The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1421, 1422, 1423 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:14 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
He need to stop doing politics and do what he know the best. Stop with all this crap kneeling/not kneeling and play basketball. This is your job to do. Leave politics to politicians.

Ahh. The shut up and dribble argument. I'd pay $ if I could watch you go back in time and say something like this to Muhammad Ali's face for example.

LBJ can lead us to a chip and call out racism at the same time. Heck he did earlier in his career in Miami.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Unless this is deflection, this is no bueno.

https://twitter.com/joevardon/status/1291406560539926539?s=21

I hope this isn’t anything to do with Dwight or Waiters/JR.

Could be LBJ deflecting or it could be something. Cryptic...

Vogel had a cryptic comment too:

https://twitter.com/lalinsiders/status/1291413890949996544?s=21

Just 3 weeks ago everybody on here and in the media had us pegged as the favorites to win it all. There are NO excuses, and please don't allow lebron or his media flunkies trick you into believing nonsense. He's sitting out today's game with a sore "groin". We all know damn well there's absolutely nothing wrong with him. During the time off he was on every social media outlet showing and telling us he was in great shape. This is all on him....either the guy who claims to be the GOAT wills us to a championship or he failed. Period!

BTW, on Undisputed today it was said that lebron and AD are not going to shoot-arounds. I'm 100% sure that's lebrons idea because AD seems to just do whatever lebron tells him to do. If we're not shooting the ball good then maybe skipping shooting practice is a bad idea.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject:

Have to respect James for all he accomplishes on and off the court.

But I have had this recurring vision of James since he signed as a Laker. Mainly because of just how involved with so many issues both basketball and non basketball related.

I see him taking mtgs and calls and running his business interests and with his best Apollo Creed voice telling Laker fans “ yeah, I mean business too”
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Just 3 weeks ago everybody on here and in the media had us pegged as the favorites to win it all. There are NO excuses, and please don't allow lebron or his media flunkies trick you into believing nonsense. He's sitting out today's game with a sore "groin". We all know damn well there's absolutely nothing wrong with him. During the time off he was on every social media outlet showing and telling us he was in great shape. This is all on him....either the guy who claims to be the GOAT wills us to a championship or he failed. Period!

BTW, on Undisputed today it was said that lebron and AD are not going to shoot-arounds. I'm 100% sure that's lebrons idea because AD seems to just do whatever lebron tells him to do. If we're not shooting the ball good then maybe skipping shooting practice is a bad idea.

No excuses at all. This team doesn’t seem like the type to make excuses. They have been focused and engaged for basically the entire season and they clearly have the one goal in mind.

So it’s either a) this is just baiting media and opponents or b) there is legit something going on.

It could be as simple as the food is crap tbh.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:19 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
kwase wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

No excuses at all. This team doesn’t seem like the type to make excuses. They have been focused and engaged for basically the entire season and they clearly have the one goal in mind.

So it’s either a) this is just baiting media and opponents or b) there is legit something going on.

It could be as simple as the food is crap tbh.

I’m going to hope it is not food or bubble related. These guys are millionaires living at a resort.

They can order or bring in their own sheets, towels, soaps, sodas, munchies, alcohol, drugs, espresso machine, favorite chair or gaming system to their hearts delight to augment all the amenities the NBA has already provided above the normal resort

If the food is not to their liking they can order out, have catered meals or even have their personal chef move nearby to prepare and deliver healthy meals daily in sanitized containers.

The bubble can not be the issue. Recent reports of no positive tests places them in one of the safest environments in the world.

My wild ass guess is some on the team feel the social justice statements are not strong enough, someone snuck in a “girlfriend “ and put the whole bubble at risk or maybe as simple as finger pointing for such pathetic shooting. Any could start an argument and create tension.

Last edited by Four Decade Bandwagon on Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Well. That doesn’t sound great.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Vogel was interviewed mid game and asked about the bench receiving a tech and he said he’d like them to focus more on cheering on the guys on the floor instead... like i said in another thread, I noticed that the bench is not really supportive. Guys just sitting and clapping here and there. Something is definitely going on and I still believe AB not coming is deeper than what we’ve been told. He mailed it in too easily in my opinion. No excuses but you’d have to be blind to think it’s just rust. Entire looks uninspired. They showed AD on the bench and he looked pissed too at one point. We’ll see tonight.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:56 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Vogel was interviewed mid game and asked about the bench receiving a tech and he said he’d like them to focus more on cheering on the guys on the floor instead... like i said in another thread, I noticed that the bench is not really supportive. Guys just sitting and clapping here and there. Something is definitely going on and I still believe AB not coming is deeper than what we’ve been told. He mailed it in too easily in my opinion. No excuses but you’d have to be blind to think it’s just rust. Entire looks uninspired. They showed AD on the bench and he looked pissed too at one point. We’ll see tonight.

But what about our vaunted team chemistry?
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:07 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

The team chemistry has been great this year. Unexpectedly so IMO.

Just the other night during the Utah game the announcers were talking about how loud the Laker bench had been since the re-start. Noticeably the most vocal of the bubble teams.

Can’t wait to hear what changed it so quickly.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:08 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

We ain’t seeing it. I actually think tonight is a big game. We can ignore yesterday’s lost like we were looking ahead to this one. But another bad L against the Rockets will have everyone talking.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
strong9 wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

We ain’t seeing it. I actually think tonight is a big game. We can ignore yesterday’s lost like we were looking ahead to this one. But another bad L against the Rockets will have everyone talking.

Get ready to hear everyone talking then. No James, hopefully Davis pulled early and the team can’t hit a shot. And HOU playing well and for positioning????

Would not be shocked to see a 20+pt loss tonight.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:

Just 3 weeks ago everybody on here and in the media had us pegged as the favorites to win it all.

I don't know who "everybody" is. But, sure, it's not surprising Lakers fans would think the Lakers are the favorite. I suspect Bucks and Clippers fans feel the same way about their team.

As for the media, I've generally seen the Bucks as the predicted winner, with the Lakers and the Clippers being contenders, and Toronto having an outside shot.

I don't think this is a year where it looks like there is a pre-ordained winner.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:08 am    Post subject:

Lebron, along with Giannis and Harden, was named a finalist for the MVP.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Funniest play of the game re: Lebron.

When he blocked Millsap. Glad Paul's head was OK afterward.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:33 am    Post subject:

Last 2 games...he became more aggressive looking for his shot. Good to see that his jumper is coming around hopefully in time for the playoffs.

I think by the 2nd round he’ll be back into top form (if we make it that far)
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Funniest play of the game re: Lebron.

When he blocked Millsap. Glad Paul's head was OK afterward.

Must be disheartening to be a monster power forward your whole career, only to get physically and mentally destroyed year after year by our point guard, Lebron James.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject:

Lebron physically looking better and better, great to see his 3pt shot coming back. Also good to see him find ways to get buckets outside of hard drives and top of the floor P&R, he needs to start finding easier ways to score off ball, in the post, etc.

One thing I DIDN'T like is the same settling for the step back 3 at the end of the game crap he did against Bol Bol. He can't be doing that crap come playoff time, go to the hole in that situation or get yourself a clean mid-range look.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
strong9 wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Get ready to hear everyone talking then. No James, hopefully Davis pulled early and the team can’t hit a shot. And HOU playing well and for positioning????

So much for terrible bench attitude... 😝
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:06 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
strong9 wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Missing your point. This was posted before the HOU game.

In which the Lakers were outplayed every quarter, lost the game by 16pts and shot 11% from 3pt.

Game went pretty much as I expected.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:37 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
strong9 wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Missing your point. This was posted before the HOU game.

In which the Lakers were outplayed every quarter, lost the game by 16pts and shot 11% from 3pt.

Game went pretty much as I expected.

It was meant for the people above you talking about bench attitude.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Season leader in assists.
17th season.
35 years.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
17th season.
35 years.

13th all-NBA first team selection (16 total) - both records
11th top 3 MVP finish
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:46 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
danzag wrote:
17th season.
35 years.

11th top 3 MVP finish

Without a doubt one of the greatest players of all time.

He may just put us on his back for the next month and carry us to a title too.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
danzag wrote:
17th season.
35 years.

11th top 3 MVP finish

Without a doubt one of the greatest players of all time.

He may just put us on his back for the next month and carry us to a title too.

Yeah, it's still kind of blowing me away how much some fans here are underrating his impact come Playoffs. I agree the future is a huge question mark but for these Playoffs he's going to be a big problem for other teams along with Davis.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
He need to stop doing politics and do what he know the best. Stop with all this crap kneeling/not kneeling and play basketball. This is your job to do. Leave politics to politicians.

You needs to learn proper grammar.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1421, 1422, 1423 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1422 of 2079
Jump to: