+++ Los Angeles Lakers vs Portland Trailblazers (08/29/20) Rd 1, Gm 5 / Gm#76 +++
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Gonna guess that this game is going to be boycotted too, to show support for the Bucks and Magic.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/kingjames/status/1298721240748711936?s=21

No game tonight. Not with that kind of statement.
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
The way things are unfolding we may not have a game 5.

Agreed. Don't blame the players either.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:09 pm    Post subject:

They making seem like a good bit of players might just leave the bubble all together
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:18 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if they will cancel the entire postseason.
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Bleacher report is saying NBA postponed all playoff games today due to the boycott.

LINK

Last edited by Laker7 on Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:22 pm    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
They making seem like a good bit of players might just leave the bubble all together

Meanwhile......a 17 year old white militia (who can be seen being given bottles of water and a pat on the back) just gunned down 2 ppl in cold blood and wounded several others.....then calmly walked up to the cops for protection with no fear

There is something DEF wrong here....now there are literally video of the police embracing the white militia who cam out with Semi AR's with the intention of shooting protesters.

This is getting out of hand and has BEEN out of hand
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject:

The NBA made the right choice by postponing the games.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yeah no way we play tonight.
Buck Magic Cancelled and Now OKC and Hou too.

AD has time to heal his sore back which I think deep down inside was a made up injury just to get him more rest in the blowout.

Same goes for Dame an his sore knee. Either way Lakers aren't losing to Portland anymore if and whenever this resumes
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Laker7 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
The way things are unfolding we may not have a game 5.

Agreed. Don't blame the players either.

I blame the police officer who shot Jacob Blake.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

The Portland Trail Blazers and Lakers won't be playing Game 5 tonight, league says.
MrLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
dcastillo wrote:

Meanwhile......a 17 year old white militia (who can be seen being given bottles of water and a pat on the back) just gunned down 2 ppl in cold blood and wounded several others.....then calmly walked up to the cops for protection with no fear

There is something DEF wrong here....now there are literally video of the police embracing the white militia who cam out with Semi AR's with the intention of shooting protesters.

I saw the video. He didn't gun down 2 people in cold blood. I'm not defending his actions but you probably shouldn't run up from behind and attack a guy carrying a gun. But you make it sound like he just walked up to people and started shooting them - that's not what happened.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:05 pm    Post subject:

MrLaker wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
dcastillo wrote:

I saw the video. He didn't gun down 2 people in cold blood. I'm not defending his actions but you probably shouldn't run up from behind and attack a guy carrying a gun. But you make it sound like he just walked up to people and started shooting them - that's not what happened.

They were apprehending him. Kid had no business having that gun underaged, crossing state lines to “help” protect businesses. He caused more harm than good and his actions resulted in two deaths. He’ll claim self defense but from the videos I saw, no such claims exist. You can’t look for trouble, find it then claim self defense.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject:

MrLaker wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
dcastillo wrote:

The accused had already shot someone prior to being attacked by others who were determined to take his gun away. Normally we call those actions heroic, and we call a shooter a cold blooded bastard. If we was carrying a semi-automatic rifle to a demonstration, he was looking for a confrontation. This situation is really no different than George Zimmerman when he shot Trayvon Martin, where another idiot appointed himself protector of property, armed himself, and gratuitously shot someone when he felt danger. There is no justification for his actions.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
MrLaker wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
dcastillo wrote:

The accused had already shot someone prior to being attacked by others who were determined to take his gun away. Normally we call those actions heroic, and we call a shooter a cold blooded bastard. If we was carrying a semi-automatic rifle to a demonstration, he was looking for a confrontation. There is no justification for his actions.

Exactly. This is why we are on the brink of civil war. Sides can’t even agree on when obvious things are wrong. The kid was wrong. Now there’s two guys dead. There was no reason he should have been able to make it home and sleep in his own bed. Kid should have been arrested last night.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Well, I think its stupid. Keep basketball and politics separated. I know many that agree.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:08 pm    Post subject:

I don’t see what canceling the season will do. However, the boycotting of games today is good. Brings awareness and attention.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:12 pm    Post subject:

NBA postpones playoff games
Official release

Game 5 of each series will be rescheduled.

https://www.nba.com/article/2020/08/26/nba-playoff-games-postponed
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Are they going to boycott again if there was another incident? This is quite ridiculous IMO. Boycotting hurts the community more as people yearn for some entertainment/distraction away from all that's happening in the world. Boycotting hurts the fans but I don't think it brings any more attention to social injustice/police brutality any more than it already has.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:04 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Are they going to boycott again if there was another incident? This is quite ridiculous IMO. Boycotting hurts the community more as people yearn for some entertainment/distraction away from all that's happening in the world. Boycotting hurts the fans but I don't think it brings any more attention to social injustice/police brutality any more than it already has.
An individual chooses to test police and the police overreacts and now we all have to pay for it. Just stupid.
BruceLee-Bron23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Its BS....Don’t mix politics or social issues with sports. There is a pandemic going on and alot of people are stuck at home (except for the animals looting and hurting/killing innocent people...Yup protestors have killed quite a few people since this started. How about the black man who killed 5 year old Cannon Hinnant....Walked up to the boy outside his house and shot the toddler point blank. Where are the riots/justice for him...If he was black it be all over the news. Its simple....People are shot everyday by cops (different colors). The difference is most listen to the police instructions and don’t go reaching for crap in there cars. The guy actually had a warrant for his arrest...Majority of guys shot were abusive dirt bags with long criminal histories. Don’t freaking cancel my damn basketball due to some idiot who brought death upon himself by being a moron. What? From know on anytime some snowflake cries racism or etc we’re going to stop the world from turning?
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject:

BruceLee-Bron23 wrote:
Its BS....Don’t mix politics or social issues with sports. There is a pandemic going on and alot of people are stuck at home (except for the animals looting and hurting/killing innocent people...Yup protestors have killed quite a few people since this started. How about the black man who killed 5 year old Cannon Hinnant....Walked up to the boy outside his house and shot the toddler point blank. Where are the riots/justice for him...If he was black it be all over the news. Its simple....People are shot everyday by cops (different colors). The difference is most listen to the police instructions and don’t go reaching for crap in there cars. The guy actually had a warrant for his arrest...Majority of guys shot were abusive dirt bags with long criminal histories. Don’t freaking cancel my damn basketball due to some idiot who brought death upon himself by being a moron. What? From know on anytime some snowflake cries racism or etc we’re going to stop the world from turning?
Amen
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:16 pm    Post subject:

BruceLee-Bron23 wrote:

What's aggravating is the guy has been repeatedly in trouble with the police before and the police has every right to shoot if hands are not up in the air or where they can see them. I just don't understand why the NBA jumps on this bandwagon that's been created by the media. This incident was nothing like the George Floyd case which was cold blooded murder. I could understand if they boycotted for George Floyd. But this? this is so ridiculous. Especially at a time where there's high unemployment, social unrest and the pandemic, movies theaters are closed, traveling are banned, sports is like one of the only things left for people to entertain themselves and they just took it away just like that.

I support the NBA a lot for their stance against social injustice but I don't support them in this case.
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject:

I support the players. Do what you gotta do; the real fans will be here when the games resume.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Roger O. Thornhill wrote:
I support the players. Do what you gotta do; the real fans will be here when the games resume.
real fans want to watch basketball
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: