+++ Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets (09/22/20) WCF, Gm 3/ Gm#84 +++
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62, 63  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject:

BLF2145 wrote:
Another stellar performance by DG. So good that he was not even in the game when we needed shooting. Vogel realizes dude is a negative presence on the floor instead of a benefit. Lakers HAVE to get out from under that contract in the offseason even after we win it all. He is only going to get worse. Move him, cook and the 1st for any half way decent starting SG in the league. Hell I would take Grant over him in a heartbeat.

I’d much rather have DG in there at the end... he might hit that 3
Petty Valiant
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject:

It was a terrible effort and yet we still had a chance to win. Dwight has to start for the remainder of the series. AD was soft as heck tonight, can’t do that Thursday. LeBron also needs to be more aggressive. The issue was on the defensive end and the turnovers. The experts and panelists will talk a bunch of mess and I hope the Lakers listen to all of it. The Nuggets got their one win. Now the Lakers need to step on them Thursday and Saturday.
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

BLF2145 wrote:
Another stellar performance by DG. So good that he was not even in the game when we needed shooting. Vogel realizes dude is a negative presence on the floor instead of a benefit. Lakers HAVE to get out from under that contract in the offseason even after we win it all. He is only going to get worse. Move him, cook and the 1st for any half way decent starting SG in the league. Hell I would take Grant over him in a heartbeat.
move kuzma also
romanaztec
Star Player
Star Player

BLF2145 wrote:

That bowlegged mofo is the luckiest SOB in the world, getting paid $14 Million to do absolutely nothing other than run around in circles.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

romanaztec wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Shot 23% from 3s, 63% FT, and Got killed on the Rebound. Jeremy Grant with a career night and only lost by 8pts?

I mean lots of things to fix and look forward to in game 3... Tonights game was probably our second worst game since game 1 of Portland series.

That's the problem, we shouldn't be in fixing mode. We should be in polishing mode for the finals. 8 point loss is meaningless and out of context with what happened.

All I’m saying is that if Lakers plays even halfway decent, and Grant not having a career night we win this game. Lakers tonight didn’t look like the normal Lakers team. Not sure if they were still high from last game thinking the Nugs would fold like some of the posters in here.
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Vogel is the worst coach in the bubble
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

Fracture wrote:
Kuz needs to go

Poor Kuz. I don't think he is bright enough to know what we see.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

Overall bad game by almost everyone. LBJ had a great one. Other not so much.
Lets go to the next one. Its just a loss, nothing major to be honest.
You cannot expect against good team to have easy 4-0. Not real at all.
Petty Valiant
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

mad55557777 wrote:
BLF2145 wrote:

I’d much rather have DG in there at the end... he might hit that 3

He wouldn’t have hesitated that’s for sure.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
My one wish for the rest of the year is to get an ignore function on this forum.

Second this. We were 20 pts. down and our best 3pt shooter miss to tie the game.

Kuzma? Here is his stat line :

11 pts in 7-4 shooting with 2-1 from three. Yeah, the tentative, I am not supposed Bron or AD take this 3, was his only miss from 3.

Hey, we are in the conference finals and those dudes can play. Let's get them next game.

Last edited by lakerican on Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
romanaztec
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:59 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
romanaztec wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Shot 23% from 3s, 63% FT, and Got killed on the Rebound. Jeremy Grant with a career night and only lost by 8pts?

I mean lots of things to fix and look forward to in game 3... Tonights game was probably our second worst game since game 1 of Portland series.

That's the problem, we shouldn't be in fixing mode. We should be in polishing mode for the finals. 8 point loss is meaningless and out of context with what happened.

All I’m saying is that if Lakers plays even halfway decent, and Grant not having a career night we win this game. Lakers tonight didn’t look like the normal Lakers team. Not sure if they were still high from last game thinking the Nugs would fold like some of the posters in here.

They were absolutely still high from the last game. Which is why I don't buy the argument that "denver could easily be up 2-1." because denver came out with desperation tonight. They would have played differently had the series been 1-1. Lakers would have played differently as well.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Vogel not putting Dwight till we were down by 15 is the reason we lost the game
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait to see the adjustments for game 4 if Vogel makes any.
romanaztec
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Vogel not putting Dwight till we were down by 15 is the reason we lost the game

I agree, this was probably the overarching reason. We needed energy, even if it's st.upid energy at times.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject:

I personally think Dwight should start for the rest of the series.

Jokic salivates when McGee guards him.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:12 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers had a 20 point deficit and less than 6 minutes later the Lakers were taking an open 3 that would have tied the game. The type of clutch shot the Lakers have shot like 99% on all season long.

The Nuggets know they got lucky tonight.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:

You don't see the 4th quarter. The defense we played is called a zone press with trap added. Why you think all the players gassed out?

I am tired of the adjustments thing. We have a great coach. I was against of starting Dwight and this forum was clamoring for it. Result: 20 pt deficit. BTW, McGee was ,+2 tonight.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Jokic was pretty gassed in the 4th too
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:16 pm    Post subject:

romanaztec wrote:
BLF2145 wrote:

That bowlegged mofo is the luckiest SOB in the world, getting paid $14 Million to do absolutely nothing other than run around in circles.

mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:18 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

You don't see the 4th quarter. The defense we played is called a zone press with trap added. Why you think all the players gassed out?

I am tired of the adjustments thing. We have a great coach. I was against of starting Dwight and this forum was clamoring for it. Result: 20 pt deficit. BTW, McGee was ,+2 tonight.

If he didn’t stay small to start the 2nd quarter today, we might never be in that big of a hole.
nshid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Caruso had 2 points in 25 minutes and not much else. Maybe that time could have been used to bring in some shooters, especially when it was a 3 point game in the 4th quarter.

Malone sped the game up in favor of the young Nuggets and Vogel didn't make an adjustment to a zone until late in the game. Lakers have veterans and players not even touching the floor. You don't need to play Lebron and AD 40 minutes if you know how to extend your bench.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject:

nshid wrote:
Caruso had 2 points in 25 minutes and not much else. Maybe that time could have been used to bring in some shooters, especially when it was a 3 point game in the 4th quarter.

Malone sped the game up in favor of the young Nuggets and Vogel didn't make an adjustment to a zone until late in the game. Lakers have veterans and players not even touching the floor. You don't need to play Lebron and AD 40 minutes if you know how to extend your bench.

He still played great defense, can’t ask too much out of a guy who is making minimum. Same for rondo
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
The Lakers had a 20 point deficit and less than 6 minutes later the Lakers were taking an open 3 that would have tied the game. The type of clutch shot the Lakers have shot like 99% on all season long.

The Nuggets know they got lucky tonight.

If you think Denver got lucky tonight, then what do you call game 2?
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Denver has mostly outplayed us since beginning of 3rd quarter of game 2. We better figure them out soon
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
nshid wrote:

He still played great defense, can’t ask too much out of a guy who is making minimum. Same for rondo

I agree. There are quite a few players on this team who are better than Caruso that losses should never fall at his feet. He's definitely playing better than his contract.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 61 of 63
Jump to: