Official LA RAMS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 227, 228, 229  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Good win to open the stadium. Too bad the fans couldn't be there.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:25 pm    Post subject:

The defense held the Cowboys to 3 points in the 2nd half.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:27 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Why they did go for it on 4th n 3 and down by 3?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:29 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
32 wrote:

Good question. I thought for sure they were going to kick a field goal and tie the game. Bad call by McCarthy.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:04 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
32 wrote:

Good question. I thought for sure they were going to kick a field goal and tie the game. Bad call by McCarthy.

That was just stunning. I mean, the 3rd and 6 run only got 3 yards, so that didn't exactly work. If it's 4th and 1, I totally get it. But 4th and 3? With under 10 minutes to go? On such a short FG? Take your points and move on, tie the game.

I also was wondering if McVay would go for it on 4th and 1 late in the game, which would have iced the game completely. Win probability percentages were to go for it there, but I understand the logic of not risking it, since it would have given Dallas an extremely short field and only needing 3 points to tie it up. I can understand making them go a long way for a go-ahead TD or at worst, 45-50 yards just to try to tie it.

Also, that was a horrid OPI call on Gallup. That's just normal handfighting between both players. It wasn't like the AJ Green push off on Hayward earlier, a call I agreed with.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:19 am    Post subject:

Gifted win or not it's so great to silence those bandwagon Cowboys fans...that team been mediocre and over hyped ever despite losing seasons ever since Jerry booted Jimmah and built this foundation of ineptness.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:35 am    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
Gifted win or not it's so great to silence those bandwagon Cowboys fans...that team been mediocre and over hyped ever despite losing seasons ever since Jerry booted Jimmah and built this foundation of ineptness.

I actually think their team is pretty good this year, but losing Vander Esch for many weeks (broken collarbone) is a huge blow to their defense. And they lost their young TE, Jarwin, for the season with a torn ACL too. Between those injuries and with how banged up the Eagles already are, we could see another 8-8 or 9-7 record winning the NFC East again.

The NFC West looks like it will be highly competitive. If Seattle really does let Wilson throw it more, to me they are the division favorite because he is by leaps and bounds the most valuable offensive player in the division. The 49er D was always going to regress this season, and now they are dealing with injuries to their top-3 pass catchers. Combine their 1st-place schedule, and it wouldn't be shocking if they miss the playoffs.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:21 am    Post subject:

LOL

Quote:
Dallas Cowboys' Mike McCarthy on late pass interference call: 'You don't see that play"
12:42 AM PT
ESPN News Services

Dak Prescott's throw to a tightly covered Michael Gallup had found its target down the sideline and put the Dallas Cowboys in position inside the 20 to kick a tying field goal with 21 seconds left Sunday night against the Los Angeles Rams in the debut of SoFi Stadium.

But there was a flag on the play.

Gallup had made illegal contact with Rams star cornerback Jalen Ramsey, according to the official, and offensive pass interference voided the 47-yard reception. Replays appeared to show fairly standard contact before Ramsey pulled his head and upper body back.

"I can tell you it was clear and obvious on the field, of a hand into the opposing player," referee Tony Corrente said in defending the call. "A full arm extension that created separation. In all situations that would be called. We're not going to allow that at any time of the game."
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:43 am    Post subject:

We've got a pretty nice schedule this season. Our toughest opponents will be in our own division. Only one cold weather game against @Foxborough in December.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:48 am    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
LOL

Quote:
Dallas Cowboys' Mike McCarthy on late pass interference call: 'You don't see that play"
12:42 AM PT
ESPN News Services

Dak Prescott's throw to a tightly covered Michael Gallup had found its target down the sideline and put the Dallas Cowboys in position inside the 20 to kick a tying field goal with 21 seconds left Sunday night against the Los Angeles Rams in the debut of SoFi Stadium.

But there was a flag on the play.

Gallup had made illegal contact with Rams star cornerback Jalen Ramsey, according to the official, and offensive pass interference voided the 47-yard reception. Replays appeared to show fairly standard contact before Ramsey pulled his head and upper body back.

"I can tell you it was clear and obvious on the field, of a hand into the opposing player," referee Tony Corrente said in defending the call. "A full arm extension that created separation. In all situations that would be called. We're not going to allow that at any time of the game."

And The Oscar Goes To /// LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:

It wasn’t gifted, that was a legit offensive pass interference call. Ironically the Bengals and Joe Burrow lost on the same call. But both were correct calls.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:52 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:

It wasn’t gifted, that was a legit offensive pass interference call. Ironically the Bengals and Joe Burrow lost on the same call. But both were correct calls.

Ehhh I’m gonna disagree on that one. Green extended his arms to get separation right before the ball came. That’s an easy call. Ramsey and Gallup were handfighting and that happens on every play downfield in the NFL. The flop worked. It is what it is.

I’m a Steeler fan who doesn’t have a horse in the race btw so I couldn’t care less what was called. That’s just the way I saw it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:39 am    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:

Ehhh I’m gonna disagree on that one. Green extended his arms to get separation right before the ball came. That’s an easy call. Ramsey and Gallup were handfighting and that happens on every play downfield in the NFL. The flop worked. It is what it is.

I’m a Steeler fan who doesn’t have a horse in the race btw so I couldn’t care less what was called. That’s just the way I saw it.

Steelers looked good Sunday. Seemed like the return of the Steel Curtain. They held Barkley to 6 yards on 15 attempts. If Big Ben's elbow holds up they have shot at going to the SB.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:17 am    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:

It broke his stride / momentum creating the separation. So, it was either a PI or a flop, but it wasn't incidental.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject:

This is going to be a tough one traveling cross country.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject:

Let's see how/if the early, east coast game affects them.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Let's see how/if the early, east coast game affects them.

Offense looks awake.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:11 am    Post subject:

Akers was clutching his torso - hopefully, not injured.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:11 am    Post subject:

Great start!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:34 am    Post subject:

The Rams offense is carving them up.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject:

Van Jefferson is looking really good, and is helping us. I know many people were not on board with Rams drafting him that early, but so far, so good.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:43 am    Post subject:

Goff very efficient
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject:

21-3 with 12 minutes left in the 2nd quarter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:51 am    Post subject:

Wow. Total domination.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject:

WTF - helmet to helmet when the other guy is the one bringing his head down?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 227, 228, 229  Next
Page 4 of 229
Jump to: