What are your most Controversial opinions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:51 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
I think (new) Cell Phones should come with a charging cable!

Apparently Apple does not as the new iPhone 12 does not come with headphones or a cable to charge it...!

That’s ridiculous, (bleep) Apple

Fwiw the phones will come with a charging cable, they just won’t come with a wall adapter or the earbuds. It’s difficult to imagine there are too many customers who don’t already have a drawer full of these already. It’s pretty wasteful.

How many 20 watt usb-c wall chargers do you have? The cable is useless for most people and most of the "billions" of chargers that Apple touts are under powered even if you have old USB-A lightning cords.

Apple is upselling you to it's new toy the magsafe charger for $40 by forcing you to find a charging solution to use the phone past the first 24 hours.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:00 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
ocho wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Apparently Apple does not as the new iPhone 12 does not come with headphones or a cable to charge it...!

Fwiw the phones will come with a charging cable, they just won’t come with a wall adapter or the earbuds. It’s difficult to imagine there are too many customers who don’t already have a drawer full of these already. It’s pretty wasteful.

How many 20 watt usb-c wall chargers do you have? The cable is useless for most people and most of the "billions" of chargers that Apple touts are under powered even if you have old USB-A lightning cords.

Apple is upselling you to it's new toy the magsafe charger for $40 by forcing you to find a charging solution to use the phone past the first 24 hours.

I have a wireless charger, a bedside charger, a living room charger, an office charger, a car charger, 2 portable battery chargers and probably another 3-4 cables/wall chargers that sit in a drawer unused. I will have absolutely no problem charging a new phone. If Apple wants to offer faster/better charging solutions as an optional upgrade I don’t see the issue. Seems better than giving me another cord and wall adapter to throw in a drawer and forget about.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Good thing we didn’t see a teeter totter
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Good thing we didn’t see a teeter totter

Oh I'm sure you'll point one out soon enough.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:11 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
ocho wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

I have a wireless charger, a bedside charger, a living room charger, an office charger, a car charger, 2 portable battery chargers and probably another 3-4 cables/wall chargers that sit in a drawer unused. I will have absolutely no problem charging a new phone. If Apple wants to offer faster/better charging solutions as an optional upgrade I don’t see the issue. Seems better than giving me another cord and wall adapter to throw in a drawer and forget about.

We may differ on restaurant burgers (you're allowed to be wrong occasionally), but we are on the same page when it comes to chargers.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:25 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
ocho wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

We may differ on restaurant burgers (you're allowed to be wrong occasionally), but we are on the same page when it comes to chargers.

Why I oughtta...
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Why I oughtta...

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:37 pm    Post subject:

I think the MLB should remove the "Foul a bunt attempt with two strikes and you are out rule"!

This rule is and has always been BS!

Why shouldn't a player be able to but with two strikes on them without that hanging over their heads?

If the MLB wants to open up offense, then they should remove this lame rule!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:39 pm    Post subject:

You're a scum employer if you furlough your employees.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:

In what context?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject:

People who spend their time complaining about 2020 political correctness are spoiled, entitled, soft, crybabies. It tends to be older people who also complain about how soft Millienials and Gen Z are. And in that case they are hypocrites too.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

In what context?

In my profession's context, it happens to us every season. It's called hiatus.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:05 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

In what context?

If I’ve understood you correctly previously, your pay is negotiated based on this, and you can maintain health benefits, get unemployment compensation, and not have to seek work during hiatus to claim it?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:38 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

In what context?

If I’ve understood you correctly previously, your pay is negotiated based on this, and you can maintain health benefits, get unemployment compensation, and not have to seek work during hiatus to claim it?

Yes. I'm essentially a seasonal worker. The television industry traditionally was very seasonal. All shows were in production from September through May and everything (save news shows etc.) went dark over the summer. That's obviously changed over the last 15-20 years as cabe and streaming platforms have expansed production over the calendar year. But everything has a production season that last a collection of months. Employees are essentially "laid off" (some productions actually will do this for a couple/few weeks over the holidays). We don't get paid and are able to file for unemployment. Our benefits are based on banked hours - once you work X number of hours in a calendar year, you have earned benefits for that year. Additional hours worked in that year can be banked for later (up to a certain amount). Some people who have longer hiatuses will pick up a small project for a couple months, but most, like myself, use that time for vacation and family time.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:03 pm    Post subject:

I think you should be allowed to carry a set of kitchen shears and use them to snip off any nose you see above a mask.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:26 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
I think you should be allowed to carry a set of kitchen shears and use them to snip off any nose you see above a mask.

I can see how an idea based on an action that would warrant a felony assault arrest, coupled with an extended prison stay could be construed as being "controversial"...
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I can see how an idea based on an action that would warrant a felony assault arrest, coupled with an extended prison stay could be construed as being "controversial"...

I'm not sure that's the real issue. The real issue is that most nose jobs never look real. And they make the person look worse. Same thing could be said about breast implants.

It's like plastic surgeons (like Omar) are so desensitized by their work they pressure their patients into overdoing their procedures.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:18 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

In what context?

Yes. I'm essentially a seasonal worker. The television industry traditionally was very seasonal. All shows were in production from September through May and everything (save news shows etc.) went dark over the summer. That's obviously changed over the last 15-20 years as cabe and streaming platforms have expansed production over the calendar year. But everything has a production season that last a collection of months. Employees are essentially "laid off" (some productions actually will do this for a couple/few weeks over the holidays). We don't get paid and are able to file for unemployment. Our benefits are based on banked hours - once you work X number of hours in a calendar year, you have earned benefits for that year. Additional hours worked in that year can be banked for later (up to a certain amount). Some people who have longer hiatuses will pick up a small project for a couple months, but most, like myself, use that time for vacation and family time.

Aye, there's the rub.

My current employer is using furloughs as a way to force employees to quit rather than be fired and thereby not be subject to unemployment benefits.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:30 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Yes I agree, not wearing a mask properly is felony assault, but the controversial part is instead of prison, I think we should give them a nose snip.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:34 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

In what context?

Aye, there's the rub.

My current employer is using furloughs as a way to force employees to quit rather than be fired and thereby not be subject to unemployment benefits.

How does that work? Furloughs entitle people to unemployment.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

In what context?

Aye, there's the rub.

So your employer is attempting to controvert the concept of furloughs to suit themselves. That doesn't mean that furlough is a contemptible concept or that every employer who utilizes it does so for nefarious aims.

But I am very sorry to hear that you are in the position of being the victim of someone who is exploiting the system.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

In what context?

Aye, there's the rub.

So your employer is attempting to controvert the concept of furloughs to suit themselves. That doesn't mean that furlough is a contemptible concept or that every employer who utilizes it does so for nefarious aims.

But I am very sorry to hear that you are in the position of being the victim of someone who is exploiting the system.

If you're forced to quit won't you have a complaint for the labor board? If you're fired your employer will have to show cause. If you don't quit won't your employer have to pay unemployment?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:22 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

In what context?

Aye, there's the rub.

If you're forced to quit won't you have a complaint for the labor board? If you're fired your employer will have to show cause. If you don't quit won't your employer have to pay unemployment?

That's thing, no one can be forced to "quit". They can only be fired, laid off or furloughed. BVH's employer is trying intimidate its employees into making a decision they don't need to and definitely shouldn't.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject:

I feel like we should start a project to move all the democratic voters in red states to purple or light red states.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Broward and Miami-Dade now reporting higher than expected turnout
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 20 of 80
Jump to: