Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Omar, which of the options in this list so you prefer to In ‘N Out? Carl’s Jr.?

Carl’s Jr. or BK. haven’t eaten at a Wendy’s in forever so no idea how they are now.

Wait, seriously-- you think BURGER KING is better than In 'N Out? Why?!

What about McDonalds, Five Guys, and Shake Shack?...

You said prefer. I prefer flame broiled to griddled so I’d eat there first, and I prefer the fries (though neither are my favorite). Hate McDonald’s (but their fries are good), never been to the other two. Habit is really good though.

Don’t understand why people love Habit so much and even compare it to In ‘N Out. Clearly a tier below.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
ocho wrote:
Wilt wrote:
It'd be nice if Biden's national lead would go up to around 9.5 points, which where it was in mid to late August. State numbers would also follow. Can't wait to see some high quality polls.

Trump's numbers won't completely implode as the base is still the base.

We know Trump loves McDonalds but even he knows In-N-Out is better than freaking Burger King

I kind of want to try eating two big Macs + two Filets O'Fish + a chocolate shake just to see if I could do it.

I wonder why he doesn't get fries with it, though, when that's the best thing at McDonalds other than apple pie and the chicken nuggets.

Please don't . . . if you aren't going to film it. Bonus points if you get a large shake and fries and eat all of it under 10 minutes.

I'm ashamed to admit that sometimes when I leave my restaurant, I pull up to a Mickey D's and order a 6 piece chicken Mcnuggets and 2 double cheeseburgers. If I'm feeling frisky, I'll order some fries with that. I end up hating myself afterwards but that 4 year old's palette in me needs to be scratched every so often.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
ocho wrote:
Wilt wrote:
It'd be nice if Biden's national lead would go up to around 9.5 points, which where it was in mid to late August. State numbers would also follow. Can't wait to see some high quality polls.

We know Trump loves McDonalds but even he knows In-N-Out is better than freaking Burger King

I kind of want to try eating two big Macs + two Filets O'Fish + a chocolate shake just to see if I could do it.

I wonder why he doesn't get fries with it, though, when that's the best thing at McDonalds other than apple pie and the chicken nuggets.

Please don't . . . if you aren't going to film it. Bonus points if you get a large shake and fries and eat all of it under 10 minutes.

I'm ashamed to admit that sometimes when I leave my restaurant, I pull up to a Mickey D's and order a 6 piece chicken Mcnuggets and 2 double cheeseburgers. If I'm feeling frisky, I'll order some fries with that. I end up hating myself afterwards but that 4 year old's palette in me needs to be scratched every so often.

Are you a chef or something?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:18 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
ocho wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Are you a chef or something?

Nope business owner but by proxy and upbringing I'm pretty decent in the kitchen.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:24 pm    Post subject:

What kind of restaurant is it? Fast casual, sit down?...

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Vietnamese restaurant. Casual dining but even before Covid we were doing maybe 2/3 of our business as take out and delivery. Thank gawd we were already in that position or we would have shut down for good in the first few weeks of the lockdown. No way we would have survived otherwise.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Vietnamese restaurant. Casual dining but even before Covid we were doing maybe 2/3 of our business as take out and delivery. Thank gawd we were already in that position or we would have shut down for good in the first few weeks of the lockdown. No way we would have survived otherwise.

Do you have pho? Do people get pho delivered? (I do, but it isn’t as good as eating it in a restaurant.)

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject:

I had take-out Vietnamese twice the past couple of weeks. I love pho. The portions were understandably smaller as you cannot take home one of those large bowls.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject:

@ CC - Pho is our bread and butter and people take it home all the time.

@ ap - Didn't they pack things separate? We have the noodle/herbs/protein in a container and the soup in another container. The amount should be pretty similar to what you get in store. Our portions are extremely generous to boot.

Last edited by jonnybravo on Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:18 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
@ CC - Pho is our bread and butter.

@ ap - Didn't they pack things separate? We have the noodle/herbs/protein in a container and the soup in another container. The amount should be pretty similar to what you get in store. Our portions are extremely generous to boot.

Yeah that’s how it’s separated when I get it delivered. I just reheat it a bit on the stove.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:04 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
@ CC - Pho is our bread and butter.

Yeah that’s how it’s separated when I get it delivered. I just reheat it a bit on the stove.

I don’t have a bowl large enough to fit everything, so I put around half of the soup and noodles and meat together in one bowl and refill it later. The problem is that the noodles and meat cool down the soup, and I don’t want to microwave the noodles and meat. So what I started doing was microwaving the soup to make it really hot and then putting in the other stuff. Still not a great solution.

XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:39 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
XTC wrote:
^Couldn’t believe the number of barriers they had in the parking lot either when I went to make a pick up at Amazon in that same plaza. For the amount time spent waiting in that queue, one could probably queue up at the next closest one in Tustin and get the food sooner.

That's probably including the drive to Tustin and back lol.

Have you heard of a place called Raising Cain's? I think they sell chicken fingers or something. I drove past one and it was also insane. I've been looking to open up something else and there's a host of businesses that absolutely thrived during this pandemic.

Lol, that probably explains the people flying down the freeway-like stretch of Jamboree.

Yes, Raisin' Canes is known for their chicken strips or "fingers" (as they call them). They've been growing their presence in OC and just opened a new one on Azusa in City of Industry. The store on Harbor Blvd off the 405 still has drive-thru lines longer than the CFA across the street. The RC's in Laguna Hills and Aliso Viejo don't seem to be doing gangbusters as Harbor. Their chicken fingers are decent, but I still can't believe people would wait in those long lines to have them.

Would you be looking to start a food-related business or something else?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:43 pm    Post subject:

XTC wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
XTC wrote:
^Couldn’t believe the number of barriers they had in the parking lot either when I went to make a pick up at Amazon in that same plaza. For the amount time spent waiting in that queue, one could probably queue up at the next closest one in Tustin and get the food sooner.

Have you heard of a place called Raising Cain's? I think they sell chicken fingers or something. I drove past one and it was also insane. I've been looking to open up something else and there's a host of businesses that absolutely thrived during this pandemic.

Lol, that probably explains the people flying down the freeway-like stretch of Jamboree.

Yes, Raisin' Canes is known for their chicken strips or "fingers" (as they call them). They've been growing their presence in OC and just opened a new one on Azusa in City of Industry. The store on Harbor Blvd off the 405 still has drive-thru lines longer than the CFA across the street. The RC's in Laguna Hills and Aliso Viejo don't seem to be doing gangbusters as Harbor. Their chicken fingers are decent, but I still can't believe people would wait in those long lines to have them.

I have a cousin making bank in a food related business in San Diego. Even during this pandemic, she opened up two more shops and they're both killing it. I hope you'll understand if I keep it close to my chest.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject:

my favorite vietnamese soup setup

oxtail
beef broth
yellow egg noodles

1 mint leaf
extra chopped peppers
lime juice

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Don’t understand why people love Habit so much and even compare it to In ‘N Out. Clearly a tier below.

Habit is on another level with their chargrilled hamburgers, the flame does make a difference. The rest of the menu is solid as well. I guess after having INO for about 33 years, gradually things start to change -- while it's still a classic, it hasn't been the same for the last 10 years or so.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:57 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Aren't you both (along with DMR) members of the legendary Three Stooges trio and best friends? Why are you now arguing over whether In 'N Out is good or not?

You and your friends don’t debate dumb (bleep)?

That's the best part of having good friends. You can butt heads over stupid stuff and give each other (bleep).
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

I'm concerned that the McD's fries are the LAST option in that checklist.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:10 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
XTC wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
XTC wrote:

I have a cousin making bank in a food related business in San Diego. Even during this pandemic, she opened up two more shops and they're both killing it. I hope you'll understand if I keep it close to my chest.

Absolutely, got to keep ideas under the radar as you continually refine and develop the concept. Btw, congrats to your cousin, she's able to find success during a time when it's been challenging to say the least. My friend's relative opened up a new restaurant on Main in Alhambra and then things got locked down.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:11 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

Yes they do pack the accompaniments separately. I place the broth in Chef Mike when I get home, then add the goodies. Damn JB, you're making me hungry! The portions are smaller than what I get versus sit down. I do insist on three containers of the seeded hot sauce, to me the broth should be fire.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ocho wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Aren't you both (along with DMR) members of the legendary Three Stooges trio and best friends? Why are you now arguing over whether In 'N Out is good or not?

You and your friends don’t debate dumb (bleep)?

That's the best part of having good friends. You can butt heads over stupid stuff and give each other (bleep).

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:28 am    Post subject:

I miss mantis shrimp. You sometimes see them in Cantonese and Vietnamese cuisine here in the states, but they're more common food items over in Asia. Aside from being tasty, they're a total badass predator.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:34 am    Post subject:

Speaking of viet food, never strayed from pho with the mixed meat/tendons but finally ordered Bun Bo Hue with blood cake, MAN it is so good, y'all need to try it

Fav fast food burger: Whopper
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Love in-n-out, but it's mostly from the sugar in the buns and the MUCH higher Fat in the beef. Tastes great but I can really feel it later.

Go to Burger = Habit Santa Barbara (single) with sweet potato fries.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject:

I actually really like Whoppers too for the same reason as 24. Like the open fire taste of the patties. Shame the only one near me requires me to go into a mall.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
XTC wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
XTC wrote:

The local sandwich chain my daughter is a manager at would have $10,000 days occasionally pre-COVID. Now every day is $8,000-10,000.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9
Jump to: