General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 484, 485, 486 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:35 am    Post subject:

Jermell Charlo full fight

Both Charlo brothers won their contests. Jermell knocked Rosario out with a jab to the midsection. The punch was partially blocked by Rosario's elbows. He must have hit the diaphragm. Rosario was shaking like he was having seizures.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject:

In a rare non-PPV unification, we will see Lomachenko vs. Teofimo Lopez tonight on ESPN. FOTY candidate imo, and i have been looking forward to this bout all year. One of the few times in boxing you get to see the best fighting the best when both fighters are still at the top of their game.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject:

There hasn't been a fight of this magnitude in a very, very long time and it's free on ESPN. Lomachenko vs Lopez coming on at 4:30 pm pst. I have Lopez winning. He's bigger, younger, stronger. Don't think the fight will go the distance.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject:

This puertorican dude is craaaazy
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:38 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Edgar Berlanga 15 first round KOs. Waiting to see round 2.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:

Edgar Berlanga 15 first round KOs. Waiting to see round 2.

Insane run.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Lopez needs to keep the body work up that he was doing early he's not going to beat loma head hunting.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Loma finally woke up but didn't do enough. Easy decision imo.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:52 pm    Post subject:

I thought it was closer but Lopez won. The 12 round did it for me.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject:

I had a draw. The judges scorecards seemed like a joke, but that's just typical boxing for you.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:06 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
I had a draw. The judges scorecards seemed like a joke, but that's just typical boxing for you.

I had it even at 11. The 12th round won the fight for me.

I agree the judge's cards were off the charts.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:07 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Yea, i could see that. Teo had a great performance, and mad respect to him for asking for, taking, and delivering in this fight at the age of 23!
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:08 pm    Post subject:

6-6 for me. Loma dominated and controlled the ring starting from the 7th round by finally pressing the action. 2 and 7-11 all Loma. 1, 3-6 and 12 for Teo
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:09 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Yea, i could see that. Teo had a great performance, and mad respect to him for asking for, taking, and delivering in this fight at the age of 23!

Yeah, gotta give him his props.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:11 am    Post subject:

119 - 109
Triple G Salmon part deux
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject:

^^^^ Julie Lederman

I think Julie needs to see an optometrist.

If Lomo had won the 12th round I thought the fight would have been a draw.

Nice to see Lopez didn't listen to his father who thought he had the fight won. He showed warrior and went toe to toe with Lomo in the 12th.

Lamachenko vs Lopez score cards

LINK

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:17 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
6-6 for me. Loma dominated and controlled the ring starting from the 7th round by finally pressing the action. 2 and 7-11 all Loma. 1, 3-6 and 12 for Teo

I gave Lopez round 2. He just landed more shots that round, power or otherwise. Besides that I saw it the same way.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:59 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

I gave Lopez round 2. He just landed more shots that round, power or otherwise. Besides that I saw it the same way.

Compubox stats tell a different story. Loma was outlanded in every round except 9, 10 and 11 some times badly. Round 8 being equal. The strategy of giving up the first half of the fight to a young hungry and surprisingly well prepared fighter was a bad one. Lopez was bigger stronger and his hands were quick. He jabbed way better than I thought and defensively was able to nullify Lomas pivot game which he loves to do. The 119 - 109 card by Julie Lederman was bad but hey what's new she's pumped out some horrible decisions over the years. Personally I had the fight 116 - 112 Lopez.

A rematch would be interesting I wouldn't mind seeing Lopez vs Tank Davis and Loma vs Haney first though.

https://www.boxingscene.com/teofimo-lopez-vs-vasiliy-lomachenko-compubox-punch-stats--152555
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Mayweather's bringing Tank along slowly. He's about the business of boxing. He'll not overmatch Tank. Leo has the experience but I think he'll go down. It wouldn't surprise me if he's KO #24.

Saturday 31st October 2020 Showtime PPV

Gervonta Davis 23 0 23 KO vs Leo Santa Cruz 37 1 1 19 KO.

ELECTION COUNTDOWN

GET OUT AND VOTE

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Isaac Cruz demolished Diego Magdaleno in 53 seconds. Magdaleno may be finished.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject:

3 fights, 2 first round KO. 3rd fight a good fight also a sixth round KO.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Tank tanked Santa Cruz. Hit Leo with a left uppercut that turned the lights out. Leo was out immediately. One punch KO.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject:

My goodness I think it rang my bell just watching lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Leo made the mistake of trying to bang with a banger. He got KDFO Let the video play. There are some great comments and videos after the first one.

ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Nice fight by Davis / Santa Cruz. As impressed as I was by the knockout, I was more impressed by Davis interview post fight. He for once didn't act like a complete tool. Also looked like he took his training seriously this time. That is welcome let's hope he continues on this path. Lightweight is packed with good fights now if he can take his training seriously he has some nice paydays available. But he has to keep his weight at 135 because I think 140 is just too much for him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 484, 485, 486 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 485 of 514
Jump to: