What are your most Controversial opinions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject:

We should've rebuilt the twin towers.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject:

The Bionic Man was not as strong as The Sasquatch.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:37 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Big, fancy words are good and people should use them whenever they feel like. It's also good and fun to look up unfamiliar words.

So, you accede to verbosity?!

Indubitably, and he’s not pusillanimous about it.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
Big, fancy words are good and people should use them whenever they feel like. It's also good and fun to look up unfamiliar words.

So, you accede to verbosity?!

Indubitably, and he’s not pusillanimous about it.

I am the very delineation of equanimity.
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:38 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

I ain't rebuilding no twin towers, I'm afraid of heights!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Pareidolia! Not controversial. Just a fun word.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Hmm... lemme try to stoke up some controversy. It's kinda tough to stoke up non-basketball related controversy on LG. Um... people should be able to marry their cousins if they want to. Heck people should be able to marry their siblings if they want to.
I genuinely don't care. Doesn't affect me. I made the same argument most of my life for LGBTQ rights. Let people love who they wanna love. No skin off my back.

Last edited by kikanga on Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Hmm... lemme try to stoke up some controversy. It's kinda tough to stoke up non-basketball related controversy on LG. Um... people should be able to marry their cousins if they want to. Heck people should be able to marry their siblings if they want to.
I genuinely don't care. Doesn't affect me. I made the same argument most of my life for LGBTQ rights. Let people love who they wanna love. No skin off my back.

No, not yours, but the deformed child they produce? yes.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Okay, but based on that logic. Couldn't you say people with hereditary diseases shouldn't reproduce either?

Is there a % likelihood cutoff for producing a disabled child across the board? And if so, is it 25%, 50%, 75%? Where's the line?

Last edited by kikanga on Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:15 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

I agree, it would have been defiant. Though the memorial is nice, it feels like acquiescence to defeat.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:18 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Okay, but based on that logic. Couldn't you say people with hereditary diseases shouldn't reproduce either?

Is there a % likelihood cutoff for producing a disabled child across the board? And if so, is it 25%, 50%, 75%? Where's the line?

I'm just here for the jokes, not a serious discussion of Alabaman mating rituals.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
C M B wrote:

I agree, it would have been defiant. Though the memorial is nice, it feels like acquiescence to defeat.

That site is now a American's greatest symbol of commerce and unfettered capitalism run amok: a mall. Basically nothing more American, imo.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I'm just here for the jokes, not a serious discussion of Alabaman mating rituals.

I feel ya. I'm not passionate about it either.
Just trying to think of something controversial.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:20 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I feel ya. I'm not passionate about it either.
Just trying to think of something controversial.

It was good, I hope someone takes up the mantle and continues, the thread needed it.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
C M B wrote:

That site is now a American's greatest symbol of commerce and unfettered capitalism run amok: a mall. Basically nothing more American, imo.

Malls are also an integral part of Californian teen mating rituals.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Vinyl is better than CD, MP3, streaming, and FLAC.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:54 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
Vinyl is better than CD, MP3, streaming, and FLAC.

I'm skeptical of your controversial stance.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
C M B wrote:

Honestly, Cut, I don't know if you've been there or not, but it's a gorgeous memorial and I cried when I visited.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
C M B wrote:

Honestly, Cut, I don't know if you've been there or not, but it's a gorgeous memorial and I cried when I visited.

I went to the area but honestly I'm embarrassed to say I didn't to the actual memorial part. I've only been to NYC for work and never quite had the time. I'm sure you're right. I couldn't help but notice the mall in the area though.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:02 pm    Post subject:

The boosted unemployment insurance during the pandemic has been one of the greatest policy measures enacted in modern American history. The United States does not have to suffer a recession again if boosted UI becomes commonplace policy. And no, there has been no moral hazard.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
C M B wrote:

I went to the area but honestly I'm embarrassed to say I didn't to the actual memorial part. I've only been to NYC for work and never quite had the time. I'm sure you're right. I couldn't help but notice the mall in the area though.

As a former finance bro, I can attest that most of the Financial District absolutely sucks outside of Delmonico's. But the memorial is worth visiting next time work takes you to the Big Apple.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:22 pm    Post subject:

As a former finance bro, I can attest that most of the Financial District absolutely sucks outside of Delmonico's. But the memorial is worth visiting next time work takes you to the Big Apple.

As a former finance bro, do you think there is any merit behind the reasoning of some Middle Easterners hating US capitalism. I'm not informed enough to have an opinion either way. And IN NO CIRCUMSTANCE would I excuse the actions on 9/11. Murder is never the answer.

But has US capitalism specifically hurt and killed Middle Easterners in a tangible way where someone living in that area of the globe would think it was justified in an eye for an eye way? I'm focusing on US capitalism, not US foreign policy. I'm familiar with that.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
C M B wrote:

You have been demystified.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:10 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

As a former finance bro, do you think there is any merit behind the reasoning of some Middle Easterners hating US capitalism. I'm not informed enough to have an opinion either way. And IN NO CIRCUMSTANCE would I excuse the actions on 9/11. Murder is never the answer.

But has US capitalism specifically hurt and killed Middle Easterners in a tangible way where someone living in that area of the globe would think it was justified in an eye for an eye way? I'm focusing on US capitalism, not US foreign policy. I'm familiar with that.

I mean, Osama was the scion of a billionaire.

It was a theocratic/geostrategic conflict between elites, not some subaltern proletariat overthrow of capitalism.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
C M B wrote:

You have been demystified.

Not true, because I was never a finance bro. But Delmonico's is great.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 17 of 80
Jump to: