+++ Los Angeles Lakers vs Portland Trailblazers ( 08/18/20) Rd 1, Gm 1 / Gm#72 +++
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Julius Handle
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:05 am    Post subject:

Dame & CJ would DESTROY Smith and Waiters. Remember- tonight was an off game for Dame. He was dropping 51 and 61 last week.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:09 am    Post subject:

KCP and Danny Green are just not good enough as your starting guards for a team pursuing a chip. Who would have thought Avery Bradley would have made such an impact.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:55 am    Post subject:

I would love to say it's only 1 game, but this has been the way they have played in the bubble. No one is hitting perimeter shots, making everything else hard. Best lineup was Caruso, LBJ, Kuz, Dwight & AD but that isn't going to knock down too many shots and allows teams to just pack the paint. It is easy to say why didn't JR get any burn, but he didn't make any shots. Dion should have played though. If nothing else provides a different way to score.

It's weird though. Green, KCP, JR are all guys that have been good shooters but they are not even close. Caruso has never shown a consistent shot but does everything else. AD's shot has been way off. Lebron hasn't shown anything regarding consistent perimeter shooting in the bubble. They had better figure something out quick.

I think Bradley is missed a lot. He was very good at making some big shots when the rest of the team was struggling. Never lights out but he always seemed to rise when they really needed him.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:50 am    Post subject:

This is not an excuse because they should still win if they are a true contender, but DWade is right about staples center being an advantage for the Lakers. That environment tends to make some opposing players shrink.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:19 am    Post subject:

For me, the roster is flawed. Not a single decent consistent shooter on this team. Anyone was Dragic last night? I want a guy like that. Savvy vet, smart ball handler and distributor and a dude that can hit a shot.

Watching Caruso, Green, KCP, even Kuz, chucking up bricks, drives me nuts. These guys all suck as shooters.

If the Lakers don’t win, oh well, it’s on Rob and the coaching staff. Like I said the other day, all these guys should be putting extra shooting time in the gym right now. Sounds like Blazers have been.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:36 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
For me, the roster is flawed. Not a single decent consistent shooter on this team. Anyone was Dragic last night? I want a guy like that. Savvy vet, smart ball handler and distributor and a dude that can hit a shot.

Watching Caruso, Green, KCP, even Kuz, chucking up bricks, drives me nuts. These guys all suck as shooters.

If the Lakers don’t win, oh well, it’s on Rob and the coaching staff. Like I said the other day, all these guys should be putting extra shooting time in the gym right now. Sounds like Blazers have been.

The roster has been flawed all season. No surprise it continues to be so as the pressure and focus increases in the playoffs.

When was the last time we saw a lob dunk to a center? Lakers feasted on it earlier in the season. But it was fools gold. Always was. Now that the focus and intensity has been ratcheted up we will see how they adapt as a team.

Will they match the intensity and focus of the Blazers?

But this has always been the plan. The Lakers chose this path. Not just Rob but Klutch and James constructed this roster. Time to deliver in Game 2 and the rest of the way. Because there is no guarantee of what next years roster and motivation looks like.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:20 am    Post subject:

Portland went into the bubble with confidence and guns loaded for bear. They have the determination of a underdog. They have nothing to lose and they are playing loose, lights out. I'm fearful of joining the 5 #1 seed sent home by the #8 seed in the first round. This is going to be a dog fight. Portland is hungry.

Got a feeling if the Lakers go in the 1st round Vogel goes next season. Even in the 2nd round. It's finals, ship or bust.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Zillethai
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
Blitz247 wrote:
ducasse wrote:
Blitz247 wrote:
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Blazers just want to keep it close and chuck threes at the end. Dame and McCollum just toss up crazy prayer jumpers, you need a cushion to weather that - can’t come out sloppy with the garbage green/KCP/McGee trio, we will see if Vogel has the balls to adjust.

It's not a prayer shot for Lillard. He practices those routinely.

He can definitely make them when he's got it going but he's not going to make those 30-35 foot 3's every night at a high enough percentage to win. Lets see if he can do it 4 out of 7. I'll bet he can't. If you lose with a guy beating you on 30 foot shots then fine.

I'll bet he can make those at a higher clip than the Lakers normal 3pt attempts.

Which is why the Lakers need to stop shooting so many threes. The Blazers defense is terrible. AD should be living at the FT line.

The problem is the Lebron James offense relies on 3 point shots. Stand around the perimeter, watch Lebron drive to the basket, and wait for a kickout. THATs our problem. We need a real system
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:04 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Portland went into the bubble with confidence and guns loaded for bear. They have the determination of a underdog. They have nothing to lose and they are playing loose, lights out. I'm fearful of joining the 5 #1 seed sent home by the #8 seed in the first round. This is going to be a dog fight. Portland is hungry.

Got a feeling if the Lakers go in the 1st round Vogel goes next season. Even in the 2nd round. It's finals, ship or bust.

Portland has been fighting for the playoffs for 9 games while the Lakers have been sipping cocktails while floating on the lazy river. I did find Lebron’s comment interesting last night when he said it was hard to ramp up with no crowd. Maybe the bubble has more impact than thought.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:42 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Portland has been fighting for the playoffs for 9 games while the Lakers have been sipping cocktails while floating on the lazy river. I did find Lebron’s comment interesting last night when he said it was hard to ramp up with no crowd. Maybe the bubble has more impact than thought.

What is the reasoning behind the “impact of the bubble” affecting the Lakers more then most other teams and shooters?

Lakers are 9 games in, why are they having such a difficult time adjusting?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:49 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

What is the reasoning behind the “impact of the bubble” affecting the Lakers more then most other teams and shooters?

The "bubble' is definitely a different monster. It's like a glorified tournament; "the teams that get hot have the best shot."
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:15 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/tim_nba/status/1296088395664457728?s=21

Cranjis says based on film breakdown, the Lakers will be fine.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:17 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Sorry, but who the heck is Cranjis McBasketball?? LOL
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject:

A guy who tries to fit the game into mathematical formulas.
lakerz32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

looking at dragics 3 point percentage/attempts he is a career 36% 3 point shooter. Danny green is a career 40% shooter. they shot the same percentage this past season. dragic only has his last 4 seasons with improved 3 point shooting, while Danny green has an entire career of consistent good shooting. fwiw I would love a guy like tragic on the lakers for the reasons you mentioned. I just don't think you could assume his current shooting would directly transfer if he was on the lakers, based on his low volume/percentage

shooters are streaky. our guys have to make wide open shots. its hard to find consistent shooters, because shooters will generally have their ups and downs. the only consistent shooters for me are the truly elite ones like Steph, klay, Joe harris, Duncan Robinson, etc.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Do you think AD has a streak like Dwight in him? Meaning that mean streak? I want to see Davis go aggressive to the bucket, not settle for soft jumpers.

I think he would be scary if he had that fire.....he needs that.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:

They're going to blame Vogel and may have good reason. From a fans point of view he's not doing a consistently good job.

I don't like his lineups or rotations. Mainly I don't think he has the ear of the team. I feel chemistry is focal and a coach has to formulate that chemistry. It doesn't feel like Frank's getting the job done.

You know blames not going to be placed at the feet of Pelinka and company though some should be.

We're up that proverbial creek in a rudderless canoe without a paddle.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Just this past off season weren't we praising Pelinka actually going out and getting shooting to complement LBJ? This isn't a funk, its become routine with how inconsistent with the outside shot this team is. If AD was even remotely hitting his jumper or 3 ball, that would have drastically changed the game because Whiteside would have had to go farther out than he wants to.

I am by no means proclaiming this series over after 1 game like some big mouths on tv, but if they don't figure out how to get their outside shot back, this (bleep) is over before any of us thought.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:31 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Sorry, but who the heck is Cranjis McBasketball?? LOL

Ha ha. The name comes from the Impractical Jokers show. But Cranjis knows his stuff.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:00 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Do you think AD has a streak like Dwight in him? Meaning that mean streak? I want to see Davis go aggressive to the bucket, not settle for soft jumpers.

I never thought I would see the day when Dwight Howard would be a model for mental and physical toughness.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:16 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

I never thought I would see the day when Dwight Howard would be a model for mental and physical toughness.

lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:20 am    Post subject:

In order for us to win tonite, AD needs to go for 40 points to make up for the lack of scoring from the guards.

I feel like we should just use Caruso more and less of KCP. I trust Caruso more with his shooting since he's more consistent. I've lost faith in KCP. If Vogel wants to stick with KCP all the way, then it's on him if we lost this series. Dame is gonna burn us whether we put KCP or Caruso on him. Let him have his points. It's more important if we get our points though. It's quite a big decision to play KCP or Caruso.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:47 am    Post subject:

Lakers vs. Blazers: Game 1 Recap

https://www.forumblueandgold.com/2020/08/19/lakers-vs-blazers-game-1-recap/

*FLUSH IT & move on.... GO LAKERS!!
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Never thought I'd say game 2 of round one is a must win, but its a must win.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67
Page 67 of 67
Jump to: