2020 LA Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 126, 127, 128 ... 298, 299, 300  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:58 pm    Post subject:

The Dodger game will be at the same time as the Rams game tomorrow.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
strong9 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
You think we see kershaw tomorrow? ARod is mentioning it but Gonsolin, Urias, Graterol should be enough.

Please no more kershaw until next round when we have a lead in the series. I’d take the combination of urias and gonselin as co-starters and see what happens.

I agree. I'd start Gonsolin and watch him closely after the first time through the order, assuming he gets that far. Then Urias backing him up and you go about it the same way, you let him go at least one time through the order and you evaluate after that. If they are both locked in, you might get 7-8 innings between the two. Or maybe you only get 6 total. If you have the lead, you live with that. Graterol should be available tomorrow for at least 25-30 pitches, so you might be able to use him for 2 innings if necessary. May only went 2 innings in Game 5 so he might even be available for an inning if need be. I would really, really try to stay away from Kershaw. Stop making him the savior; it's not even fair to him after all of his failures in do-or-die games. He should only be used if we've exhausted all realistic options.

Agree but key question is, does Kershaw start game 1 of the world series IF we advance. I don't know if we have a choice but I'd really like him to be a 3rd starter right now.

Nobody cares what you think. Kershaw third starter? What kind of psycho (bleep) is that. Even with his bad outing last start it was a pretty solid start. You want Gonselin or May? Those guys barely got out of the 2nd inning. Urias? Great start with a 11 run lead sure..but he has major 1st inning woes and a lot to answer still.

Some of you are unbelievable man. It’s like you’re just waiting to (bleep) on our guys the moment things don’t go the way you want them to. Kersh is a scrub right? Well he went 5 and gave up 3. Oh by the the BP came in and gave up an extra 7 after that AND we didn’t hit. But of course you don’t wanna see a kershaw in game 1. (bleep) it let’s start Joe Kelly. Make some sense. You talk about 10 years of futility but aren’t willing to move on yourself. Maybe the Dodgers have mentally moved on and you haven’t.

We act like Kershaw is the worst pitcher of all time. You have such low expectations of him anyways why does it bother you if he doesn’t go out there and do well? You expected to anyway.

Seager was another write off. Another guy people (bleep) on year after year even though when he was healthy he was as good as any in the league. Now he’s our lord and saviour. And now Bellinger is the scapegoat ..and tomorrow there will be another. Give the guys a (bleep) chance - what choice do you have? Half glass full it sometimes ...stop being miserable.

Thanks
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:04 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
If Gonsolin pitches well tomorrow its a wrap. Game 1 of the WS has to be Kershaw. There is no one else who will be ready.

I feel very good about Gonsolin/Urias with Joe Kelly and Graterol rested and ready behind. Can’t ask for more in game 7. I don’t wanna see nor do I think we will see Kershaw warming up trying to close this out. If he pitches again it’ll be game 1.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:06 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
If Gonsolin pitches well tomorrow its a wrap. Game 1 of the WS has to be Kershaw. There is no one else who will be ready.

Oh yes, it simply has to be a question of getting there first. You worry about Game 1 if you get that far. It would likely be May in Game 2 and Buehler in Game 3.

That's likely the result. Try to get 5 out of Kershaw. How many off days are there between the NLCS and the WS?
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:08 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
Snipes wrote:
strong9 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
You think we see kershaw tomorrow? ARod is mentioning it but Gonsolin, Urias, Graterol should be enough.

Please no more kershaw until next round when we have a lead in the series. I’d take the combination of urias and gonselin as co-starters and see what happens.

I agree. I'd start Gonsolin and watch him closely after the first time through the order, assuming he gets that far. Then Urias backing him up and you go about it the same way, you let him go at least one time through the order and you evaluate after that. If they are both locked in, you might get 7-8 innings between the two. Or maybe you only get 6 total. If you have the lead, you live with that. Graterol should be available tomorrow for at least 25-30 pitches, so you might be able to use him for 2 innings if necessary. May only went 2 innings in Game 5 so he might even be available for an inning if need be. I would really, really try to stay away from Kershaw. Stop making him the savior; it's not even fair to him after all of his failures in do-or-die games. He should only be used if we've exhausted all realistic options.

Agree but key question is, does Kershaw start game 1 of the world series IF we advance. I don't know if we have a choice but I'd really like him to be a 3rd starter right now.

Nobody cares what you think. Kershaw third starter? What kind of psycho (bleep) is that. Even with his bad outing last start it was a pretty solid start. You want Gonselin or May? Those guys barely got out of the 2nd inning. Urias? Great start with a 11 run lead sure..but he has major 1st inning woes and a lot to answer still.

Some of you are unbelievable man. It’s like you’re just waiting to (bleep) on our guys the moment things don’t go the way you want them to. Kersh is a scrub right? Well he went 5 and gave up 3. Oh by the the BP came in and gave up an extra 7 after that AND we didn’t hit. But of course you don’t wanna see a kershaw in game 1. (bleep) it let’s start Joe Kelly. Make some sense. You talk about 10 years of futility but aren’t willing to move on yourself. Maybe the Dodgers have mentally moved on and you haven’t.

We act like Kershaw is the worst pitcher of all time. You have such low expectations of him anyways why does it bother you if he doesn’t go out there and do well? You expected to anyway.

Seager was another write off. Another guy people (bleep) on year after year even though when he was healthy he was as good as any in the league. Now he’s our lord and saviour. And now Bellinger is the scapegoat ..and tomorrow there will be another. Give the guys a (bleep) chance - what choice do you have? Half glass full it sometimes ...stop being miserable.

Thanks

I still love you strong9. I’ve been there right with you these last 8 years and they’ve been traumatic. But let’s look at the now and future. What is done is done. World Series will sanctify is my friend. Sorry for being so harsh - it’s been a frustrating ride.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:08 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

Oh yes, it simply has to be a question of getting there first. You worry about Game 1 if you get that far. It would likely be May in Game 2 and Buehler in Game 3.

That's likely the result. Try to get 5 out of Kershaw. How many off days are there between the NLCS and the WS?

strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
strong9 wrote:
Snipes wrote:
strong9 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

Thanks

I still love you strong9. I’ve been there right with you these last 8 years and they’ve been traumatic. But let’s look at the now and future. What is done is done. World Series will sanctify is my friend. Sorry for being so harsh - it’s been a frustrating ride.

It's all good. FWIW, I don't want to see Kershaw as a 3rd starter because I'm crapping on him. The reality is in high leverage situations with Kershaw our offense absolutely chokes and he is put in tremendously difficult situations. I'd rather he is a 3rd starter because it is lower stress and our offense doesn't meet an ace. I think the offense presses to support him. Like others have said, they need to stop putting him in GOAT or goat situations.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:36 pm    Post subject:

I always think of Kevin Brown whenever I see Charlie Morton.....a mopier version of Kevin
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:39 pm    Post subject:

2020?

1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Speaking of Brown: Two of my favorites: ex-Marlins Brown and Sheffield. Boy would i love it if those two could have been on these Dodger playoff teams. Brown as the hard throwing right handed ace and Sheffield as the best hitter on the team
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:42 pm    Post subject:

My favorite Dodgers are Derrel Thomas & Fernando Valenzuela.

1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:44 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
My favorite Dodgers are Derrel Thomas & Fernando Valenzuela.

Just a thought I had now that you mention 80s Dodgers, something about Mookie Betts swing reminds me a lot of Petey Guerrero
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Guerrero could hit, but fielding and sliding gave him problems.

leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Morton is dealing.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:08 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Morton is dealing.

Yeah he really is. They have Snell, Glasnow, and Morton to throw at us. Their starters would be a problem. But I think we'd have a clear hitting advantage. Of course, great pitching can stop great hitting, though.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:17 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
Morton is dealing.

Yeah he really is. They have Snell, Glasnow, and Morton to throw at us. Their starters would be a problem. But I think we'd have a clear hitting advantage. Of course, great pitching can stop great hitting, though.

That Kevin Brown look-alike is the only who is really proven in playoffs baseball and is proving it again right now. He is the only one who worries me but thank goodness he is pitching now so he cant pitch the early World Series games
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Cash just pulled Morton after an infield dribbler for a hit at 66 pitches when he's pitching a shutout and he's literally on a 0.00 ERA for his career in winner-take-all games. This is just nuts, completely nuts. I don't care if it works. Just totally nuts.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
It's all good. FWIW, I don't want to see Kershaw as a 3rd starter because I'm crapping on him. The reality is in high leverage situations with Kershaw our offense absolutely chokes and he is put in tremendously difficult situations. I'd rather he is a 3rd starter because it is lower stress and our offense doesn't meet an ace. I think the offense presses to support him. Like others have said, they need to stop putting him in GOAT or goat situations.

Would you let Kersh pitch tomorrow? Don't know baseball as well as you, so just curious on your thoughts on if we should bring him in short rest with the season on the line.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Any thoughts on Jansen tonight? I missed the game but I see on the box score he pitched an inning. How'd he look?
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:53 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
strong9 wrote:

Would you let Kersh pitch tomorrow? Don't know baseball as well as you, so just curious on your thoughts on if we should bring him in short rest with the season on the line.

Absolutely not ... the game is simply too high leverage for him on short notice
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Guess no Dodgers revenge in the World Series against the Astros.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:18 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Guess no Dodgers revenge in the World Series against the Astros.

We're not there yet.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Rays pitcher is shook. You have to pull him.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:25 pm    Post subject:

And this is why lifting Morton was problematic. He could've gone through 8 IP at his pace. They got through the 6th and 7th but now 2 runs are in in the 8th. Still need to get 4 more outs.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:27 pm    Post subject:

They get out of it with the 2 runs scoring. Glasnow will likely come in for them to try to close it out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 126, 127, 128 ... 298, 299, 300  Next
Page 127 of 300
Jump to: