Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:54 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Well, that escalated gradually.

Peak white people (bleep).

Yeah, not much you can do about hipsters like ocho.

But to address his request for those who are interested, here are some really good burgers at restaurants (that aren't burger centric) that I have had:

Stalking Horse has a solid Wagyu burger.

Belcampo is a great butchery burger

The Smokehouse is classic old school steakhouse burger

Hinoki and the Bird has one that has all kinds of tasty garniches

Preux & Proper

Petit Trois

Love and Salt in Manhattan Beach

Connie and Ted's is one of the few seafood restaurant's that has a solid burger

Animal has an amazing one that's a blend of various meats.

I haven't had one, but I hear Egg Slut's burger is really good.

If we get into gastro pubs, the list grows immensely.

But I would never suggest that anyone engage in the failure that is a burger in a restaurant.

Now was that so hard?

On this list I’ve only had the Petit Trois burger and the Belcampo. Petit Trois in general is a letdown (and that includes the burger) which is unfortunate because Trois Mec next door had a claim on the best restaurant in LA before its tragic closing. Belcampo is decent but not really a sit down restaurant burger. Can’t speak to the others but I will revisit my original point when talking about Connie and Ted’s, Hinoki, and Animal. If you’re getting the burger there a mistake has been made.

Not at all. I've been to those places multiple times, particularly Animal, and I like to see what different chefs do with a standard fare like a burger. As I said before, I don't walk into a restaurant the first time and just think, "I'll just have the burger". And in the case of Animal, the burger was an off-menu suggestion from the waiter that was one of several plates our table tried that evening.

I love the irony of someone getting precious about what should and should not be ordered at a restaurant while condemning chefs for trying exotic things with a burger. The contradiction there is astounding - especially ion the context of someone complaining about someone's perceived judgmentalism while preceding to be incredibly judgmental themselves (and on more than one subject).
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:14 pm    Post subject:

I've had the Oakland Belcampo's burger and it was nothing special. Is the LA location really that good?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:14 pm    Post subject:

XTC wrote:
^Couldn’t believe the number of barriers they had in the parking lot either when I went to make a pick up at Amazon in that same plaza. For the amount time spent waiting in that queue, one could probably queue up at the next closest one in Tustin and get the food sooner.

It seems Chick-Fil-A’s have their drive-thru game down pat, they can easily process 40 cars and keep the line moving. Not crazy about the food or their donations (that’s for another thread).

That's probably including the drive to Tustin and back lol.

Have you heard of a place called Raising Cain's? I think they sell chicken fingers or something. I drove past one and it was also insane. I've been looking to open up something else and there's a host of businesses that absolutely thrived during this pandemic.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:43 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ocho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Wilt wrote:

But to address his request for those who are interested, here are some really good burgers at restaurants (that aren't burger centric) that I have had:

Preux & Proper

Petit Trois

But I would never suggest that anyone engage in the failure that is a burger in a restaurant.

Now was that so hard?

On this list I’ve only had the Petit Trois burger and the Belcampo. Petit Trois in general is a letdown (and that includes the burger) which is unfortunate because Trois Mec next door had a claim on the best restaurant in LA before its tragic closing. Belcampo is decent but not really a sit down restaurant burger. Can’t speak to the others but I will revisit my original point when talking about Connie and Ted’s, Hinoki, and Animal. If you’re getting the burger there a mistake has been made.

Not at all. I've been to those places multiple times, particularly Animal, and I like to see what different chefs do with a standard fare like a burger. As I said before, I don't walk into a restaurant the first time and just think, "I'll just have the burger". And in the case of Animal, the burger was an off-menu suggestion from the waiter that was one of several plates our table tried that evening.

I love the irony of someone getting precious about what should and should not be ordered at a restaurant while condemning chefs for trying exotic things with a burger. The contradiction there is astounding - especially ion the context of someone complaining about someone's perceived judgmentalism while preceding to be incredibly judgmental themselves (and on more than one subject).

I can think you’re making the wrong choices without judging you. If you show up to a seafood place and decide to get the fancy burger and end up enjoying it then you’ve won. I think you’ve probably missed out on better options but you shouldn’t care what I think. The initial thing I was responding to wasn’t that some of you don’t like In-N-Out (which is a fair opinion to have). I was responding to the incessant and relentless attacks from out-of-towners smearing those that do as cult members. I responded by pushing back on that, saying if there’s any cult behavior going on it’s from those folks who trip over themselves coming through the door to tell you it sucks. If it’s irony you’re looking for, look no further than a guy calling me a snob while advocating for $25 French burgers
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:55 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ocho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Preux & Proper

Petit Trois

Now was that so hard?

I can think you’re making the wrong choices without judging you. If you show up to a seafood place and decide to get the fancy burger and end up enjoying it then you’ve won. I think you’ve probably missed out on better options but you shouldn’t care what I think. The initial thing I was responding to wasn’t that some of you don’t like In-N-Out (which is a fair opinion to have). I was responding to the incessant and relentless attacks from out-of-towners smearing those that do as cult members. I responded by pushing back on that, saying if there’s any cult behavior going on it’s from those folks who trip over themselves coming through the door to tell you it sucks. If it’s irony you’re looking for, look no further than a guy calling me a snob while advocating for $25 French burgers

It's been a one note drone in that regard and I've tuned those people out in those topics. It's not just about In and Out. Probably too busy enjoying the smell of their own farts to notice it anyways.

Last edited by jonnybravo on Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Do tell...
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:08 pm    Post subject:

You know what? I'm sorry for jumping in and piling on. I regretted it as soon as I posted. Been a frustrating business week and I shouldn't have let small differences in opinions bother me. Apologies to all. I'm constantly working on my inner petulance.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Omar, which of the options in this list so you prefer to In ‘N Out? Carl’s Jr.?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ocho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Preux & Proper

Petit Trois

Now was that so hard?

That’s the irony. I know I’m judgmental and snobby and relentless at times. It’s both a flaw and in some cases just a choice, and I can deal with being told that. It’s just a little rich coming from someone with a similar bent, who then goes on to do it himself on two subjects in the thread, And then turns around and calls the person bringing that hypocrisy up the hypocrite.

I can take the point that I’ve said my piece on in n out more than you care to hear. It’s a fair argument just as mine is, and I’m a big boy. And I can leave it there. And I won’t even require you to not espouse the opinions I don’t want to hear in return. There’s just no need for the disingenuousness.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:28 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Carl’s Jr. or BK. haven’t eaten at a Wendy’s in forever so no idea how they are now.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
You know what? I'm sorry for jumping in and piling on. I regretted it as soon as I posted. Been a frustrating business week and I shouldn't have let small differences in opinions bother me. Apologies to all. I'm constantly working on my inner petulance.

Given that your business iirc involves one of my favorite foods, you automatically get a free shot.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
you shouldn’t care what I think.

I don't. I'm simply noting your hypocrisy.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

It's been a one note drone in that regard and I've tuned those people out in those topics. It's not just about In and Out. Probably too busy enjoying the smell of their own farts to notice it anyways.

Umm . . . OK.

Duly noted.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Carl’s Jr. or BK. haven’t eaten at a Wendy’s in forever so no idea how they are now.

Wait, seriously-- you think BURGER KING is better than In 'N Out? Why?!

What about McDonalds, Five Guys, and Shake Shack?...

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ocho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ocho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Preux & Proper

Petit Trois

Now was that so hard?

That’s the irony. I know I’m judgmental and snobby and relentless at times. It’s both a flaw and in some cases just a choice, and I can deal with being told that. It’s just a little rich coming from someone with a similar bent, who then goes on to do it himself on two subjects in the thread, And then turns around and calls the person bringing that hypocrisy up the hypocrite.

I can take the point that I’ve said my piece on in n out more than you care to hear. It’s a fair argument just as mine is, and I’m a big boy. And I can leave it there. And I won’t even require you to not espouse the opinions I don’t want to hear in return. There’s just no need for the disingenuousness.

Aren't you both (along with DMR) members of the legendary Three Stooges trio and best friends? Why are you now arguing over whether In 'N Out is good or not?

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Aren't you both (along with DMR) members of the legendary Three Stooges trio and best friends? Why are you now arguing over whether In 'N Out is good or not?

You and your friends don’t debate dumb (bleep)?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

You and your friends don’t debate dumb (bleep)?

Exactly. Don’t think anyone involved in this is doing anything more than talking (bleep) and engaged in a little sport arguing.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject:

It'd be nice if Biden's national lead would go up to around 9.5 points, which where it was in mid to late August. State numbers would also follow. Can't wait to see some high quality polls.

Trump's numbers won't completely implode as the base is still the base.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
It'd be nice if Biden's national lead would go up to around 9.5 points, which where it was in mid to late August. State numbers would also follow. Can't wait to see some high quality polls.

We know Trump loves McDonalds but even he knows In-N-Out is better than freaking Burger King
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject:

trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:20 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Wilt wrote:

We know Trump loves McDonalds but even he knows In-N-Out is better than freaking Burger King

No whopper, no whopper. You’re the whopper.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:24 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Wilt wrote:

I kind of want to try eating two big Macs + two Filets O'Fish + a chocolate shake just to see if I could do it.

I wonder why he doesn't get fries with it, though, when that's the best thing at McDonalds other than apple pie and the chicken nuggets.

Last edited by CandyCanes on Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

This is the best wrong topic post in a while
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Wait, seriously-- you think BURGER KING is better than In 'N Out? Why?!

What about McDonalds, Five Guys, and Shake Shack?...

You said prefer. I prefer flame broiled to griddled so I’d eat there first, and I prefer the fries (though neither are my favorite). Hate McDonald’s (but their fries are good), never been to the other two. Habit is really good though.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:37 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
ocho wrote:
Wilt wrote:

I kind of want to try eating two big Macs + two Filets O'Fish + a chocolate shake just to see if I could do it.

I wonder why he doesn't get fries with it, though, when that's the best thing at McDonalds other than apple pie and the chicken nuggets.

Please don't . . . if you aren't going to film it. Bonus points if you get a large shake and fries and eat all of it under 10 minutes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9
Jump to: