Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:08 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
The Boys S2 has been very good especially considering how a lot of the political stuff is mirroring the real world.

The season finale was great.

I was worried they wouldn’t be able to wrap everything up in the finale since so much was happening this season but they did an incredible job. Can’t wait for S3.

I recently read that a spin off has been green lighted...college setting in 2022.

https://www.bustle.com/entertainment/the-boys-spinoff-premiere-date-cast-trailer-everything-to-know
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:10 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Just watched the first 3 episodes of HBOMax's The Third Day. I've always been a fan of Jude Law. That's probably why I committed the 3 hours to it.

It's the most disorienting thing I've seen on TV since Twin Peaks. It's well made, but not worth watching.

It's auteur cinema on TV. But the strange confusing ride isn't worth the eventual "payoff".

Heck, I like lore. Things that have a created or little know ethos. That's why I LOVE HBOMax's Raised by Wolves. Heck I like TV that takes alot of chances. That tries to be art you've never seen before.
But this show wasn't for me. And I'd be shocked beyond belief if it is gains a large following. Even years from now.

Feels like one of those classic cases where a showrunner made a show for themselves. Even though they knew it was likely the audience wouldn't feel it was worthwhile.

I thought I had just figured things out in Episode 3...but I am slightly confused again...have not watched Episode 5.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Anyone watching the Documentary series on HBO....The Vow? I recall the headlines, but the story is pretty crazy....
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Also enjoying the new season of Fargo on FX.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:47 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Anyone watching the Documentary series on HBO....The Vow? I recall the headlines, but the story is pretty crazy....

I know about the cult. Listened to an estate lawyer for the leader Raniere go into detail about them in a Sirius XM radio interview.
Don't think I have the stomach to watch the documentary. But I bet it's intriguing.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:12 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Also enjoying the new season of Fargo on FX.

Enjoying it as well but I'm only up to ep. 4. I deleted ep. 5 off my DVR thinking I can catch it on Hulu w/o commercials but it's not available yet.

I keep expecting Chris Rock to do comedy but he's one of the main characters who isn't some kind of parody of a gangster.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:27 pm    Post subject:

BREAKING NEWS (I almost made a new thread for it):

DEXTER is coming back on Showtime for a 10 Episode run, in 2021...!

Based on the current sorry state of programs, this is huge for me and my OLED...
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:00 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
<b>BREAKING NEWS</b> (I almost made a new thread for it):

DEXTER is coming back on Showtime for a 10 Episode run, in 2021...!

Based on the current sorry state of programs, this is huge for me and my OLED...

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:26 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I know about the cult. Listened to an estate lawyer for the leader Raniere go into detail about them in a Sirius XM radio interview.
Don't think I have the stomach to watch the documentary. But I bet it's intriguing.

the crazy part about the whole thing is what the program was teaching was not unique....initially it appears to be mostly generic self reliance, focus and confidence type courses that have been offered in many self help and corporate training programs. A lot of it can be beneficial to people that need it, and even with this group it was clear that some people did benefit early on from the courses. I guess seeing that initial success or benefits was the hook that caused people to go off the cliff with the group.

Even though it is crazy from 10,000 feet looking at the whole thing, I actually can grasp some of the parts when broken down into pieces for certain personalities. For example, a lot of people seem to freak out about the "branding" on the female group....but at the time many of the females supposedly did not know his initials were hidden in the branding...and we see branding in Fraternities, gangs, motorcycle clubs, etc. Although I would never do it, I get the need for people to feel like they belong to something....something bigger than themselves. Again, I think it is crazy...just coming to the conclusion that many of these people were not crazy....just went down a slippery slope in search of something that was not there.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:46 pm    Post subject:

So happy Warrior season 2 is out. It's an easy show to enjoy.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject:

This or the Film thread? Looks like it will land here.

The Trial Of The Chicago 7 is really entertaining, though it will boil your blood. I mean, c'mon, it is Aaron Sorkin after all.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:17 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Anyone check out Utopia on Prime? I’m a few episodes in and am liking it. I like how Prime is becoming home to comic book shows that have a completely different feel. The Boys has been awesome.

Watched the first episode last night.

Holy crap is it cool. Cusack is amazing.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
Anyone check out Utopia on Prime? I’m a few episodes in and am liking it. I like how Prime is becoming home to comic book shows that have a completely different feel. The Boys has been awesome.

Watched the first episode last night.

Holy crap is it cool. Cusack is amazing.

I'd describe it as "not bad". It actually hits higher highs as the season progresses and the show's world grows. And some of the characters are alot of fun to watch.
But at the same time, there are things about the show that prevent me from scoring it higher than a 6-7 out of 10.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
This or the Film thread? Looks like it will land here.

The Trial Of The Chicago 7 is really entertaining, though it will boil your blood. I mean, c'mon, it is Aaron Sorkin after all.

Heard great things about it. And I've been a fan of Sorkin since West Wing. I'll check it out.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject:

I don't know if I can hang with Lovecraft Country. It'sa little, in fact, a lot, on the weird.

I'm trying to stay with Tehran. It's difficult because of the foreign language subtitles. I like the plot.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I don't know if I can hang with Lovecraft Country. It a little, in fact, a lot, on the weird.

I'm trying to stay with Tehran. It's difficult because of the foreign language subtitles. I like the plot.

lol. It's a very weird show. It's well made. Great acting. It's definitely not boring. It's practically impossible to guess what will happen in the next episode ahead of time. But if I had to describe the show in 1 word. It would definitely be "weird". lol.
Last night was the season finale. Haven't seen it yet. Will probably check it out tonight. You've made it this far Jo. Might as well finish off the season even if you don't come back for season 2.

Is Tariq's Power season almost over? When it's done I figured I'd watch the pilot and depending on that I'll decide to binge it or not.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:21 am    Post subject:

Oh Jo, have you seen Snowfall? It's a FX show. I imagine you'd love it. It's on Hulu and if you don't have Hulu but you have cable/satellite. You can watch it on the FXNow app.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Oh Jo, have you seen Snowfall? It's a FX show. I imagine you'd love it. It's on Hulu and if you don't have Hulu but you have cable/satellite. You can watch it on the FXNow app.

I downloaded the FXNow app. I may give Snowfall a peek. I don't know if I can trust you after getting me hooked on that BS Lovecraft Country.

The first season of “Power Book II: Ghost” is airing in two parts due to COVID-19 production difficulties. The mid-season finale is set for Oct. 4, and sources say the plan is for the series to return to set later this year to shoot the five remaining episodes. OK if you don't like Tariq but you're missing a good series.

EDIT: kik, you and I are gonna become Internet enemies. I watched the pilot of Snowfall. I'm interested. Hope it doesn't turn out to be another Lovecraft Country.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:43 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I downloaded the FXNow app. I may give Snowfall a peek. I don't know if I can trust you after getting me hooked on that BS Lovecraft Country.

The first season of “Power Book II: Ghost” is airing in two parts due to COVID-19 production difficulties. The mid-season finale is set for Oct. 4, and sources say the plan is for the series to return to set later this year to shoot the five remaining episodes. OK if you don't like Tariq but you're missing a good series.

EDIT: kik, you and I are gonna become Internet enemies. I watched the pilot of Snowfall. I'm interested. Hope it doesn't turn out to be another Lovecraft Country.

lol. Trust me. This one is in your wheelhouse. You're gonna love it. It's nothing like Lovecraft.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:

lol. Trust me. This one is in your wheelhouse. You're gonna love it. It's nothing like Lovecraft.

FoxNow comes with a price. You have to watch it on HULU. I have Eminence X. I can watch most series at no cost. Snowfall shows promise. LINK

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:13 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Just saw episode 5 of Lovecraft Country that came out Sunday.
Um...it's not for the faint of heart. One of the most difficult episodes of TV I've watched in a long time.

Just saw episode 5 and I agree with you
Don't know if I like what they did, though. Shock for shock value.

The book was much more enjoyable to me.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:13 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Um...it's not for the faint of heart. One of the most difficult episodes of TV I've watched in a long time.

I'm on episode 10. You ain't seen nothing yet. There is some weird $hit going on here.

Side Note Aunjanue Ellis (Hypolyta) is almost unrecognisable. She's gained quite a bit of weight.

danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:02 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
danzag wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I'm on episode 10. You ain't seen nothing yet. There is some weird $hit going on here.

Side Note Aunjanue Ellis (Hypolyta) is almost unrecognisable. She's gained quite a bit of weight.

Let's see how it goes
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
jodeke wrote:
danzag wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Let's see how it goes

If you saw the movie Under Cover Brother, Aunjanue Ellis played Sista Girl

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Just watched the finale episode 10. It was the same weird. Damn you kik🤬 If it's picked up I'll watch. Have to see what happens to Tic.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 45 of 110
Jump to: