Hollywood Hoops - Should Lakers be Worried after the L?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:36 pm    Post subject: Hollywood Hoops - Should Lakers be Worried after the L?

Hey All,

Latest @hollywood_hoops Ep 204 w/@JoshMartinNBA Should the LA Lakers be Worried After the Loss to the Denver Nuggets? @lineups https://www.spreaker.com/user/11494655/hollywood-hoops-should-lakers-worry-nuggets

Cheers,

EP
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject:

Yes and No...

I refer to the old adage: "The definition of INSANITY is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"

If the Lakers Coach continues to insist on starting McGee, then Jokic will continue to flourish...

He was savvy enough to play small ball with the Rockets, so why can't/won't he make the necessary changes in this series?

I hope he doesn't wait until the Lakers are down 3-2 before doing something, otherwise the Lakers will be at home like the Clippers getting LAUGHED at!
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Naa. We good
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Worried? No. Some concern: yes.

Basically on the effort end. They were completely obliterated on the boards in a manner we have not seen in a long time. No excuse for AD to have only 2 boards.

I was also dissapointed in LBJ's careless turnovers at times, he really needs to be more careful.

With that said, often times when AD has had off games like that (which is strange to say since he scored quite a bit), he will come back the next with a monster performance.

One thing I will say tho - I personally underestimated the Nugs D. Much better than I remembered when we played them. But then I checked team stats and they were ranked 6th overall! That definitely explains their capacity to play shutdown D for stretches.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Yes and No...

I refer to the old adage: "The definition of INSANITY is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results"

If the Lakers Coach continues to insist on starting McGee, then Jokic will continue to flourish...

He was savvy enough to play small ball with the Rockets, so why can't/won't he make the necessary changes in this series?

I hope he doesn't wait until the Lakers are down 3-2 before doing something, otherwise the Lakers will be at home like the Clippers getting LAUGHED at!

Called it, now start Howard in the next game as well...!
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:23 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
Yes and No...

Called it, now start Howard in the next game as well...!

Nice! In this thread I also noted AD typically comes back from a "stinker" (his game 3 for most would be good) playing huge. Ok, his rebounds still a bit off (thanks to Dwight), but otherwise AD stepped it up.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:58 am    Post subject:

Anyone currently enjoying the euphoria of being up 3-1?

Feels good huh? Even feels great, knowing your team is "just about" on the way to the next series...

After all practically no teams ever come back from being down 3-1, right?

Oops, wait a minute, there are plenty of Jazz and Clipper fans sitting at home, cursing the NBA playoffs, that temporarily enjoyed that same feeling, until the Nuggs, stepped it up and ripped their guts out!

The Lakers need to approach Game 5 as a MUST win game, a close-out game, cause if they approach it with the mentality "that they only have to win 1 of the next 3 games" then they might see their hopes dashed once again...!
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Heeeelllllllll Yeah!!!!!! We're back to the big show, boys!!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: