BLACK LIVES MATTER (Please Continue to Say Their Names) - DALANEO MARTIN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 74, 75, 76  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:25 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
you are labeling something white privilege that an infantile amount of white people actually do. Just do not think the description fits. Maybe its these militia's often voice their support for police which often gives them the benefit? Idk, because the "real" militia's that I recall growing up....the ones that were out in Idaho and places were often anti law enforcement, or at least that is my recollection.

I think the press is getting real loose with the "white militia" label. These guys appear to be more wannabe's. I know you recall the expansion of these militia's back in the 80's/90's....around and sometimes in response to Ruby Ridge, Waco, etc.....those guys were truly groups that you did not want to mess with as they were often involved in real federal crimes like arms trading, drugs, etc. I have a feeling if those guys were out in the streets, a lot of people would be dead including the police....they do not carry semi-auto's as they would likely have access to legit automatic weapons.

I have watched enough of this bs in recent days to know this is no longer about racism, anti or pro police, Republican or Democrat...this has became dangerous, and there are many people mixed in these crowds that are violent and have violent intentions. The streets need to be cleared and people need to be able to have peace in the streets. If not, it is going to cross a line where people begin to clear the streets and that will be a level of violence this country has not seen in a very long time....and will be a result of elected officials not doing their jobs. It is very easy for 95% of people to set back at their PC and espouse this group is right or wrong when it is not at thier doorstep. I do not want antifa or white militia's in my neighborhood and the people in Portland, Seattle, and every other city should not have to deal with these riots.

I can tell you are trying to be magnanimous in this post. But there are about 3-4 things that I think you are woefully wrong on.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:37 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

I assume White Privilege affords them the ability to strut around with their big guns and tiny brains.

I get it it and it fits here, but I'm pretty sure 17 year olds of any color don't always make good decisions...

This isn't about decision making.

This is about what the white privilege brings with it, and brandishing a weapon without fear of interference from law enforcement falls in that category.

you are labeling something white privilege that an infantile amount of white people actually do. Just do not think the description fits.

How many people do it is besides the point. The dynamic of white privilege exists and very much plays into the ability brazenly sport a gun publicly in order to intimidate.

Quote:
Maybe its these militia's often voice their support for police which often gives them the benefit?

Wait . . . wait . . . wait. It was you who got angry in this thread about claims that police showed favoritism to alt-right, militia types. You also conveniently ignored the examples demonstrating that they do. Now you say that white guys carrying guns get a pass from LE because they are supportive?

Quote:
Idk, because the "real" militia's that I recall growing up....the ones that were out in Idaho and places were often anti law enforcement, or at least that is my recollection.

The "real" militia's are a myth. They are all chuckleheads. For all their talk about their need for their guns to keep an authoritarian in check, they have done nothing now that it is happening. There are bands of federal troops driving in unmarked vans and swiping citizens off the streets. That's exactly what they claimed they needed their guns to prevent, but they haven't done anything about it. In fact, they have done the opposite and have joined forces with LE doing the oppression. You know why that is? I'll give you a hint . . . it has something to do with race.

Quote:
I think the press is getting real loose with the "white militia" label. These guys appear to be more wannabe's. I know you recall the expansion of these militia's back in the 80's/90's....around and sometimes in response to Ruby Ridge, Waco, etc.....those guys were truly groups that you did not want to mess with as they were often involved in real federal crimes like arms trading, drugs, etc. I have a feeling if those guys were out in the streets, a lot of people would be dead including the police....they do not carry semi-auto's as they would likely have access to legit automatic weapons.

I certainly agree that they are chuckleheads. But that makes little difference, as is evidenced by the escalation in violence involving those groups.

Quote:
I have watched enough of this bs in recent days to know this is no longer about racism, anti or pro police, Republican or Democrat...this has became dangerous, and there are many people mixed in these crowds that are violent and have violent intentions. The streets need to be cleared and people need to be able to have peace in the streets.

Places like Portland were quite peaceful overall until armed yahoo's showed up to incite confrontations. Kenosha was relatively peaceful as far as violence until (bleep) with guns showed up to do the same.

Quote:
If not, it is going to cross a line where people begin to clear the streets and that will be a level of violence this country has not seen in a very long time....and will be a result of elected officials not doing their jobs. It is very easy for 95% of people to set back at their PC and espouse this group is right or wrong when it is not at thier doorstep. I do not want antifa or white militia's in my neighborhood and the people in Portland, Seattle, and every other city should not have to deal with these riots.

It is easy to know that citizens attacking fellow citizens for engaging in their right to protest is inherently wrong, whether one is at a PC or in the streets.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:46 pm    Post subject:

The return of sports has added voices to the social inequality movement. It's chugging along. I have a feeling we will see some changes on paper. Police brutality starts at the top. I think we'll see some upper echelon held accountable. The cure for racism starts in the home.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:09 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
The return of sports has added voices to the social inequality movement. It's chugging along. I have a feeling we will see some changes on paper. Police brutality starts at the top. I think we'll see some upper echelon held accountable. The cure for racism starts in the home.

Fred Trump had no interest in finding the cure.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:22 am    Post subject:

The police choked.

That was Trump's explanation for the shooting.

I'm speechless.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:28 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
The police choked.

I'm speechless.

Why? It's Trump. LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject:

Last night, Monday August 31st, Los Angels Sheriffs shot and killed Dijon Kizzee after trying to pull him over on his bicycle for an unknown code violation at 109th and Budlong in Westmont/southLA. Many witnesses and social media reports are claiming Kizzee was shot in the back by a hail of gunfire totaling over 20 bullets.

Quote:
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A Black man who deputies said was stopped for riding his bicycle in violation of vehicle codes was fatally shot when he dropped a bundle of items that included a gun, authorities said, setting off a protest march to a nearby sheriff’s station in Los Angeles.

Sheriff’s Lt. Brandon Dean said the specific violations were not known, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Dean said investigators had not yet interviewed the two deputies, but he gave this account: When deputies tried to stop the man Monday, he dropped his bike and ran. When they caught up to him he punched one of them in the face and dropped a bundle of clothes he was carrying. The deputies spotted a handgun in the bundle and opened fire.

link

This murder happened just a day after LA Sheriffs deputy and whistle blower, Art Gonzalez stated, under oath, that the killer of 18 year old Andres Guardado in Gardena recently was a prospective member of “The Executioners”, a violent law enforcement gang in the Compton Sheriffs unit.

link

Additionally, the LASD still do not have their body cameras.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:07 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Last night, Monday August 31st, Los Angels Sheriffs shot and killed Dijon Kizzee after trying to pull him over on his bicycle for an unknown code violation at 109th and Budlong in Westmont/southLA. Many witnesses and social media reports are claiming Kizzee was shot in the back by a hail of gunfire totaling over 20 bullets.

Quote:
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A Black man who deputies said was stopped for riding his bicycle in violation of vehicle codes was fatally shot when he dropped a bundle of items that included a gun, authorities said, setting off a protest march to a nearby sheriff’s station in Los Angeles.

Sheriff’s Lt. Brandon Dean said the specific violations were not known, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Dean said investigators had not yet interviewed the two deputies, but he gave this account: When deputies tried to stop the man Monday, he dropped his bike and ran. When they caught up to him he punched one of them in the face and dropped a bundle of clothes he was carrying. The deputies spotted a handgun in the bundle and opened fire.

link

This murder happened just a day after LA Sheriffs deputy and whistle blower, Art Gonzalez stated, under oath, that the killer of 18 year old Andres Guardado in Gardena recently was a prospective member of “The Executioners”, a violent law enforcement gang in the Compton Sheriffs unit.

link

Additionally, the LASD still do not have their body cameras.

This is disturbing. Seems as though nothing has changed. Shot 20 times after he dropped a bundle of clothes he was carrying. If he dropped them and a gun was spotted on the ground he was unarmed. They saw a gun and opened fire. Seemingly no hesitation. Why? Why was he shot 20 times? Was it necessary to shoot him that many times? SMH

Quote:

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:12 am    Post subject:

^and how often are police pulling people over on bikes?

Sharing this account from a resident where the shooting took place who explains why people in her neighborhood are afraid.

Quote:
DijonKizzee was murdered IN MY BACK YARD. Until I knew his name my dad & I were terrified it was my brother. I have to go out tomorrow and see all of the blood left behind. Lapd had me blocked inside of my house and had his body lying on my property for hours.

I came home from work to my dad telling me he heard gunshots, I was convinced they were fireworks. A helicopter started hovering so close to my house and when it stayed for hours I knew something was up. & sure enough my dad was right. News said someone was shot-

On budlong & 109. But actually it was 109 place. I’m watching the live news stream...& I see my back yard. My. Yard. And I immediately went into panic mode because my brother hadn’t come home yet. The more they describe the guy the more terrified I was

My brother is 6”2, dark, scruffy hair and beard, he looks threatening and is easily scared. I spent an hour scrambling to find info thinking that my brothers dead body could be in our yard. I’m so relieved to find it wasn’t him, but my heart is (bleep) broken

I spent an hour thinking my brother was dead, but someone else actually has to live with their brother/son/husband/friend being murdered. No One deserves that. Regardless of what transpired, 20x gunshots were outrageous and uncalled for.

It’s been so long since there was a drive by. So long since there was a shootout. I have bullet holes in the front of my house to remind me of the time my brother and I were almost killed in a drive by. I have r felt fear like this in years...but here it is again.

I’m afraid for him. I’m afraid for me. That could have been one of us. To see my dad tear up and start praying that it wasn’t his only son lying dead on the street...no one deserves this pain.

Just in case anyone has any doubts, I’ll be posting a video of me searching my yard just to see what’s left from the murder. I’ve had a few people just message me & tell me I’m lying for clout? Someone told me I was a “planted witness”. Are you kidding me. My truth is REAL.

Share this. Rt it. Comment on it. Not for clout, but to share my pain. My fear. We’re not faking it when we say we’re afraid. We’re not making this up. It’s not a myth. It’s real.

Tweets
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
The police choked.

I'm speechless.

Attempted murder = a bad putt. Everyone knows that.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Dexter Thomas @dexdigi

Trump is in Kenosha now. So the neighborhood where Blake was shot is holding an event to counter that, to keep the focus on Blake. Faith leaders also here. After some speeches, it's now a block party, with food, music, voter registration, and a Black Panther themed bounce house.

link to video
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Dexter Thomas @dexdigi

Trump is in Kenosha now. So the neighborhood where Blake was shot is holding an event to counter that, to keep the focus on Blake. Faith leaders also here. After some speeches, it's now a block party, with food, music, voter registration, and a Black Panther themed bounce house.

link to video

The media needs to cover this, and contrast it to Trump's rants about Antifa and black dressed people on planes and BLM "anarchists". Stop showing just the after dark confrontations, show the true protesters.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:28 pm    Post subject:

And Trump using "choking" as a his euphemism for police brutality is so Trumpian. Disgusting and stupid combined in equal parts.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:46 pm    Post subject:

I thought after the shooting of Jacob Blake things would calm down, there would be second thoughts before shooting a Black unarmed man. They haven't, they've escalated.

Jacob Blake shot 7 times, Dijon Kizzee shot 20 times.

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:28 pm    Post subject:

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/times-watchdog/how-a-seattle-patrol-officer-became-the-citys-highest-earner-paid-for-the-equivalent-of-two-years-within-the-span-of-one/

Seattle cop makes over 400K allegedly "working" 80 hours every week. Anyways, yeah, enough of the charade already. The saddest narrative is that CONTINUES to go on like these guys are out there working for peanuts. And a (bleep)' pension on top of that. Working for peanuts indeed.

FOH. Buncha of liars in the system and a bunch of liars complicit to it.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:53 pm    Post subject:

It seems police unions and the NRA have a lot in common: Money is the motivator, moreso than public safety.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Trump administration slams proposal to alter historical DC monuments,
says mayor should be ‘ashamed’

The DC committee called for making changes to some of the city's
best-known tourist attractions

Published 5 hours ago

The White House flatly rejected calls Tuesday by a Washington D.C. city committee to “remove, relocate or contextualize” historical statues and memorials, including some of the city's best-known tourist attractions.

A working group tasked by Mayor Muriel Bowser identified dozens of schools, parks, monuments, statues and buildings named after historical figures that they believe represent an oppressive or racist history.

The list of historical figures they identified included former presidents George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Monroe, Andrew Jackson, William Henry Harrison, John Tyler, Zachary Taylor and Woodrow Wilson.

The list also included other key American figures like Founding Fathers Benjamin Franklin and George Mason, inventor of the telephone Alexander Graham Bell and composer of the national anthem Francis Scott Key.

“By publishing a plan that recommends potentially removing the Washington Monument, Christopher Columbus Statue, Andrew Jackson Statue, and Jefferson Memorial—among many other ludicrous recommendations—the radically liberal mayor of Washington, D.C., is repeating the same left-wing narrative used to incite dangerous riots: demolishing our history and destroying our great heritage,” White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany said in a statement Tuesday.

“Our Nation’s capital is rightly filled with countless markers, memorials, and statues to honor and respect the men and women who built this country,” she added.

Bowser tasked the District of Columbia Facilities and Commemorative Expressions (DCFACES) with identifying statues and memorials in the nation’s capital that are “inconsistent with DC values and in some way encouraged the oppression of African Americans and other communities of color or contributed to our long history of systemic racism.”

U.S. Secretary of Interior, David Bernhardt, echoed McEnany’s statement taking to twitter Tuesday to say, “Not on my watch. Never going to happen.”

Other GOP government officials took to Twitter to voice their frustrations or confusion on the latest effort to address racial inequality in the U.S.

“I'm not even sure what relocating the Washington Monument would entail,” wrote the White House Communications Director, Alyssa Farah.

Several historical figures such as Christopher Columbus, Andrew Jackson and Robert E. Lee have come under scrutiny for years due to historical injustices they incurred on Native Americans and Blacks in the U.S.

But new figures that many revere as honored historical figures, like the first president George Washington, Founding Father Benjamin Franklin and Constitutional author James Madison, have become targets as well.

“President Donald J. Trump believes these places should be preserved, not torn down; respected, not hated; and passed on for generations to come,” McEnany said Tuesday.

“As long as President Trump is in the White House, the mayor’s irresponsible recommendations will go absolutely nowhere, and as the mayor of our Nation's capital city—a city that belongs to the American people—she ought to be ashamed for even suggesting them for consideration,” she added.

Fox
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject:

Having family in LE I'm familiar with the corruption and racism within the department. The offering if 10 good cops don't report the 1 bad cop you have 11 bad cops is apropos. Sad but true.

SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Joe Prude called the police for help. His brother was acting strangely and had suddenly bolted out the back door.

But when Rochester police found Daniel Prude soon after, naked and walking in the street, they handcuffed him, mocked him, put a mesh bag over his head, knelt on his back, and pushed his face into the ground until he stopped breathing, police records and body camera video shared with The Appeal show. Prude, who is Black, was unarmed.

It was snowing when the police found him, he complied immediately with their command to lay face down in the street and they cuffed him. He was ranting and saying strange things so they mocked him and laughed while waiting for the EMT. He kept spitting on the ground and so they put a bag over his head. Then they knelt on him and held his covered face into the street while he was naked in the snow, until he stopped breathing. This was a few months before George Floyd was killed.

This is why there needs to be mental health-trained members of police forces. They knew they were looking for a man who's family said was acting crazy. He was naked and obviously not armed when found. He was cuffed with no problem and surrounded by cops, not a threat. They could see Prude was either on something or mentally ill and this is how they treated him. Even if they had not killed him, this is just wrong. Cover him with a blanket, try to calm him while waiting for EMTs, strap him on the gurney if needed to take him in for medical evaluation.

https://theappeal.org/daniel-prude-rochester-new-york-police-killing/
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:23 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
Quote:
Joe Prude called the police for help. His brother was acting strangely and had suddenly bolted out the back door.

But when Rochester police found Daniel Prude soon after, naked and walking in the street, they handcuffed him, mocked him, put a mesh bag over his head, knelt on his back, and pushed his face into the ground until he stopped breathing, police records and body camera video shared with The Appeal show. Prude, who is Black, was unarmed.

It was snowing when the police found him, he complied immediately with their command to lay face down in the street and they cuffed him. He was ranting and saying strange things so they mocked him and laughed while waiting for the EMT. He kept spitting on the ground and so they put a bag over his head. Then they knelt on him and held his covered face into the street while he was naked in the snow, until he stopped breathing. This was a few months before George Floyd was killed.

This is why there needs to be mental health-trained members of police forces. They knew they were looking for a man who's family said was acting crazy. He was naked and obviously not armed when found. He was cuffed with no problem and surrounded by cops, not a threat. They could see Prude was either on something or mentally ill and this is how they treated him. Even if they had not killed him, this is just wrong. Cover him with a blanket, try to calm him while waiting for EMTs, strap him on the gurney if needed to take him in for medical evaluation.

https://theappeal.org/daniel-prude-rochester-new-york-police-killing/

I agree there needs to be mental health training, but these officers didn’t do what they did because they were ignorant of him being in a mental health crisis, they did it because they don’t care.

Fwiw, the proper way to handle this would be to hire and dispatch mental health professionals with the presence of a cop only to protect them and under their jurisdiction.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Yamiche Alcindor
@Yamiche
Jacob Blake's uncle on President Trump: "Our nephew was shot seven times in the back. Nothing could justify that...We don't have any words for the orange man. All I ask is that he keep His disrespectful foul language far away from our family."
11:09 AM · Sep 1, 2020

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:26 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
Quote:
Yamiche Alcindor
@Yamiche
Jacob Blake's uncle on President Trump: "Our nephew was shot seven times in the back. Nothing could justify that...We don't have any words for the orange man. All I ask is that he keep His disrespectful foul language far away from our family."
11:09 AM · Sep 1, 2020

I saw Spike Lee refer to the POtuS as Agent Orange (a few months back, on The View [I think it was on this TV program]).

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:23 am    Post subject:

e'll see what actually happens . . . but at least he is charged:

Officer faces charge in Black man's shooting death in Bay Area Walmart

Officials filed a voluntary manslaughter charge on Wednesday against an officer in the shooting death of a Black man at a Bay Area Walmart.

San Leandro Police Officer Jason Fletcher, 49, was charged for the April 18 killing of Steven Taylor, a 33-year-old Black man, after Fletcher responded to a call about an alleged shoplifter holding a baseball bat, according to a press release from the Alameda County District Attorney.

The district attorney concluded after an “extensive investigation” that the officer, a 20-year veteran, did not wait for backup and instead approached Taylor and tried to take the bat from him before firing his Taser and service weapon. The officer had been in the store for less than 40 seconds before the conflict.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:37 pm    Post subject:

So the people who thought Kyle Rittenhouse was right for killing those people. Because it was "self-defense".
Do you believe the Antifa shooter in Portland who shot and killed someone macing him was acting in self defense as well?

FWIW, I think both people are murderers.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:11 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
So the people who thought Kyle Rittenhouse was right for killing those people. Because it was "self-defense".
Do you believe the Antifa shooter in Portland who shot and killed someone macing him was acting in self defense as well?

FWIW, I think both people are murderers.

All video footage currently available shows Rittenhouse running away from people trying to beat him up/take his gun. He can argue that he didn't know if they were armed. One attacker definitely had a handgun. Handgun guy put his hands up at first, which made Rittenhouse hold his fire until handgun guy decided that this was just a pump fake and then drew on Rittenhouse before being rewarded for his tactical prowess with 5 years of rehab and physical therapy.

Why stretch the definition of murder just because I hate maga rubes?

re: Portland shooter, available video is inconclusive at best.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 60 of 76
Jump to: