PS5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:21 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
What are the must have titles for PS5 this season?

Ghost of Tsushima was awesome on the PS4 and will look absolutely stunning on the PS5. Personally, I'm a huge FF fan, so I'll definitely be getting FF16 (not a launch title, unfortunately).

Assassins Creed: Valhalla is getting rave reviews. Cyberpunk 2077. The new Spiderman (although it's smaller in scope compared to Spiderman on the PS4).
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject:

NBA 2k21 gameplay released on PS5

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ_bxl5DwkM
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:32 am    Post subject:

The Xbox series X quick resume feature is pretty amazing. It feels like probably the best new console feature since at least the PS3/360 era.

Basically you can be playing a game and turn off your console and even unplug it for a week or longer. Turn it back on and quick resume the games you were last playing. You can be right back to the exact spot you left off in seconds.

Sony hasn't really previewed the PS5 and OS yet. Feels like everyone is getting the PS5 regardless, but the series X has had some good previews so far.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:35 am    Post subject:

Which console between the PS5 and XBOX has better exclusive shooter games? I know Halo is only Xbox.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject:

TBH honest that's not really a competition. Halo/Gears were always way better exclusive shooters than Sony's Killzone/Resistance. Single player and multiplayer. And Killzone/Resistance have basically been on the back burner for Sony for years now. The Killzone dev went on to make the far superior Horizon Zero Dawn.

Pretty much has remained Microsoft's only win along with Forza being the best racing series.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
TBH honest that's not really a competition. Halo/Gears were always way better exclusive shooters than Sony's Killzone/Resistance. Single player and multiplayer. And Killzone/Resistance have basically been on the back burner for Sony for years now. The Killzone dev went on to make the far superior Horizon Zero Dawn.

Pretty much has remained Microsoft's only win along with Forza being the best racing series.

So if I want to play a shooter, get the XBox?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Smoothness101
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:52 pm    Post subject:

One thing to note is Sony has timed exclusivity deals with Destiny/Call of Duty.

For me it boils down to which controller feels better, consensus is xbox's stick alignment is better suited for fps games.

but for single-player games its not close, Sony is outright embarrassing them on that front.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Smoothness101 wrote:
One thing to note is Sony has timed exclusivity deals with Destiny/Call of Duty.

For me it boils down to which controller feels better, consensus is xbox's stick alignment is better suited for fps games.

but for single-player games its not close, Sony is outright embarrassing them on that front.

So, overall, which do you think is the better console?

Smoothness101
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:28 pm    Post subject:

PS5. They have a far better library of exclusives, for which im willing to pay for individually.

Then again I play most my games on pc, and the only xbox exclusive i play is Forza.

But I'd look into xbox gamepass. Its single-handily their answer to sony's first-party titles.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Smoothness101 wrote:
PS5. They have a far better library of exclusives, for which im willing to pay for individually.

Then again I play most my games on pc, and the only xbox exclusive i play is Forza.

But I'd look into xbox gamepass. Its single-handily their answer to sony's first-party titles.

I went with PS5, but you never know. Microsoft does seem to be making a stronger push this gen. If you are thinking about Microsoft's exclusives as only the quality we saw with xbox one than you might be underselling them. They have been buying studios left and right. They at the very least will have more exclusives than they had previous gen. The quality of them we will have to wait and see. Obviously if you can't buy Fallout 5, The Elder Scrolls VI and Starfield on a Playstation that is some pretty big name exclusives for Microsoft. Then add Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake and Dishonored. Those are just games from the ZeniMax sale.

PS5 may be king again, but the exclusive quality should be closer than previous gen.

Personally want to play God of War 2, Horizon Zero Dawn 2 and the next Spider-man. Plus Playstation had their pre-orders first so you snooze you lose Microsoft lol. If I knew ZeniMax was going to be bought before I pre-ordered PS5 I might have had second thoughts, but I have PS5 pre-ordered which some people couldn't so I am keeping it. I have a PC with 2+ years of gamepass ultimate so I can still enjoy those games. Plus I can play them over xcloud on my phone if I want to.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:49 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Smoothness101 wrote:

Xbox is the better hardware. Software is another matter. I like XBox games better than PS games so it's was an easy choice for me. I also haven't invested $1k in a gaming system so games look better from consoles on my 65" screen.

Figure out what games you like and that will lead you to a choice. It's also nice to be able to play every Xbox game I ever bought - without pulling out the old systems.
Ogrounder
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Smoothness101 wrote:

Xbox is the better hardware. Software is another matter. I like XBox games better than PS games so it's was an easy choice for me. I also haven't invested $1k in a gaming system so games look better from consoles on my 65" screen.

Figure out what games you like and that will lead you to a choice. It's also nice to be able to play every Xbox game I ever bought - without pulling out the old systems.

Completely agree with you! I always wondered why people are quarreling about consoles deciding which one is better. It all is about gaming preference. I am a fan of Destiny 2 which is available both for Xbox and PS5 so in my case the choice is a problem
Btw if you have never played Destiny 2 I strongly recommend you to give this game a chance. In my opinion it is a sheer masterpice!

Last edited by Ogrounder on Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Ogrounder wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Smoothness101 wrote:

Completely agree with you! I always wondered why people are quarreling about consoles deciding which one is better. It all is about gaming preference. I am a fan of Destiny 2 which is available both for Xbox and PS5 so in my case the choice is a problem
Btw if you have never played Destiny 2 I strongly recommend you to give this game a chance. In my opinion it is a sheer masterpice!

Wow really? I played it quite a bit on release and wasn't too fond of it. The gameplay really had no flaws mechanically but the game felt like it was barely half way finished. My best friend was the producer on the production side of things on the title and he'd be the first to tell you how much they left on the table. The developers were extremely difficult to deal with.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Ogrounder wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Smoothness101 wrote:

Wow really? I played it quite a bit on release and wasn't too fond of it. The gameplay really had no flaws mechanically but the game felt like it was barely half way finished. My best friend was the producer on the production side of things on the title and he'd be the first to tell you how much they left on the table. The developers were extremely difficult to deal with.

Destiny 2 was polished but extremely boring.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:48 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Ogrounder wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Smoothness101 wrote:

It really felt like a tech demo.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:53 am    Post subject:

I sold my PS4 with both dual shock controllers and 5 games for 300 dollars.

friends told me im an idiot for giving games and not pre-ordering PS5 yet....

i thought i made a good deal because I am going to wait for ps5 to hit costco like i did with my PS4

what do you guys think? also i still have my ps3
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:

i thought i made a good deal because I am going to wait for ps5 to hit costco like i did with my PS4

Early adopters get screwed most of the time....good for you for waiting.
That being said I think you will be waiting for a while if you are waiting for PS5 to hit Costco.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
999 wrote:

That being said I think you will be waiting for a while if you are waiting for PS5 to hit Costco.

It's going to be a while. If you can wait that long, is it that important to you? If it is that important, how much $$ did you save vs. not having a PS for several months?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
999 wrote:

It's going to be a while. If you can wait that long, is it that important to you? If it is that important, how much $$ did you save vs. not having a PS for several months?

i can wait... It will force me to hit the gym longer now than rushing home to play zombies
Macferson
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:13 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Ogrounder wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Smoothness101 wrote:

What other game of this kind could you recommend then if Destiny 2 is boring in your opinion? Have you ever played Apex Legends? Here I found an awesome way to improve your gaming experience in case you are an Apex Legends fan of course

Last edited by Macferson on Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Macferson wrote:
nickuku wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Ogrounder wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Smoothness101 wrote:

What other game of this kind could you recommend then if Destiny 2 is boring in your opinion? Have you ever played Apex Legends?

I'm not a big fan of fps games so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I couldn't really recommend any in the genre with confidence but friends I know love apex. They're different games though. Destiny is more of a fps with loot and apex plays more like an actual fps.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:

Was that a pro or standard Ps4? If it's the regular PS4 I think you did fantastic. I have a PS4 Pro that's been used for less than an hour. I bought it last Black Friday but I just prefer my PC so much more. Guess I'll toss it up on ebay/craigs.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:43 pm    Post subject:

999 wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
999 wrote:

i can wait... It will force me to hit the gym longer now than rushing home to play zombies

How are you going to the gym during a pandemic?

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:11 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
999 wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
999 wrote:

How are you going to the gym during a pandemic?

A couple gyms are open with strict occupancy rules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:12 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
999 wrote:

Was that a pro or standard Ps4? If it's the regular PS4 I think you did fantastic. I have a PS4 Pro that's been used for less than an hour. I bought it last Black Friday but I just prefer my PC so much more. Guess I'll toss it up on ebay/craigs.

PS4 standard. 500 model
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: