PS5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:16 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Pre-ordering has been a (bleep) show thus far.

It’s in my cart at Best Buy but I can’t make it to the payment page.
Smoothness101
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:17 pm    Post subject:

i usually wait for the 2.0 revision model for consoles but damn my base model ps4 sounds like a jet

also really want it black.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:21 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Been trying off and on all day my dude. Literally all day at work...if I had a respite, I gave it a go. I pretty much just pulled a Clippers and quit. I've never preordered before so this might be a sign that it's not meant to be.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:34 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
ocho wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Been trying off and on all day my dude. Literally all day at work...if I had a respite, I gave it a go. I pretty much just pulled a Clippers and quit. I've never preordered before so this might be a sign that it's not meant to be.

What are you most looking forward to with the PS5? I'm seeing if I should buy my first console since the wii.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:16 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ocho wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

What are you most looking forward to with the PS5? I'm seeing if I should buy my first console since the wii.

For me it's the hosepower to cost. I paid $375 (used) the beginning of this year for a 2070 super and that was considered a steal at the time. $500 bucks for that caliber of graphics in a console is too hard to pass up. Also, for me, PS has the better exclusives than Xbox. The new Xbox I'm sure is going to have more raw performance but most of their exclusives end up on PC. For that? I'm picking up an RTX 3080 and paying retail for the first time since I bought a Geforce 2 a few weeks earlier than release while working for the Fox booth at E3. Every blue moon, we see a giante step forward and I think this year is one of those for gaming tech. The 3000 series is going to be wild.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:53 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ocho wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

For me it's the hosepower to cost. I paid $375 (used) the beginning of this year for a 2070 super and that was considered a steal at the time. $500 bucks for that caliber of graphics in a console is too hard to pass up. Also, for me, PS has the better exclusives than Xbox. The new Xbox I'm sure is going to have more raw performance but most of their exclusives end up on PC. For that? I'm picking up an RTX 3080 and paying retail for the first time since I bought a Geforce 2 a few weeks earlier than release while working for the Fox booth at E3. Every blue moon, we see a giante step forward and I think this year is one of those for gaming tech. The 3000 series is going to be wild.

Thanks for the info. You are really going to spring for the 3080?!?!?!?!?!? I want your life, jb.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:23 am    Post subject:

I paid for the 1300 for the 2080ti.

I'm giving it away to my nephew and picking up a 3090(40-50% upgrade)
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:17 am    Post subject:

Best Buy website was pathetic. Check twitter for updates. That's where i got an Amazon link that i used to pre-order the console before Amazon even had it listed smh. Then, i pre-ordered the accessories and games from Best Buy once their trash site started to work again. Do not reward the (bleep) on eBay that are selling these for $1k+!
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:22 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

Uncle nickuku! It’s been so long!
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:24 am    Post subject:

I got a preorder in at Best Buy after like three hours of trying while bingeing the Mandalorian S1. Given how much of a (bleep) show it was to get to the checkout screen and finalize payment, I’m not sure if the pre-order is even legit since Best Buy was clearly having major issues with their website, but the pre-order is listed in my account. Guess I’ll find out when 11/12 rolls around.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ocho wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Thanks for the info. You are really going to spring for the 3080?!?!?!?!?!? I want your life, jb.

It's actually pretty rasonable at $699 (I can't believe my cheap ass just typed it). Dude the 3070 even beats out the 2080 ti much less the 3080. A flagship card getting trounced by the next gen's mid-level card hasn't happened in 15+ years. I plan to wait for the aftermarket cooling solutions to be readily available.

Last edited by jonnybravo on Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:12 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

Now this man is serious. When prices start creeping to $1000+, I have to draw the line somewhere . $1500 for the 3090 is insane for me. That pretty much the price of an entire gaming desktop AND a PS 5. Damn card is literally several times faster than the next gen consoles but $1500...that's just bananas.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:03 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
nickuku wrote:

Now this man is serious. When prices start creeping to $1000+, I have to draw the line somewhere . $1500 for the 3090 is insane for me. That pretty much the price of an entire gaming desktop AND a PS 5. Damn card is literally several times faster than the next gen consoles but $1500...that's just bananas.

You know what the worst part is? I play maybe 1 game a year that maybe could use that GPU horsepower.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:07 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
nickuku wrote:

You know what the worst part is? I play maybe 1 game a year that maybe could use that GPU horsepower.

Jesus dude, I'll play the hell out of it if yah need .
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
nickuku wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
nickuku wrote:

lol! What games are you looking forward to this year? Just cyberpunk only for me on PC at least.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:21 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
nickuku wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
nickuku wrote:

lol! What games are you looking forward to this year? Just cyberpunk only for me on PC at least.

You and me both. I can not effen' wait for Cyberpunk.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:34 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ocho wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

It's actually pretty rasonable at $699 (I can't believe my cheap ass just typed it). Dude the 3070 even beats out the 2080 ti much less the 3080. A flagship card getting trounced by the next gen's mid-level card hasn't happened in 15+ years. I plan to wait for the aftermarket cooling solutions to be readily available.

Just did some reading. Apparently the 3080 is the bee's knees. It's funny, I used to be all about nvnews.net, benchmarking, etc. I'm so out of touch now. I did come away feeling like I need to have the 3080 or else I'll, but supply for that thing is short. I would definitely put in $750 for it right nw.

nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:26 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ocho wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Just did some reading. Apparently the 3080 is the bee's knees. It's funny, I used to be all about nvnews.net, benchmarking, etc. I'm so out of touch now. I did come away feeling like I need to have the 3080 or else I'll, but supply for that thing is short. I would definitely put in $750 for it right nw.

Just bookmark this.

http://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/rtx3080/

I'd recommend sticking to reputable card brands like EVGA/MSI/Asus/Gigabyte

EVGA is local(brea) and they probably have the best customer service and warranty so I usually stick with them.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:09 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ocho wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Just bookmark this.

EVGA is local(brea) and they probably have the best customer service and warranty so I usually stick with them.

Believe it or not most of those companies are local, primarily in the City of Industry. At least their US headquarters are. I had a PowerColor AMD 7970 that was artifacting. I just rolled up to their building and the tech ran a quick diagnostic and I walked out with a new card that we ran Furmark on before I left. I've had to RMA Gigabyte, EVGA, MSI as well and I've had no issues with any of them. One thing I really like about the component industry is the warranties. If you buy second hand, the majority of them will honor the warranty based on the manufacture date from the serial number.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:06 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
nickuku wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
ocho wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Just bookmark this.

Believe it or not most of those companies are local, primarily in the City of Industry. At least their US headquarters are. I had a PowerColor AMD 7970 that was artifacting. I just rolled up to their building and the tech ran a quick diagnostic and I walked out with a new card that we ran Furmark on before I left. I've had to RMA Gigabyte, EVGA, MSI as well and I've had no issues with any of them. One thing I really like about the component industry is the warranties. If you buy second hand, the majority of them will honor the warranty based on the manufacture date from the serial number.

Yup all true. I actually did the same thing with a powercolor 7970 as well. What the hell? lol. I find EVGA to be the most reliable out of all of them. City of Industry ftw. Newegg will call!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:05 pm    Post subject:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/ivxpr1/thousands_of_evga_cards_incoming/

Just fyi to anyone trying to score one. Man, 3070 or 3080. I can't decide...j

@nickuku - If true, save yourself the coin. The RTX is going to have to come in a lot hotter than this.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Leaked-benchmarks-show-the-NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3090-offering-as-little-as-5-better-performance-than-the-RTX-3080-for-over-twice-the-price.494706.0.html
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:51 am    Post subject:

microsoft just bought bethesda for 7.5 billion

wow

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:37 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

wow

Dang. Hopefully they fire the entire team behind Fallout 76. Looks like it includes Id Software too. That's two legendary developers. Crazy the amount of $$$ they paid. Ten years or so ago, Amazon bought Twitch for $1B and at the time it was considered a wild overpay. It's obscene how much $ Twitch prints for Amazon now.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject:

What are your thoughts on the PS5 vs the new XBox?

nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:

wow

Dang. Hopefully they fire the entire team behind Fallout 76. Looks like it includes Id Software too. That's two legendary developers. Crazy the amount of $$$ they paid. Ten years or so ago, Amazon bought Twitch for $1B and at the time it was considered a wild overpay. It's obscene how much $ Twitch prints for Amazon now.

Paid 7.5 billion for a company that uses its fanbase as beta testers for bugs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7
Jump to: