LG Fantasy Football Cash League 2019: 1st: LakerLanny 2nd: ChickenStu 3rd: Zforce
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
I'm in if you still need people

thanks man. I sent out the original set of invites. will let you know by tomorrow if that's cool.

For those i sent an invite to:

- We will send in league dues via yahoo
- payout is 200, 110, 50 for 1st, 2nd and 3rd
- Using 0.5 PPR, everything else else is pretty much standard
- 6 bench spots, 2 IR spots. For non-covid years we may adjust but this year may be a cluster.

Let's have a good fun season and do some smack talking!
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:46 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
I'm in if you still need people

thanks man. I sent out the original set of invites. will let you know by tomorrow if that's cool.

For those i sent an invite to:

- We will send in league dues via yahoo
- payout is 200, 110, 50 for 1st, 2nd and 3rd
- Using 0.5 PPR, everything else else is pretty much standard
- also, i'm trying out the new scoring for kickers. with the exception of PATs, we are going with 1 point per 10 yards including fractional points. so a 28 yard field goal is worth 28 points. a 47 yarder is 4.7 points. PATs still worth 1.

- 6 bench spots, 2 IR spots. For non-covid years we may adjust but this year may be a cluster.

Let's have a good fun season and do some smack talking!

I set the draft for Monday afternoon. we can adjust depending on schedules, but obviously deadline is Wednesday w/ first game being Thursday.

Also, I currently have it set up as a Snake draft, but if we want to do an Auction draft, I'll adjust. I always prefer auction but not gonna put force upon my preferences. I'm more of a Commissioner Silver than Stern.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject:

feel pressure to have a good draft with minimal preparation....you know ChickenStu is in 94 different leagues and is well prepared at this point for a draft...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:11 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
feel pressure to have a good draft with minimal preparation....you know ChickenStu is in 94 different leagues and is well prepared at this point for a draft...

My second-biggest league got canceled and my biggest league had two longtime members opt out for this year (they say they have too much going on and just didn't feel comfortable doing it this year), and that was after one of the founding members announced his retirement at the end of last season, so we had to get three new owners just to be able to field a competitive league. Next year, in that league, we're hoping to get the two longtime members back. In any case, if we do this league, that will give me 3 leagues to participate in.

I think we should have some contingencies in place in case of a pause or outright cancellation to the season, as my other leagues do. For example, if they complete a season where all 32 NFL teams don't play the same number of games (I find this scenario very unlikely), then we have to refund everyone's money and cancel everything, because it creates unfair competition. Pretty simple there; imagine you have McCaffrey and get one less game out of him than you should, or imagine you're competing against him and he gets one more game than, say, other teams in the league. It's just not fair, competitively. But assuming they pause the season and come back and finish it out and it's short of 16 games for every team, but the same number of games for every team, that's at least competitively fair. The problem is that you'd have to have some teams taking bye weeks down the stretch drive of the completed season, possibly even in the final week or second-to-last week of a completed season, and you can't conduct H2H playoffs like that. Again, not competitively fair if an entire NFL team is off during what would be the H2H playoffs. So to me, that means you have to scrap H2H and award money based on total points, should this occur. (Note that if they pause the season and come back and still complete 16 full games, that this would not apply.) It would suck, but we should all know beforehand what the decision will be, and not make it up on the fly. In my other leagues, we'll award payouts as long as all teams play at least 9 or 10 games (in one league we are doing 9, in the other 10).

I know I'm not the commish of this league, and I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes, just trying to help share what my other leagues are doing. This league was fun last year and I'm looking forward to it again, and hope that we get through the season without too many hiccups. But I do think we should at least have contingencies in place in case of disruptions.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:10 am    Post subject:

Thanks ChickenStu. Been giving that thought too, regarding a covid impacted season.

my initial thought is this: if we get through the regular season (weeks 1-13), let's allow results to stand and pay out 1/2/3 accordingly.

if the season is impacted and cut short prior to the last regular season fantasy week, we will refund everyone's money. i'll have to figure out how to set that up in yahoo.

If anyone has any thoughts, let me know.

i'm also heavily leaning towards changing to an auction draft. my experience is that it takes about 40 minutes longer than a regular draft. hope everyone is cool with that.

i'm also changing the setting to a cash league so be on the lookout for that, you can pay through yahoo with a card.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:48 am    Post subject:

We are currently at 6/12 filled.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:16 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
and that was after one of the founding members announced his retirement at the end of last season

It feels like you are taking FFL a little too serious when you actually announce your retirement.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:20 am    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
Thanks ChickenStu. Been giving that thought too, regarding a covid impacted season.

my initial thought is this: if we get through the regular season (weeks 1-13), let's allow results to stand and pay out 1/2/3 accordingly.

if the season is impacted and cut short prior to the last regular season fantasy week, we will refund everyone's money. i'll have to figure out how to set that up in yahoo.

If anyone has any thoughts, let me know.

i'm also heavily leaning towards changing to an auction draft. my experience is that it takes about 40 minutes longer than a regular draft. hope everyone is cool with that.

i'm also changing the setting to a cash league so be on the lookout for that, you can pay through yahoo with a card.

I am ok with an auction draft, but I would be interested to see what everyone else prefers. I always feel like auction drafts are a little more serious, and I am not sure everyone in this league wants to take it up a notch? I know some guys that take FFL probably a little too serious, but they will not even entertain participating in a league unless it is auction style...claiming other methods are more luck than skill.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:22 am    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
We are currently at 6/12 filled.

Come on guys.....click on the dang link. It is all you have to do at the moment to lock yourself in....takes 10 seconds.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject:

The yahoo payment has been setup. Please pay when you join.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:16 pm    Post subject:

doesn't look good fellas. canceling the league tomorrow unless there's a last minute turnout.
pimp8o5
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:41 pm    Post subject:

why u change it to auction :\
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:28 pm    Post subject:

The auction style requires everyone to be paying heavy attention at all times, basically. I do love those leagues (that's what my biggest league has always been, for more than 20 years), but it definitely requires more attention on draft day.

This all said, if we don't get more people, looks like we aren't playing at all lol.
pimp8o5
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:00 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
The auction style requires everyone to be paying heavy attention at all times, basically. I do love those leagues (that's what my biggest league has always been, for more than 20 years), but it definitely requires more attention on draft day.

This all said, if we don't get more people, looks like we aren't playing at all lol.
\
in auction-style CMC will go for 100
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:15 am    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
doesn't look good fellas. canceling the league tomorrow unless there's a last minute turnout.

who has committed and not signed up?

Maybe move draft to Tuesday or Wednesday to make last effort to get enough guys to sign up?
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:02 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:

who has committed and not signed up?

Maybe move draft to Tuesday or Wednesday to make last effort to get enough guys to sign up?

We are at 7/12. Might be difficult for me to draft Tuesday or Wednesday unless it’s late. And I don’t know that everyone is on the west coast.

You, me, chicken stew, Kobe jaws, Freddie buckets have signed up. Missing a couple others. In any case I’m not confident of this happening. I’ll leave the league up for a bit but likely canceling soon
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:51 am    Post subject:

League canceled. Sorry, sitting on 7/12 ain’t gotta do it.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

Sorry guys... been MIA the past few days dealing with some family stuff. Where was the invite sent? Or did we end up cancelling?
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:52 am    Post subject:

aww crap.
2020 sucks
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:

we just got a late start...thanks for making the effort
pimp8o5
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:51 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:

we just got a late start...thanks for making the effort

Well put me down for next year

Especially since I’ll have the credit once yahoo refunds me the 30 bucks 😎
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:36 am    Post subject:

Aw man -- was waiting for this thread to pop up but missed it earlier.. I'm down again this year if anyone is willing to draft after the first game (kinda whack I know).
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:56 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Aw man -- was waiting for this thread to pop up but missed it earlier.. I'm down again this year if anyone is willing to draft after the first game (kinda whack I know).

I know we had enough guys....just could not get everyone to respond in a quick period because some users did not visit the board for a few days, etc. HOF Rookie picked up the ball and gave it a shot, but could not get the responses in time. We probably needed to set up league 2-3 weeks ago.

If you want to take the reigns and try to build a league for 15 games, I would be in...just not sure if you would have luck in getting everyone on board within a week.

Anyone else interested in a 15 game schedule league?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10
Jump to: