+++ Los Angeles Lakers vs Houston Rockets (09/04/20) Rd 2, Gm 1 / Gm#77 +++
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:34 am    Post subject:

If we lose to this sorry, also-ran squad it will be disappointing indeed. LeBron isn’t getting any younger and there’s no guarantees on AD’s future with the team.

That said it’s only one game. Hopefully the Lakers received their wake-up call
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:36 am    Post subject:

We are getting max effort from some players. Problem is, their max isn't that great. They just seem to run out of talent.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:14 am    Post subject:

D’Antoni knocks us out of the first round of the playoffs twice as head coach of the Suns, comes in as head coach of the 2012-2013 Lakers and crashes our team, and then knocks us out of the playoffs against as head coach of the Rockets. The ultimate Lakers villain.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:25 am    Post subject:

It is strange to me how few people on this board either don’t understand or simply ignore it/have blinders.

1) Bron - no longer the most dominant player in the eague. May not even be the “best player in the league anymore”
2) AD very good player period.

#3 best player though is either Green or Kuz. Two players that alone would not even get you a top 10 pick even in a weak draft. On top of that, neither would rank even top five of players on Celts, Clips, Houston, or even PDX for that matter.

The front office made a very stupid gamble in the offseason trying to create some damn MEGA TEAM by adding Klaw and let him drag it out until there was literally no one left. So they overpaid for Green and signed a bunch of BS role players.

We could have EASILY HAD:
Jimmy B or DLO

And then filled in roster with players that actually ADD VALUE

IE: WCS for cheap and youth
RHJ PURELY FOR DEFENSE
GR3 for shooting
Burk or Burcs for guard play

Instead we did what everyone with even the slightest knowledge of this FO knew we would do. Focus on one target, miss and then panic and sign garbage role players that BRING NOTHING.

And I still to this day say they should have signed MELO and traded Kuzma for a young guard to build with.

But his stock is so low now we might be able to get a Frank N for him if we are lucky
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Its always so easy to make moves after the timeline happened. No one can fault Pelinka for going for an amazing off season. Some unreal accomplishment to get AD and Kawhi. He made a very decent turnaround. He couldnt have expected Green to become absolute dog (bleep) amongst other things. Who would have really taken Melo before? He was still blackballed and for good reason. The bubble gave him time to shape up and play good basketball but you're reaching here too.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:30 pm    Post subject:

I am seeing posts about having "less talent"

Do ppl understand that we are missing wide open outside shots?

If Green makes just SOME of his shots......the game probably goes differently.

We need role players to play their roles
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject:

I knew we had rust level time off between series. I was confident that we could lose G1. I rap w/ the poster "Birmingham" about games and told him beforehand it had all the markings of a loss. Reply this AM from the bro: "Haha, we saw that comin from a mile off." After the 1st Qtr, I turned it off and scoped the score on BSPNcom here and there. It looked even after the 1st like any other game we've lost in the 4th Qtr after struggling all game to keep it close. I've seen that re-run too many times to watch the last 3 qtrs and I wasn't surprised.

Not only were the role players feckless, but the attitude of this team sucks. They think they're the kind of team that can flip the switch whenever, wherever. They'd better not lose Gm2 of they're in deep doo-doo. They'd better take this team seriously and figure out at least some of the areas where they failed in Gm1. And had better come correct from the first minute of Gm2, as if the game actually means something. They can be on the Bucks' track real quick if they don't wake up. Leave it to the Lakers to make the OKC Thunder look like worldbeaters.
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:08 pm    Post subject:

I believe the lakers will win game 2. expect a huge performance from the King.
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:49 pm    Post subject:

We are up..they are playing from behind and people already making "we lost" posts
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50
Page 50 of 50
Jump to: