Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 74, 75, 76  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:11 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
The problem with the cops killing the guy suspected of killing the right winger in Portland is now we'll never possibly know the truth of what happened.

Thanks, cops.

There was an interview with the shooter on Vice

Quote:
In the Vice interview, Mr. Reinoehl said he had acted in self-defense, believing that he and a friend were about to be stabbed. “I could have sat there and watched them kill a friend of mine of color, but I wasn’t going to do that,” he said.

nytimes

This may sound crazy. But hear me out.
Maybe when there are BLM protests. The people making sure the protesters follow the law should be ... law enforcement.

Or I guess we can just keep watching vigilante justice turn into citizens killing one another.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:30 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
The problem with the cops killing the guy suspected of killing the right winger in Portland is now we'll never possibly know the truth of what happened.

Thanks, cops.

Quote:
In the Vice interview, Mr. Reinoehl said he had acted in self-defense, believing that he and a friend were about to be stabbed. “I could have sat there and watched them kill a friend of mine of color, but I wasn’t going to do that,” he said.

nytimes

It's not unreasonable to think this guy did act in self-defense against a far right wing white nationalist who attacked him during a protest and then days later was summarily executed by cops who align themselves with far right wing white nationalist groups.

But we'll never know.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:27 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Thanks, cops.

Quote:

nytimes

It's not unreasonable to think this guy did act in self-defense against a far right wing white nationalist who attacked him during a protest and then days later was summarily executed by cops who align themselves with far right wing white nationalist groups.

But we'll never know.

Rottenhouse was taken into custody without incident . . . just sayin' . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Yep. And honestly, that's how it should be for everyone.
Any time a police officer kills someone (or shoots and paralyzes them) instead of taking them into custody. The police officer failed at his job. Law enforcement doesn't have the right to be judge, jury, and executioner.

Of course in the rare circumstances someone is using lethal force towards them law enforcement should use the same force back.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Thanks, cops.

Quote:

nytimes

But we'll never know.

They didn't stop by Burger King?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:44 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Thanks, cops.

Quote:

nytimes

But we'll never know.

or we could just watch the video of that pos hiding himself by the corner of the building, then as Danielson passes, he then follows them a few paces then screams "we got a Trumper" before putting two bullets in his chest. His whole story about defending his black friend was fiction....he is not with a black friend on the video.

Quote:
The court documents are backed up by a sworn officer statement that says security footage from the parking garage shows Reinohel targeting Danielson.

The security footage allegedly shows Reinoehl go into the garage after spotting Danielson and the other man. After Danielson passes by, Reinoehl comes out and follows the pair.

Reinoehl “conceals himself, waits and watches” Detective Rico Beniga writes in the probable cause affidavit.

“The shooting occurs shortly thereafter and is not captured on the surveillance video,” Beniga writes, according to the Times. Danielson was pronounced dead at the scene.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:47 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Right, one guy was compliant, and the other guy was not and displayed a handgun. Nothing similar about the two incidents.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:08 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Right, one guy was compliant, and the other guy was not and displayed a handgun. Nothing similar about the two incidents.

Ahhh, you're back after ignoring the last time you chimed in and were called out on your BS:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:
I am trying to focus on the "main thing" in regards to last night specifically, which was the shootings that took place. I have seen comments all day of twitter suggesting that Police across America is working with these white militias....which is absolute garbage and only serves as noise to create emotion and anger.

Umm, hate to break it to ya, but it isn't garbage. It has been demonstrated that local police have been working in tandem with Boogaloo boys and there were numerous facebook posts indicating that LE was encouraging the militia guys to come to Kenosha last night:

Oregon police told armed white men that they didn't want to look like they were 'playing favorites' when they advised them to stay inside after curfew

Armed White Supremacist in Kenosha Says He Collaborated and Strategized With Local Police

But new footage shows that it was more than just white privilege protecting Kyle. He was a part of a mob of heavily armed white militia men, who openly claimed that they coordinated their entire strategy with local police.

This man, who was a key organizer of the armed white militia, said, “Do you know what the cops told us today? We’re going to push them to you, because you can deal with them, then we’re going to leave.”

I know adkindo is going to ignore this, as he typically does when his BS is demonstrably called out. But I'll just add this:

Portland Police Are Giving Up On Policing The Far-Right

Officers allowed street brawls between “willing participants” last weekend, despite escalating violence from Proud Boys and other far-right groups.

And then there is this that a childhood friend experienced in her town first hand a few weeks ago:

Witnesses say police did little to stop violent Nevada City counter-protesters

What say you mister proud defender of innocent law enforcement?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:03 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Thanks, cops.

Quote:

nytimes

But we'll never know.

or we could just watch the video of that pos hiding himself by the corner of the building, then as Danielson passes, he then follows them a few paces then screams "we got a Trumper" before putting two bullets in his chest. His whole story about defending his black friend was fiction....he is not with a black friend on the video.

Quote:
The court documents are backed up by a sworn officer statement that says security footage from the parking garage shows Reinohel targeting Danielson.

The security footage allegedly shows Reinoehl go into the garage after spotting Danielson and the other man. After Danielson passes by, Reinoehl comes out and follows the pair.

Reinoehl “conceals himself, waits and watches” Detective Rico Beniga writes in the probable cause affidavit.

“The shooting occurs shortly thereafter and is not captured on the surveillance video,” Beniga writes, according to the Times. Danielson was pronounced dead at the scene.

The guy's no hero to me, but I assume all cops are lying as a default so I'll await further information.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Ahhh, you're back after ignoring the last time you chimed in and were called out on your BS:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:
I am trying to focus on the "main thing" in regards to last night specifically, which was the shootings that took place. I have seen comments all day of twitter suggesting that Police across America is working with these white militias....which is absolute garbage and only serves as noise to create emotion and anger.

Umm, hate to break it to ya, but it isn't garbage. It has been demonstrated that local police have been working in tandem with Boogaloo boys and there were numerous facebook posts indicating that LE was encouraging the militia guys to come to Kenosha last night:

Oregon police told armed white men that they didn't want to look like they were 'playing favorites' when they advised them to stay inside after curfew

Armed White Supremacist in Kenosha Says He Collaborated and Strategized With Local Police

But new footage shows that it was more than just white privilege protecting Kyle. He was a part of a mob of heavily armed white militia men, who openly claimed that they coordinated their entire strategy with local police.

This man, who was a key organizer of the armed white militia, said, “Do you know what the cops told us today? We’re going to push them to you, because you can deal with them, then we’re going to leave.”

I know adkindo is going to ignore this, as he typically does when his BS is demonstrably called out. But I'll just add this:

Portland Police Are Giving Up On Policing The Far-Right

Officers allowed street brawls between “willing participants” last weekend, despite escalating violence from Proud Boys and other far-right groups.

And then there is this that a childhood friend experienced in her town first hand a few weeks ago:

Witnesses say police did little to stop violent Nevada City counter-protesters

What say you mister proud defender of innocent law enforcement?

Police not doing their job is disturbing. I hope most cities don't act the same. Nonaction sends the wrong message. Not doing anything will incentivize more of the same from counter-protesters.

Most of what I've read indicates Trump supporters are mostly the blame for violent acts. That's no surprise, Trump encourages such acts. Says he'll pay the fines. Lier Lier Protesters are usually nonviolent.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Thanks, cops.

Quote:

nytimes

Maybe when there are BLM protests. The people making sure the protesters follow the law should be ... law enforcement.

Or I guess we can just keep watching vigilante justice turn into citizens killing one another.

Besides the other problems with the police, there weren’t enough of them there to do that. The shooting happened after a weekend, if not multiple weekends, of scattered paintaball and pepper spray attacks between BLM and maga. Some happening in plain sight of riot officers. It was only logical to expect escalation.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:54 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
kikanga wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Thanks, cops.

Quote:

nytimes

Besides the other problems with the police, there weren’t enough of them there to do that. The shooting happened after a weekend, if not multiple weekends, of scattered paintaball and pepper spray attacks between BLM and maga. Some happening in plain sight of riot officers. It was only logical to expect escalation.

There is nothing logical about vigilante murder IMO. Rioters should be addressed by law enforcement. Period. In cases where citizens try to make a citizen arrest, they should use non-lethal measures. End of story.
That's just how I feel about it.

Also if insurances won't cover businesses for the damage done by rioters. The city , state or federal government should. Business owners shouldn't be screwed over because law enforcement failed.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:29 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
kikanga wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Thanks, cops.

Quote:

nytimes

There is nothing logical about vigilante murder IMO. Rioters should be addressed by law enforcement. Period. In cases where citizens try to make a citizen arrest, they should use non-lethal measures. End of story.

Also if insurances won't cover businesses for the damage done by rioters. The city , state or federal government should. Business owners shouldn't be screwed over because law enforcement failed.

When the police allow two large groups of people to fight each other with various weapons in plain view, you expect peace to win the day? That doesn’t seem at all logical to me. Why do we even need police then?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:49 am    Post subject:

From the previous weekend:

Portland police stand by as Proud Boys and far-right militias flash guns and brawl with antifa counterprotesters

Quote:
August 22, 2020 at 9:24 PM EDT
PORTLAND, Ore. — On Saturday afternoon, a large crowd of more than 100 far-right activists, including Proud Boys and armed militia members, descended on Portland, Ore., staging a “Back the Blue” rally in front of the Justice Center that houses the downtown police precinct. Hundreds of antifa and Black Lives Matter protesters gathered to oppose the far-right crowd.

People in the far-right crowd came armed with paintball guns, metal rods, aluminum bats, fireworks, pepper spray, rifles and handguns. Some people in the opposing left-leaning crowd brought rocks, fireworks and bottles filled with chemical solutions. Both crowds sported shields and helmets.

The two groups sparred for more than two hours, as people exchanged blows, fired paintballs at each other and blasted chemicals indiscriminately into the crowd. People lobbed fireworks back and forth. At least one person was hit in the abdomen with a device that flashed and exploded, causing bleeding.

As the brawls unfolded, Portland police officers remained at a distance. They made several announcements over loudspeakers, encouraging the crowds to “self-monitor for criminal activity,” even as people beat others with sticks, and at least two right-wing activists brandished handguns.

“Each skirmish appeared to involve willing participants and the events were not enduring in time, so officers were not deployed to intervene,” the Portland Police Bureau said in a statement.
Police said they did not stop the violence, although the event met the criteria to be declared a riot, because too few officers were available to respond and they deemed it too dangerous to intervene. Officers were tired from responding to a much smaller and less volatile protest that was declared a riot the night before, the bureau said in a statement, and incident commanders also had concerns that officers would be targeted by the crowd.

Washington Post
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:22 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
From the previous weekend:

Portland police stand by as Proud Boys and far-right militias flash guns and brawl with antifa counterprotesters

Quote:
August 22, 2020 at 9:24 PM EDT
PORTLAND, Ore. — On Saturday afternoon, a large crowd of more than 100 far-right activists, including Proud Boys and armed militia members, descended on Portland, Ore., staging a “Back the Blue” rally in front of the Justice Center that houses the downtown police precinct. Hundreds of antifa and Black Lives Matter protesters gathered to oppose the far-right crowd.

People in the far-right crowd came armed with paintball guns, metal rods, aluminum bats, fireworks, pepper spray, rifles and handguns. Some people in the opposing left-leaning crowd brought rocks, fireworks and bottles filled with chemical solutions. Both crowds sported shields and helmets.

The two groups sparred for more than two hours, as people exchanged blows, fired paintballs at each other and blasted chemicals indiscriminately into the crowd. People lobbed fireworks back and forth. At least one person was hit in the abdomen with a device that flashed and exploded, causing bleeding.

As the brawls unfolded, Portland police officers remained at a distance. They made several announcements over loudspeakers, encouraging the crowds to “self-monitor for criminal activity,” even as people beat others with sticks, and at least two right-wing activists brandished handguns.

“Each skirmish appeared to involve willing participants and the events were not enduring in time, so officers were not deployed to intervene,” the Portland Police Bureau said in a statement.
Police said they did not stop the violence, although the event met the criteria to be declared a riot, because too few officers were available to respond and they deemed it too dangerous to intervene. Officers were tired from responding to a much smaller and less volatile protest that was declared a riot the night before, the bureau said in a statement, and incident commanders also had concerns that officers would be targeted by the crowd.

Washington Post

Too "tired" to keep the peace . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:28 am    Post subject:

There was virtually no physical violence at the protests until the far-Right vigilantes started showing up to agitate people and provoke confrontation.

TRUMP SUPPORTERS
CHASE DOWN, BEAT BLM PROTESTERS

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject:

Laugh if you want to, I'm a fan of The Young and the Restless. They have a storyline that's dealing with systemic racism. This movement is being touted in forums I've never before witnessed, Soap Operas! Everybody's getting on board!

Things are going to change on paper. I hope it causes some changes in the arena that will be most effective, the home!!

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:07 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
kikanga wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
kikanga wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Thanks, cops.

Quote:

nytimes

When the police allow two large groups of people to fight each other with various weapons in plain view, you expect peace to win the day? That doesn’t seem at all logical to me. Why do we even need police then?

I agree. The police failed in Portland. And in Kenosha.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject:

In both places the police clearly decided that since they were being protested against, they would allow groups hostile to those protesters to attack them.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
In both places the police clearly decided that since they were being protested against, they would encourage groups hostile to those protesters to attack them.

FIFY
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject:

We're in the throws of the most inadequate, corrupt administration in the country's history. I've resigned myself to "It Is What It Is." Until the election, I'm going to Prozac up and try to weather the storm.

Election Countdown

We Will Survive!!!

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Re: Reinoehl
Quote:
Trump on a purported antifa sympathizer who allegedly killed someone in Portland being killed by federal forces: "This guy was a violent criminal, and the US Marshals killed him. And I'll tell you something -- that's the way it has to be. There has to be retribution."

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1304953304619810816

"Retribution?"
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject:

If you carry a gun in law enforcement, you should carry a body cam.

This needs to be a mandate.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:15 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
If you carry a gun in law enforcement, you should carry a body cam.

This needs to be a mandate.

The Feds may be able to mandate wearing masks nationwide? LINK

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject:

Police have reverted to Bull Connor's methods, sic dogs on them.

Utah officer charged with assault after dog bites Black man
The Associated Press
SOPHIA EPPOLITO

LINK

Quote:
K9 officer Nickolas Pearce then told Ryans to get on the ground before kicking him in the leg, forcing him to his knees, and ordering the dog to bite Ryans, prosecutors said.

On body camera footage, Pearce can be heard repeatedly praising the animal and saying “good boy” while it latched onto Ryans’ left leg for about 20 seconds as he was being put in handcuffs.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 62 of 76
Jump to: