Derrick Rose to the Lakers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject:

DRose? no thanks
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:21 pm    Post subject:

As a free agent? Sure

Trade? Pass.
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:09 am    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
What made this Lakers team special was that they never had a weak or bad defender that opposing teams can attack repeatedly in the postseason. Teams couldn't play KCP, Green, Caruso, or Rondo off the floor due to how good they were on the defensive end. Rose is not a good defender and teams will attack him on that end come postseason time. Will pass on Rose, especially if the Lakers have to give up assets for 32 year old Rose.

And one of the biggest weaknesses of the Lakers is that they have no one other than LeBron that can create their own shot. Rose excels at this. With Rose you can move LeBron off the ball more (which they need to do more of during the regular season and as he gets older) and have him come off the bench to run the 2nd unit.

Rose can consistently get you 15pts per game mostly coming from within 10 feet of the basket. He is a layup machine. The Lakers need a consistent 3rd scorer on this team. Rose can provide that off the bench. Having LeBron and Rose getting easy layups and kickouts to wide open three point shooters is the key.

Rose isn't the greatest three point shooter, but neither is Rondo. Rose is not the greatest defender either-but you don't need to give up much for him--Kuzma and the #1 pick or maybe even less than that. Cook and the Lakers #1. Consistent scoring, less defense is the trade-off but a more doable trade than some of the others.

The Clippers are looking for a PG- I wouldn't want to see him go to there-so the Lakers are taking another look at Rose for sure. Plus Rose is a Chicago boy just like AD and he would definitely fit in with this current Laker team.

It is going to be interesting in the next few weeks...
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:26 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
As a free agent? Sure

Trade? Pass.

Assuming all else the same in terms of being able to bring most of the important role players back, would you be against 28th pick + Bradley + Cook for Rose? I was against a Rose move at the deadline, because fans wanted to move Kuz.

But can you imagine having the same group with a 3rd QB who can run some screen/rolls and attack the basket without hesitation. Defenses will really have issues if we have Rose, Rondo, Lebron ... that's 3 guys that can attack a defense completely differently.

I liked Bradley's D, but if he opted in, and it cost a 28th pick, and maybe Cook, I would definitely lean towards doing it. I supported Rondo all season last season, but I do not believe that he will replicate another great playoffs like he did this season. Having Rose for cheap in the sense that you did not lose a single role player in the rotation from the championship run, would be a sharp move, IMO.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:37 am    Post subject:

They probably want Kuzma or Caruso, Lakers say only in a Kennard package. Pistons bring it back to McGee, 28 and THT. Lakers hopefully counter with a bought 2nd in place of THT.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Derrick Rose to the Lakers?

epic_ wrote:
logical24 wrote:
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-derrick-rose-more-likely-180645307.html

Rumors heating up again what do you guys think?

Other teams' execs really love talking about the Lakers. Haha.
They should worry about their own teams.

Keep our name out they mouth just like Bron told Lavar.

#BannersOverBillboards
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:31 am    Post subject:

We've got to take care AD and KCP before considering anything else. Those 2 are must signs.

#BannersOverBillboards
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject:

If we can trade for Rose without giving up Kuz/Caruso/THT (and of course LBJ/AD), I would be in favor of it.

Would Detroit turn down having a 1st and filler deals? Maybe. If so, move on from Rose.
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:44 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
As a free agent? Sure

Trade? Pass.

Assuming all else the same in terms of being able to bring most of the important role players back, would you be against 28th pick + Bradley + Cook for Rose? I was against a Rose move at the deadline, because fans wanted to move Kuz.

But can you imagine having the same group with a 3rd QB who can run some screen/rolls and attack the basket without hesitation. Defenses will really have issues if we have Rose, Rondo, Lebron ... that's 3 guys that can attack a defense completely differently.

I liked Bradley's D, but if he opted in, and it cost a 28th pick, and maybe Cook, I would definitely lean towards doing it. I supported Rondo all season last season, but I do not believe that he will replicate another great playoffs like he did this season. Having Rose for cheap in the sense that you did not lose a single role player in the rotation from the championship run, would be a sharp move, IMO.

Wolf,

I agree 100%. Rose has his flaws but if they can get him for the Lakers 28th pick and Kuzma/Cook, I would do it. The Lakers are in a win now mode and Kuzma's game has not expanded quickly enough and I would give him up. If the Pistons wanted Caruso-I would pass. If the Lakers had to trade Bradley for Rose, it would be a done deal!

I think Rose also provides insurance for Rondo because he is going to probably get hurt at some point of the season (same used to be said about Rose too). If the Lakers can use Rose, Rondo, and LeBron as ball handlers to create for others-that is a win-win for them. Add a good wing player like Jerami Grant or a three point sharp-shooter and the Lakers are looking good.

I think Rose might be a cheap get and if they can get him and not someone like the Clippers-I am all for it.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:45 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
As a free agent? Sure

Trade? Pass.

If you immediately sign the draft pick and then wait 30 days, just Cook + #28 will work for Rose, no need to include AB.
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject:

Pass. No telling when he will get injured unfortunately.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:04 pm    Post subject:

I'd rather trade for Rose than CP3 just because it would take much less to get Rose, but I don't know if I trust him to stay healthy for the whole season and especially the playoffs.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:08 pm    Post subject:

DRose is as healthy as he has ever been. I imagine the Chicago connection between Rose and AD, together, will make them LESS susceptible to injury than they have ever been in their careers. It could actually extend LeBron’s career into Magic like territory.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:12 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
As a free agent? Sure

Trade? Pass.

I would. I think we're giving up almost as much as we get back in terms of production and flexibility. Rose is a sieve on defense and i don't think his offense is such that it offsets it greatly. He hasn't been in a playoff series in two years, and if he's ever in one again, i think he gets hunted off the floor. He would obviously provide regular season value just taking the load off Lebron, but that's why I would only like him as a free agent. But if we're giving up assets now that could otherwise go to a player that significantly boosts our chances of repeating (CP3), i don't like it at all. And despite being younger, Rose strikes me as a greater injury risk with his multiple ACLs injuries. A lot of CP's injuries have been of the freak kind (breaking a hand getting it caught in someone's jersey) or the soft tissue kind (pulled hamstring) that can happen to anyone of any age from fatigue. He wouldn't be playing the minutes load he has played with in the past.
OdomGrab
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject:

he is a sexual deviant.
from a risk standpoint I am against it.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:05 pm    Post subject:

If we do bring on Rose for say a package of Bradley/1st, what role does that leave for Rondo?

96 minutes to split between DG/KCP/Caruso/Rondo and THT needing developmental minutes also
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:38 pm    Post subject:

As a buyout guy who can eat up minutes in the regular season, sure. But this is a move the mid-2000s Knicks would make. He's a shot creator who doesn't do the the two main things we need next to Lebron/AD - defend and catch and shoot.
ericp6387
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:01 am    Post subject:

I'm tempted to deal Kuzma and Bradley for Rose. He was great last year. His D was much improved. Definitely not a great 3 point shooter, which is a drawback. Then, sign Danilo Gallinari for 2 yrs, 20 mil. Keep Dwight.

PG--Rose, Rondo?
SG--KCP, Caruso
SF--Green, THT
PF--Lebron, Gallo
C--AD, Dwight, Javale?

This doesn't even count our 28th pick...
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:10 am    Post subject:

Rose makes sense if you are having to give up much less than you do for Chris Paul. Kuzma is from Detroit so I could see him wanting to paly back there. I'd offer Kuzma and Cook, maybe try to hold on to Bradley.

I could see someone being interested in McGee if he opts in, Houston, Golden State, other places too.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:56 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Rose makes sense if you are having to give up much less than you do for Chris Paul. Kuzma is from Detroit so I could see him wanting to paly back there. I'd offer Kuzma and Cook, maybe try to hold on to Bradley.

I could see someone being interested in McGee if he opts in, Houston, Golden State, other places too.

If we gonna trade Kuz/#28, I'd rather have CP3 than D.Rose (DG/McGee/Bradley/Cook expirings are replacable... DG/Bradley with KCP/Caruso)
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:11 am    Post subject:

D. Rose doesnt even like LeBron.

A hard pass.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:28 am    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
D. Rose doesnt even like LeBron.

A hard pass.

They didn't function well together in Cleveland, iirc.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject:

knowing his history and our luck, soon as he arrives, he'll get injured and miss a bunch of games.

Even though a healthy D Rose would be nice with this squad, I'm having a hard time sending Kuzma for a "what if" situation.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:48 am    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
knowing his history and our luck, soon as he arrives, he'll get injured and miss a bunch of games.

Even though a healthy D Rose would be nice with this squad, I'm having a hard time sending Kuzma for a "what if" situation.

Lillard would get 60 on him.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:

He also has history of going missing in action when the situation does not favor him using social anxiety disorder excuse. Not really worth losing an asset . I can easily see Caruso outplaying him anyways
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: