The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1500, 1501, 1502 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:04 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
Batguano wrote:
P.K. wrote:
CBS Sports: MJ, LBJ, KAJ, Russell, Magic, Wilt, Shaq, Bird, TD, Kobe, Hakeem, Oscar, Steph, Dr J, West

ESPN: MJ, LBJ, KAJ, Russell, Magic, Wilt, Bird, TD, Kobe, Shaq

Clutchpoints: MJ, LBJ, Wilt, KAJ, russell, Magic, Bird, Shaq, TD, Kobe

All 3 were spring/early summer this year.

You must've missed the part where I said I don't value sports pundit/media opinions over that of players. Maybe you should link to the backpicks website next. That'll REALLY change my mind.

You must have missed the part where I didn't address the post to you.

Clutchpoints is fitting, though, since it's clutching at straws.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:02 am    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
CBS Sports: MJ, LBJ, KAJ, Russell, Magic, Wilt, Shaq, Bird, TD, Kobe, Hakeem, Oscar, Steph, Dr J, West

ESPN: MJ, LBJ, KAJ, Russell, Magic, Wilt, Bird, TD, Kobe, Shaq

Clutchpoints: MJ, LBJ, Wilt, KAJ, russell, Magic, Bird, Shaq, TD, Kobe

All 3 were spring/early summer this year.

Looks about right
Cyberfreak444
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:17 am    Post subject:

dj1337 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
slavavov wrote:
poppies wrote:
Maginka wrote:
I think LeBron with legacy in mind, will work with AD, Klutch, and Pelinka financially to complete a 4-Peat which will give him (7) titles total to put an exclamation point on his career......I know he said he wasn't taking paycuts anymore but cutting a few million from his Laker's salary, to bring in additional talent......maybe Giannis/maybe Beal....AD seems to be of the same mindset....championships over $$$....i mean they're still getting aid very handsomely.....this should be fun for us fans and stans tho..........

A 4-peat?! Haha, love the optimism. I mean, it's not an impossibly long shot for the Lakers to do it, but man, that'd be quite an achievement. I personally feel like LBJ has all the accomplishments he really needs at this point, anything else is icing.

If LeBron wants to end up as the GOAT, he needs more accomplishments. His only real shot as this point is to complete that 4-peat. A 3-peat would maybe or probably put him unquestionably past Kobe, but not Jordan.

I'm really disappointed in LeBron's 4-6 Finals record. This past season really enhanced his legacy because he had, by far, his toughest road to the Finals ever, but he still has a long way to go to become the GOAT.

Are you talking about in the eyes of Laker fans? Bron has already surpassed Kobe. For GOAT, people don't talk MJ vs Kobe, they discuss MJ vs Bron.

Lebron has not passed kobe. Only epsn/lebron fans think this way. Even most old/current players would take kobe. Lebron would maybe have to win 2 more to get over kobe and even than he lost many times in the finals so still debatable. Thats no disrespect to lebron hes right behind kobe in terms of all time greats.

You have it backwards. Even before this past season, only Laker fans had Kobe over LeBron. And if you don’t believe me look up some articles (from sites besides ESPN) ranking the greatest players of all time. Or just go to message boards of other teams, reddit, etc and see what they all think. In fact it’s not even a consensus opinion that Kobe was better than Shaq or Duncan or Hakeem. Kobe usually ranks between 8 and 11 - closer to number 10 than number 1. That’s not a slight against Kobe - easily my favorite player to watch since Jordan - but just an acknowledgement of how great the ten greatest players ever really were in their respective eras.

On the other hand, LeBron is widely considered one of three players (the others being Jordan and Kareem) to be in the running for the greatest of all time. And with good reason. Those are the only three players to be the unquestioned best players in the world for an entire decade. All three have both ridiculous peak seasons (with Jordan’s being the best) and sustained greatness (with Kareem and Lebron having the edge there). All three players were dominant, first of their kind, are supported by both eye test and advanced stats (PER, win shares, VORP, etc), were great defensive players, and have plenty of hardware to back them up (MVPs, Finals MVPs, championships, All NBA First Team appearances). More importantly, all three players consistently raised their games in the playoffs even in losing efforts.

On top of all that, LeBron is going to wind up being the all time leader in points and quite possibly wind up in the top five for assists - which speaks to what an extraordinary career he’s had. And he already has basically every playoff record. Right now I have him as the third greatest player of all time behind only Jordan and Kareem and believe he will wind up as behind only Jorden by the time he retires.

Also the idea that LeBron’s Finals losses hurt him in all time discussions really doesn’t make much sense. It’s one thing if you don’t want to give him credit for getting to the Finals and losing...that i understand. But it’s another thing if you are using it as a knock against him. Because then it’s even more of a knock against players who couldn’t even make the Finals - who have first round exits on their resume (LeBron has none). Why punish LeBron for dragging the horrendous 2007 Cavs as a 22-year old to the Finals or taking the undertalented 2018 Cavs to the Finals in a playoffs in which he hit three game winners and dropped 50 in game 1 against the loaded KD Warriors? Or for losing to the Warriors without Love and Kyrie in 2015 but still dragging that series to six games? It’s like saying that Kobe’s resume is tarnished by taking the 2008 Lakers to the Finals just because he lost to the Celtics and that he would have been better off losing in the first round. It makes no sense. Not to mention it’s not like LeBron played badly in many of the Finals that he lost - really after 2011 against the Mavs, he has been incredible in the Finals. If anything, LeBron played better in most of those losing efforts than the eventual Finals MVPs did in their winning efforts against him (see 2015 when he received Finals MVP votes despite being on the losing team when freaking Matthew Dellavadova was the second most productive player on the Cavs in that Finals...or 2014 where he was spectacularly efficient but an incredible passing Spurs team beat up on the very injured and ailing Heat).
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:49 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:

george w kush wrote:

Looks about right

Welcome back fellas, I was just saying it in jest tho about LeBron vs Kobe thing. Let's go get #18!
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:58 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Batguano wrote:

george w kush wrote:

Looks about right

Welcome back fellas, I was just saying it in jest tho about LeBron vs Kobe thing. Let's go get #18!

Thanks, buddy.

I think it's time to bring back the Kobe vs LeBron thread
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:12 am    Post subject:

Lebron singlehandedly turned the Lakers from a lottery team into an NBA champion in just two short years!! Yes, he was the reason we've got AD and eventually led us to our first championship in 10 years.

All Laker fans should be forever grateful for what he did regardless of what happens from here on out. The future for the Lakers looks brighter than ever. Did someone say dynasty?
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Lebron singlehandedly turned the Lakers from a lottery team into an NBA champion in just two short years!! Yes, he was the reason we've got AD and eventually led us to our first championship in 10 years.

All Laker fans should be forever grateful for what he did regardless of what happens from here on out. The future for the Lakers looks brighter than ever. Did someone say dynasty?

This. We were on the way of becoming the Knicks of the West and LeBron came to put us back where we always belonged. And he also brought to us the chance of building after him with AD. LeBron is already a Laker legend.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:54 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

This. We were on the way of becoming the Knicks of the West and LeBron came to put us back where we always belonged. And he also brought to us the chance of building after him with AD. LeBron is already a Laker legend.

Bron-AD-Pelinka-Rich Paul-Jeannie is the best starting 5 right now, chance for a dynasty of play the cards right (and health, fingers crossed)
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:37 pm    Post subject:

I'm glad he's here, and grateful.. But I don't get the "give him his respect or due" narratives.. All he gets is praise from ESPN.. He's called the King.. He's been considered the best player in the league for about a decade. Talking heads compare him to Jordan. They even put him over Kobe, which I don't agree with.

What respect isn't he getting?
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:31 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
I'm glad he's here, and grateful.. But I don't get the "give him his respect or due" narratives.. All he gets is praise from ESPN.. He's called the King.. He's been considered the best player in the league for about a decade. Talking heads compare him to Jordan. They even put him over Kobe, which I don't agree with.

Egg-sactly... Thank you!

Seems for some people that being put in the GOAT conversation and being praised since highschool (with the only slight snafu being right after The Decision and losing in the 2011 Finals) just ISN'T ENOUGH praise for The King.

And many of the people on this board that get defensive about LeBron are the same ones that constantly bashed Kobe (and still do...) while he was doing great things for us.

Then they turn around and play the "Aren't you happy the Lakers won? You must be miserable right now..." card when you could've said the same thing about them back in Mamba's heyday.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Egg-sactly... Thank you!

Seems for some people that being put in the GOAT conversation and being praised since highschool (with the only slight snafu being right after The Decision and losing in the 2011 Finals) just ISN'T ENOUGH praise for The King.

And many of the people on this board that get defensive about LeBron are the same ones that constantly bashed Kobe (and still do...) while he was doing great things for us.

Then they turn around and play the "Aren't you happy the Lakers won? You must be miserable right now..." card when you could've said the same thing about them back in Mamba's heyday.

I'm a Kobe guy til I die, but I get what Bron means. Lots of sports commentators and people on social media called him washed, not as good as Kawhi, only in LA to make movies, etc. So I get how he took those comments as disrespect and fuel to win. That's what the great ones do. Kobe for sure did it. So did MJ.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:00 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Batguano wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Egg-sactly... Thank you!

I'm a Kobe guy til I die, but I get what Bron means. Lots of sports commentators and people on social media called him washed, not as good as Kawhi, only in LA to make movies, etc. So I get how he took those comments as disrespect and fuel to win. That's what the great ones do. Kobe for sure did it. So did MJ.

His effort level wasn't the same his first year here. So I can get why some said Kawhi was better, and that he was washed. This season he proved he's still "that guy".. I just think a guy that gets as much praise as he gets doesn't need to solicit more. And for the record he deserves 90% of it. The praise that is.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:21 pm    Post subject:

LeBron discusses his new teammates:

https://twitter.com/spectrumsn/status/1333564725494333440?s=21
818fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:29 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

LeBron is a little tipsy and you can tell he's having fun. That part about Pat Bev's tweet
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:45 pm    Post subject:

818fan wrote:
ocho wrote:

LeBron is a little tipsy and you can tell he's having fun. That part about Pat Bev's tweet

The entire clip is basically that gif of him smoking the cigar and holding the trophy.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:46 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
818fan wrote:
ocho wrote:

The entire clip is basically that gif of him smoking the cigar and holding the trophy.

He's talking like a king, which he should. He earned it.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:20 pm    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Completely agree.

He has broad shoulders too taking on all the social issues that back in the day a lot of the great players avoided.

This guy is 100% Man and still in my humble opinion the single best player in the league.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Interview with Bron by Spectrum. Clip here. He definitely no longer gives any (bleep) lol

https://twitter.com/SpectrumSN/status/1333564725494333440
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:39 pm    Post subject:

818fan wrote:
ocho wrote:

Haha yeah that was great. Can't wait to see the full interview tomorrow.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:52 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

Sure he gets praise NOW because he won a championship, but before the season started everyone was calling him washed up, Clippers are better, Kawahi is better, came here to make movies, etc...he proved everyone WRONG and delivered a title in just his 2nd year. He also recruited AD and makes our franchise MUCH more appealing to future free agents.

BTW, where would this franchise be right now without Lebron? We'd be the Knicks of the west. He single handedly saved this franchise by coming here without a 2nd star when no one else wanted to sign here.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:56 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Sure he gets praise NOW because he won a championship, but before the season started everyone was calling him washed up, Clippers are better, Kawahi is better, came here to make movies, etc...he proved everyone WRONG and delivered a title in just his 2nd year. He also recruited AD and makes our franchise MUCH more appealing to future free agents.

BTW, where would this franchise be right now without Lebron? We'd be the Knicks of the west. He single handedly saved this franchise by coming here without a 2nd star when no one else wanted to sign here.

Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:10 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Skip Bayless and Rob Parker now = everybody?

He got rightly criticized for missing the playoffs the first season he was here after going on record that he was "activating playoff mode".

Bron apologists think any sort of criticism of their guy is "out of pocket". It comes with the territory of being the best and playing for the Lakers.

Last edited by Batguano on Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:11 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

I don't get your post at all..

For one.. He didn't prove "everyone" wrong.. there was a minority who thought he was washed. The majority within that minority were haters. Which doesn't constitute an entire fanbase. Everything else you listed has been stated already ad nosiem which he gets credit for, so yeah I don't get your post boss.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:08 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
george w kush wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

He got rightly criticized for missing the playoffs the first season he was here after going on record that he was "activating playoff mode".

Bron apologists think any sort of criticism of their guy is "out of pocket". It comes with the territory of being the best and playing for the Lakers.

He 'rightfully' got criticized for missing the playoffs? Are those critics still 'right'? Ill take that if it means winning a championship the very next year any day of the week.

Besides, where's all the criticism now? Go back and listen to what Lebron said in his post-game interview while holding his 4th finals MVP in a Lakers uniform.

Hint: If you don't remember, it's in the thread title.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:42 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
Batguano wrote:
george w kush wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

He 'rightfully' got criticized for missing the playoffs? Are those critics still 'right'? Ill take that if it means winning a championship the very next year any day of the week.

Besides, where's all the criticism now? Go back and listen to what Lebron said in his post-game interview while holding his 4th finals MVP in a Lakers uniform.

Hint: If you don't remember, it's in the thread title.

LeBron says a lot of things. He also said "That one right there made me the GOAT" (about beating the 2016 Warriors). It doesn't mean anything. Man loves to control his narrative more than any other athlete I've known, and his fanatics are the same and eat it up.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1500, 1501, 1502 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1501 of 2079
Jump to: