Good grief olynyk 24 points 9 boards 9-16 shooting
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:48 pm    Post subject:

indyrckstar wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
indyrckstar wrote:
we shot so poorly from outside by role players and still won by 10.

just need role players to shoot better and this will be a sweep.

We shot our season average.

The defense in the fourth is the difference and AD shooting like Walton in college.

1-8 by DG and 2-11 by KCP is unacceptable. Regardless if it's regular or post season.

It was a really smart strategy.

They knew without Bam that they'd get all the offensive rebounds so it didn't matter if they shot a high percentage.

If we didn't get the rebounds then it would have been a disaster but they knew they would.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:50 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
So, is there still going to be a parade?

Unfortunately, this team will probably be recognized virtually.
Can't see the city allowing gatherings even outdoors.
LAPD is probably relieved there won't be the types of celebrations every time the Lakers win a chip.

Last edited by lakersken80 on Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject:

I can't believe, we're gonna get a championship before the Clips, Celtics, and Spurs, for that matter. After all these years, all that craziness with Magic, all the horror with losing Kobe. It's finally gonna happen.

Life is good.
Lebrondagoat
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
Man, I'm still blown away with Rondo's play ...... this is absolutely nuts. Where is all this coming from? It's not just his stats:

16 points
4 rebounds
10 assists
5/9 FG shooting

it's all the little things he does. I feel so much better when he is handling the ball vs. anyone else on our team.

I know you’ve seen a healthy Rondo play before ... except with now a jumper
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

Even though the lead shrunk to 9 or 10, that was the most comfortable lead I have ever witnessed. It felt like we could have choked them out whenever we decided to, but just chose not to. Lead seriously never felt in danger of being lost.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DrDent wrote:
Good grief olynyk 24 points 9 boards 9-16 shooting

Smh
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
I can't believe, we're gonna get a championship before the Clips, Celtics, and Spurs, for that matter. After all these years, all that craziness with Magic, all the horror with losing Kobe. It's finally gonna happen.

Life is good.

All those years in the lottery, and we still are about to win a ring again before the Clippers and Celtics.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
Even though the lead shrunk to 9 or 10, that was the most comfortable lead I have ever witnessed. It felt like we could have choked them out whenever we decided to, but just chose not to. Lead seriously never felt in danger of being lost.

we were toying with them a little bit and the Heat couldn’t take advantage.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject:

They shooting tons of FT and hot from 3s, don’t think it mattered if Bam and Dragic played, we were picking their zones apart, they got tons of calls and we were pretty much leading double digits the whole way... 2 more wins
indyrckstar
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
indyrckstar wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
indyrckstar wrote:
we shot so poorly from outside by role players and still won by 10.

just need role players to shoot better and this will be a sweep.

We shot our season average.

The defense in the fourth is the difference and AD shooting like Walton in college.

1-8 by DG and 2-11 by KCP is unacceptable. Regardless if it's regular or post season.

It was a really smart strategy.

They knew without Bam that they'd get all the offensive rebounds so it didn't matter if they shot a high percentage.

If we didn't get the rebounds then it would have been a disaster but they knew they would.

Definitely did well on the offensive rebounds.

KCP surprised me though as has played well in the bubble. I expect him to be better next game.

At the end of games, I like a combination of Bron, AD, Morris, Rondo and KCP. 6th option that could easily be in the mix is Caruso.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Lebron 33,9,9

AD 35 and 15

Zone busters! 💪🏀💪🏀💪🏀

2 more wins to go!!!! 🙏🏀🙏🏀🙏🏀
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:02 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Toyed with them this entire game. They aren’t on the same level even with Adebayo and Dragic. Without them, they’re a second round exit team.

The last two games we were playing against the clock not the opponent in the 4th

Last edited by JerryWest_44 on Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:03 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/thehoopcentral/status/1312240894150471681?s=21
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:04 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
They shooting tons of FT and hot from 3s, don’t think it mattered if Bam and Dragic played, we were picking their zones apart, they got tons of calls and we were pretty much leading double digits the whole way... 2 more wins

I didn't watch - didn't want to jinx them - but kept checking my phone. How in the Wide, Wide World of Sports did they shoot twice as many FT as we did?
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Something definitely happened to DG in the game and it lingered. As soon as it looked like he got hurt, he definitely never recovered from it. Maybe that's why his shooting was off, but all of that said, we have to try to move on from him.

He's a great guy to have in the locker room, but nights like tonight are when his seeming dive off the cliff would hurt us against true top competition.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Just looked at the box score...

Heat shot 51% fg and 41% from 3... Doubled our FT’s at 94%... Low turnovers and only got our rebounded by 7... That’s with Olynyk scoring 24pts in very good shooting.

Geez not sure how much difference Bam and Dragic would have made. Cause Olynyk and Nunn would have never played if they were healthy.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
governator wrote:

I didn't watch - didn't want to jinx them - but kept checking my phone. How in the Wide, Wide World of Sports did they shoot twice as many FT as we did?

2 major reasons:

1. As another poster here said, we shot a ton of 3's...I think over half the Lakers' shots were 3s. Less chance you go to the FT line [unless you are Houston / Harden].
2. Refs were calling more ticky tack on the Lakers and not blowing whistles as much on LBJ or AD attacks at the rim...Butler was getting much, much more with calls.

Miami actually shot a better 3 % as well...I believe it was 40%.

Lakers still won though.

This game honestly reminded of the series vs the Nets back in the Kobe-Shaq days where some of those games were not blowouts, or "super close"...they were kind of in distance of making it a game, but never really made things super interesting as the game went along.
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:34 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

Heat shot 51% fg and 41% from 3... Doubled our FT’s at 94%... Low turnovers and only got our rebounded by 7... That’s with Olynyk scoring 24pts in very good shooting.

Geez not sure how much difference Bam and Dragic would have made. Cause Olynyk and Nunn would have never played if they were healthy.

The game itself was barely ever close. I think the Heat got it down to 4 in the 3rd but then the Lakers retaliated immediately.

Spo sped the pace up which let Miami score more, but that's playing right into the Lakers hands.

It was basically a wire to wire win. Just like the last game. AD is a man child out there doing whatever he wants to whoever he wants to do it to.

Refs felt sorry for the Heat. It was ugly...
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:34 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
troy wrote:

Life is good.

All those years in the lottery, and we still are about to win a ring again before the Clippers and Celtics.

And the clippers may soon be a lottery team without any of their picks
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:08 pm    Post subject:

It was the most boring/anti-climax playoff game I’ve ever watched. I do noticed the announcers tried their best to talk up true Heat during this loss. When a bad Laker team in the past lost to some superior teams in the playoffs while keeping the score close, it was Spurs were just toying with the Lakers, the final score didn’t reflect the real game blah blah blah. Well when it’s our turn the narrative turned 180 degree.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:28 pm    Post subject:

This game was harder to get drunk during than the previous series', but I managed to find a way
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:29 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

Bam will make it easier for the Lakers to defend as Bam is a poor jumpshooter. Lakers having hard time defending because Olynyk is having a good shooting night to the point that Vogel cant insert Dwight anymore.

Olynyk and Leonard scored a total of 31 pts and had 9 rebs. I dont think Bam will score that big. And those 2 will not be used if Bam is playing. So they not necessarily missed bam in this game. As for Dragic, Butler has 12 assists while Nunn/Herro has 30 pts.

I dont think those two will make any difference in this game.
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Let's face it. It's hopeless for the Heat. The only question should be how does this 2020 team match up against the 2001 Lakers?

It's a shame that fans in LA, Portland, Houston, and Miami didn't get to seem them play in person. They are very impressive.
BruceLee-Bron23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:16 pm    Post subject:

It aint over till its over....Don’t count your chickens before they hatch...I’m not jinxing anything by saying we’ll easily win the title.

Don’t anger the basketball Gods....Lets expect some hard fough games coming up. If it turns out we destroy them...Good.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 47 of 48
Jump to: