šŸˆNFL 2023 DISCUSSION THREADšŸˆ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 333, 334, 335  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:33 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
oasisdude77 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
The Raiders became Los Abgeles's team when they move here from Oakland. I'm guessing they still have some die hard fans here. The Dog Pound probably will be at many Vegas games when allowed.

Raiders have moved so many times I don't associate them with any city. Most of the Raider fans are fans because of their colors and team history.

How about the Rams?

They moved from Cleveland to LA to St. Louis (and won their only SB) and back to LA so they've moved as many times as the Raiders have.

Rams were in LA area from 1946-1994....then back to LA from 2016-present. They are pretty much an LA team.

Raiders were from Oakland from 1960-1981, then 1995-2019. While they will mostly be associate with Oakland they will now spend the rest of their future history in Las Vegas. So its hard to say they are really tied down to an area....they have moved from city to city adding new fans. And even when they leave those fans don't abandon their team unlike other teams. This is why I say they and their fans are attached to the team and not the city.

When Georgia Fontierie moved the Rams she took their lore with them. The Raiders came to town and captured the hearts of Los Angeles.

Yes, they're not a LA team they are and will always be the Oakland Raiders no matter where they move.

The Dog Pound will be associated with them no matter where they go. Las Vegas will see them in full Dog Pound attire.

I won't say fans are attracted to them for their colors and history, I attach more following for their rowdy demeanor.

Not sure where you're getting the 'dog pound' association with the Raiders. The 'Dawg Pound' is associated with the Cleveland Browns.

Raiders are Raider Nation and we have the 'Black Hole' where we tend to dress up like it's Halloween every Sunday home game

You are correct sir. I meant the Black Hole. My mistake. Good catch.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:25 am    Post subject:

Cam liteing it up. Must be the Belichick's. NE 1 1.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject:

Iā€™m watching red zone and every time it flips to the Cincy game there is Burrow doing something special. Kid is too legit.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Falcons trying to implode again...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:12 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Sunday Ticket is a blessing and a curse. I'm all over the place. I shed it from my DTV package. I use Eminence streaming I don't pay for it.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Looks like NE will be 2 1. Leading Raiders 36 25 1:53 left

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Falcons manage to find a way to lose again.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:03 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Falcons manage to find a way to lose again.

Yep 30 26 Bears.....

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Metcalf blew a touchdown. Slowed down thinking it was a cakewalk. Diggs kept playing. Knocked out of his hands before he crossed the goal line for a touchback. Carroll and Wilson gotta be pissed.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Metcalf made up for his boo-boo. He ran a great route, made a great catch for 6. Wilson put it on the dime.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Looks like SAS will be talking some smack to the Cowboys fans tomorrow.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Sunday Ticket is a blessing and a curse. I'm all over the place. I shed it from my DTV package. I use Eminence streaming I don't pay for it.

What's that?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:54 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

What's that?

It's a streaming service. I get HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, ENCORE, PRIME VIDEO, HULU, PPV, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NFL SUNDAY TICKET, and much more for $25.00 a month. That allows me to have a friend on the plan. I watched the Charlo Brother fights last night, no cost. You get movies that are still in the theater. If you want to check it out go to buynitrotv.com. I think there's a free period that allows you to cancel. You need a Firestick.

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:48 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

What's that?

It's a streaming service. I get HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, ENCORE, PRIME VIDEO, HULU, PPV, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NFL SUNDAY TICKET, and much more for $25.00 a month. That allows me to have a friend on the plan. I watched the Charlo Brother fights last night, no cost. You get movies that are still in the theater. If you want to check it out go to buynitrotv.com. I think there's a free period that allows you to cancel. You need a Firestick.

Thx!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Glad to see Taysom Hill lose the game for the Saints. Sorry/not sorry for saying that.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:50 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Glad to see Taysom Hill lose the game for the Saints. Sorry/not sorry for saying that.

Brees was literally looking off open receivers down field tonight....he knows he is very limited in throwing downfield.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:14 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Brees was literally looking off open receivers down field tonight....he knows he is very limited in throwing downfield.

They should just throw 20 passes to Kamara; it's not like anyone wants to tackle him, apparently!
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:35 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

They should just throw 20 passes to Kamara; it's not like anyone wants to tackle him, apparently!

I haven't been impressed with Brees' arm strength, but I'm still waiting for Michael Thomas to return. Right now throwing it to Kamara makes the most sense as the NO season hinges on his abilities rather than Brees. Brees did look downfield a few times, but never threw long. Was it because of coverage, or was he trying to stretch the field with his eyes? What I want to see is a team pack it's safeties to the LOS, and dare Brees. I thought GB gave him more respect than was warranted.

And GB better return to basics, poor tackling technique throughout the game.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Looks like NE will be 2 1. Leading Raiders 36 25 1:53 left

The Raiders looked pretty bad in the second half.

That being said, NE is a better fit for Cam Newton than Tom Brady, and that timeline stretches back to the past two seasons. My impression is that Belichick didn't want to bank on the health of a 40+QB, and reconfigured the offense around running the ball rather than passing. Draft capital was invested in the running game rather than the passing game, and what sticks out is their bad decision to draft N'Keal Harry (blocking WR) than the better quality receivers taken later in the second round. It might also explain the inexplicable decision not to take one of the many quality TEs that year as well, and the crazy decision to spend second round draft capital on a marginal talent (but good blocking receiver) Mohamed Sanu.

It looks like Brady made the right decision to leave, and Belichick either got lucky or had been quietly biding his time on Cam Newton, in anticipation of the other GMs passing on him.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:59 am    Post subject:

At the risk of overreacting, Stephon Gimore's play concerns me. Last season, I rationalized some deterioration in the last two games to size match-up problems, but now I'm beginning to worry that he's lost a step. The CB position is the most athletically demanding position in all of football. Every CB loses a little bit of quickness and athleticism over time, and at some point an inflection point arrives where their mental gifts can no longer compensate for what nature erodes. Revis was an incredibly smart CB, but when that inflection point hit his downward spiral was rapid. I'm not saying Gilmore is finished, far from it, but that inflection point might be approaching.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:59 pm    Post subject:

I have the Steelers reclaiming the AFC North this year. They always seem to rebound after a crappy year.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:40 am    Post subject:

Raiders were in Oakland twice, but they also moved away from Oakland twice. And Vegas in the future will probably try harder to keep them than Oakland or LA did.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:45 am    Post subject:

IMO Mahomes is the GOAT. He just needs to stay healthy. It didnā€™t take long before the GOAT talk started with Brady around 17 years ago. And Brady didnā€™t start putting up big numbers until 4 years later.

When it comes to the eye test, Iā€™ve never seen a qb make it look so easy.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:50 am    Post subject:

Mahomes made Lamar Jackson look like a crappy college QB. Lamar looked absolutely pathetic out there; he was basically RG3: a QB with 0 vision, pocket presence, or awareness. Meanwhile, Mahomes absolutely shredded a top defense. Ravens play-calling was utter garbage given who they were facing.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:00 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
IMO Mahomes is the GOAT. He just needs to stay healthy. It didnā€™t take long before the GOAT talk started with Brady around 17 years ago. And Brady didnā€™t start putting up big numbers until 4 years later.

When it comes to the eye test, Iā€™ve never seen a qb make it look so easy.

Mahomes is outstanding, exciting to watch, and already has one Super Bowl win behind him. While health is a factor, the question is also how Mahomes will perform as the pieces around him deteriorate or leave. Right now he's surrounded by some outstanding receiving talent and a pretty good OL. The question for any QB in the NFL is how he'll adapt as the pieces around him change.

There's a danger in prematurely crowning a QB the GOAT. Look no further than Aaron Rodgers.

Last edited by angrypuppy on Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 5 of 335
Jump to: