Do you think an NBA player within the bubble will get infected with Coronavirus?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think an NBA player within the bubble will get infected?
Yes, and the season/playoffs will end up being canceled as a result.
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
Yes, but they will continue with the season/playoffs anyway.
80%
 80%  [ 24 ]
No, no NBA player will be infected.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 30

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject: Do you think an NBA player within the bubble will get infected with Coronavirus?

I mean, there has to be *someone* who will sneak out of the bubble and do something stupid and then come back in and contaminate everyone... Make your predictions now for posterity.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject:

I say yes, but can't see them shutting the whole thing down, unless it's like 20 guys and spreading...
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:38 pm    Post subject:

I say boys will be boys, men will be men, and NBA players will be NBA players.

In other words, most definitely.

Last edited by ribeye on Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Theres some 300+ NBA players going to Orlando, so odds that just one of them will be infected during the course of the bubble aren't that remote. Also since NBA players will interact with workers and staff who might be infected increases the chances all that much greater.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Theres some 300+ NBA players going to Orlando, so odds that just one of them will be infected during the course of the bubble aren't that remote. Also since NBA players will interact with workers and staff who might be infected increases the chances all that much greater.

Imagine the scandal that will result when one of the league's biggest stars gets infected and ends up with permanent lung damage/chronic fatigue.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

And as LakersSD posted in the lounge, side pieces are already being invited to the “bubble”.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:06 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
I say boys will be boys, men will be men, and NBA players will be NBA players.

Really YOU said that?

I thought Confucius said it....
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Its only a matter of time, I'd be more shocked if it didn't.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:07 am    Post subject:

Westbrook tested positive, but for the sake of argument, let’s say he doesn’t count since it happened before he entered the bubble.

eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:18 am    Post subject:

Since Florida is run by a clown virus denier, I’m guessing one of the players gets sick by an infected staff of the hotel, food service, or arena at which they live/play...suggesting a player might “sneak out” is suggesting they are stupid, and takes the spotlight away from the real culprit, local governments.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:46 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Imagine the scandal that will result when one of the league's biggest stars gets infected and ends up with permanent lung damage/chronic fatigue.

Or if a coach dies and the playoffs didn’t finish anyways.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject:

2 so far...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/nba-says-only-2-players-tested-positive-for-covid-19-during-orlando-bubble-quarantine-period/ar-BB16GXov
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
2 so far...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/nba-says-only-2-players-tested-positive-for-covid-19-during-orlando-bubble-quarantine-period/ar-BB16GXov

“Only” 2.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject:

I find it fascinating that people think a metaphorical “bubble” in Florida is going to work with an operation the size of what the NBA is attempting. As if the virus cares and with all the hundreds if people involved, nothing I’d going to go wrong.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:14 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
I find it fascinating that people think a metaphorical “bubble” in Florida is going to work with an operation the size of what the NBA is attempting. As if the virus cares and with all the hundreds if people involved, nothing I’d going to go wrong.

Don't commit the black/white fallacy, though. The question isn't whether something/anything will go wrong or not, it's whether the process they are implementing is sufficient to allow them to complete the season. I'm rather optimistic -- I think there's at least a 50/50 shot of being able to pull it off without some kind of disaster that forces them to pull the plug.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:12 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Don't commit the black/white fallacy, though. The question isn't whether something/anything will go wrong or not, it's whether the process they are implementing is sufficient to allow them to complete the season. I'm rather optimistic -- I think there's at least a 50/50 shot of being able to pull it off without some kind of disaster that forces them to pull the plug.

I'm not committing anything. Nor am I saying that something is definitely going to go wrong. I just think something like "completing" an NBA season is a needless and pointless thing to take the risks for . . . but hey, as long as the billionaires make some dough and fans get their kicks, I guess sending a mixed message during a surge in the virus and the potential risks to health and life are worth it . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:37 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I'm not committing anything. Nor am I saying that something is definitely going to go wrong. I just think something like "completing" an NBA season is a needless and pointless thing to take the risks for . . . but hey, as long as the billionaires make some dough and fans get their kicks, I guess sending a mixed message during a surge in the virus and the potential risks to health and life are worth it . .

I bored and selfish. I want sports. I'm curious as to how entertaining games will be without fans in attendance. Go Lakers, bring home the Larry O'Brien.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:28 am    Post subject:

Hunger Games...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:42 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

When it comes to Covid. Orlando is a hot spot city, in a hot spot state, in a hot spot country.
If this season was conducted somewhere else. I think it would be a better alternative. 50/50 is probably optimistic at this point.
Maybe the NBA safeguards will be enough to prevent multiple infections. But, even if that's the case, I wouldn't say restarting the NBA in Orlando was a good idea.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:00 am    Post subject:

Want the season to end? Move it to one of these country's. Televise the playoffs and finals. As stated before I'm a Lakers fan and their window is closing. I'm selfish and I WANT SOME DAMN SPORTS!!!

NEWS/HEALTH
Which countries have not reported any coronavirus cases?

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:27 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I bored and selfish. I want sports. I'm curious as to how entertaining games will be without fans in attendance. Go Lakers, bring home the Larry O'Brien.

Wouldn’t they be bringing home the Walt Disney trophy?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:31 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

You can call it that if you want to. I don't care, just play and bring it home.

eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject:

It's all about the €a$£
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:10 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Whatever they would bring home would be cartoonish.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:19 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
It's all about the €a$£

Yep. And cash for the billionaires who have been doing just fine financially throughout this shutdown.

The least they could do is contribute what would typically be paid to an arena's worth of staff in security and concessions etc. per game for every game that is played to a fund to be distributed amongst those people who are actually suffering from fan-less games.

I mean seriously . . . if they are putting players, officials and all the rest of the people necessary to make this "bubble" work at risk for some more revenue, then at least some of that revenue should go to something worthwhile.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: