+++ Los Angeles Lakers vs Miami Heat (10/06/20) NBA Finals, Gm 4 / Gm#90 +++
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 69, 70, 71  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Man if the Heat had Goran Dragić this would most likely be 2-2 right now.

and if we had Avery Bradley it would be 4-0.

No excuses.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:18 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:

And I'm 100% ok with the NBA banning zone defense again.

Same here.
alohalakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:40 pm    Post subject:

818fan wrote:
These mother (bleep) are fighting way harder than I imagined they would. This reminds me of the Denver series, where even through we're leading, the wins don't come easy

Denver was deeper and had more talent. It's just that the Heat don't really have any pressure - they're expected to lose, so they play really loose. Lakers, on the other hand, especially Lebron, are playing with the weight of the world on their shoulders. Lots of pressure not to blow this.
Wolfer9
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:13 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
32 wrote:
If the officiating is fair in the second half we should win this game.

By 15+

Don't expect that to happen though.

3 free throws in a half in a Finals Game where we are attacking on most possessions?

Make your own conclusions.

The agenda has been clear since game 2....

No joke !
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

No excuses.

I don't even agree with that at all. With Dragic healthy you don't see Butler go off like he has nearly as much either. You can play "the what if" game to help benefit both sides but at the end of the day we're 3-1.

Kind of like how the Nuggets fans still do the "what if" on the AD three which he has knocked down consistently all Playoffs and ignore that miracle finger tip in by Jokic right before.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Missed the game - intentionally, so as not to jinx them. Who was tonight's MVP?

Honestly?

KCP/LBJ/AD tie

If I HAD to pick I'd go with AD as his defensive presence and dominance at times not only cooled off Butler but set the tone for the Lakers on that end.

And while not as aggressive on offense, he hit some clutch shots, including a huge Dagger 3 to clinch the win (after blocking JB).

Seriously. I'm like Jerry West, now, too. Blood pressure goes up during big games, I get cranky and antsy, kick the fish, etc. During the games I screw around on the internet and check ESPN every 10 minutes. If they're up big in the 4th, I'll go ahead and watch the last few minutes.

Same. I can watch for the most part but I won't lie for a lot of today I was just checking into the game thread, hoping to see a page full of excited Laker fans.

I'm not there yet but completely understand. Lakers are really the only team that get me really into it, good, bad, ugly, acting as if I'm their coach or otherwise feeling the emotion of the up and down. My wife cant stand it as she has never seen this from me at all, because - well, my love for the Lakers has gone back, what, over 35+ years? I met her after the Lakers last championship run and before this, so as far she's concerned, she's just seen me grouse about a "promising young team", watching Summer League, discussing the promise of tommorrow...but she's never seen me in "we gotta win this NOW" mode. I may as well be a Philadelphia Eagle fan with how I go up and down
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:47 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Refs need to calm down and call an honest Game 5.

Miami has been in the Bonus 16 out of 16 Quarters in the Finals.

A 3 pt shooting team has been in the bonus 16 STRAIGHT QUARTERS.

Just 1 Honest Game would be dope.

i second that, especially tonight when they showed lakers with a foul to give in the last 40 seconds of the game
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:51 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Honestly?

KCP/LBJ/AD tie

If I HAD to pick I'd go with AD as his defensive presence and dominance at times not only cooled off Butler but set the tone for the Lakers on that end.

And while not as aggressive on offense, he hit some clutch shots, including a huge Dagger 3 to clinch the win (after blocking JB).

Seriously. I'm like Jerry West, now, too. Blood pressure goes up during big games, I get cranky and antsy, kick the fish, etc. During the games I screw around on the internet and check ESPN every 10 minutes. If they're up big in the 4th, I'll go ahead and watch the last few minutes.

Same. I can watch for the most part but I won't lie for a lot of today I was just checking into the game thread, hoping to see a page full of excited Laker fans.

nothing is more stressful than a close basketball game, no matter what....I think the Lakers for the whole season probably cost me 5 years of my life
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:17 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Honestly?

KCP/LBJ/AD tie

nothing is more stressful than a close basketball game, no matter what....I think the Lakers for the whole season probably cost me 5 years of my life
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:30 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

Same here.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:35 am    Post subject:

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope steps up to support Lakers' superstars in Game 4
Role player's late shots supplement massive games from LeBron James, Anthony Davis

https://www.nba.com/article/2020/10/06/lakers-heat-game-4-analysis
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:47 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

No excuses.

I don't even agree with that at all. With Dragic healthy you don't see Butler go off like he has nearly as much either. You can play "the what if" game to help benefit both sides but at the end of the day we're 3-1.

Kind of like how the Nuggets fans still do the "what if" on the AD three which he has knocked down consistently all Playoffs and ignore that miracle finger tip in by Jokic right before.

Yeah, he’d still be hunted down on defensive switch by LeBron and AD, same way as with Herro (who filled dragic role quite ok for a rookie so far), we’re still better than a full strength heat
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:54 am    Post subject:

This game reminded me a lot of game 4 Lakers/Magic, especially early when the Lakers couldn't get to the FT line. That game was the one that the Lakers didn't shoot a FT the entire 4th and OT until the very end when the Magic fouled intentionally. Seemed like the refs wanted the Magic to win. This game until LBJ started going to the line it was that way as well. At one point I think it was like 15FT to the Lakers 4.

These games are so tedious to watch they can go either way. Glad they pulled out the W and KCP gets the gold star.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:18 am    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:
This game reminded me a lot of game 4 Lakers/Magic, especially early when the Lakers couldn't get to the FT line. That game was the one that the Lakers didn't shoot a FT the entire 4th and OT until the very end when the Magic fouled intentionally. Seemed like the refs wanted the Magic to win. This game until LBJ started going to the line it was that way as well. At one point I think it was like 15FT to the Lakers 4.

These games are so tedious to watch they can go either way. Glad they pulled out the W and KCP gets the gold star.

I don’t look at the number of fouls called each way. I look at the calls or non calls themselves. To my Laker biased perspective it takes a whole lot more contact for a Laker to get a call.

Not just at the rim or on a drive either. In those instances it certainly looks like driving Heat players get whistles for bumps while Lakers are not. But it is also away from the basket that seems inconsistent.

Laker players get repeated calls for fighting through screens or restricting motion that accumulate into the bonus while Heat players are playing physical without the same calls. Really watch some of the ball denial defense getting played in the post. No wonder those entry passes are tough to complete.

One non call that jumped out was when Caruso was hip checked by Butler in the 2nd Q. Clearly turned his body on the handoff. That call has been made all season long. Yet not in the Finals?

As a fan, I just want to see it called equally on both ends.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:59 am    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:

Good Comp.

At one point it was 24 to 5 the FT disparity.

Refs have been giving them touch shooting fouls before the bonus and putting the Hest in the Bonus EVERY quarter for 16 quarters...and typically with 5 minutes or so remaining in the Q.

We get out on a minute run...FOUL.

To end the 3rd Q last night they shot 6 or 8 FTs to keep it close.

That 4th Q was the first time since game 1 that we got to the bonus first in my recollection.

Can't tell me the refs haven't influenced this series...

Even then Miami has trailed virtually from start to finish in 3 of 4...and Dragic is supposed to change that because he's A) Better than Dame, Harden, or Murray, or B) plays better Defense?

Come on...if we dont turn the ball over in game 3 this is a sweep.

#BannersOverBillboards
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:03 am    Post subject:

One ☝️ Game at a Time!

FINISH THEM LAKERS!!
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:17 am    Post subject:

Sago wrote:
Not looking good. A team with more heart vs a team that thinks turning on the switch works everytime.

2004 all over again

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:55 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
One ☝️ Game at a Time!

FINISH THEM LAKERS!!

This one is going to be the toughest one yet.

But LBJ has an extra day, so that should help.

Respect to the Heat. Really tough team and their mental toughness is right up there with the Lakers.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
pio2u wrote:
One ☝️ Game at a Time!

FINISH THEM LAKERS!!

This one is going to be the toughest one yet.

But LBJ has an extra day, so that should help.

Respect to the Heat. Really tough team and their mental toughness is right up there with the Lakers.
Mos def!
It's going to be war, but I feel that in the end the Lakers will pull it out for #17.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:19 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

Honestly?

KCP/LBJ/AD tie

I'm not there yet but completely understand. Lakers are really the only team that get me really into it, good, bad, ugly, acting as if I'm their coach or otherwise feeling the emotion of the up and down. My wife cant stand it as she has never seen this from me at all, because - well, my love for the Lakers has gone back, what, over 35+ years? I met her after the Lakers last championship run and before this, so as far she's concerned, she's just seen me grouse about a "promising young team", watching Summer League, discussing the promise of tommorrow...but she's never seen me in "we gotta win this NOW" mode. I may as well be a Philadelphia Eagle fan with how I go up and down

So happy there are others! My 12 year old son told me the score this morning. He had to stay disciplined all night and even warned me not to come into his room or near his phone as he and his friends were chatting about the game.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

No excuses.

It can't be concluded the Heat would have had better outcomes against the Lakers with Dragic playing. For example the Heat haven't won any game against the Lakers all season where Bam has played, and they won when he didn't play.

Player durability is an element of the game just like anything else. The Lakers got affected because of bad luck, losing Avery because of fluke pandemic that comes around every 100 years. The Heat got affected because their players bodies couldn't hold up, which is on them.

Speaking of durability, Crowder has tried to injure LeBron at least twice that I've seen and LeBron keeps bouncing back up.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:18 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
hype wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

No excuses.

It can't be concluded the Heat would have had better outcomes against the Lakers with Dragic playing. For example the Heat haven't won any game against the Lakers all season where Bam has played, and they won when he didn't play.

Player durability is an element of the game just like anything else. The Lakers got affected because of bad luck, losing Avery because of fluke pandemic that comes around every 100 years. The Heat got affected because their players bodies couldn't hold up, which is on them.

Speaking of durability, Crowder has tried to injure LeBron at least twice that I've seen and LeBron keeps bouncing back up.

JB took out Caruso twice last game on questionable plays.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:00 pm    Post subject:

48 minutes away from banner #17. If the entire team is as locked in as LBJ defending Butler is, this is just the beginning of a celebration. However, things can change rather quickly. Please don't put off and wait, play lackluster or cause self-inflicted wounds (turnovers).
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:07 am    Post subject:

Al13 wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Refs need to calm down and call an honest Game 5.

Miami has been in the Bonus 16 out of 16 Quarters in the Finals.

A 3 pt shooting team has been in the bonus 16 STRAIGHT QUARTERS.

Just 1 Honest Game would be dope.

i second that, especially tonight when they showed lakers with a foul to give in the last 40 seconds of the game

Yep...My fault it was 15 out of 16 quarters. Miami didn't get the Bonus in Q4 of Game 4...that was the 1st time this series they weren't in the Bonus and I think the 1st time we shot more FTs than them in a Q.

#BannersOverBillboards
KobeGOATMambaRIP
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

No excuses.

I'm no homer fan but I don't get why the main stream narrative isn't this plus Lakers losing HCA. You would think losing your best perimeter defender and home court advantage is just too much to overcome. Clippers and Bucks couldn't even recover from losing HCA alone.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 70 of 71
Jump to: