Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:04 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Just watched first episode of Apple TV's Ted Lasso.
Sweet, funny and endearing show. Will probably binge it when given the time.

Gave it a shot last night. It is everything you say. It's one of those really "feel good" shows in a truly tangible way. I couldn't help but press "next episode" for 4 straight until I just had to go to sleep and forced myself to save some for later.

The show just keeps getting better as it shifts from the ridiculousness of it all to the humanity of it all. It's really well written and quite clever in it's humor. Can't wait to watch the season finale later.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:13 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
The South Park Pandemic special may be the greatest episode of all time. Highly recommended.

Awww man. I saw the commercial. Did it air already?

It aired on Wednesday. I watched on the Comedy Central app with my cable subscription.

Edit: it’s airing again tonight Friday at 10:30 pm.

Last edited by dont_be_a_wuss on Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Gave it a shot last night. It is everything you say. It's one of those really "feel good" shows in a truly tangible way. I couldn't help but press "next episode" for 4 straight until I just had to go to sleep and forced myself to save some for later.

The show just keeps getting better as it shifts from the ridiculousness of it all to the humanity of it all. It's really well written and quite clever in it's humor. Can't wait to watch the season finale later.

Jason Sudeikas is a really talented actor.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Korean series kingdom on Netflix is really good, it’s zombie but more about power struggles between clans
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I don't think the show would work without that fact.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject:

The Boys S2 has been very good especially considering how a lot of the political stuff is mirroring the real world.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Yeah it’s really good. I’ll miss it.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Just watched the first 3 episodes of HBOMax's The Third Day. I've always been a fan of Jude Law. That's probably why I committed the 3 hours to it.

It's the most disorienting thing I've seen on TV since Twin Peaks. It's well made, but not worth watching.

It's auteur cinema on TV. But the strange confusing ride isn't worth the eventual "payoff".

Heck, I like lore. Things that have a created or little know ethos. That's why I LOVE HBOMax's Raised by Wolves. Heck I like TV that takes alot of chances. That tries to be art you've never seen before.
But this show wasn't for me. And I'd be shocked beyond belief if it is gains a large following. Even years from now.

Feels like one of those classic cases where a showrunner made a show for themselves. Even though they knew it was likely the audience wouldn't feel it was worthwhile.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Cinemax's Warrior is back for season 2! Nice. Need something to scratch my action/fighting itch. If you any of you haven't seen it before. Season 1 was good. It's worth checking out. Completely different story from Banshee. But the level of action and acting is pretty comparable.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone else catch themselves watching a show/movie and seeing people shaking hands, be in crowds, etc. and catch yourself remembering that that used to be normal? The social distancing world is so “normal” now that when I see it not being practiced on shows it distracts me for a second lol
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject:

I'm into Power Book II: Ghost. A spin off from Power. Mary J Blige is a better actress than I gave her credit for being. Any who watched Power may have not liked Tariq. He's the lead character in the series. I didn't like him in Power, I do in this series. From what I've read Fiddy Cents and Omari Hardwick will do spot appearances. I'm on E5 of E11 series.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:25 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm into Power Book II: Ghost. A spin off from Power. Mary J Blige is a better actress than I gave her credit for being. Any who watched Power may have not liked Tariq. He's the lead character in the series. I didn't like him in Power, I do in this series. From what I've read Fiddy Cents and Omari Hardwick will do spot appearances. I'm on E5 of E11 series.

Jo. You excited for our show tonight? Last week was a fun ride, right?!
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject:

Recently finished Jack Ryan. It's good. Better than most TV out there. But I do find it funny. He starts off as a desk nerd solving problems with his excellent paperwork skills. Then he turns into Jason Bourne-esqe field agent for most of the 2 seasons. Then the final 5 minutes he solved something with his roots ... desk work.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Cinemax's Warrior is back for season 2! Nice. Need something to scratch my action/fighting itch. If you any of you haven't seen it before. Season 1 was good. It's worth checking out. Completely different story from Banshee. But the level of action and acting is pretty comparable.

so good, dude look skinnier or something season 2 ep 1, ah sahm need to muscle up
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:42 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Tariq and Monet are headed for a collision. I'm waiting for Tariq to turn straight gangsta. Method Man playing a lawyer! That's a twist. Yeah, I'm liking the show. It has some talented writers and a great casting crew.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Tariq and Monet are headed for a collision. I'm waiting for Tariq to turn straight gangsta. Method Man playing a lawyer! That's a twist. Yeah, I'm liking the show. It has some talented writers and a great casting crew.

I was talking about Lovecraft Country!

Nope, I'm not getting sucked into Power Book. I hated Tariq the final 2 seasons of Power and I refuse to support his show.

(Alright maybe once the season is over I'll give the pilot a try)
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:41 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I was talking about Lovecraft Country!

Nope, I'm not getting sucked into Power Book. I hated Tariq the final 2 seasons of Power and I refuse to support his show.

(Alright maybe once the season is over I'll give the pilot a try)

Oh, OK. That show is off the chain. It's Marmaduke magic. I'm still watching, I don't know why. Black women turning White with a potion. A Asian springing 8 tails when he sex partner climaxes. A Black women going back to ancient Greece to become a Amazon warrior. Talking about way out, that term nowhere describes how far out the show is.

You're missing some great acting and plots in Power Book. Great cast and writing.

Again, I don't like you no mo for sucking me into Lovecraft Country🤬.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject:

House of Cards - Finished the first 5 seasons, and am now on to season 6, which most people told me not to watch, because it sucks.

Regardless, I'm invested in this show, and will see it through to the end.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:34 am    Post subject:

Just wanted to thank the guys that recommended Zero ZeroZero and Gangs of London. Both were incredible
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:16 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Just finished it last night. It's a shame there aren't more episodes.
I bet if this show was on 00s network TV the quality wouldn't be as good. But we'd get closer to 20 episode seasons.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:07 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
The Boys S2 has been very good especially considering how a lot of the political stuff is mirroring the real world.

The season finale was great.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:51 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

The season finale was great.

I was worried they wouldn’t be able to wrap everything up in the finale since so much was happening this season but they did an incredible job. Can’t wait for S3.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Ted Lasso has been an incredible watch...thanks again guys.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Trying to get into The Boys because I read the comics years back and people are raving about the show, and why does every script these days have characters answer questions with long personal anecdotes? It's really hacky.

This show is fine.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:06 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I don't think the show would work without that fact.

I absolutely loved it.....the best 30 minute comedy I have seen in a long time. Sudeikas is great....but the entire thing is cast near perfection.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 44 of 110
Jump to: