QFTOS -- #17 Edition: Celtics fans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:27 am    Post subject:

BUCK FOSTON
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:30 am    Post subject:

I love watching Celtics fans whine. Also love them try to think their titles compare to the Lakers titles. The Celtics have been largely irrelevant since the late 80s besides their flare up in 2008-2010. Since the Celtics won in 86 the Lakers have won 8 titles to their 1. In the 2000s alone the Lakers have won 6 to their 1. The Lakers have consistently been on top decade after decade, while outside of a tiny window in the 2000s the Celtics have been also rans since the 80s.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject:

This deserves a sticky.

And feel free to add some more from any and all bitter fan bases.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject:

Mods, please come with the can of Raid to get rid of this troll roach.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject:

queer4sfdubs wrote:
The Lakers are overrated and will never win a title again, Next season will be about the SF Dubs.

Good one!! I see you saved us the work of mining salty posts from a whiny GS thread by posting here directly. Thank you!

Although this intent of thread is to throw shade at the Celtics.

Still, it's the thought that counts.

Have a great day knowing the Lakers are champs!

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Some more:

Quote:
These last few days have been insufferable. I’ve had to avoid NBA media as much as possible. Man, is this hasn’t a kit a fire under Danny to make win now moves and stop standing pat and adding more project rookies then I dunno what will.

Quote:
I think the bigger issue for ratings is people don't want the Lakers to win and the reffing is sooooooooo bad. Like, reviews and terrible calls every second make the game unwatchable at times.

Quote:
I realized most of my posts today have been kind of negative. I think LeBron winning another title -- even more than the Lakers winning it -- is really pissing me off. Which kind of surprised me. At this point in my life sports rarely brings out my anger. There's just more important things to worry about.

Quote:
But I have to admit that I blame LeBron James for the current state of the league. The guy has manipulated his way to the city and players he's wanted in a way we've never seen before. He inspired other stars to start doing the same (KD --> GSW, AD --> LA, KD/KI to BKN, etc...) and, IMO, we're going to see more and more of this going forward. I mean even when LeBron retires, Klutch Sports will still be there, pulling this ****.

Quote:
FOH with that Lewoke ****.

I sports hate LeBron for being a thorn in the Celtics side for a decade and a half. I sports hate Rich Paul for blocking Ainge’s plan for AD.

But LeBron is a A+ human being and I’m not going stand for that ‘Lewoke’ BS. He has found opportunity after opportunity to give back to communities and is a role model in every sense of the word. The world would be a better place if more people were like him.

Celtics fans turning on each other:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Give me a break. The dude’s a giant phony.

So he hasn’t done a ton of good off the court? Or does it not count because he was helping underprivileged kids?

He’s a phony when it came to the social wokeness considering what’s going on in China. The guy’s full of it.

Social wokeness? You can just say what you really mean, it’s pretty clear.

Quote:
I just remembered how proud I was when Jaylen was a big part of saving the season. The Lakers and Clippers wanted to quit in the midst of the police shootings and Jaylen said "ok cool let's all leave the bubble and go protest." And then the guys who wanted to leave were like "Lol nah we just want to go home." And then that turned the tide and they voted to stay and play.

Now that the Lakers ended up winning..... BOOOOO JAYLEN!!!!

Haha.

Quote:
Quote:
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:
Look at it whichever way you want, but at least on the NBA official records, the Celtics and Lakers are balanced at 17-17 for world titles.

This is not excellent news. What do we do to combat this? Does ownership even care? Who wins the next one to put them over the top?

(I believe it's bogus to count the other championships as I've stated many times, but rules are rules)

I don’t care about this.

Since 1980, the Lakers have been a better franchise.

Let us get one more, this coming year. We are good enough.

Quote:
LA got a huge break with the bubble but we had the same chance and we pissed it away. Who knows if we beat Toronto if they had home court? Over maybe the Lakers Nuggets series is different.Regardless it still counts. I think it’s fair to say we aren’t ready to contend just yet. I think it’s also fair to say that Danny is going to have to pull a rabbit out of a hat to significantly improve this team. I just don’t see a lot of moves that will make a difference. The two things that piss me off the most are Danny’s draft picks last year ( and also in 2017 when outside of Jaylen he whiffed on multiple picks) and Brad Stevens not seizing the moment... again. Sure his bench stunk but the nba finals were within sight and he didn’t deliver. Smart shooting 22 times in game 6? What the hell is the coach doing there? Or watching the game slip away and not calling time out. I have serious doubts about Stevens’s ability to win the big game and also bout Danny’s drafting.

Quote:
I am not even counting those early celts titles but since like 1979 the lakers have destroyed us in titles and appearances. Since 2000 the heat have beaten us in titles. We are freaking tied with the cavs in titles. I am depressed.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:02 pm    Post subject:

greenish bruises purple and gold style, love it, more more more por vapor
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:57 pm    Post subject:

F- BOSTON!
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Kind of nice to see those Celtics fans calling out their fellow fans for stupidity.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject:

This thread just keeps on giving.

It’s decadent, like a third our fourth helping of a super rich dessert.

Keep me coming.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Since 1980

Lakers: 11 titles
Boston: 4 titles
Lebron: 4 Titles

Lmao, Boston. In 40 years, you've won as many titles as Lebron has in 8.
Shalashaska
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Absolute gold.

Let that BLING resonate Boston fans. Because next year, we will be going for BLING BLING.

We are back at the pinnacle - took forever to get here, but it is sweet and loving every second/minute/day of it.
Number 7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:29 am    Post subject:

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:07 am    Post subject:

From the site celticsstrong.com

These from their optimism thread:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote from: Evantime34 on February 27, 2020, 10:55:40 AM
Quote:
Quote from: LatterDayCelticsfan on February 27, 2020, 10:28:24 AM
That great refreshing feeling of 5 players that can go nuclear on any given night.

I also like the excitement of knowing Tatum is going to go nuclear every single night from here on out!

Tatum has been nuclear ever since he was selected to the all star game. It’s been awesome to watch.

Quote:
Hey folks,

I don't know where to put this message but I think the optimism thread is a good place. I want to apologize for my attitude for the past couple of days. What I said doesn't reflect how I truly feel, it's just that I was shocked at the effort the Celtics had played for the first two games. It was wrong and I should have calmed down before doing stupid hot takes that I don't even believe. I'm fine now and hoping that the Celtics will pull through.

Dare I find out what he said and did???

And a reply:

Quote:
TP for you.

You're like Hagrid now. Someone who said too much, but a genuine good guy.

Quote:
I can't help but think, reading all the doom and gloom around here, that a lot of people have lost sight of a simple truth in the NBA: you can do almost everything right, and still not win. You can make unbelievably smart personnel decisions and lose your best players.

The fact is, failure is a lot more common than success, at least as we measure it around here (i.e. rings).

The league is absolutely littered with examples:

The OKC/SEA teams that had Westbrook, Durant and Harden

The Indiana teams with George, West and others: 3 ECF trips in a row, but couldn't get over the top

Houston, which has been right there for several years but seems on the verge of imploding

The Clippers with their Lob City teams, who just couldn't stay healthy

Phoenix with the Nash/Nowitzki duo, who came so close all those times.

Heck, even the 76ers Process has more misses than hits (Fultz, Okafor, Noel, etc.)

The Blazers...the Jazz...the Kings...

I mean you can go on and on.

So, here we are. We had a great assemblage of assets and talent, and we all thought we were going to make a real run. We didn't, due to the type of bad luck with injuries, personalities and players leaving that hits every other franchise in the league.

So...what do you want to do? Call us a terribly-run franchise? Criticize the coach and/or GM? Become convinced that we will be terrible for the next decade?

Or do you want to be realistic, see these bad breaks as the kind of thing that happen to even the best-run franchises, and hope for good things going forward?

This was from 2019 but I think it still applies.

Quote:
The NBA is both a passion/pastime (love) and a business (war). The Celtics have been engaged in a sports war with the Los Angeles Lakers for longer than most have been alive, and guess what: The Lakers just won the 2019-2020 battle, putting them tied with us for 17 championships. While we have been rebuilding the good-old fashioned way, coming close but not close enough, LA clearly won with dirty pool, somehow engaging in shenanigans that forced a fed up AD to force a trade to LA. All is fair in love in war, so we need to respond in kind:

Jaylen Brown will never be the revenue-generating machine that is Giannis Antetokounmpo. He will never be a number one like Giannis. Even Tatum may never be a number one like Giannis, BUT Tatum is already a number two guy, a Pippen to a Jordan like Giannis. In addition, Giannis is fed up with not even making the NBA Finals. The writing on the wall is clear: There is nothing the Bucks can do to overcome the Lakers next year. But there is a way for Giannis to win the NBA Championship next year and win more championships for many years to come: Force his way onto the Celtics in a pairing with Tatum and the ultimate glue/number three guy, Smart. In 2020-2021, Giannis would even get two other all-stars in Hayward and Walker, as well as a coach who can help take him to his third straight MVP season, his best yet. Furthermore, a Giannis/Tatum combo will definitely attract ring-chasing vets to fill the bench, just like the LeBron/AD combo did in LA this year. Finally, the beautiful smiles and personalities of Giannis/Tatum winning championships over the next decade would make them both unstoppable marketing forces, generating more than enough revenue to offset impending tax bills. This is win-win-win for the Celtics and a bunch of L’s for everyone else. It’s how we remain on top as the winningest NBA franchise of all-time. We’ve won one championship in the last 30+ years. We need to change that and change it soon.

The bottom-line: The only way to get us back on top of the war against LA is to engage in the same tactic they used this time last year with AD. We need to somehow force the Bucks to deal Giannis to us in return for Brown, 4-6 first-round picks and Langford if necessary. This needs to be coupled instantly with a supermax contract for Giannis and a max contract extension for Tatum. We can win and we must win title 18 before the Lakers. There is no other way...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote from: GreenlyGreeny on Yesterday at 02:44:41 AM
Quote:
Quote from: tazzmaniac on Yesterday at 12:08:39 AM
Sorry to rain on your parade but I haven't seen anything about Giannis wanting out from the Bucks. Also the only team that can give Giannis the SuperMax is the Bucks and once they do Giannis can't be traded for a year.

Giannis wants to dethrone LeBron as the face of the NBA, just like LeBron did to Kobe back in the day. He cannot do it on the Bucks.

Can the Bucks not do the supermax and then trade him immediately? In any case, force the trade and get Giannis for the most we can offer $’s and years.

do you have a documented source for this? seems like pure speculation on your part to justify a bad trade idea.

Quote:
Lakers success is not sustainable. Lakers could fall short next year and expect Lebron to leave again.

I personally think our coaching staff needs an overhaul. Maybe not Brad but someone that can lit a fire on our guys.

Maybe it's just me but I get a "just happy to be here" vibe from Tatum. Media and sports outlet should rip this kid and serve as his motivation to light a fire under him.

Quote:
You say "we need to force the Bucks to trade Giannis" -- who's the "we" in this post?

Are you going to start a player agency that is de facto run by the most famous star in the game who is still playing at an MVP level? Is that guy going to sign with the Celtics and take over the day to day operations of the team? Is Giannis going to drop his current agent and sign with this new agency?

Get those things in place then maybe we can start the "Giannis to Boston" campaign.

Maybe we convince him that Boston is somehow like Greece? Marketing opportunities with Mark Wahlberg? He can do a really killer "Dunking for Dunkin" sponsorship / ad campaign?

Should the C's fire Brad?

Quote:
This thread may come back to bite me, but honestly, I have not witnessed a coach who seemed so overwhelmed by the moment vs the Heat. His coaching decisions in the 2nd half of this game 2 v the Heat was abysmal. Ok, Kanter had his sweet mini run in the first half. But the moment Bam starting going off, you don't keep him in the game. Where was Robert Williams? Grant was almost as bad. Bam destroyed us at the center position. The few minutes Rob played in game 1 vs Bam he actually held his own quite well. Brad is a stubborn arrogant coach. The media and most fans proclaim him as the young genius. Immune from basic criticism. Well the gloves have come off.

This team is so much more talented than the Heat even with Hayward sitting out. To be down 2-0 vs this team is a disgrace.

If we lose to the Heat, I really hope Danny reconsiders whether Brad is capable of getting this team any further than the ECF.

Okay, lay it on me. Tell me it's the players not the coach. Sure, they could have done better, especially taking care of the ball. But the primary reason we lost was because Brad did a poor job of match ups.

Quote:
I'm leaning towards yes along with trading Tatum.

Quote:
No but I am starting to feel like he lost this team.

Should the C's fire Ainge?

Quote:
2008 was over 12 years ago. 2010 was over 10 years ago. I say if we do not at least make an appearance in the NBA Finals in 2021, he has gotta go.

Possible replacements: Coach/GM Popovich or Coach/GM Tony Bennett.

Pop.

How did the HEAT handle the C's but not the L's?

Quote:
Heat against Lakers:

36.5% 3PT%, .534 eFG%, 11.0 turnovers

Heat against Celtics:

32.3% 3PT%, .526 eFG%, 11.0 turnovers

I don’t think it was the Lakers defense that was the difference maker. The Heat shot worse against us, and we forced an equal number of turnovers.

The Lakers are simply better than us on offense.

Quote:
1. Heat had injuries
2. Lakers have a defensive cheat code in playoff matchups called Anthony Davis
3. Lakers can play defence like it's the late 80s and early 90s without getting calls against them

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:40 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
I love watching Celtics fans whine. Also love them try to think their titles compare to the Lakers titles. The Celtics have been largely irrelevant since the late 80s besides their flare up in 2008-2010. Since the Celtics won in 86 the Lakers have won 8 titles to their 1. In the 2000s alone the Lakers have won 6 to their 1. The Lakers have consistently been on top decade after decade, while outside of a tiny window in the 2000s the Celtics have been also rans since the 80s.

Yes, the Lakers have been consistently relevant...

I am 57. The Lakers won their first title in LA in 1972 when I was 9. Since then they have won championships in my teens, my 20's, my 30's, my 40's and now in my 50's.
Talk about consistency!
WorthyNum1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: QFTOS -- #17 Edition: Celtics fans

J.C. Smith wrote:
Quote:
The lakers have won 3 championships since our last championship........damn.

Better than that over the past 24 years the lakers have won 8 championships to the Celtics 1.

The Celtics dry spell is 1 championship in 34 years (1987-2020, and counting).

It beats the Lakers' dry spell hands down, 1 title in 25 years (1955-79).
WorthyNum1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:16 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Thanks to all of you who put Celtic board quotes on this thread!

Lakers are the premier franchise now. Tied for trophies; no comparison for fan bases, nation-wide or worldwide, it's Lakers by a mile.

It's not just a tie.

In the Olympics medal count, if two countries tie in gold medals, they count the silver medals, then the bronze medals.

17 Gold 15 Silver vs 17 Gold 4 Silver

The Celtics lost in 4 Finals only because of their ineptitude in the Conference Finals.

Conference Finals records:

Lakers 32-9
Celtics 21-15
WorthyNum1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:20 am    Post subject: Re: QFTOS -- #17 Edition: Celtics fans

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Quote:
Lebron needs to retire. Or decline. Or be shot into Mars.

2012 - came back from being down 2-3 to beat Celtics in ECF
2012 - lured Ray Allen to Miami, essentially ending Big 3 era
2015 - swept an IT-led Celtics in round 1
2017 - beat an IT-less Celtics in the ECF, 4-1
2017 - injured Gordon Hayward 1st five minutes into his Celtics career
2018 - came back from being down 2-3 to beat Celtics in ECF
2018 - orchestrated Anthony Davis' trade demand to the Lakers
2020 - led Lakers to tie titles w/ Celtics

Or better yet, our franchise needs to nut up and MAKE HIM RETIRE WITH A FINALS LOSS.

One of the best things about Bron is his long history of being a nightmare for the hated Celtics. I absolutely love it.

LeBron is the rare Celtics killer, 5-2 in series vs the Celtics.

He lost the first two series against the Celtics (2008 and 2010), but then won 5 straight (2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2018).
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:16 am    Post subject:

This Celtic gets it
Quote:
FOH with that Lewoke ****.

I sports hate LeBron for being a thorn in the Celtics side for a decade and a half. I sports hate Rich Paul for blocking Ainge’s plan for AD.

But LeBron is a A+ human being and I’m not going stand for that ‘Lewoke’ BS. He has found opportunity after opportunity to give back to communities and is a role model in every sense of the word.

The world would be a better place if more people were like him.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: QFTOS -- #17 Edition: Celtics fans

J.C. Smith wrote:
Quote:
The Lakers have won 3 championships since our last championship........damn.

Better than that over the past 24 years the Lakers have won 8 championships to the Celtics 1.

Love both of these FACTS...!
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Hers's some fun facts about the Celtics salary issues and their ability to sign more talent:

1) Even though they were 24th highest in salaries this season, they are one of only 5 teams who have MORE money committed for next season than the just concluding one!

2) Hayward has a PLAYER option for next season for $34mil and now way is he gonna turn that down!

3) They will have $92 million committed to Hayward, Kimba and Jaylen Brown (ouch!).. And no one is gonna wanna trade for any of those guys unless some first round draft picks are attached...
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject:

I am walking away from this thread after reading it, feeling a special kind of satisfaction that soothes my soul.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I blame our team and the Clips for choking so hard.

Couldn't happen to two more deserving teams.

Quote:
So this is it huh. The closeout game and the Lakers winning banner 17 just like that.

Terrible

So sad for you. But the view is beautiful at the top with Little Larry in the proper place.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:22 pm    Post subject:

hig wrote:
trmiv wrote:

Yes, the Lakers have been consistently relevant...

I am 57. The Lakers won their first title in LA in 1972 when I was 9. Since then they have won championships in my teens, my 20's, my 30's, my 40's and now in my 50's.
Talk about consistency!

If you want to talk about consistency, the Lakers have at least reached the Finals in every decade:

40s: Their first championship in MPLS
50s: They add a few more titles
60s: A bunch of Finals appearances
70s: Their first championship since moving to L.A.
80s: Showtime
90s: A Finals appearance in '91
2000s: Kobe era
2010s: The last title of the Kobe era in 2010
2020s: We start the decade with a championship

Celtics didn't reach the Finals in the 40s, 90s or 2010s
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:41 am    Post subject:

yeah.. this is the cherry on top
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: