Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 333, 334, 335  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:54 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
An NFL-only fan sib told me to check the Dak Prescott injury thinking I hadn't seen any worse than that and I texted her a clip of Jusuf Nurkic's break and said I could give two more links after that (Hayward and Paul George stanchion). Nurkic's was closer to Joe Theisman than Dak Prescott. Nurk's and Gordo's were audible snaps, sounding like Bo Jackson breaking a bat over his knee.

I was watching the Giants vs Washington game when Theisman got his leg broken in a compound fracture. He was tackled by Lawrence Taylor and Harry Carson. It was gruesome. I don't think Lawrence Taylor ever really got over that.

Though nothing was broken the knee injury suffered by Shaun Livingston looked more brutal. His kneecap was on the side of his leg. He came back and had a good career. Maybe Dakota will be as fortunate.

Yes, Livingston's was so bad it thankfully happened when 90% of YT's vids looked like pixellated garbage. It's still up there, but it looks like it was filmed with a potato. Imagine how difficult pubic/anus is with a leg/knee injury like that. Yer lucky if you can wash pubic/anus in ANY order.

I remember now LT standing there freakin out when he saw Joe's leg. That was the Superbowl, no?

Bo Jax's hip displacement was the most tragic sport injury since then imo. All that was lost with that yank. If he wasn't a superhuman he might've gone down before his leg had to be pulled out of its socket at the hip. He and Shaq (after destroying 3-4 parts of his knee) just got up and it took them awhile to figure out they had an injury that would have your average man weeping. Shaq of course was sent back out there (at MIN in 97) to continue playing and he still dunked on someone's head and scored 4-6 pts.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:23 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
An NFL-only fan sib told me to check the Dak Prescott injury thinking I hadn't seen any worse than that and I texted her a clip of Jusuf Nurkic's break and said I could give two more links after that (Hayward and Paul George stanchion). Nurkic's was closer to Joe Theisman than Dak Prescott. Nurk's and Gordo's were audible snaps, sounding like Bo Jackson breaking a bat over his knee.

I was watching the Giants vs Washington game when Theisman got his leg broken in a compound fracture. He was tackled by Lawrence Taylor and Harry Carson. It was gruesome. I don't think Lawrence Taylor ever really got over that.

Though nothing was broken the knee injury suffered by Shaun Livingston looked more brutal. His kneecap was on the side of his leg. He came back and had a good career. Maybe Dakota will be as fortunate.

Yes, Livingston's was so bad it thankfully happened when 90% of YT's vids looked like pixellated garbage. It's still up there, but it looks like it was filmed with a potato. Imagine how difficult pubic/anus is with a leg/knee injury like that. Yer lucky if you can wash pubic/anus in ANY order.

I remember now LT standing there freakin out when he saw Joe's leg. That was the Superbowl, no?

Bo Jax's hip displacement was the most tragic sport injury since then imo. All that was lost with that yank. If he wasn't a superhuman he might've gone down before his leg had to be pulled out of its socket at the hip. He and Shaq (after destroying 3-4 parts of his knee) just got up and it took them awhile to figure out they had an injury that would have your average man weeping. Shaq of course was sent back out there (at MIN in 97) to continue playing and he still dunked on someone's head and scored 4-6 pts.

None of those aforementioned injuries were as gruesome as Napoleon McCallum's. He nearly had his knee amputated.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:

None of those aforementioned injuries were as gruesome as Napoleon McCallum's. He nearly had his knee amputated.

Uuuugh. Yeah, you could be right on this one.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:31 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

No that was a divisional game as the Giants/Redskins are divisional rivals.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

Man! what is it with you and your pubic, anus fetish? Are you into those freaky kind of things?

If I remember correctly shortly after the Theisman accident Lawrence started on his downhill drug battle.

Bo Jackson's injury finished the career of what may have been the greatest RB of all times. Bo literally ran over people. He ran outside, between the tackles with equal efficiency. Bo was a fast bull.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject:

Mayfield is being Mayfield. He's a off and on QB. He's thrown some great passes and a INT. LG is doing a great Mayfield, off and on. Just after I posted this he threw another INT.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:20 pm    Post subject:

That Baaad man has thrown 2 picks. First 2 of the year. Turned into 2 TD's for the Bucs.

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:23 pm    Post subject:

New England looked exactly like a team that hadn't practiced together. The roster depletion via Covid didn't help. Ugly game, ugly loss.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Law of averages caught up with Rodgers. He will mount a comeback.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
New England looked exactly like a team that hadn't practiced together. The roster depletion via Covid didn't help. Ugly game, ugly loss.

So far Brady's winning the Belichick vs Brady battle. Rephrasing, Brady's team is winning the battle.

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:05 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

So far Brady's winning the Belichick vs Brady battle.

That is still a sore spot for me. While I want both to succeed, Brady earned the right to get a two year extension in New England.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

That is still a sore spot for me. While I want both to succeed, Brady earned the right to get a two year extension in New England.

Belichick wanted to go younger. Brady's got a couple of good years left in him. I rephrased my post to (Brady's team is winning the battle) Tampa Bay's defense is a beast. 31 10 Bucs over Pac

leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject:

since the jets tank every year, shouldnt they have some draft talent by now?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:26 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

I believe their problem is with the FO. They've been drafting the wrong people for a while.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Brady dropping dimes to Gronk.

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

Belichick wanted to go younger. Brady's got a couple of good years left in him. I rephrased my post to (Brady's team is winning the battle) Tampa Bay's defense is a beast. 31 10 Bucs over Pac

That would work if he had a young, quality QB backing up Brady. If that was the case he wouldn't have signed Newton. Actually the entire team is pretty old. I think after next season they'll need a major rebuild.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Rodgers keeps shaking his head, wondering where his pass protection went. GB is getting destroyed.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:23 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Rodgers keeps shaking his head, wondering where his pass protection went. GB is getting destroyed.

Tampa Bay defense improving. Offense coming alive too. If the Pirates go to the SB Brady should LINK at Belichick. He should do it even if the Bucs just have a better record.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:33 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

Tampa Bay defense improving. Offense coming alive too. If the Pirates go to the SB Brady should LINK at Belichick. He should even do it if the Bucs have a better record.

I see pretty good talent on that team, but until today the team play was far less than the sum of the individual parts. Last week they beat themselves, or to be more precise, the Tampa Bay offensive line imploded.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:57 pm    Post subject:

It was as if Tampa Bay knew Green Bay's plays on both offense and defense after the first quarter. What an annihilation from that point forward. I thought Tampa Bay would win the game because I figured they'd be angry after blowing that game to the Bears, and that perhaps Green Bay would come out a little flat after their bye, but that was just ridiculous after the 1st quarter.

I'm not sure I've seen a team look as hapless as the Joe Flacco, Frank Gore, and the Adam Gase-led Jets. At least with Darnold they occasionally have a spark. It was truly ugly to watch today. At one point in the second half, Flacco took a 28-yard sack! Hilarious. If I'm a Jets fan, I would actually want Gase to stay on for the rest of the year to ensure getting the #1 pick.

Crazy game in Tennessee. Interesting decision by Romeo Crennel to go for 2 when the Texans scored a TD with just under 2 minutes to go. With the PAT or conversion attempt pending, the Texans took a 7-point lead on the TD. They decided to go for 2 to essentially end the game. Of course, I think most coaches would kick the PAT to try to go up by 8 and force them to get the TD and the 2-point conversion just to tie. They missed the conversion, and then Tennessee tied it up with the late TD and PAT. I was wondering if Mike Vrabel might go for the 2-point conversion himself, given that neither defense was stopping the other, but he played it safe. They won the coin toss in OT and marched right down the field for the winning TD. Who would have also gone for 2 if you had been the Texans, and who didn't like that call?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

They would have to make good decisions for that to happen
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:18 pm    Post subject:

I only caught the tail end of the TN game. I thought they had pretty good momentum, so I liked the call. Later I looked at the box score and realized that Texans were pretty dangerous as well in the fourth. Good question, maybe the 2 if TX looked dangerous with the ball.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Monday afternoon football, a product of 2020.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Le'Vone Bell is gonna make the Cheifs even more formidable. Add him to Edwards-Helaire they'll have the best tandem in the NFL. Andy Reid has a problem. How's he going to play the two of them? Bring back the old split T? LINK

Le'Veon Bell may make Chiefs debut as details behind Jets departure emerge

LINK

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Buffalo is losing to the Chiefs 17 23 and giving account for their 4 1 record.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 11 of 335
Jump to: