+++ Los Angeles Lakers vs Indiana Pacers (08/08/20) Seeding Gm#6 / Gm#69 +++
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Mar 2012
Posts: 19598

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject:

We are just getting destroyed by guards/wings - Avery could have at least gave an honest effort at containing the big scorers, but without him, it's just not looking good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2003
Posts: 5610
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:35 pm    Post subject:

818fan wrote:
Frank and the coaching staff are going to have to find a way to get AD easy shots once the playoffs come.

Teams will gameplan to shut him down

We have to get AD the ball on the move going to the basket. That's what NO did when he was there.

AD also needs to make a greater effort to run the floor in transition and grab offensive boards to get second shots.

When we simply give him the ball on the wing in the mid-post, it allows the other team to load up their help defense on AD.
_________________
The Lakers and Dodgers are the reigning world champs.

As the Dead Kennedys once said, California Uber Alles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 2494

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:36 pm    Post subject:

There is a thing I want to say. It is OK to cruise after locking. But you have to have some pride if you consider yourself a SUPERSTAR. This is just unacceptable, period.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MagicMamba88
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Dec 2007
Posts: 2831

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:37 pm    Post subject:

double team AD and he gives up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 25818
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:37 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Tick wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Tick wrote:
LGers....this wasn't a bad game. Consider our start. Think about the playing time our bench got. We're gonna be ready for the playoffs. No worries.


I’m concerned about AD


I can understand your reticence. But remember he's playing with a different group of players on the court (Vogel combinations) by design. Our weakness is our depth. The more the depth plays with LeBron and AD, the more comfortable they'll be playing with each other.

I firmly believe this is all about getting the depth playing time prior to the playoffs. It's a calculated strategy designed for future cohesion.


He looks a bit out of shape


Yeah...now that i noticed after whatever game it was, guys do not look in Basketball Shape. Hopefully that’s all it is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 2494

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:37 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
818fan wrote:
Frank and the coaching staff are going to have to find a way to get AD easy shots once the playoffs come.

Teams will gameplan to shut him down

We have to get AD the ball on the move going to the basket. That's what NO did when he was there.

AD also needs to make a greater effort to run the floor in transition and grab offensive boards to get second shots.

When we simply give him the ball on the wing in the mid-post, it allows the other team to load up their help defense on AD.


So we have to babysit him??

MAN UP!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Feb 2019
Posts: 2633

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Tick wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Tick wrote:
LGers....this wasn't a bad game. Consider our start. Think about the playing time our bench got. We're gonna be ready for the playoffs. No worries.


I’m concerned about AD


I can understand your reticence. But remember he's playing with a different group of players on the court (Vogel combinations) by design. Our weakness is our depth. The more the depth plays with LeBron and AD, the more comfortable they'll be playing with each other.

I firmly believe this is all about getting the depth playing time prior to the playoffs. It's a calculated strategy designed for future cohesion.

I disagree. Our rotation needs to tighten. We looked as good as we did today because we had a tighter rotation. Playing a bunch of guys has not worked out for us. Our offense is far behind our defense. We need guys who can defend. Dion for example is a poor defender. I didn’t miss him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 1351

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Whats going on with Morris? Is he hurt or just in the doghouse?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 May 2009
Posts: 1921

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Whats going on with Morris? Is he hurt or just in the doghouse?

Trying to figure that one out too
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rybee
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Dec 2011
Posts: 8311

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject:

I think Vogel is experimenting a little too much, I get that we have the 1 seed locked..but I think he should just solidify a rotation going into the playoffs so they can get some kind of chemistry going in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Brawn13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 30 Jan 2019
Posts: 631

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Lebron looked winded at the end. I hope we’re just out of shape...but We will be able to be playoff ready in the limited amount of time we have?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 2494

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:52 pm    Post subject:

CoachV was just playing the Originals, trying to get the chemistry back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 13869

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:54 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Let's trade Davis for

Oladipo
Brogdon
Warren


I’m not sure if you are being serious or sarcastic, but yeah that’s easy to say after AD’s performance.

Oladipo, Brogdon and Warren all played well and it still almost wasn’t enough.

AD is still top 5-7, but he needs to get his head out of his ass. I’m thinking you were just being funny
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 41990

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:59 pm    Post subject:

It was good to see Quinn Cook's shot finally waking up.

Dwight played well too (10 points, 12 rebounds).


Last edited by pio2u on Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 13006
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:01 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
defense wrote:
Let's trade Davis for

Oladipo
Brogdon
Warren


I’m not sure if you are being serious or sarcastic, but yeah that’s easy to say after AD’s performance.

Oladipo, Brogdon and Warren all played well and it still almost wasn’t enough.

AD is still top 5-7, but he needs to get his head out of his ass. I’m thinking you were just being funny


There’s a small chance he wasn’t trying to be funny. Take a peek inside the AD thread , nothing but doomsday/the sky is falling in there
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 18567
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:05 pm    Post subject:

AD is really struggling when double teamed. But I'm not worried. Once comes playoff time, we're gonna unleash the LBJ-AD pick and roll.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 138349
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Shooting 73% from the FT line won’t get it done. The Pacers should have fouled Lebron on that last sho
_________________
If you could choose between dating a supermodel or going fishing, would it be saltwater or freshwater?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Dec 2019
Posts: 2507

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:18 pm    Post subject:

What happened to DG today?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
roger_federer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 01 Mar 2020
Posts: 352

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:21 pm    Post subject:

what is this talk about no 1 seed is locked. That is useless in the bubble.

Infact right now, it looks like Being No 2 is better than 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 18567
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:22 pm    Post subject:

PASTOR RILEY wrote:
What happened to DG today?


Injury
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 34312

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:44 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
defense wrote:
Let's trade Davis for

Oladipo
Brogdon
Warren


I’m not sure if you are being serious or sarcastic, but yeah that’s easy to say after AD’s performance.

Oladipo, Brogdon and Warren all played well and it still almost wasn’t enough.

AD is still top 5-7, but he needs to get his head out of his ass. I’m thinking you were just being funny


There’s a small chance he wasn’t trying to be funny. Take a peek inside the AD thread , nothing but doomsday/the sky is falling in there


You guys are right. That's too much for AD.

Oladipo and a number 2 pick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2003
Posts: 5610
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:56 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
slavavov wrote:
818fan wrote:
Frank and the coaching staff are going to have to find a way to get AD easy shots once the playoffs come.

Teams will gameplan to shut him down

We have to get AD the ball on the move going to the basket. That's what NO did when he was there.

AD also needs to make a greater effort to run the floor in transition and grab offensive boards to get second shots.

When we simply give him the ball on the wing in the mid-post, it allows the other team to load up their help defense on AD.


So we have to babysit him??

MAN UP!!!!

Are you serious? You think maximizing AD's skillset in order to optimize our team offense is "babysitting" him?
_________________
The Lakers and Dodgers are the reigning world champs.

As the Dead Kennedys once said, California Uber Alles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jul 2008
Posts: 1475

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:36 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
what is this talk about no 1 seed is locked. That is useless in the bubble.

Infact right now, it looks like Being No 2 is better than 1

Well, it is locked up. Win or lose, we can't change spots.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 02 Jul 2018
Posts: 441

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:39 pm    Post subject:

I think its a combo of them naturally letting up since there is nothing to play for and taking opponents for granted. Plus, the Pacers ALWAYS play LBJ hard, they always have. I think they think it will somehow lessen the sting of LBJ sending them home in like 5 postseasons.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB