+++ Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets (08/10/20) Seeding Gm#7 / Gm#70 +++
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:59 pm    Post subject:

HellCrowe wrote:
You guys know this was against their bench for the whole 4th quarter right? If that's what it takes to win a game, we have a lot to figure out.

True, but honestly if they played their starters, I think Denver would've been worse lol. Like how much better could the team have gotten if they played their starters? The bench basically didn't miss a shot.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject:

I hope this game gets Kuz going

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
3peat_pete wrote:
finally a feel good win. i think. haha

Yeah it feels like it was tainted somewhat because No Murray or No Jokic but fwiw Lebron and AD destroyed them and their second unit was actually more productive.

Still odd move by Malone not inserted those two in the very end, the Nuggets actually have a chance for the second seed still. Maybe it really doesn’t matter in the bubble

Jokic was actually bad for them out there defensively... Murray would have just pounded that ball. Nugs bench played great and shot lights out.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Game winner winner chicken dinner?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
HellCrowe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:02 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:
You guys know this was against their bench for the whole 4th quarter right? If that's what it takes to win a game, we have a lot to figure out.

True, but honestly if they played their starters, I think Denver would've been worse lol. Like how much better could the team have gotten if they played their starters? The bench basically didn't miss a shot.

I get it. We need to get things rolling but against their bench, I wanted to see them roll over them and force them to bring out their starters. We can't play to the level of our competition.

It is one step at a time and bringing it to the next game but yo! The playoffs are one game away.
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Team just didn't have it defensively today, which throughout the bubble was the only thing they had going for them, but great to see the offense get going the last 2 games. Kuzma needs to be starting going forward ASAP.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:05 pm    Post subject:

HellCrowe wrote:
KBandKB wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:

I get it. We need to get things rolling but against their bench, I wanted to see them roll over them and force them to bring out their starters. We can't play to the level of our competition.

It is one step at a time and bringing it to the next game but yo! The playoffs are one game away.

We didn’t plat down in their competition... Nugz bench had to shoot way above their averages just stay in that game. We looked bad on D but not sure if that’s due to more of being unprepared move by Malone deciding to play his bench the whole 4th.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Did you see the locker celebration? That’s got to be good for these guys.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject:

HellCrowe wrote:

Malone just said all the starters are nursing minor injuries. If he’s lying weird flex because they are right there in the fight for the second seed. (If it even matters in the bubble)

Besides MUrray and MPJ nobody really stood out a lot. Even Nikola couldn’t really put on his Magic Johnson razzle dazzle show. AD is just a bad matchup for him.

Paul Milsap is washed. His days as an All Star are over imo.

Craig has energy but Lebron just obliterates him. I actually think in some ways the second unit was much more effective. Proof in the pudding we totally outplayed their starters in the first half.

Will Barton and Gary Harris give them some edge but we have beaten this Nuggets team when they were fully healthy before the All Star break in Denver so it’s not an unachievable feat.

Good to see Lebron, Kuz, and AD smile and chest bump at the end of regulation. The big three we all hoped for 🙏🏀🙏🏀💛🏀💜🏀💛🏀💜
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:08 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Did you see the locker celebration? That’s got to be good for these guys.

Depends. Was the water bottle a new one? Or one that J.R. was drinking out of?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
HellCrowe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:12 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:
KBandKB wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:

We didn’t plat down in their competition... Nugz bench had to shoot way above their averages just stay in that game. We looked bad on D but not sure if that’s due to more of being unprepared move by Malone deciding to play his bench the whole 4th.

I agree with one thing, our D didn't show up. We gave shot after shot hence what you're talking about, their bench scoring above their averages.

YO! we have 2 of the top 5 players in the NBA, so you can't tell me we didn't play to the level of their bench. You said it yourself, our D definitely didn't show up. In a game where we need to start making moves, while a step in the right direction, we could've made a huge statement. Malone left his bench in there because their bench gave our starters a run for their money and to rest their starters.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:12 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Green actually redeemed himself too.

He needs to give us defense too. He and Waiters were pathetic on that end tonight. Great to see him knock down some threes against Denver’s terrible defense, but move your damn feet on defense please. The second and third string almost beat LBJ/AD/Kuz because Dion and Green were huge sieves.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:14 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
3peat_pete wrote:
finally a feel good win. i think. haha

Yeah it feels like it was tainted somewhat because No Murray or No Jokic but fwiw Lebron and AD destroyed them and their second unit was actually more productive.

Still odd move by Malone not inserted those two in the very end, the Nuggets actually have a chance for the second seed still. Maybe it really doesn’t matter in the bubble

Jokic was actually bad for them out there defensively... Murray would have just pounded that ball. Nugs bench played great and shot lights out.

Big Facts. nobody on Denver’s starting lineup (besides Craig in small portions) stood out defensively at all as we took the first half lead sorta cruising. I felt we still weren’t in 6th gear it just seemed much more fluent and effective since our shots were falling.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:

Why didn’t Denver try harder? Need to hold onto the #3 seed.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
KBandKB wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:

Maybe they're trying to avoid the 2nd seed and playing the Mavs lol
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:18 pm    Post subject:

HellCrowe wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:
KBandKB wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:

I agree with one thing, our D didn't show up. We gave shot after shot hence what you're talking about, their bench scoring above their averages.

YO! we have 2 of the top 5 players in the NBA, so you can't tell me we didn't play to the level of their bench. You said it yourself, our D definitely didn't show up. In a game where we need to start making moves, while a step in the right direction, we could've made a huge statement. Malone left his bench in there because their bench gave our starters a run for their money and to rest their starters.

Resting starters have nothing really to do right now in the bubble... Unless they are injured. This game can also be one of those games that can catapult us to the playoffs. Like I said looking by the way they played D on the 4th, it seems like they were caught off guard and did not know how to guard their bench. Also with the way they were shooting all night it just makes it harder. But to your opinion we were suppose to blow them out with Lebron/AD on the floor. But not sure what else you can do when a team shoots like that.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:20 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
KBandKB wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:

Coach Malone said all the starters were nursing minor injuries. Could be saving face for their horrible defensive effort. I agree with KB their second unit was much more productive on both ends
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Kyle “Mamba Mentality” Kuzma

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBA/status/1293033366493761536
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:28 pm    Post subject:

This Laker team, against Denver, looked WAY better than any other time in the bubble. They actually played with energy. Players moving. The ball moving. Playing defense...until that fourth quarter. Just liked the overall body language, and engagement.

It's not lost on me how the defense slipped in the fourth quarter, against the Nuggets second unit. Honestly, the second unit played better than the starters...except Jamaal Murray. He was cooking.

But, it's a vast improvement, and I'll take it gladly. I would like to see more THT, Cacock, and Kostas, going forward. Give out vets a little more rest.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Mike Trudell via Twitter:
* @kylekuzma said he told rookie @Thortontucker that he was “calling game” in the huddle before the final play in which he caught the ball from @AntDavis23 after slipping a screen and buried the open 3, a play they’d worked on in practice.

Talen via Twitter:
Not one lie told here!!!!! That boy
@kylekuzma
DIFFERENTFireFireFire all love broski🙏🏾

🏀🔥🏀🔥🏀🔥🏀🔥
https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1293033513051029504?s=20
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Did y’all see this? Too funny

LBJ approves of Kuz’s performance

I LOLd

🎥 https://www.instagram.com/p/CDvE6JyDyO_/?igshid=1herb5ug23nj0
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:41 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I hope this game gets Kuz going

Kuz has been awesome since the restart. It's up to the team to be able to get him looks and minutes.
HellCrowe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:41 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:
KBandKB wrote:
HellCrowe wrote:

Resting starters have nothing really to do right now in the bubble... Unless they are injured. This game can also be one of those games that can catapult us to the playoffs. Like I said looking by the way they played D on the 4th, it seems like they were caught off guard and did not know how to guard their bench. Also with the way they were shooting all night it just makes it harder. But to your opinion we were suppose to blow them out with Lebron/AD on the floor. But not sure what else you can do when a team shoots like that.

Nice excuses. Caught off guard because they didn’t know how to guard their bench. Not sure what else you can do when a team shoots like that?

You’re a nice person. This just sounds like the same excuses you can give to our team last year. This year we need to expect more.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Didn’t get a chance to watch this one, but I’m reading the defense was poor tonight.

I hope it’s not a pattern because that Indiana game down the stretch was a little problematic too. I know Warren was hot, but usually the Lakers lock down better than they showed. Something to keep an eye on.

Most likely it’s just because it’s not the playoffs, but hoping AB missing hasn’t ruined the defensive chemistry and rotations.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:05 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/nbaontnt/status/1293034796130607109?s=21

Team chemistry looks ok
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22
Jump to: