Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:19 am    Post subject:

The actor playing Number 5 has done an incredible job considering his age (14/15 while filming).
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:40 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I don't know if The Chi has aired so I won't reveal anything. It was a good show. Looks like La La Anthony's character, Dom, is going to get more play. Camille and Douda are going at it for Mayor. My man Big Poppa's in love.

EDIT: The show aired Sunday. Ronnie said he couldn't leave Chi because he had something to do. It was to find Keisha. He did.

Ronnie found Keisha. She beat Omar, the abductor, down with a crow bar. She and Ronnie were loaded into ambulances. I didn't see what happened to Omar. I wonder if Keisha killed him?

Emmett said he was going to be true to Tiffany, NOT. He hooked up with Dom after the catered dinner. The card reader was on point.

- Kevin holding the Geometry book upside down while claimin to be doing homework in a different subject when Jemma's dad entered was classic! Btw, the young lady that plays Jemma has to be older than the role....and older than the actor that portrays Kevin?

- Not sure if Keisha killed Omar....the strikes they were showing were hitting him in the upper back, but the last few were not viewable on the screen....but it they were to the head, I assume he has moved on.

- From the time that Dom made Emmett "prove" he was who he said he was....I knew they would hook up at some point. Personally, I do not find La La attractive but I do think Tiff (Hannaha Hall) is hot.

- Liked seeing Lil Rel show up on the show....hopefully his character (Zeke) becomes a regular.

- Also, I did think it was a little quick for Dre to suggest they need to move on and grieve for Keisha.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:45 am    Post subject:

Watched a solid 4 Part Documentary on Amazon...."The Last Narc". It promotes itself as the "real story" about what happened to KiKi Camarena, the DEA Agent tortured and murdered in Guadalajara, Mexico in 1985 by the drug cartels. If you find their story credible, it will make your blood boil.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12163674/
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I don't know if The Chi has aired so I won't reveal anything. It was a good show. Looks like La La Anthony's character, Dom, is going to get more play. Camille and Douda are going at it for Mayor. My man Big Poppa's in love.

EDIT: The show aired Sunday. Ronnie said he couldn't leave Chi because he had something to do. It was to find Keisha. He did.

Ronnie found Keisha. She beat Omar, the abductor, down with a crow bar. She and Ronnie were loaded into ambulances. I didn't see what happened to Omar. I wonder if Keisha killed him?

Emmett said he was going to be true to Tiffany, NOT. He hooked up with Dom after the catered dinner. The card reader was on point.

- Kevin holding the Geometry book upside down while claimin to be doing homework in a different subject when Jemma's dad entered was classic! Btw, the young lady that plays Jemma has to be older than the role....and older than the actor that portrays Kevin?

- Not sure if Keisha killed Omar....the strikes they were showing were hitting him in the upper back, but the last few were not viewable on the screen....but it they were to the head, I assume he has moved on.

- From the time that Dom made Emmett "prove" he was who he said he was....I knew they would hook up at some point. Personally, I do not find La La attractive but I do think Tiff (Hannaha Hall) is hot.

- Liked seeing Lil Rel show up on the show....hopefully his character (Zeke) becomes a regular.

- Also, I did think it was a little quick for Dre to suggest they need to move on and grieve for Keisha.

Reading about Jason Mitchell and Tiffany Boone. They're no longer on the show. I don't have the particulars but he was fired from Showtime's "The Chi," along with an upcoming Netflix movie and has been dropped by his agent and manager over misconduct allegations. Doesn't sound good.

I first became aware of him from Super Fly.

Camille going at it with Douda for mayor. Who do you thinks gonna win? Lena Waithe (Camille) is a producer of the show.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:18 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Reading about Jason Mitchell and Tiffany Boone. They're no longer on the show. I don't have the particulars but he was fired from Showtime's "The Chi," along with an upcoming Netflix movie and has been dropped by his agent and manager over misconduct allegations. Doesn't sound good.

Camille going at it with Douda for mayor. Who do you thinks gonna win? Lena Waithe (Camille) is a producer of the show.

I have read several accounts of the Mitchell situation, and I am not sure what is accurate, but I get the feeling he kind of became a victim of his quick/rise and success. Not justifying his actions (which were basically verbal abuse on set?), but we have seen it a million times with someone in his position.....career takes off and he starts to believe he is bigger than the whole and even begins to "act" how he thinks a star is supposed to act.

Personally, I hope he gets another chance at some point, learned from his mistakes and finds success again. I enjoyed him as an actor.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:20 am    Post subject:

Enjoying P-Valley on Starz more than I expected...Elarica Johnson is beautiful!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9340526/
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I have read several accounts of the Mitchell situation, and I am not sure what is accurate, but I get the feeling he kind of became a victim of his quick/rise and success. Not justifying his actions (which were basically verbal abuse on set?), but we have seen it a million times with someone in his position.....career takes off and he starts to believe he is bigger than the whole and even begins to "act" how he thinks a star is supposed to act.

Personally, I hope he gets another chance at some point, learned from his mistakes and finds success again. I enjoyed him as an actor.

Seems as though his character as a chef was a part of the series plot evidenced by the induction of La La Anthony. She's a chef. Had to do some rewriting La La being a woman.

Lena Waithe is married to a woman so playing the part she plays fits her real lifestyle. I believe they've separated.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Perry Mason was a fun ride. Glad it's getting a season 2. Whenever that happens, who knows.

The ending wasn't necessarily satisfying. But that's just how life is. And say what you want about the show good or bad. It was grounded, from start to finish.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Emmett brought Keisha out of her funk. She said she had to kill Omar so I guess he's dead. Her detachment put a strain on Dre and Nina's marriage. My man Big Papa's no longer a player, he's in love He's going to be a preacher fo sho.

ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:44 am    Post subject:

So I am late to the party, and likely to any discussion, but just in case I'm not the only one, I just completed Season 1 of Killing Eve. What a show. What a GREAT show. It doesn't get much better than this. Right now we have Peaky Blinders and this, unless I'm forgetting something.

The character of Villanelle, or Oksana if you prefer, is as fascinating a character as I've ever seen on the screen. She commands every scene. She can be childish one moment and diabolical the next--with but a most subtle change of expression. You never know what to expect from her. As hard as she is to admire, I can't stop wanting to see more of her. I'm totally hooked on that character.

Kudos to the writing, the directing, and, especially, the acting. It is perfect, or as perfect as it gets.

Her scenes with a young bratty impossible child are simply brilliant.

There is no way they will be able to match the intrigue, mystery, and, especially, the discovery, of the first season, but I'm enthusiastically on board for the next one.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject:

I'm watching Fargo on HULU. If somebody talks bad about you to your face, messes with you, you kill them. Billy Bob Thorton is playing a weird character. I'm just starting. Think I'll watch awhile.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:24 pm    Post subject:

the ending to The Chi was a little shocking this week!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Any of you guys seen the HBO Max documentary "On the Record" about Russell Simmons?

If the 13(!!!) women are truthful, the dude might be a bigger piece of (bleep) than Weinstein. Peace-ing the (bleep) out to Bali as these allegations came to light doesn't look good. I'd never even heard of these accusations before the documentary.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:03 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Any of you guys seen the HBO Max documentary "On the Record" about Russell Simmons?

If the 13(!!!) women are truthful, the dude might be a bigger piece of (bleep) than Weinstein. Peace-ing the (bleep) out to Bali as these allegations came to light doesn't look good. I'd never even heard of these accusations before the documentary.

I have not seen it....but I think it debuted the same weekend that the nationwide protests started which really diminished how many people watched it. I recall someone on the radio commenting on how ironically it was kind of lucky for him in regards to the timing.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:25 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

I really struggle to watch that stuff. Couldn't make it through the Michael Jackson documentary, or the R. Kelly documentary, or the most recent Netflix Epstein documentary. It's just to heinous for me to make it through.

HBO's Lovecraft Country is VERY good though. Only 1 episode is out. But it may be better than Watchmen when it's all said and done.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:37 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Yeah. Ronnie gone. I thought he was about to hook up with Jada.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:06 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

the show is brave....if you recall, the first episode it felt like Coogie may be the central character of the show, then he gets taken out. Then Brandon becomes the central character of the show...then he gets taken out (not 100% by writers choice)....then Ronnie has kind of been elevated to the primary character this season, and he is no longer. I guess Kevin or Emmitt better watch their six.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

the show is brave....if you recall, the first episode it felt like Coogie may be the central character of the show, then he gets taken out. Then Brandon becomes the central character of the show...then he gets taken out (not 100% by writers choice)....then Ronnie has kind of been elevated to the primary character this season, and he is no longer. I guess Kevin or Emmitt better watch their six.

Yeah. Coogie was a surprise. According to what I've read Jason Mitchell was his own undoing.

TRU DAT

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:16 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

I really struggle to watch that stuff. Couldn't make it through the Michael Jackson documentary, or the R. Kelly documentary, or the most recent Netflix Epstein documentary. It's just to heinous for me to make it through.

HBO's Lovecraft Country is VERY good though. Only 1 episode is out. But it may be better than Watchmen when it's all said and done.

Whoa. HBO has a series about HP Lovecraf's mythos and I haven't heard of this?!

*edit* - Just looked it up and it's totally different. I might still have to check it out for Omar Little.

*edit* - Should have watched the trailer instead of skimming wiki. It IS the Cthulu mythos. SOO good.

Last edited by jonnybravo on Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject:

Finished s1 of Foodie Love on hbo (its an hbo Europe show) and it was incredible.

Finished Jack Ryan and the PBS version of Les Miserables on Prime, both were great.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject:

Ted Lasso on Apple TV is looking solid...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10986410/
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject:

I thought Keisha would abort. You just know Emmett would keep it in his pants. Only drama right now is Trig and Douda. Chi has lost some shine in my eyes.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:56 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I thought Keisha would abort. You just know Emmett would keep it in his pants. Only drama right now is Trig and Douda. Chi has lost some shine in my eyes.

Darnell with the big azz bluetooth always in his ear cracks me up....telling broke Emmett to get a prenup! I will give it a chance next season....it has came back strong before when I had my doubts. The young trio are getting older and their storylines could become more interesting. I assume they will have to add some characters....especially around Emmett because he can't just keep hanging around Kevin who is in Middle School.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:16 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Darnell with the big azz bluetooth always in his ear cracks me up....telling broke Emmett to get a prenup! I will give it a chance next season....it has came back strong before when I had my doubts. The young trio are getting older and their storylines could become more interesting. I assume they will have to add some characters....especially around Emmett because he can't just keep hanging around Kevin who is in Middle School.

Meant to say Emmett won't keep it in his pants.

The focus has shifted to the younger set. They're gonna need some creative writing and casting to be picked up for another season.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject:

Anybody have an all time favorite SNL skit?

I love me some "What's up with that?".

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 41 of 110
Jump to: