QFTOS: The "But We Wuz Missing Trez & Lou!" Edition

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:42 pm    Post subject: QFTOS: The "But We Wuz Missing Trez & Lou!" Edition

Lots of gems on Reddit, but too time consuming to go through.

From Clippertalk:

PREGAME

Quote:
The nice thing is we’ll get to throw different defenders at lebron and see how they do. We can learn a lot more about who the lakers are than they can learn about us. Noah and zubac vs Davis is important, even though we know Harrell does surprisingly well. Lebron also can’t just keep calling out Lou on defense like last game.

Quote:
Without Lou, our reserves have a tendency to just pass the ball around the perimeter a lot and nobody shoots it. With no alpha scorers like Trez and Lou on offense it makes it really easy to defend our second team. And since our bench is usually what wins the game for us we are in serious trouble without those two guys. Mann gets to the basket some and I hope he can be effective in real games. The Kings took things seriously yesterday and played hard against us and they overcame a 21 point deficit against our reserves mainly and won the game. So the defense is not all that good either. So we need to get guys back soon. Lou should be back in a week but the paper did not even mention Trez. So where the hell is he?

Quote:
Anthony " Glass" Davis now doubtful for the re-opening game of the season ( eye injury)
Only a matter of time before the rest of those pretenders fall by the wayside

ACTUALLY, IT'S MOSTLY JUST ONE GUY POSTING HERE. SWITCHING TO:

From Clippers.newsurge:

Quote:
Patrick Beverly should have “He Hate Me” on the back of his jersey lol. I know it defeats the purpose but the name fits him perfectly

Quote:
Why does it seems the Lakers getting all the calls lol. Come on there’s no crowd to sway the ref

Quote:
Uh-oh, Kawhi with two fouls already. Not good.

Quote:
Yep, the league sure seems set on having the Lakers take this one. Who knew the Lakers could get home cooking in Orlando?

Quote:
They were much better in the 2nd. Like night and day. Hopefully that carries over to the 2nd half.

Quote:
Here we go it’s sloppy but we are making plays

Quote:
The defensive intensity is stifling for the Clippers right now.

Quote:
PG hit 3 straight 3’s. That’s what I like to see. Truthfully we have the best DUO in the nba. When you think about how the nba is played today with shooting 4’s and 5’s. 2 versatile wings that can play defense and offense is hard to beat.

Anthony Davis is good but he still takes too long to get into his offense. He needs the ball at the elbow then turn and face to dribble drive.

Quote:
Shamet just doesn't have it. Too rusty.

Quote:
Our centers have been disappointing. Can’t wait to see Harrell back

Quote:
Morris has done nothing for this team since getting here. Looking like a bad trade so far

Quote:
There's a big enough of a sample size to determine that Morris (bleep) SUCKSSS

Quote:
How was losing Harkless a better move?

Quote:
Dammit Shamet, you’ve been outplayed by Caruso

Quote:
Can’t let LeBron get his own rebound.

Quote:
Shamet, Morris, zubac, and Noah all combined for a total of a whopping 4 points.

Quote:
Doc screwed the team over with that lineup late in the 3rd quarter.

In the end Kawhi shouldn't have picked up his dribble like that. He put PG in a bad situation.

Shamet literally shot us out of the game and we woefully lost on that Marcus Morris trade.

THEY'VE SETTLED ON A SCAPEGOAT

Quote:
Morris just seems like a horrible fit. He needs the ball and he won’t get the looks on this type of steam

Quote:
Should've kept Moe Harkless. At least he played defense and got some rebounds and loose balls. All those points the Morris twin scored in NY was empty stats in low pressure games. He's looking real funny when the lights are bright

AND A MESSAGE OF HOPE

Quote:
I predicted LAL by 8. If somebody boxed LBJ, we win. Is Shamet 100% after his illness? Get him to the FT line and he's fine. Noah has never played before the lay off. They are rusty. We lost 38 pts with Trezz and Lou gone. Doc was working with a Rube Goldberg line up of guys who have never played together, We should have beaten the (alleged) favorites when they were almost full strength. Defensively we held them to 104 (?) If somebody boxed out LBJ we win. This is the (alleged) front running team at full strength and have a half season to develop chemistry. Unless LBJ is the ghost of Wilt Chamberlain he can't hang with us in 7 games. Can he hang in 2 tough series? Without Rondo they don't have a second playmaker. We have enough decent defenders that we can give him a steady diet of quick two man doubles. He has to guard KL or KL will destroy anybody else. Reggie kept saying that he HOPED Kuzma would be the third scorer. How many third scorers do we have?

Forgot RealGM:

Quote:
LeBron has made Kawhi look small in the last 2 games to me.

It is what I feared.
There is a true difference between playing LeBron tough as a role player and playing him superstar v. superstar when you are required to be the guy on offense.

LeBron has met the challenge, picked him up late in both games, cut off him off and stopped him from turning the corner late and I can't unsee it.

You can argue. You can fight. You can squirm. That's what I saw.

Hopefully we're ready for them in the CF.

Quote:
--I couldn't agree more, Clemenza--Morris is complete trash so far. I have nothing positive to say. He was the best player on a crap team. That proves nothing. It is usually fool's gold. Morris has been handed starter's minutes and hasn't done jackdick since he got here. A change might have to be made. 7 games to go. Marcus is on Double Secret Probation.

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:53 pm    Post subject:

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:58 pm    Post subject:

TRUTH!
Quote:

It is what I feared.
There is a true difference between playing LeBron tough as a role player and playing him superstar v. superstar when you are required to be the guy on offense.

LeBron has met the challenge, picked him up late in both games, cut off him off and stopped him from turning the corner late and I can't unsee it.

drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: QFTOS: The "But We Wuz Missing Trez & Lou!" Edition

Quote:
Should've kept Moe Harkless. At least he played defense and got some rebounds and loose balls. All those points the Morris twin scored in NY was empty stats in low pressure games. He's looking real funny when the lights are bright

Clipper fans wanted to keep Harkless no matter who they had their eyes on. People who aren't really Clipper fans kept saying he was useless but he did a lot of little things and provided solid defense. Harkless was a big loss for them, and they gave up picks as well
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
TRUTH!
Quote:

It is what I feared.

I think this guy is pretty accurate. The biggest thing the Clippers have to worry about is Lebron can stop Kawhi and showed it the last 2 games especially in the 4th. Additionally Kuzma has show to do a pretty good job here and both can defend PG well.

I get the argument about Lou and Harrell missing but that is something more important in regular season games. When it comes to playoffs, you superstars become more important especially in close games in the 4th. Having your 2 best stars being guarded well doesn’t bid well for the Clippers.

Now the clippers can guard Lebron well but have no answer for Davis. And even than we see Lebron able to Bully both PG and Kawhi when necessary. I think I remember seeing last game in the 4th where they spread the floor out even with AD behind the 3 point line. Lebron drived to the basketball and no one helped because they didn’t want to leave the shooters. That essentially is Lebron one on one. And the last play where Lebron scores the go ahead basket Morris did a decent job but no one boxed Lebron out like Kawhi because the Clippers were so spread and people didn’t want to leave the shooters.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:12 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
TRUTH!
Quote:

It is what I feared.

Thanos.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:22 pm    Post subject:

First it was the Lakers not beating Doc's starters, now its the top 7. Tomorrow he will be saying if Kendrick Perkins were guarding AD they wouldn't have lost.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker putting in the work!

Sweet music Doc!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: