2020 LA Dodgers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 298, 299, 300  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:47 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
I guess Barnes is the designated catcher for the young guys? He's caught all 3 games started by Mays and Gonsolin so far.

Urias is much younger than Gonsolin. So who knows. I think he was lined up to catch Opening Day for Kershaw and it's kind of gone from there. No one has caught more than 2 games in a row and you never see a catcher catch the day game after a night game. Close to 50/50 so far.

I was happy to see Barnes drop a sac bunt with a man on 2nd and nobody out. At least it shows that Roberts sees him as an automatic out LOL. We NEVER bunt!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Another nice inning for Ferguson. The bullpen actually gave up a run tonight to end the no-earned-runs streak, with the kid Victor Gonzalez allowing it in his second inning of work, but I liked his stuff. Lefty who throws in the mid-90's with a decent breaking ball.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:16 pm    Post subject:

OK, I've seen enough. Time to flip Seager and Bellinger in the order. Seager is totally locked in. Looks like Bellinger at the start of last season. He's hitting rockets. Leads baseball in hard-hit balls (95 MPH exit velocity or higher) by a wide margin.

That was a 444-foot homer for Seager. Wow.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
OK, I've seen enough. Time to flip Seager and Bellinger in the order. Seager is totally locked in. Looks like Bellinger at the start of last season. He's hitting rockets. Leads baseball in hard-hit balls (95 MPH exit velocity or higher) by a wide margin.

Agree no wasted motion in his swing, while Bellinger looks very uncomfortable out there. The Dodgers young pitchers look very good. Ferguson though very young is already in his 3rd year and is pretty mature. May and Gonsolin and even Gonzalez are an embarrassment of riches. Urias appears to be the worst of the bunch. He just seems unable to stop making mistakes.

Edit: I completely forgot about Graderol who has absolutely nasty stuff.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Turner's first misplay of the year. They'll call it a base hit but that's not good fielding.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Agree no wasted motion in his swing, while Bellinger looks very uncomfortable out there. The Dodgers young pitchers look very good. Ferguson though very young is already in his 3rd year and is pretty mature. May and Gonsolin and even Gonzalez are an embarrassment of riches. Urias appears to be the worst of the bunch. He just seems unable to stop making mistakes.

Urias will be fine. Remember, he's been shuttled back and forth for a while between relieving and starting. This is his first full year as a starter, and of course it will only be about 12 starts if they complete the season. His promise is off the charts. Great poise.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Urias will be fine. Remember, he's been shuttled back and forth for a while between relieving and starting. This is his first full year as a starter, and of course it will only be about 12 starts if they complete the season. His promise is off the charts. Great poise.

Oh I agree he still has potential but if he showing out worse than the others at this point it points to a really great future for the club.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Freaking Roberts. Walks a struggling Escobar to bring up Dodger killer Christian Walker. 3-run double and now we're losing.

I tweeted that I didn't like the move before Walker hit the double, for the record.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:41 pm    Post subject:

That's 17 RBI for Walker against the Dodgers since last season began. Now it's 5-3. Making us pay for bad fielding (Turner) and bad managing.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Well that sucked, JT must be made permanent DH and Chickenstu'd idea of switching Belli and Seager aint too shabby either!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:06 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
Well that sucked, JT must be more of permanent DH and Chickenstu'd idea of switching Belli and Seager aint too shabby either!

Can we switch the manager, while we're at it? I've been very down on Roberts for a long time, in case you are wondering (I know you're new here), so this is just par for the course. This is a manager who pinch hit for David Freese in the World Series for Yasmani Grandal, who hit about .100 for the Dodgers across 4 postseasons. He has no feel for managing a game. Get into a close game and there's a good chance he'll screw something up.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Bellinger was the last hitter I wanted to see up in that spot. He will get it going eventually (whether it’s this season or next season because this season is ridiculously short) but right now I would have preferred to see anybody besides him, even a pinch hitter. And move him down in the lineup. Make him have to force the team to move him back up again.

He is coming up in too many important spots and coming away empty.

Last edited by Steve007 on Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:10 pm    Post subject:

It’s kind of like having Barnes bat third. Hard to get any big innings going.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:14 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
Well that sucked, JT must be more of permanent DH and Chickenstu'd idea of switching Belli and Seager aint too shabby either!

Can we switch the manager, while we're at it? I've been very down on Roberts for a long time, in case you are wondering (I know you're new here), so this is just par for the course. This is a manager who pinch hit for David Freese in the World Series for Yasmani Grandal, who hit about .100 for the Dodgers across 4 postseasons. He has no feel for managing a game. Get into a close game and there's a good chance he'll screw something up.

Got it, no love loss for Doc, I sympathize man but I remember that Mattingly era and those clubs were a dysfunctional mess and his feel for the game wasn't anywhere near Roberts.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:26 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:

Got it, no love loss for Doc, I sympathize man but I remember that Mattingly era and those clubs were a dysfunctional mess and his feel for the game wasn't anywhere near Roberts.

Mattingly was awful, too. Doesn't mean Doc is good, either. The difference between the two is that the players love Doc. Absolutely love him. OK, so he's a Dusty Baker. That's not good enough.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:27 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
I guess Barnes is the designated catcher for the young guys? He's caught all 3 games started by Mays and Gonsolin so far.

Urias is much younger than Gonsolin. So who knows.

Well, I meant young as in inexperienced more than actual age....
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:31 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Turner's first misplay of the year. They'll call it a base hit but that's not good fielding.

He has 2 errors on the year already.

8 games, 2 errors
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:46 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

8 games, 2 errors

I obviously missed at least one E, then. Did they call that play last night an error? I thought they would rule it a hit since they often rule hard-hit balls that aren't fielded properly as errors, but it's a play he basically ole'd as if he were Dorn in Major League lol.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:28 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

8 games, 2 errors

I obviously missed at least one E, then. Did they call that play last night an error? I thought they would rule it a hit since they often rule hard-hit balls that aren't fielded properly as errors, but it's a play he basically ole'd as if he were Dorn in Major League lol.

Yup, it was an error and another one a few games back
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:49 am    Post subject:

Just saw Blake Treinen’s line: he gave up 4 runs on 1 hit. That’s hard to do
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Well Doc stubbornly caved in, Seags hits 3rd, Turner is the DH and Belli the day off.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:33 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
Well Doc stubbornly caved in, Seags hits 3rd, Turner is the DH and Belli the day off.

It’ll be interesting if the move is temporary or permanent. Seager was our best player until he got hurt last 2 years.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:

This will be a tough season, even for ever good managers. The bullpen has so many question marks, and with a 60 game season there is precious little time for the relievers to earn their way into a setup or closer role. There's some talent in that pen, let's hope that Roberts figures out how to use it soon.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:03 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:

This will be a tough season, even for ever good managers. The bullpen has so many question marks, and with a 60 game season there is precious little time for the relievers to earn their way into a setup or closer role. There's some talent in that pen, let's hope that Roberts figures out how to use it soon.

The issue isn't that Treinen got hit around the yard. He gave up 1 hit and all the runs were unearned. He did struggle with his command in the outing. Having said that, he gave up one walk of his own accord, and other than that, the inning should have been over. Turner misplayed a grounder for an error, the second walk was inexplicably intentional, and one guy who always shows up against the Dodgers got him for a hit.

It would have been like walking Bellinger to face Turner, just because a right-hander is on the mound. Who would do that right now?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Max Muncy seems to strike out a ton for a guy that has a good approach at the plate and a good eye.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 298, 299, 300  Next
Page 14 of 300
Jump to: