2020 NFL Offseason Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:17 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
ChickenStu and others, who do you like in the NFC West assuming the season happens?

Very interesting division.

I will go with Seattle.

I hate to say this but Niners.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:32 am    Post subject:

I'm going with Seattle.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/02/howard-mudd-seriously-injured-in-motorcycle-crash/

Quote:
Howard Mudd seriously injured in motorcycle crash

Howard Mudd, a longtime NFL assistant who is considered one of the best offensive line coaches in league history, has been hospitalized after a motorcycle crash.

Mudd is in the intensive care unit at a Seattle hospital and will need multiple surgeries for injuries described as “a fractured pelvis and spine,” according to FOX 59 in Indianapolis.

A family friend described the 78-year-old Mudd as “awake on and off.”

Mudd played college football at Michigan State and was drafted by the 49ers in 1964. He had a seven-year NFL career and played in three Pro Bowls, then he had a decades-long career as an offensive line coach with the Chargers, 49ers, Seahawks, Browns, Chiefs, Colts and Eagles.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject:

Cam has a tough row to hoe. So far, eight New England Patriots players have decided to opt out of the 2020 NFL season. Dont'a Hightower, Patrick Chung, Marcus Cannon, Brandon Bolden, Danny Vitale, Najee Toran, Marqise Lee, and Matt LaCosse each are sitting out this year due to concerns over the COVID-19 pandemic. This makes a arduous task much more so.

Five of the players are on the offense. I don't know how important they are to the offense..

So far as I know no Buccaneers have opted out.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:36 am    Post subject:

Rumors are that the Pats want to tank for Lawrence. It doesn’t look like Newton is a long term answer.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:46 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Rumors are that the Pats want to tank for Lawrence. It doesn’t look like Newton is a long term answer.

Do you think they'll tank in Brady's first year at the helm? I don't think Tom will go for that!

Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:49 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
''

They would need to win 2 or 3 games max for that to happen. I don't see that happening.

They will win 2-3 games just from coaching alone.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:51 am    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
''

They would need to win 2 or 3 games max for that to happen. I don't see that happening.

Not if players keep opting out and they have to pick up guys who are just trying to make a team.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:23 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
''

Not if players keep opting out and they have to pick up guys who are just trying to make a team.

As far as I know no Buccaneer players have opted out. Do you have a update on Buc players opting out?

EDIT:
I was thinking Tampa Bay....Bad habit of mine, reading comprehension.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Do you think they'll tank in Brady's first year at the helm? I don't think Tom will go for that!

Brady isn’t playing for the Pats.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
''

Their offense is bare bones as is, they have no receivers. And now defensive players are opting out, which was their only strength. I honestly don’t know if they want to tank but if they do, Bill will be onboard.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:54 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Brady isn’t playing for the Pats.

My bad I was thinking Tampa Bay.....Bill Belichick just may tank.

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

New England will be bad, but not bad enough to draft Lawrence. They still have an elite defensive backfield. In terms of Cam, they wouldn't have signed him if tanking was the goal.

I can't say I'm surprised at Sanu and Michel going to the PUP list. Sanu had surgery on a high ankle sprain. Depending upon severity, the timeline can take over a year before you can place the same torque on that ankle. And of course, cuts are a huge part of the slot receiver's game. Michel wasn't really ever right last season, and I'm not so sure he ever will be. I don't see their additions to PUP as part of a tanking grand strategy.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Bold Prediction:

The Power 5 NCAA Football and NFL both "postpone" their seasons before August 15th.

Thoughts?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:01 pm    Post subject:

NCAA will likely postpone or cancel fall football due to liability reasons. NFL will likely kick the can down the road until they ultimately realize completing a 2020 season is futile.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Bold Prediction:

The Power 5 NCAA Football and NFL both "postpone" their seasons before August 15th.

Thoughts?

Can't see any way that they could do otherwise.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject:

http://www.profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/12/howard-mudd-dies-two-weeks-after-motorcycle-accident/

Quote:
Howard Mudd dies two weeks after motorcycle accident
Posted by Josh Alper on August 12, 2020, 4:07 PM EDT

Getty Images
Longtime NFL offensive line coach Howard Mudd has died as a result of injuries he suffered in a motorcycle accident two weeks ago.

Wednesday brought word that Mudd remained in intensive care and in need of more surgery, but his condition took a turn for the worse and his death was announced a short time later. Mudd’s family wrote in a statement that no funeral is planned, but a celebration of Mudd’s life will be held in the future.

Mudd, who was 78 years old, played for the 49ers and Bears from 1964 to 1970. He made two All-Pro teams and three straight Pro Bowls while with the 49ers and was named to the 1960s All-Decade team.

Mudd then embarked on a coaching career at the University of California. He moved on to work for the Chargers in 1974 and spent time with the 49ers, Seahawks, Browns, Chiefs, Colts, and Eagles before coming back to Indy as a senior offensive assistant last year.

Our condolences go out to Mudd’s loved ones on their loss.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:06 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Bold Prediction:

Thoughts?

Can't see any way that they could do otherwise.

I don't see the NFL postponing anything. I'm not saying that's a wise decision but I just don't see it.

Cowboys signed Everson Griffen today. Big move for them. If Aldon Smith has anything left, they have a formidable pass-rushing trio now, alongside Lawrence.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:39 pm    Post subject:

I have the SCOREGUIDE app on DTV. It gives times, scores NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NASCAR, SOCCER, GOLF and TENNIS. All NFL games are listed as CANCEL.

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Looks like the NFL is going to try and actually play a full contact sport in the midst of a pandemic.

So much for Roger the Dodger giving lip service to "player safety" in the pathetic TV ads.

Oh well, as long as I win the LG Fantasy League again it is all good.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Looks like the NFL is going to try and actually play a full contact sport in the midst of a pandemic.

So much for Roger the Dodger giving lip service to "player safety" in the pathetic TV ads.

Oh well, as long as I win the LG Fantasy League again it is all good.

Are we even having that this year? And you only won because of my charity.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:52 am    Post subject:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/08/15/travis-kelces-first-purchase-a-building-for-inner-city-teenagers-to-study-stem/

Quote:
Travis Kelce’s first purchase: A building for inner-city teenagers to study STEM

When Travis Kelce signed a four-year, $57 million contract extension with the Chiefs this week, he decided that his first purchase would be something more meaningful than a new car.

Kelce announced that he will be buying a building for his Eighty-Seven & Running Foundation to give inner-city Kansas City teenagers a safe place where they can study science, technology, engineering and mathematics.

“I am purchasing the building that will be the future home of the ‘Ignition Lab: Powered by 87 & Running’ – a co-working space where these teens will have the support, resources, and opportunity to explore careers in STEM, launch their own entrepreneurial ventures and gain real-world experience,” Kelce wrote on the foundation’s website.

Kelce was inspired to start the foundation because he saw in his own childhood, growing up in a diverse community in Cleveland Heights, Ohio, that many kids didn’t have the same advantages that he did. When he got to the NFL he was determined to help disadvantaged kids, and his new contract is a means for him to do so.
Blitz247
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject:

If the NFL can have thousands of people in the stands, why can we reopen?
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:27 am    Post subject:

Blitz247 wrote:

You mean why can't we (the NBA or general public) reopen? Because collectively the NFL owners are the most greedy, morally reprehensible people you'll find in all professional sports.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:20 am    Post subject:

Blitz247 wrote:

If they do it like NASCAR does they can safely get hundreds (not thousands) in the stands. The Raiders have already announced that they won’t have fans at home. If the Rams and Chargers follow suit there will be two state of the art facilities that no one sees.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 23 of 27
Jump to: