CP3 to Lakers? (Nope -Traded to the Suns)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:42 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
chantruong wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Look at the math, people...

What do you do, trade Anthony Davis? Trade Lebron?

He is still owed $85 million for TWO years....lol...

From the FA thread I said it would take something like this without relying on S&T

DG
Kuz
28th
McGee (opt-in)
Bradley (opt-in)
Cook (Fully Guaranteed)

We all know 6 for 1 trades are very unlikely, even though AD trade was technically a 6 for 1. Also I think we would give up too much in terms of assets, depth, and salary flexibility with exceptions.

It's really not a bad trade for us.

Cook and McGee don't matter.

We did fine without Bradley in the playoffs.

Green and Kuz had their moments but they really weren't anything special overall.

We'd still have the MLE to use.

Pretty much. We could sign a good 3 & D player with size to replace Kuz using MLE. Healthy CP3 with AD, Bron, MLE player, KCP, Caruso, Rondo, Dwight etc would make us big favorites to win the title next season.
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

activeverb wrote:
chantruong wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

From the FA thread I said it would take something like this without relying on S&T

DG
Kuz
28th
McGee (opt-in)
Bradley (opt-in)
Cook (Fully Guaranteed)

We all know 6 for 1 trades are very unlikely, even though AD trade was technically a 6 for 1. Also I think we would give up too much in terms of assets, depth, and salary flexibility with exceptions.

Green and Kuz had their moments but they really weren't anything special overall.

That last part is the one I’m not sure about, I think we would lose the full MLE if the trade is made.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If anyone deserves a ring, it's CP3. However, the guy is too injury prone. He and Kyrie are the anti-Lebron when it comes to durability in pivotal moments.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject:

If you watched the playoffs, you can tell CP3 has a lot left. He is a HOF,and better than Rondo. He is still a decent defender, good shooter, clutch. Can make plays for others. If we can get him, I’d do it in a heartbeat.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

AFireInside619 wrote:
It’s fake I’m guessing. OKC wants more in return from the Knick, essentially creating a fake bidding war.

The fake bidding war makes much more sense. Celtics have a lot of draft picks and they have a spare , that expiring Hayward contract who will most likely to opt in. If they feel they are one piece away, they have the edge.
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

Welp, the Steve Nash trade immediately comes to mind, but Nash was 38 when he joined the Lakers coming off an All-Star season, while CP3 is same age as Bron at 35 and coming off both an All-Star and All-NBA 2nd team selection. It wouldn't be ideal, but Lakers have always been about going all in for star power rather than depth and winning on the margins, so wouldn't be against this trade since Lakers are in win now mode and would increase the Lakers odds of winning back to back titles significantly.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
chantruong wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

DG
Kuz
28th
McGee (opt-in)
Bradley (opt-in)
Cook (Fully Guaranteed)

too complicated to happen...

I don't see what's complicated about it.

OKC would be getting Kuz and a pick, plus expiring contracts. They could simply waive any of the expiring guys they didn't want to get their roster down. They would save on Paul's salary next year.

If this trade went through, we'd have

Lebron
AD
Paul
Caruso
THT

We'd probably resign Rondo and KCP, and hope Dwight comes back for the minimum.

We'd still have our MLE, which we'd use on the best available wing.

And then we'd fill out the roster with vet minimum guys.

That would be a good team for a two-year run.
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:46 am    Post subject:

I just don't like that contract.

If the last year on it wasn't so bloated and didn't hinder us in 2021 this would be a no-brainer. Even if you had to load manage Chris, it would be worth it but man...that contract.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
It’s fake I’m guessing. OKC wants more in return from the Knick, essentially creating a fake bidding war.

The fake bidding war makes much more sense. Celtics have a lot of draft picks and they have a spare , that expiring Hayward contract who will most likely to opt in. If they feel they are one piece away, they have the edge.

Celtics need Smart's defense and Kemba is the other starter. Got others who need the ball like Jaylen and Tatum. What they need is a big to contain Bam/AD etc if they are looking for that final piece.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
Welp, the Steve Nash trade immediately comes to mind, but Nash was 38 when he joined the Lakers coming off an All-Star season, while CP3 is same age as Bron at 35 and coming off both an All-Star and All-NBA 2nd team selection. It wouldn't be ideal, but Lakers have always been about going all in for star power rather than depth and winning on the margins, so wouldn't be against this trade since Lakers are in win now mode and would increase the Lakers odds of winning back to back titles significantly.

I concur
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
OKC has no interests in oblige to both CP3 and Lakers, they can care less where he wishes to end up.

Kuzma, #28 plus DG/Bradley/McGee expirings might be financially enticing, Lakers basically shutting ourself from 2021 sweepstakes

Shutting 2021 but making us the heavy favorite next year and possible the following. If CP3 can keep up the way he played this past season, I just don't see a team that beats LeBron/AD/CP3 in 4 out of 7.

Feels too complicated to happen but in theory, it's a yes for me. I'm in the camp that we should be as aggressive as possible in upgrading our team. I trust LeBron/AD/Vogel to build chemistry with whoever new comes in.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject:

Intlakeshow wrote:
activeverb wrote:
chantruong wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

DG
Kuz
28th
McGee (opt-in)
Bradley (opt-in)
Cook (Fully Guaranteed)

That last part is the one I’m not sure about, I think we would lose the full MLE if the trade is made.

We might end up with the smaller taxpayer MLE. It would depend on how much we paid Rondo and KCP.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject:

Lakers wouldn't have a bench if they signed him.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:55 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
governator wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
OKC has no interests in oblige to both CP3 and Lakers, they can care less where he wishes to end up.

Kuzma, #28 plus DG/Bradley/McGee expirings might be financially enticing, Lakers basically shutting ourself from 2021 sweepstakes

Shutting 2021 but making us the heavy favorite next year and possible the following. If CP3 can keep up the way he played this past season, I just don't see a team that beats LeBron/AD/CP3 in 4 out of 7.

Feels too complicated to happen but in theory, it's a yes for me. I'm in the camp that we should be as aggressive as possible in upgrading our team. I trust LeBron/AD/Vogel to build chemistry with whoever new comes in.

CP3 - KCP - Bron - AD - Dwight
Rondo- AC - THT - Dudley - Antetokumpo
min vet - min vet - Cacok
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

Trade, not sign
The only rotation players we give up is Kuz and DG, AB is another but wasn’t part of the playoff run.
If we can pull this off, we still have MLE and BAE to fill out the roaster, which is plenty
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:58 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

CP3 will replace DG(massive upgrade), have MLE to replace Kuz. Cousins will replace Mcgee. Cook not important and Bradley didn't play in the bubble. We could find ring chasers for minimum to add depth to replace Bradley anyways.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:59 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
chantruong wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

DG
Kuz
28th
McGee (opt-in)
Bradley (opt-in)
Cook (Fully Guaranteed)

too complicated to happen...

I don't see what's complicated about it.

OKC would be getting Kuz and a pick, plus expiring contracts. They could simply waive any of the expiring guys they didn't want to get their roster down. They would save on Paul's salary next year.

If this trade went through, we'd have

Lebron
AD
Paul
Caruso
THT

We'd probably resign Rondo and KCP, and hope Dwight comes back for the minimum.

We'd still have our MLE, which we'd use on the best available wing.

And then we'd fill out the roster with vet minimum guys.

That would be a good team for a two-year run.

Just hard to move $40 million out.....that's all I am saying...
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Oh hell no, dont even entertain this trade.

CP3 is a ticking time bomb, and an expensive one too. He benefited having 4 months off between season and the bubble. I have no confidence hed last a full long season.

If he want to come here, then settle for a buy out. If not, enjoy Oklahoma.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Hard no to that salary. We're still being penalized for the bad Deng and Mozgov contracts.

Let OKC or Atlanta buy him out and we can pick him up on the cheap.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
@AshleyNevel
LeBron CP3 AD is going to happen

Perkins replies with " No lies detected" GIF.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
CRoost wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Celtics need Smart's defense and Kemba is the other starter. Got others who need the ball like Jaylen and Tatum. What they need is a big to contain Bam/AD etc if they are looking for that final piece.

Kemba was a big disappointment in the playoff. Not only he got switch hunt on defense, he can’t also get past any halfcourt trap. If anything they should trade him along with Hayward for CP3 and Adams. If this is the time to go all in, Ainge should do it as long as they don’t lose Smart, Brown and Tatum which is their core moving forward even if they don’t win it all with CP3.

Last edited by CRoost on Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:11 pm    Post subject:

No thanks. We don't need a third superstar. We've got enough superstars. What we need are serviceable role players and we have that. Not fleecing our current roster for an injury-proned former all-star. I laugh every time I see CP3 and Westbrick making as much as Lebron but no team wants them...lol. Both guys got tossed around like a used tissue.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:11 pm    Post subject:

There would be literally no way we would be able to use the full MLE even if we let Rondo and KCP go if we traded for CP3
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:20 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
CRoost wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Kemba was a big disappointment in the playoff. Not only he got switch hunt on defense, he can’t also get past any halfcourt trap. If anything they should trade him along with Hayward for CP3 and Adams. If this is the time to go all in, Ainge should do it as long as they don’t lose Smart, Brown and Tatum which is their core moving forward even if they don’t win it all with CP3.

OKC wouldn't want that Kemba contract unless so many picks are attached to it. CP3 contract has way more trade value than Kemba. Besides, if CP3 and Bron wanna play together(almost a certain ring for CP3 unlike small Celtics who can't deal with Bam let alone AD), Ainge won't risk pissing off CP3 by meddling in given his age and how much he's owed in that contract.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
There would be literally no way we would be able to use the full MLE even if we let Rondo and KCP go if we traded for CP3

And we’re literally going to have every veteran ring chaser knocking at the door for the vet min and a shot at a ring.

Like we can whine about depth and injuries, but at the end of the day an AD-CP3-LBJ trio will give opposing coaches nightmares trying to scheme against us.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 2 of 69
Jump to: