Burger King
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 40

DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject:

I gave up Carl's Jr. about 30 years ago after my third food poisoning. First, time I figured it was a fluke. Second time, I figured I just wouldn't go to that Carl's Jr. any more. Third time, from a different Carl's Jr...I'm out. Never again.

I actually gave up on meat altogether 11 months ago. Surprisingly easier than I thought (especially in this country and state). I thought I'd miss a cheeseburger the most, but not at all. Seafood is the tougher one.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:57 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
I gave up Carl's Jr. about 30 years ago after my third food poisoning. First, time I figured it was a fluke. Second time, I figured I just wouldn't go to that Carl's Jr. any more. Third time, from a different Carl's Jr...I'm out. Never again.

I actually gave up on meat altogether 11 months ago. Surprisingly easier than I thought (especially in this country and state). I thought I'd miss a cheeseburger the most, but not at all. Seafood is the tougher one.

I gave up Chipotle after getting food poisoning twice.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:30 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

I’m a flexitarian. I can go days without eating meat and I find just a little here and there, primarily salmon and chicken and bit of steak or bacon occasionally works fine for me.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

I’m a flexitarian. I can go days without eating meat and I find just a little here and there, primarily salmon and chicken and bit of steak or bacon occasionally works fine for me.

So basically, you’re nothing.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:28 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

So basically, you’re nothing.

Lol
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:14 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

In the past, I became a vegetarian and then a vegan. It took some time, but I got used to it. When I was only a vegetarian, eating cheese allowed me not to miss meat so much. When I became a vegan, peanut butter and whole grain breads really satisfied me.

Now, I not a vegetarian or a vegan.

DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:28 pm    Post subject:

A good percentage of the vegetarian stuff is vegan these days because the market share is greater when you combine those two. So a pretty good chunk of the time I'm eating vegan. But I would definitely miss cheese and dairy, in general.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Interesting how people end up getting food poisoning I guess every person’s
Body system works different, I have been eating Carl’s Jr. and Chipotle for years and not once have I had some sort of food poisoning or had a vomit problem, it’s good to be me I guess.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:00 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
A good percentage of the vegetarian stuff is vegan these days because the market share is greater when you combine those two. So a pretty good chunk of the time I'm eating vegan. But I would definitely miss cheese and dairy, in general.

Vegetarianism is a solid ethical and health choice. Veganism is when you take that and say, how can we make this as pretentious and culty as possible?
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Vegetarianism is a solid ethical and health choice. Veganism is when you take that and say, how can we make this as pretentious and culty as possible?

How about the moral and religious choices?

If God didn't want man to eat fish and animals, he wouldn't have made them so tasty and easy to kill, right?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

How about the moral and religious choices?

If God didn't want man to eat fish and animals, he wouldn't have made them so tasty and easy to kill, right?

I don’t get into too many debates about the hypothetical rules of made up deities, but I don’t think meat is strictly unethical.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:55 am    Post subject:

Ok Meat Fans,

Today ONLY (7-22-2020):

FIVE Chili Dogs at Wienersnitzel for $5.00!

See you there...!
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:27 pm    Post subject:

i rarely touch any of their food but Im a regular at BK when Im trying get fast food for my kids... they have the best value deals by far... $1 8 piece nuggets, $1.50 10 chicken fries, constant $1 large fry digital coupons, etc

for myself I can count on one hand the times I have eaten a burger at any of those places combined for the last year. I try to limit my burger intake to about 1 every 2 weeks so Im not going to waste that on some weak fast food spot. I do eat Carl Jr's hand breaded tenders from time to time though.
but anyway:
Carls
Wendys
Jack

BK
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

I went out with a vegan and I pretended for the first few weeks that I was a vegetarian. She was a smokeshow and it still wasn't worth it. Between having veganism define her entire existence, and flirting often with "woke" ideas and conspiracy type (bleep) I couldn't handle it. It was exhausting.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:21 am    Post subject:

I'll put them in alphabetical order to avoid bias.

Rank 'em:

Buffalo Wild Wings, Cheesecake Factory, Chili's, Olive Garden, Outback, Red Robin, Red Lobster, TGIFridays
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:20 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Rank 'em:

Buffalo Wild Wings, Cheesecake Factory, Chili's, Olive Garden, Outback, Red Robin, Red Lobster, TGIFridays

Why is Cheesecake Factory on the same list as the rest of these places? So much better.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:06 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Rank 'em:

Why is Cheesecake Factory on the same list as the rest of these places? So much better.

Personally, I think Cheesecake Factory is overpriced, bad tasting to average food. Often accompanied by bad service.
I was just adding them because they are a national chain in alot of states like the rest.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Rank 'em:

Personally, I think Cheesecake Factory is overpriced, bad tasting to average food. Often accompanied by bad service.
I was just adding them because they are a national chain in alot of states like the rest.

Cheesecake factory has disappointed me lately but they are clearly a tier above the more basic casual restaurants
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:

Cheesecake factory has disappointed me lately but they are clearly a tier above the more basic casual restaurants

The prices on their menu agree. I'll give you that.
Are there any other national restaurants you would compare to them?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:01 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

The prices on their menu agree. I'll give you that.
Are there any other national restaurants you would compare to them?

Maggiano’s Little Italy.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Burger king has some splainin to do. How can they afford this? Are they still using real meat?
I swear I've seen some commercials for their deals while watching NBA games and I just don't understand how they can afford it.
https://twitter.com/YGARTTD/status/1308444287387000842/photo/1
https://twitter.com/chriss11554/status/1308546137373188096
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:36 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Burger king has some splainin to do. How can they afford this? Are they still using real meat?
I swear I've seen some commercials for their deals while watching NBA games and I just don't understand how they can afford it.
https://twitter.com/YGARTTD/status/1308444287387000842/photo/1
https://twitter.com/chriss11554/status/1308546137373188096

I don't like their commercials. Making an older, overweight person the focal point is a mistake. Wendy's did this with Dave Thomas, which magnified the image problem when Thomas began to develop serious health problems.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:30 am    Post subject:

I ordered a bunch of those cheap Burger King nuggets via the Burger King app because my nephew wanted to try it. You get 10 for $1.80. I don't know if it was the time it took them to deliver it (about 25 minutes), but they came cold and hard as a rock. Just awful. McNuggets are much better. The fries were okay.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:34 am    Post subject:

Wendy’s is the only one I eat at anymore because I can get a baked potato and a small chili. Pretty much all I order from there at the rare times I eat there, maybe once or twice a month when pressed for time. Otherwise I haven’t eaten at any of the other places in years.
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:15 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
I don't like their commercials. Making an older, overweight person the focal point is a mistake. Wendy's did this with Dave Thomas, which magnified the image problem when Thomas began to develop serious health problems.

On the opposite side, there were those Carl’s Jr. commercials with Kate Upton, Paris Hilton, a Kartrashian, and Padma Lakshmi (among others) that had quite a controversial run from 2005-2017.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9
Jump to: