Rumor: The Lakers have shown interest in trading for DeMar DeRozan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeBronsPregameChalk
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:55 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
3. DeRozan seems to me to need the ball to be effective, he's not really a spot up guy from the times I've watched him...he seems very ISO dependent to me (if I am wrong feel free to correct me). This would make him as a fit with LBJ and AD likely a poor one: e.g. having AD and LBJ, who are better offensive players, "stand and watch" DeRozan for x number of possessions a game go ISO doesnt seem like a prudent strategy to me.

For sure. Kyle Kuzma syndrome. Kuzma is a decent scorer, but when he's relegated to the role he's in now (3rd/4th option) he kinda sucks. I mean, most people want him gone. DDR seems in the same vein. He's not a good spot shooter from the perimeter, he works best with the ball in his hands.

The more I think about it the more I'm coming to the conclusion that the link to DDR is complete nonsense. Probably just another made-up rumor.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:21 am    Post subject:

Kuz is who he is. He has improved on the defensive side of the ball (system and effort). We all keep on waiting for him to be that steady outside shooter that he demonstrated his rookie year (he has digressed). His basketball IQ is slightly higher (couldn't have been worse). Kuz has done a great job this year of moving without the ball (which he needs to do when he runs with the starting unit). He is a handful for defenders given his length, speed, and the passing ability of LJ. I am not hating on him and really do not want to see him traded right now (his value is at a low). On some nights, it appears that he thinks he is to good to run with the 2nd unit and he is not fully engaged. His back is against the wall (in terms of getting paid) and I may be naive, but I think he has a BIG year.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject:

LeBronsPregameChalk wrote:
DrDent wrote:
3. DeRozan seems to me to need the ball to be effective, he's not really a spot up guy from the times I've watched him...he seems very ISO dependent to me (if I am wrong feel free to correct me). This would make him as a fit with LBJ and AD likely a poor one: e.g. having AD and LBJ, who are better offensive players, "stand and watch" DeRozan for x number of possessions a game go ISO doesnt seem like a prudent strategy to me.

For sure. Kyle Kuzma syndrome. Kuzma is a decent scorer, but when he's relegated to the role he's in now (3rd/4th option) he kinda sucks. I mean, most people want him gone. DDR seems in the same vein. He's not a good spot shooter from the perimeter, he works best with the ball in his hands.

The more I think about it the more I'm coming to the conclusion that the link to DDR is complete nonsense. Probably just another made-up rumor.

I'll say it again, Pop will not deal fairly with the Lakers; there is no deal to be done there. And that's what actually makes this discusion non sense; IMO.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
LeBronsPregameChalk wrote:
DrDent wrote:

I'll say it again, Pop will not deal fairly with the Lakers; there is no deal to be done there. And that's what actually makes this discusion non sense; IMO.

Sas are a smart organization clearly in rebuild mode if rumors of getting rid of players is true. If our offer makes sense they will take it ( if true ) . They will not take a worse offer from someone else. Also I know sas fans. They would love dd on Lakers. That’s how little they think of him
ericp6387
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Kuz is who he is. He has improved on the defensive side of the ball (system and effort). We all keep on waiting for him to be that steady outside shooter that he demonstrated his rookie year (he has digressed). His basketball IQ is slightly higher (couldn't have been worse). Kuz has done a great job this year of moving without the ball (which he needs to do when he runs with the starting unit). He is a handful for defenders given his length, speed, and the passing ability of LJ. I am not hating on him and really do not want to see him traded right now (his value is at a low). On some nights, it appears that he thinks he is to good to run with the 2nd unit and he is not fully engaged. His back is against the wall (in terms of getting paid) and I may be naive, but I think he has a BIG year.

I love your optimism and tend to agree.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:03 am    Post subject:

It would be one thing if DD got bought out and wanted to join up for the get min after the TD. I would welcome him as a bench scorer- he’d be amazing in that role.

He’s a fine offensive player in a vacuum who is a bad fit for this team.

More importantly, there is an opportunity cost. The 28/Kuz/DG package is the Lakers’ one shot to bring in a high level upgrade to the roster. Trading those guys for DD would be a huge waste. Much better options out there.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:04 am    Post subject:

I guess this is not going to happen if DG goes to OKC
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:10 am    Post subject:

I don’t think this deal will happen, though, thankfully.

He’s such a bad fit that I can’t see Rob wanting to do this. DD is completely the opposite of a guy like KCP, Caruso or Kief, who are perfect fits that Rob has surrounded Lebron with.

I also can’t see Lebron wanting DD on the team- not at the cost of giving up they’d only real trade assets. Lebron has seen DD in the playoffs multiple times and knows the problems with his game well.

This is either a flare from his agent to try to get Detroit, the Hawks or someone like that to trade for him, or this is Rob/Klutch putting out misinformation to keep the media off the Lakers’ real targets.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:12 am    Post subject:

Now we know this was just a smoke screen
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:12 am    Post subject:

Close this garbage thread now
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:19 am    Post subject:

So Schroeder: 'I will never go to Lakers' is code word for I'm going to Lakers

and Demar: 'It's an honor to be wanted by the Lakers' is code word for nope

Who else said they 'do not' want to go to Lakers?
GreekTrojan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
Now we know this was just a smoke screen

I doubt it was a pure smokescreen, though that was probably a factor. I'm sure the Lakers called about DeRozan but it was always incredibly unlikely as other teams could offer more and the petty attitude the Spurs have towards the Lakers.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:23 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
So Schroeder: 'I will never go to Lakers' is code word for I'm going to Lakers

and Demar: 'It's an honor to be wanted by the Lakers' is code word for nope

Who else said they 'do not' want to go to Lakers?

Didnt Steve Nash say something to the effect of "I cant imagine going to the Lakers...." and boom shortly afterwards, he was a Laker
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:37 am    Post subject:

saw the smoke, thought there was fire.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:42 am    Post subject:

This is probably already been said, but:

Pops HATES the Lakers, and he hates them even more (if that is possible) after winning a Championship. He is old and bitter and there is no way the Lakers are gonna come out ahead or even in a trade with the Spurs, so talking about this possibility is a complete waste of time..

cheers!
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject:

This one is ovah, never had much chance with popazit cockblocking LA.

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:30 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
DD would be an excellent pick up. not too old. can slash. his d is adequate

Funny reading the slander by some. Would have loved to have him, but I am stoked that a guy from LA is showing out.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:32 pm    Post subject:

DANGIT!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9
Jump to: