+++ Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets (09/24/20) WCF, Gm 4 / Gm#85 +++
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 61, 62, 63  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:05 pm    Post subject:

I came in about 3 minutes ago, to see who won.

I get all Jerry West, now, with the Lakers...too nervous to follow in real time.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:12 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:

I get all Jerry West, now, with the Lakers...too nervous to follow in real time.

I've always been like this (going back years...), but now it's worse. I tracked the score, but couldn't watch it live.

Perhaps it's because the Lakers haven't been in this situation in a decade, and I'm older and less patient.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:04 pm    Post subject:

One thing I noticed (and why the nuggets should NEVER complain about free throws)

They have this move where they just run straight into the defender (who is entitled to their own space) and it is either a foul or it knocks the defender back a couple of steps giving them room to shoot their shot

That I believe is a offensive foul....and if they were actually calling this the Nuggets would have NO answer
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject:

The Malone comment makes sense. Nuggets got calls in earlier games. Lakers complained and it seemed to work in their favor. Malone does the same thing that the Lakers did in hopes of receiving some favorable treatment in the next game.
This happens in most playoff series. It’s annoying but it’s part of the game.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:47 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:

I've been like that since the Detroit series game 2. I just can't watch any playoffs games.... I usually do something else or go for a drive. I just check the score time from time and won't watch!
lakersbball
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:38 am    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Nuggets coach Mike Malone: "I'm going to have to go through the proper channels like they did to get some more free throws."

(bleep) off, Malone.

he needs to go through Lebron first

Excuses
lakersbball
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:42 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
KCP and Dwight are 2 of the most pleasant surprises of this season. I'll add Playoff Rondo to that list.

I would add Caruso to that list
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:10 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
The Malone comment makes sense. Nuggets got calls in earlier games. Lakers complained and it seemed to work in their favor. Malone does the same thing that the Lakers did in hopes of receiving some favorable treatment in the next game.

Phil Jackson did this a lot too
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:01 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:

Was his complaint valid? If I have it right the Lakers got 35 ft they got 33.

The Nuggets have lost the luster of the comeback kids. I'm gonna call them the crybaby kids. Murray did the same thing, cry. Win or lose, do it with class. In that vein they failed.

LeBron gets the Shaq treatment, No harm, no foul, no blood, no ambulance.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:10 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

The Nuggets have lost the luster of the comeback kids.

With all due respect, in the last two series's - the Nugg's came back from being down 3-1, and they are down 3-1 now...

So they have as much chance at this point as they did in the last two series's - that they won...

Lakers need to close them out in Game 5...!
TheKing23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:15 am    Post subject:

mirak wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

I've always been like this (going back years...), but now it's worse. I tracked the score, but couldn't watch it live.

Perhaps it's because the Lakers haven't been in this situation in a decade, and I'm older and less patient.

So I'm not the only one doing this. I can't watch live after decades of watching the Lakers. Turning 50 in a few months and gotta save the stress for real life.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:20 am    Post subject:

TheKing23 wrote:
mirak wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

So I'm not the only one doing this. I can't watch live after decades of watching the Lakers. Turning 50 in a few months and gotta save the stress for real life.

I DVR'd the Lakers and the Dodgers and would float back and forth to each one, so as not get too consumed by the Lakers, also I fast-forwarded that time the Lakers were up by 1 and the Nugg's had the ball, fully anticipating a 3-pointer to put the Lakers down by 2, when it didn't happen, I reversed and watched it...lol

DVR is the best way to go for all of us who experience the Jerry West Syndrome...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:33 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
jodeke wrote:

The Nuggets have lost the luster of the comeback kids.

With all due respect, in the last two series's - the Nugg's came back from being down 3-1, and they are down 3-1 now...

So they have as much chance at this point as they did in the last two series's - that they won...

Lakers need to close them out in Game 5...!

I think you misunderstand where I'm coming from. The luster lost was their losing with no class. Win or lose, do it with class. You win, you win. You lose, you lose, no excuses.

On watching the games, I don't post in the game thread. Two reasons

1) To much negativity makes it difficult to enjoy the game.

2) Superstition. When I don't post we win most of the time. I start to post in the thread after the game.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:48 am    Post subject:

Man, I don't know how any of you can NOT watch playoff basketball. Nothing greater to watch, even in defeat I stick with it.

Hell of a game, I absolutely loved the fact Howard started and contributed and LBJ took the Murray assignment in crunch time.

Still cannot wrap my head around the lack of rebounds by a big in AD but a lot of that is negated with how hot he was offensively.

I hope they come out with the intensity and fire because I want to get this over in 5. Give no hope to the opponent.

I envy you West Coasters, I work somewhat normal business hours but I start to get tired around 12 am my time. So typically during games I have caffiene and a snack. Somehow I was so enthralled emotionally with the game, no sign of tiredness. 20 minutes into Inside the NBA, can't keep my eyes open lol
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject:

AJ wrote:
Man, I don't know how any of you can NOT watch playoff basketball. Nothing greater to watch, even in defeat I stick with it.

Hell of a game, I absolutely loved the fact Howard started and contributed and LBJ took the Murray assignment in crunch time.

Still cannot wrap my head around the lack of rebounds by a big in AD but a lot of that is negated with how hot he was offensively.

I hope they come out with the intensity and fire because I want to get this over in 5. Give no hope to the opponent.

I envy you West Coasters, I work somewhat normal business hours but I start to get tired around 12 am my time. So typically during games I have caffiene and a snack. Somehow I was so enthralled emotionally with the game, no sign of tiredness. 20 minutes into Inside the NBA, can't keep my eyes open lol

Where do you live?

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:09 am    Post subject:

The Lakers had 12 offensive rebounds (D. Howard had 6 )and a 25-6 advantage in second-chance points.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:16 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
The Lakers had 12 offensive rebounds (D. Howard had 6 )and a 25-6 advantage in second-chance points.

Howard is earning his paycheck. He's a foul magnet but for some reason, he's the best defense against Jokic. Morris has taken over the foul magnet mantel.

TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:17 am    Post subject:

lakersbball wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
KCP and Dwight are 2 of the most pleasant surprises of this season. I'll add Playoff Rondo to that list.

I've always been such a big fan of Caruso's defense and hustle that I didn't consider him a surprise, but he's one of my favorite players! Just love the hustle, scrappiness, defense.

Even Rondo mentioned Caruso by name when asked about what he's seen in his career that differentiates a championship squad from a good regular season team that doesn't get the chip. His answer was unselfishness and putting the team first and he mentioned AC as an example.

LeBron calls AC the GOAT of course.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:24 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
lakersbball wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

I've always been such a big fan of Caruso's defense and hustle that I didn't consider him a surprise, but he's one of my favorite players! Just love the hustle, scrappiness, defense.

Even Rondo mentioned Caruso by name when asked about what he's seen in his career that differentiates a championship squad from a good regular season team that doesn't get the chip. His answer was unselfishness and putting the team first and he mentioned AC as an example.

Caruso is the epitome of a scrapper. He's a pesky defender, gives up his body, takes charges full on with no fear. He's a 6'5" guard who puts to bed the cliche, "White Men Cain't Jump." Dude can sky.

TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:37 am    Post subject:

Interesting on the Jerry West syndrome - I refrain from posting in tense games. Unless I'm in the right frame of mind to put a little humor in it to break the tension, but that's not often enough. If it's a tense game and I start a negative post on a player, he'll often redeem himself before I post and I gladly erase it. There's my superstitious good luck charm.

But yeah, in general, the more tense I am, or the more angry I am, the less you hear from me on a game thread.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:25 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
lakersbball wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

Caruso is the epitome of a scrapper. He's a pesky defender, gives up his body, takes charges full on with no fear. He's a 6'5" guard who puts to bed the cliche, "White Men Cain't Jump." Dude can sky.

He is like the Energizer Bunny on defense; he never gives up on a play. "it's the size of the fight in the dog" Caruso has the heart and hustle of a champion. Like I said before, he is the Lakers "Kurt Rambis of guards." #Carushow
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:34 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
jodeke wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
lakersbball wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

He is like the Energizer Bunny on defense; he never gives up on a play. "it's the size of the fight in the dog" Caruso has the heart and hustle of a champion. Like I said before, he is the Lakers "Kurt Rambis of guards." #Carushow

His defense put me in mind of John Havlicek's offense, perpetual motion.

Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject:

AJ wrote:

It can be so stressful that you feel years are taken off your life when you're pulling for your team. I completely understand those that care so much that they cannot watch. I will do this too especially if I've had a bad day. A lost on top of a bad day and I become not fun to be around for my family. LOL! It's easier to take a lost when you look at the final score instead of being invested in the game. And if I missed out on a win, I just replay on the DVR. I still haven't stop watching the Clippers lose. LOL! Games are like movies, I watch the movies with great endings over and over and over, and those Clipper movies are great!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:27 am    Post subject:

I'm still upset by the way the Nuggets took the loss. I wish they'd shown more class.

I liked Murray until his postgame interview. I thought Malone was a great coach until his postgame whining. They're sore losers.

I don't usually hope for things like this, I hope the Lakers stomp their asses. Send the crybabies back to Denver with their tails between their legs.

I hope we forge a whistle to whistle lead and blow them out by 20.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Nuggets coach Mike Malone: "I'm going to have to go through the proper channels like they did to get some more free throws."

(bleep) off, Malone.

I missed the story- did the Lakers complain to the league or something?

Yep, a formal complaint it seems.

First game the Lakers were aggressive, I thought the game was called fairly and the Lakers had a legit FT advantage. Malone complained to the league. Next thing we know, Jokic is getting a free pass to elbow and shove, the Lakers are getting called for ticky tack fouls, Denver gets a huge FT advantage for 2 games, winning 1 game and almost winning the other. The Lakers complained to the office about Jokic getting a free pass. So the refs tighten up on Jokic and he's suddenly in foul trouble. Now Malone whines and says he's going to complain to the refs.

Just call it the same for both teams refs. And we'd see the Lakers win. Or swallow your whistles completely, don't call anything, and watch the Lakers thoroughly crush Denver's asses.

Exactly. It comes down to the team who brings it hardest. Don't worry about the refs, , play harder and it will all work out.
Game 5 LA home game..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 62 of 63
Jump to: