+++ Los Angeles Lakers vs Portland Trailblazers (08/29/20) Rd 1, Gm 5 / Gm#76 +++
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:26 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Roger O. Thornhill wrote:
I support the players. Do what you gotta do; the real fans will be here when the games resume.
real fans want to watch basketball

No Dodger game as well
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:26 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
MrLaker wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
dcastillo wrote:
They making seem like a good bit of players might just leave the bubble all together

Meanwhile......a 17 year old white militia (who can be seen being given bottles of water and a pat on the back) just gunned down 2 ppl in cold blood and wounded several others.....then calmly walked up to the cops for protection with no fear

There is something DEF wrong here....now there are literally video of the police embracing the white militia who cam out with Semi AR's with the intention of shooting protesters.

This is getting out of hand and has BEEN out of hand

I saw the video. He didn't gun down 2 people in cold blood. I'm not defending his actions but you probably shouldn't run up from behind and attack a guy carrying a gun. But you make it sound like he just walked up to people and started shooting them - that's not what happened.

The accused had already shot someone prior to being attacked by others who were determined to take his gun away. Normally we call those actions heroic, and we call a shooter a cold blooded bastard. If we was carrying a semi-automatic rifle to a demonstration, he was looking for a confrontation. There is no justification for his actions.

Exactly. This is why we are on the brink of civil war. Sides can’t even agree on when obvious things are wrong. The kid was wrong. Now there’s two guys dead. There was no reason he should have been able to make it home and sleep in his own bed. Kid should have been arrested last night.

I agree. Lebron is right. (bleep) this (bleep).
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Not surprised by ahem...certain posters.
BruceLee-Bron23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:13 pm    Post subject:

The players make millions and no matter what they say or tough they act....They do not live in the hood and most certainly don’t suffer from discrimination (Most athletes in the NBA are black). The players are just playing politics and puting up the we care act for fans. Did anyone think how this could affect our playoff run? We don’t know if the extra rest will make the team come out sluggish in the next game and we get our selves in a hole early that we can’t climb out of. This is a chance for LA to finally get a Championship...First in a very long time. The politics and social crap should stay out on the streets not the game. What happens if someone in the bubble ends up positive for covid (a legitimate thing that might happen) and they have to re-schedule other games? I just feel all this is not helping our chances at the title but most likely hurting the NBA...They get paid to play basketball...Play the freakin games.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:19 pm    Post subject:

BruceLee-Bron23 wrote:
The players make millions and no matter what they say or tough they act....They do not live in the hood and most certainly don’t suffer from discrimination (Most athletes in the NBA are black). The players are just playing politics and puting up the we care act for fans. Did anyone think how this could affect our playoff run? We don’t know if the extra rest will make the team come out sluggish in the next game and we get our selves in a hole early that we can’t climb out of. This is a chance for LA to finally get a Championship...First in a very long time. The politics and social crap should stay out on the streets not the game. What happens if someone in the bubble ends up positive for covid (a legitimate thing that might happen) and they have to re-schedule other games? I just feel all this is not helping our chances at the title but most likely hurting the NBA...They get paid to play basketball...Play the freakin games.

Next time someone complains about “rich athletes” protesting racial inequality, ask yourself how often we listen to the voices of the poor

https://twitter.com/pablotorre/status/912014922288164864?s=21
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:37 pm    Post subject:

BruceLee-Bron23 wrote:

That sounds a lot like "shut up and dribble".
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Roger O. Thornhill wrote:
I support the players. Do what you gotta do; the real fans will be here when the games resume.

Living through this pandemic taught me that there are more important things in life, basketball is just a game, in the grand scheme of things.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:11 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
BruceLee-Bron23 wrote:

Not at all.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
nickuku wrote:
BruceLee-Bron23 wrote:

Not at all.

You've made a convincing argument. I have changed my mind in a complete 180. Congratulations.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:45 pm    Post subject:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2906438-report-lakers-clippers-voted-not-to-finish-season-after-jacob-blake-shooting
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:00 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
nickuku wrote:
BruceLee-Bron23 wrote:

Not at all.

You've made a convincing argument. I have changed my mind in a complete 180. Congratulations.
Thats because there's no way to justify "shut up and dribble"
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:20 pm    Post subject:

I welcome all the cowards who post on LG who are against athletes making political statements, or who think nothing is wrong with police brutality to venture over to the political thread, and keep the basketball game thread about basketball.

I'm guessing I won't see you over in the Political thread but if you're such a keyboard tough guy- put your money where your mouth is, come over and have a tough discussion about your wack views...
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:29 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Not surprised by ahem...certain posters.

Let's be real, this whole forum is full of older upper middle class white dudes and is mostly run by them too

Not to say that LG isn't great but it's not exactly the most progressive or diverse place
wjot1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:28 pm    Post subject:

This is pathetic. Instead of accusing everybody of being a racist, how obout these black "victims" shot by police, can they stop committing crimes? Stop raping kids, killing other people?

So many hypocrits. Not a single thing said about this Blake, the criminal he was. Maybe if he obeyed the law no one would have shot him.
You really believe that everytime a black guy get shot its because the police officer was a rscist? What about white folks getting shot? It happens as well.

Unbelievable.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:07 am    Post subject:

wjot1 wrote:
This is pathetic. Instead of accusing everybody of being a racist, how obout these black "victims" shot by police, can they stop committing crimes? Stop raping kids, killing other people?

So many hypocrits. Not a single thing said about this Blake, the criminal he was. Maybe if he obeyed the law no one would have shot him.
You really believe that everytime a black guy get shot its because the police officer was a rscist? What about white folks getting shot? It happens as well.

Unbelievable.
I agree man. Its very unfortunate. And if this is what sets player over the edge and now they want to quit the season? Then so be it. And unfortunately, its probably going to happen again next season. So now what? no more basketball forever?
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:53 am    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
wjot1 wrote:

Unbelievable.
I agree man. Its very unfortunate. And if this is what sets player over the edge and now they want to quit the season? Then so be it. And unfortunately, its probably going to happen again next season. So now what? no more basketball forever?

I'm happy that the both of you can find joy in basketball while human beings are killed like dogs.
Ryan1973
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:28 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
wjot1 wrote:

Unbelievable.

I'm happy that the both of you can find joy in basketball while human beings are killed like dogs.

And guess what snowflake? If he and George Floyd weren't committing crimes to begin with and were law abiding citizens this wouldn't have happened in the first place. Maybe if you don't resist getting arrested you don't get shot? Just sayin! Also all these NBA players are a bunch of hypocrites because they never say anything about all the black on black killings in Chicago. Why? Because it doesn't fit their racist narrative. They love playing the victim card! Period!

Last edited by Ryan1973 on Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:36 am    Post subject:

Ryan1973 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
wjot1 wrote:

Unbelievable.

And guess what snowflake? If he and George Floyd weren't committing crimes to begin with and were law abiding citizens this wouldn't have happened in the first place. Maybe if you don't resist getting arrested you don't get shot? Just sayin! Also all these NBA players are a bunch of hypocrites because they don't say anything at all about all the black on black killings in Chicago. Why? Because it doesn't fit their racist narrative. They love playing the victim card! Period!

Ah. Snowflake. The projection insult of the right. Funny how you accuse others of being snowflakes while at the same time being offended by symbols of peace and solidarity.
Ryan1973
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:39 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Ryan1973 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
wjot1 wrote:

Unbelievable.

And guess what snowflake? If he and George Floyd weren't committing crimes to begin with and were law abiding citizens this wouldn't have happened in the first place. Maybe if you don't resist getting arrested you don't get shot? Just sayin! Also all these NBA players are a bunch of hypocrites because they don't say anything at all about all the black on black killings in Chicago. Why? Because it doesn't fit their racist narrative. They love playing the victim card! Period!

Ah. Snowflake. The projection insult of the right. Funny how you accuse others of being snowflakes while at the same time being offended by symbols of peace and solidarity.

The left is not about peace and solidarity. You just have to look at all the cities being destroyed by riots and destruction to know that. BLM is a Marxist group snowflake!
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:43 am    Post subject:

Ryan1973 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Ryan1973 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
wjot1 wrote:

Unbelievable.

The left is not about peace and solidarity. You just have to look at all the cities being destroyed by riots and destruction to know that. BLM is a Marxist group snowflake!

Calm down Tucker Carlson.
Ryan1973
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:49 am    Post subject:

[quote="nickuku"]
Ryan1973 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Ryan1973 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
wjot1 wrote:

Unbelievable.

Calm down Tucker Carlson.[/quote

Tucker Carlson rocks because he tells the truth and the left hates that!
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:53 am    Post subject:

[quote="Ryan1973"]
nickuku wrote:
Ryan1973 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Ryan1973 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
wjot1 wrote:

Unbelievable.

Nah. He's just a red faced lying piece of (bleep) that likes to stoke race wars. I'm glad you're a fan though.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:00 am    Post subject:

Ryan1973 wrote:
And guess what snowflake? If he and George Floyd weren't committing crimes to begin with and were law abiding citizens this wouldn't have happened in the first place. Maybe if you don't resist getting arrested you don't get shot? Just sayin! Also all these NBA players are a bunch of hypocrites because they never say anything about all the black on black killings in Chicago. Why? Because it doesn't fit their racist narrative. They love playing the victim card! Period!

Your basic premise here is that if someone allegedly commits a crime, one that isn't even a violent crime in George Floyd's case, that it is okay for police to execute them.

You better be careful, your sheets are showing.
Ryan1973
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:04 am    Post subject:

[quote="nickuku"]
Ryan1973 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Ryan1973 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Ryan1973 wrote:
nickuku wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
wjot1 wrote:

Unbelievable.

Nah. He's just a red faced lying piece of (bleep) that likes to stoke race wars. I'm glad you're a fan though.

No the left are the ones who like to stoke race wars!
Ryan1973
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:11 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Ryan1973 wrote:

Your basic premise here is that if someone allegedly commits a crime, one that isn't even a violent crime in George Floyd's case, that it is okay for police to execute them.

You better be careful, your sheets are showing.

You mean the George Floyd who held a gun to a pregnant woman before? Ya the dude was a fine citizen. And you must have missed the part where Jacob Blake raped a 15 year old girl.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: