Herman Cain passed at 74
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:00 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Will be lie in state in uzbeckybeckystan?

I met him when he visited my college to give a speech. I took a picture with him afterward and he asked where I was from. I replied: “Uzbekistan.”

This was April 2013.

In what city were you born?

Quote:
Is Uzbekistan safe for tourists?

Tashkent is a very safe city for tourists. It's a very modern city that travelers from different nationalities come to visit. Walking around Tashkent, you'll be seeing and meeting people from all over the world. Violent crime is unheard of in Uzbekistan but you should be wary of pickpockets in bazaars and markets…

And another one goes over Jod's head...

Nothing went over my head. Uzbekistan is a country. I wanted to know what city CC was born in. Tashkent is a city in Uzbekistan....Woooosh.....

Canes was born in California. He was trolling Cain about Cain's famous "uzbeckybeckybeckystan" gaffe.

What does that have to do with the question I asked CC?

Stop, just admit you didn't get it. He was joking. Why would you ask Canes what city he's from in a country he's not from. He was born in the US.

I wish you luck with this, old friend.

Quote:
CC wrote: I took a picture with him afterward and he asked where I was from. I replied: “Uzbekistan
This is why I asked CC in what city he was born. Now it you both will allow I'll once again speak to CC and only CC. I believe you were born in Uzbekistan because you're Asian. I'm curious as to what city? If he was born in the US you're right, I was fooled.

By the By
There's no need for luck. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Check my avatar location. Ain't no shame in my game.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Saw a clip of him enjoying the Tulsa debacle without a mask. Got symptoms and a diagnosis within days of that. He found out it wasn't a hoax. Dude coulda had 10-15 more sentient years left, but he bleeped it all up because scientists are full of sh.

Godfather's Pizza CEO, I heard. Hadn't heard of Godfodder's since we won the title at Boston. Used to have one in the hood. Had a Fotomat by it.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:26 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ocho wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

I met him when he visited my college to give a speech. I took a picture with him afterward and he asked where I was from. I replied: “Uzbekistan.”

This was April 2013.

Quote:

Tashkent is a very safe city for tourists. It's a very modern city that travelers from different nationalities come to visit. Walking around Tashkent, you'll be seeing and meeting people from all over the world. Violent crime is unheard of in Uzbekistan but you should be wary of pickpockets in bazaars and markets…

And another one goes over Jod's head...

Nothing went over my head. Uzbekistan is a country. I wanted to know what city CC was born in. Tashkent is a city in Uzbekistan....Woooosh.....

Canes was born in California. He was trolling Cain about Cain's famous "uzbeckybeckybeckystan" gaffe.

What does that have to do with the question I asked CC?

Stop, just admit you didn't get it. He was joking. Why would you ask Canes what city he's from in a country he's not from. He was born in the US.

I wish you luck with this, old friend.

Quote:
CC wrote: I took a picture with him afterward and he asked where I was from. I replied: “Uzbekistan
This is why I asked CC in what city he was born. Now it you both will allow I'll once again speak to CC and only CC. I believe you were born in Uzbekistan because you're Asian. I'm curious as to what city? If he was born in the US you're right, I was fooled.

By the By
There's no need for luck. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Check my avatar location. Ain't no shame in my game.

LOL, have it your way. The fact that i know CandyCanes isn't Uzbeki, and that I know what the Uzbekistan reference means, both of which you don't know, is why i was pointing out that you weren't getting it.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
He almost survived the apartheid US.

Fify

TY
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:53 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
By the By[/color][/i][/b] There's no need for luck. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Check my avatar location. Ain't no shame in my game.

What you say in your signature and what you actually routinely do when you are incorrect are diametrically opposed.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:00 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
By the By[/color][/i][/b] There's no need for luck. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Check my avatar location. Ain't no shame in my game.

What you say in your signature and what you actually routinely do when you are incorrect are diametrically opposed.

I can go through the thread and find instances where I admitted I was wrong. I've asked you in the past to show me 1 time you admitted to being wrong. I've yet to see you respond. Show me.

In this thread.
Quote:
If he was born in the US you're right, I was fooled.
Quote:
He said 08, not 16.

Yeah. I misread. My bad.

Quote:
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:46 pm    Post subject:

>click thread for dead old guy
>most of the thread is an old guy getting buried but it's not herman cain

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I can go through the thread and find instances where I admitted I was wrong. I've asked you in the past to show me 1 time you admitted to being wrong. I've yet to see you respond. Show me.

In this thread.
Quote:
Quote:
He said 08, not 16.

Yeah. I misread. My bad.

Quote:
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

I've always made it a point to do that.

I have been wrong quite often (Omar, ribeye and others will be more than happy to agree with that. ) and I am more than OK with that.

I am very comfortable with what the record here shows, and I never try the old "you are misinterpreting me" nonsense you habitually rely on.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:14 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

In this thread.
Quote:
Quote:
He said 08, not 16.

Yeah. I misread. My bad.

Quote:

I've always made it a point to do that.

I have been wrong quite often (Omar, ribeye and others will be more than happy to agree with that. ) and I am more than OK with that.

I am very comfortable with what the record here shows, and I never try the old "you are misinterpreting me" nonsense you habitually rely on.

I didn't ask Omar or ribeye, I asked you. I gave you written proof.

Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:24 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
>click thread for dead old guy
>most of the thread is an old guy getting buried but it's not herman cain

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Regardless of what anyone thought of his politics....his life story and success is pretty amazing. Born in Memphis in the year 1945 to hardworking blue collar parents....and became a very successful and financially secure American. Overcame a lot of disadvantages early in life and survived cancer later in life. He had a solid and meaningful 74 year run....RIP.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

This was April 2013.

Quote:

I am originally from Fergana, but my family moved to a village near Andijan when I was a toddler, so that’s where most of my childhood memories are from. I have only been to Tashkent once in my life, for a school-related event.

As for your question on safety, my village is much safer than most cities in the US. It is only the border regions near Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan that I would avoid.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:12 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
jodeke wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

This was April 2013.

Quote:

I am originally from Fergana, but my family moved to a village near Andijan when I was a toddler, so that’s where most of my childhood memories are from. I have only been to Tashkent once in my life, for a school-related event.

As for your question on safety, my village is much safer than most cities in the US. It is only the border regions near Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan that I would avoid.

Thank you CC. So you weren't born in the U S?

Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
jodeke wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

This was April 2013.

Quote:

Lmao. Well played.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
jodeke wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

This was April 2013.

Quote:

Hint: now he’s pulling your other leg.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:14 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Regardless of what anyone thought of his politics....his life story and success is pretty amazing. Born in Memphis in the year 1945 to hardworking blue collar parents....and became a very successful and financially secure American. Overcame a lot of disadvantages early in life and survived cancer later in life. He had a solid and meaningful 74 year run....RIP.

And then he knowingly put his and his family's health at risk (as well as many others) to be a dumbass shill for Trump.

Regardless of what you think of politics, that's just sheer stupidity and qa disgraceful disrespect for others.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
jodeke wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

This was April 2013.

Quote:

I have a new found respect for you CC.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
jodeke wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

This was April 2013.

Quote:

Hint: now he’s pulling your other leg.

This is going to get interesting . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:43 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:

And then he knowingly put his and his family's health at risk (as well as many others) to be a dumbass shill for Trump.

Regardless of what you think of politics, that's just sheer stupidity and qa disgraceful disrespect for others.

A lot of great people....actually all people make bad decisions. For example, in an alternate universe if the iconic John Lewis had too many alcoholic drinks...drove a car and crashed killing himself and a passenger in recent years, we would not say that we can't recognize the many great things he did in his life, right? I am not sure why your irrational partisan hatred requires you to insist on a qualifier to a positive and factual statement about a man that has recently passed. Even your qualifier is based on a "could have" because I am not aware of his actions directly causing harm to anyone else. Cain did not cure cancer or lead a nation through a war.....but the odds were stacked against him from Day 1, and he overcame them to have a successful life. I feel like that sentiment can stand on its own.

I do not recall who, but I have seen RIP posts for individuals that I did not share the level of respect for the person as others in the thread.....so I just did not post and moved on.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:27 pm    Post subject:

There are times when you make a joke and immediately regret it.

This isn't that. I'm regretting a joke 12 hours after.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:04 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:

A lot of great people....actually all people make bad decisions. For example, in an alternate universe if the iconic John Lewis had too many alcoholic drinks...drove a car and crashed killing himself and a passenger in recent years, we would not say that we can't recognize the many great things he did in his life, right? I am not sure why your irrational partisan hatred requires you to insist on a qualifier to a positive and factual statement about a man that has recently passed. Even your qualifier is based on a "could have" because I am not aware of his actions directly causing harm to anyone else. Cain did not cure cancer or lead a nation through a war.....but the odds were stacked against him from Day 1, and he overcame them to have a successful life. I feel like that sentiment can stand on its own.

I do not recall who, but I have seen RIP posts for individuals that I did not share the level of respect for the person as others in the thread.....so I just did not post and moved on.

this is one of the strongest virtue signals I've ever seen.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:

this is one of the strongest virtue signals I've ever seen.

And a piss poor analogy.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject:

This sums it up pretty well:

White House spokesbarbie: "I will not politicize Herman Cain's passing."

You what?

You won't politicize Herman Cain's passing.

Well, you don't have to. Because HERMAN CAIN POLITICIZED IT.

Cain literally made not a wearing a mask into a political statement.

Cain declared the pandemic a hoax and said he wouldn't wear a mask and further said "People are sick of it!"

Cain literally told Trump supporters to come to Trump's Tulsa rally and to NOT take any precautions.

Cain believed his god would protect him and would protect those who support Trump.

Cain literally made risking infection, and infecting others, into a political statement. Cain did that.

Herman Cain essentially committed suicide to own the libs as a political statement.

We didn't politicize his death, HE DID.

And as a footnote, if a Democrat representative did those same things, you better believe I'd blast him or her as well.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject:

Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.

Just to clarify for jodeke, he was CC’s great uncle from Uzbekistan
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: