Herman Cain passed at 74
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:06 am    Post subject: Herman Cain passed at 74

I know this has been mentioned. I think Herman Cain deserves a thread of his own. I post this out of respect for the dead. I didn't like his politics but I respect life. RIP LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:12 am    Post subject:

I feel bad for his family, but him? Nein, Nein, Nein.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:18 am    Post subject:

I didn't like Cain's politics but you have to look at his life and say Only In America!!! He was a pizza executive who had the opportunity to run for president. His passing may be the light needed to illuminate the importance of wearing masks.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:24 am    Post subject:

He literally dug his own grave.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:29 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

Not really literally. Sorry for being so anal here, but this word is far too often misused by our young.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Herman Cain passed at 74

jodeke wrote:
I know this has been mentioned. I think Herman Cain deserves a thread of his own. I post this out of respect for the dead. I didn't like his politics but I respect life. RIP LINK

Not when that life shows such high disregard for the lives of others.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:02 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
nickuku wrote:

Not really literally. Sorry for being so anal here, but this word is far too often misused by our young.

Literally.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:04 am    Post subject:

Will be lie in state in uzbeckybeckystan?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:05 am    Post subject:

He survived the apartheid South.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:51 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:

I met him when he visited my college to give a speech. I took a picture with him afterward and he asked where I was from. I replied: “Uzbekistan.”

This was April 2013.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:50 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
He almost survived the apartheid US.

Fify
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:16 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

I met him when he visited my college to give a speech. I took a picture with him afterward and he asked where I was from. I replied: “Uzbekistan.”

This was April 2013.
Did you really? Impressive.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

This was April 2013.

In what city were you born?

Quote:
Is Uzbekistan safe for tourists?

Tashkent is a very safe city for tourists. It's a very modern city that travelers from different nationalities come to visit. Walking around Tashkent, you'll be seeing and meeting people from all over the world. Violent crime is unheard of in Uzbekistan but you should be wary of pickpockets in bazaars and markets…

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:25 am    Post subject:

focus wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

This was April 2013.

Yeah, and I have the picture of me shaking hands with him to prove it.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:27 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
focus wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

This was April 2013.

I believe you CC....

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

This was April 2013.

Quote:

Tashkent is a very safe city for tourists. It's a very modern city that travelers from different nationalities come to visit. Walking around Tashkent, you'll be seeing and meeting people from all over the world. Violent crime is unheard of in Uzbekistan but you should be wary of pickpockets in bazaars and markets…

And another one goes over Jod's head...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:35 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

This was April 2013.

Quote:

Nothing went over my head. Uzbekistan is a country. I wanted to know in what city CC was born. Tashkent is a city in Uzbekistan....Woooosh.....

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:39 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

This was April 2013.

Quote:

Nothing went over my head. Uzbekistan is a country. I wanted to know what city CC was born in. Tashkent is a city in Uzbekistan....Woooosh.....

Canes was born in California. He was trolling Cain about Cain's famous "uzbeckybeckybeckystan" gaffe.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:42 am    Post subject:

I didn't care for the man but I am sure he had family and friends who did so I extend my sympathy to them.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

This was April 2013.

Quote:

Nothing went over my head. Uzbekistan is a country. I wanted to know what city CC was born in. Tashkent is a city in Uzbekistan....Woooosh.....

Canes was born in California. He was trolling Cain about Cain's famous "uzbeckybeckybeckystan" gaffe.

What does that have to do with the question I asked CC?

focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
focus wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

This was April 2013.

I was sure you met him, but I thought you were joking about the Uzbekistan part.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:46 am    Post subject:

RIP.

Of all of the non-mask wearing Republican politicians, it's a shame Cain had to be the one to die from COVID-19.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:46 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

This was April 2013.

Quote:

Stop, just admit you didn't get it. He was joking. Why would you ask Canes what city he's from in a country he's not from. He was born in the US.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

This was April 2013.

Quote:

Stop, just admit you didn't get it. He was joking. Why would you ask Canes what city he's from in a country he's not from. He was born in the US.

You stop. I knew CC was telling the truth about having a picture shaking hands with Cain. I believed him because he once shook hands with a foreign dignitary, I forget her name, and had a picture of it.

I was asking in what city he was born out of curiosity. If anyone should stop it's you because you completely missed my objective and injected your own.

Now if you will allow. CC, in what city were you born?

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

This was April 2013.

Quote:

I wish you luck with this, old friend.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: