Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 333, 334, 335  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Dak's ankle is turned the wrong way. He's out for the year.

Compound fracture . . . horrible.

Ya so unfortunate, I hate this part of the NFL, I always hate watching any tackle really because of this potential.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:28 am    Post subject:

I was perplexed on why Minne decided to go for it on 4th and 1 at the Seattle 6 yard line with a 5 point lead following the 2 minute warning. Sure, if you get one yard the game ends, but that's a crazy risk with the Seattle defense packed that deep in the red zone. A FG was almost a 100% shot at that distance, that would have given Minne an 8 point lead with less than 2 minutes remaining. To win, Seattle would have to:

1. Score a TD with less than 2 minutes
2. Score on a 2 point conversion
3. Win in OT

The joint probability of all 3 events is pretty damn small, smaller than the expected success of gaining a yard in the red zone against a good (and packed) defense. By kicking the FG, Minne had 3 chances to stop Seattle. By blowing the 4th and 1, they gave themselves only 1 shot at stopping Seattle.

Last edited by angrypuppy on Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:35 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
That Andy Dalton signing looks like a genius backup plan in retrospect.

What if he makes the Cowboys better?

They brought in Andy because they didn't want to pay what Dak was asking for.....after the injury, they now have the upper hand in contract negotiations.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:03 am    Post subject:

Horrible accident. Brought Shaun Livingston to mind. I won't post the photo of Dak's injury. If you remember Shaun you have an idea.

Dak didn't have a long term contract, he was a franchise player. I thought he should have signed the five-year, $175 million contract Jerry Jones offered. I side with SAS who blames Dak's handlers. He thought they should have talked him into signing the deal, I agree.

Dak's lost all leverage, which now belongs to Jerry. I'm of a mind Jerry will offer Dak a 1 year $35 million dollar contract with caveats. How can Dak refuse?

I hope Dak's able to return to the game. Alex Smith had a terrible injury, one that almost caused the amputation of his leg. He returned yesterday.

I pray Dak has a similar and speedy recovery. Get well fast Dakota.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject:

Yesterday was a reminder of how perilous the earning power an NFL player has....with that injury, its hard to see the Cowboys or any team offering what was on the table this summer.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:19 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
I was perplexed on why Minne decided to go for it on 4th and 1 at the Seattle 6 yard line with . They had a 5 point lead after the 2 minute official timeout in the late fourth quarter. Sure, if you get one yard the game ends, but that's a crazy risk with the Seattle defense packed that deep in the red zone. A FG was almost a 100% shot at that distance, that would have given Minne an 8 point lead with less than 2 minutes remaining. To win, Seattle would have to:

3. Win in OT

The joint probability of all 3 events is pretty damn small, smaller than the expected success of gaining a yard in the red zone against a good (and packed) defense. By kicking the FG, Minne had 3 chances to stop Seattle. By blowing the 4th and 1, they gave themselves only 1 shot at stopping Seattle.

I went to the kitchen for something, forget what it was. I just knew Zimmer would go for the FG. He couldn't lose, he could only be tied and go to OT. When I came back and saw Wilson jumping up and down I was shocked.

Not as bad because of what was at stake but another Pete Carroll decision gone awry.

Willson completed 2 4th and long plays to win. The TD was on a 4th down with 15 seconds left. Mike will be the talk of the sports media this week.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
That Andy Dalton signing looks like a genius backup plan in retrospect.

What if he makes the Cowboys better?

he wont

Well we'll find out soon enough I'm sure many thought this of Nick Foles, Tom Brady etc.

No way, the problem with that team is the god awful defense. Dak was having a career year and playing completely out of his mind. Dalton has proven over and over again that he's an average NFL QB.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Ya so unfortunate, I hate this part of the NFL, I always hate watching any tackle really because of this potential.

As awful as the injury was, the much bigger problem long term is the brain damage that most NFL players will have. But we don't see that part on television as their brains get crushed on every damn play underneath those helmets.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:47 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
I was perplexed on why Minne decided to go for it on 4th and 1 at the Seattle 6 yard line with a 5 point lead following the 2 minute warning. Sure, if you get one yard the game ends, but that's a crazy risk with the Seattle defense packed that deep in the red zone. A FG was almost a 100% shot at that distance, that would have given Minne an 8 point lead with less than 2 minutes remaining. To win, Seattle would have to:

3. Win in OT

Totally agree. The fact that the FG puts them up 8 was the difference for me. If it only puts you up 7, I can see the logic of going for it. But if you're up 8, they essentially have to score twice, including the 2-point conversion.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:43 pm    Post subject:

BTW, I should never have doubted you ChickenStu. Time to owe up; I'm afraid Brees has a noodle arm. Maybe not as bad as Peyton Manning's final season, but who knows, in another half-dozen or so games it might be.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:00 pm    Post subject:

I think the Chargers have their next franchise QB.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:39 pm    Post subject:

I know Lynn is a wonderful coach, yadda yadda... but once he got a 10 point lead the offense just died. The Chargers played to not lose, which is an epic mistake considering their underdog status.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Chargers just continuing their tradition of losing games by razor thin margins...somethings gotta change.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:03 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
I think the Chargers have their next franchise QB.

That's what I came away with watching this game. He looks legit.

Also that the Chargers should be used to losing on Monday Night by now...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Chargers are just a cursed franchise. It's genuinely unreal. Whether it's injuries or just losing games they should win. I mean, the game went to OT and the kicker missed not only an early PAT, but the game-winning kick from 50, indoors, on turf. That's an 82% probability, as I was keeping track online (was watching the Dodger game at the time). Of course, I figured he wouldn't make it, and the doink feels so epically Charger-esque.

Chargers gonna Charger. But it does look like Herbert is a stud. I thought that was a risky pick with high bust potential, but it looks like Telesco got that absolutely right. Could allow him to keep his job, and perhaps to fire Lynn and bring in a new coach if he wants to. Or maybe ownership decides to can them both, who knows, assuming this season goes off the rails. There really is talent there to work with, but I seemingly say that every year. But if Herbert is a hit, they have a real opportunity to add even more talent around him over the next 3-4 years, as he's on his rookie deal.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:11 am    Post subject:

I kept flipping screens between the Dodgers, Chargers and a chemistry text (don't ask). I erred, the Chargers pissed away a 17 point lead, rather than a 10 point lead. While you could blame the loss on a couple of errant kicks, I think Lynn deserves most of the blame. Herbert and the Charger offense had New Orleans on the ropes, but Lynn decided to lean on the running game starting in the late first half and all without the services of Ekeler.

That's a tad early to kill the clock, coach.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:28 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
I kept flipping screens between the Dodgers, Chargers and a chemistry text (don't ask). I erred, the Chargers pissed away a 17 point lead, rather than a 10 point lead. While you could blame the loss on a couple of errant kicks, I think Lynn deserves most of the blame. Herbert and the Charger offense had New Orleans on the ropes, but Lynn decided to lean on the running game starting in the late first half and all without the services of Ekeler.

That's a tad early to kill the clock, coach.

Adderall and aspirin crushed together will prevent headaches. j/k

lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

As awful as the injury was, the much bigger problem long term is the brain damage that most NFL players will have. But we don't see that part on television as their brains get crushed on every damn play underneath those helmets.

Agreed. There is a fix for that too, but no one wants that answer - sensors & data tracking.

The entire league would just fold I imagine, or maybe I'm blowing it out of proportion and the data wouldn't be as bad as I think.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:19 am    Post subject:

I've been a Ryan Tannehill fan since his Dolphin inception. I thought he had what it took to be a good to great starter in the NFL. Thought he wasn't correctly used to suit his talent. Always thought he's is underrated. Even now, with the game he had last night TV Sports Talk Shows are downplaying his part in the dissecting of the undefeated Buffalo Bills. Gave credit to RB, WR, coaches, very little to Ryan. C'mon guys, show the man some respect, give him his props.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I've been a Ryan Tannehill fan since his Dolphin inception. I thought he had what it took to be a good to great starter in the NFL. Thought he wasn't correctly used to suit his talent. Always thought he's is underrated. Even now, with the game he had last night TV Sports Talk Shows are downplaying his part in the dissecting of the undefeated Buffalo Bills. Gave credit to RB, WR, coaches, very little to Ryan. C'mon guys, show the man some respect, give him his props.

He has accounted for 43 TD's in 17 starts (including playoffs) for the Titans, with only 7 INT's during that time. I'm not sure about fumbles lost but I don't think he has many of those. He's been brilliant.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:53 am    Post subject:

An NFL-only fan sib told me to check the Dak Prescott injury thinking I hadn't seen any worse than that and I texted her a clip of Jusuf Nurkic's break and said I could give two more links after that (Hayward and Paul George stanchion). Nurkic's was closer to Joe Theisman than Dak Prescott. Nurk's and Gordo's were audible snaps, sounding like Bo Jackson breaking a bat over his knee.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:16 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
An NFL-only fan sib told me to check the Dak Prescott injury thinking I hadn't seen any worse than that and I texted her a clip of Jusuf Nurkic's break and said I could give two more links after that (Hayward and Paul George stanchion). Nurkic's was closer to Joe Theisman than Dak Prescott. Nurk's and Gordo's were audible snaps, sounding like Bo Jackson breaking a bat over his knee.

I was watching the Giants vs Washington game when Theisman got his leg broken in a compound fracture. He was tackled by Lawrence Taylor and Harry Carson. It was gruesome. I don't think Lawrence Taylor ever really got over that.

Though nothing was broken the knee injury suffered by Shaun Livingston looked more brutal. His kneecap was on the side of his leg. He came back and had a good career. Maybe Dakota will be as fortunate.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Chiefs to sign Le'Veon Bell.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:06 pm    Post subject:

And the rich just got richer. That being said, Bell is someone who really needs a good offensive line. His patience and vision are outstanding, he waits for the running lanes to develop and capitalizes. The problem is that Bell's best numbers emanated from when Pittsburgh had one of the top offensive lines in the league. While KC has a much better OL than the Jets, he won't put up the same kind of numbers that he had a couple of years back.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject:

If the greedy owners want to salvage the season, they'll need to sequester the teams in one or more bubbles. James Ferentz of the Patriots just hit the Covid-19 list.

There might be an additional player awaiting a second, confirming positive test.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 10 of 335
Jump to: