for it. I won't buy the fight. If you buy, wear the cap. I ain't mad at him. LINK

Ok Jodeke, yes indeed
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Time for Terrence and Spence or we gotta wait til they almost 40 like PacMan Money May? Hate boxing ‘promotion’
Btw, Garcia is aight, solid dude but one that impressed me and has gotten better and better as the years go by is Porter. I remember he was just brawling and mucking it up but the fight with Spence, dude was boxing, like boxing boxing, I thought he had a chance to win that fight.

So Spence - Crawford and Porter should get a chance for a big game hunting... Pac Man or maybe go up and take on big boy Mungia.

What’s the next good fight anyway?

I like Bud in this one. I hope we don't have to wait. It's about the best fight in waiting.

Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua or Deontay Wilder would be interesting. I don't know if Fury is taking the game as seriously as he should. I think Joshua may have a shot at beating the Gypsy King. He's a boxer. I don't think he's as good as Tyson. Fury's boxing skills are underrated.

ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Porter is the mandatory for both Crawford and Spence. I have heard Porter/Crawford is next.

As to the Garcia/Spence bout Garcia did what he does, he counterpunched. Oddly the landed powershot a were exactly the same per punch stats at 106. Spence out jabbed him . That has always been a flaw in Danny's game low punch output. Spence out worked him plain and simple. I think a change of trainers would be good for Danny. Freddy Roach comes to mind. Listening to Angel Garcia in the corner, I think he gave Danny nothing. It was kind of embarrassing.

Josesito Lopez looked great in his bout and has revived his career at age 36. Props to him. Hope he makes some money on the way out. Boxing needs guys like him.

Sebastian Fundora was very intriguing in the semi main. This kid is 6'6" and easily makes 154. He's like a king sized Paul Williams. And he is very young.

Where does Spence go from here? Who knows but the welter weight division is mighty strong right now.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Double post ugh.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:12 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Porter is the mandatory for both Crawford and Spence. I have heard Porter/Crawford is next.

As to the Garcia/Spence bout Garcia did what he does, he counterpunched. Oddly the landed powershot a were exactly the same per punch stats at 106. Spence out jabbed him . That has always been a flaw in Danny's game low punch output. Spence out worked him plain and simple. I think a change of trainers would be good for Danny. Freddy Roach comes to mind. Listening to Angel Garcia in the corner, I think he gave Danny nothing. It was kind of embarrassing.

Josesito Lopez looked great in his bout and has revived his career at age 36. Props to him. Hope he makes some money on the way out. Boxing needs guys like him.

Sebastian Fundora was very intriguing in the semi main. This kid is 6'6" and easily makes 154. He's like a king sized Paul Williams. And he is very young.

Where does Spence go from here? Who knows but the welter weight division is mighty strong right now.

How is Porter the mandatory for Spence when Spence already fought him not too long ago? Also, do you think Porter can give Bud some trouble like he did for Spence, or does the style matchup line up differently in your eyes?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:35 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

How is Porter the mandatory for Spence when Spence already fought him not too long ago? Also, do you think Porter can give Bud some trouble like he did for Spence, or does the style matchup line up differently in your eyes?

Porter is strong strong but Bud got that night night punch. Any of his foes so far similar strength to Porter?
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Porter is strong strong but Bud got that night night punch. Any of his foes so far similar strength to Porter?

Porter is definitely the strongest fighter that Crawford will have faced if they meet. However, i just think Porter is too predictable for Bud, who won't be sucked into fighting Porter's style like Spence was.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:16 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

After the fight Porter said on air he was mandatory for Spence and Bud. He said it.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:21 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
governator wrote:

Porter is definitely the strongest fighter that Crawford will have faced if they meet. However, i just think Porter is too predictable for Bud, who won't be sucked into fighting Porter's style like Spence was.

true but Porter's opponent also doesn't have a chance to escape that relentless in your face grappling/pushing, not saying Bud can't get the separation he needs, I guess it'll be interesting which style would prevail (I agree Bud will be the favorite)
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

He said after the fight he was mandatory. He also said he prefers Crawford.

LINK

Quote:
This confirmed that Porter can cherry-pick his next opponent and he has done so with no hesitation.

Quote:
Michael Benson
@MichaelBensonn
Shawn Porter has just said on the PPV broadcast that he’s now in line to be mandatory for Terence Crawford’s WBO welterweight title, as well as Errol Spence’s WBC belt. Despite previous talk, Porter stated unequivocally that he is willing to face Crawford.

He'll be trouble in the sense of the word. Porter is a straight up brawler. He'll take 2 to give 1. Crawford had the power to stop him but he has a granite chin, he'll have to catch him on the button.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:39 am; edited 3 times in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 486, 487, 488 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 487 of 514
Jump to: