The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1418, 1419, 1420 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Before play stopped it was Giannis by an easy margin. IMO James just being in the conversation was an incredible achievement this season

But the voters are likely to be swayed by James’ social justice leadership points.

James wins MVP.

lol....

No they won't.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:31 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
danzag wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
No asterisks for either. He didn’t play with some unfair advantage that only he benefitted from. Every team had to deal with the change in schedule not only his.

This x1000

So why does Duncan’s 1999 ring get an asterisk from many here?

Whether or not people give asterisks to teams/players usually depends on whether or not they have a horse in the race in some form or fashion. For example, Shaq says he's told Duncan to his face that he only has 4 rings instead of 5 because the 1999 one doesn't count. Why? Because if the 1999 ring counts it means that Duncan won more rings than Shaq. But would Shaq still see it that way if it were the other way around? Probably not.

I think there are even some here who would feel conflicted if the Lakers won the championship this year. They'd love the fact that we tied Boston, but they also would want to give it an asterisk in some measure so that they'd still have the option of bashing LeBron.

Last edited by Judah on Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Before play stopped it was Giannis by an easy margin. IMO James just being in the conversation was an incredible achievement this season

But the voters are likely to be swayed by James’ social justice leadership points.

James wins MVP.

lol....

No they won't.

Activism is not tweeting from the comfort of your mansion anyway. lebrons attempt to be socially conscious went out the window after China, and the MVP should be handed out for what you did on the court, not off it.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:05 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Judah wrote:

James wins MVP.

lol....

No they won't.

Activism is not tweeting from the comfort of your mansion anyway. lebrons attempt to be socially conscious went out the window after China, and the MVP should be handed out for what you did on the court, not off it.

True, it's building a whole school in your hometown to combat systemic racism.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:59 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
This restart can be seen as an advantage for the Lakers as we all know Lebron's been staying in tip top shape during the lockdown. Another positive is much needed rest for Lebron. I know everyone gets the same rest but Lebron needed it more considering how hard he was playing before. This is so perfect. I'm hoping there's no second wave bs to cause another lockdown so we could win it all this year.

Lakers were pretty much fully healthy before they stopped playing and were finally hitting in the right gear. This Covid derailed that and will be hard for them again to get back in rhythm.

I think it benefits teams that had injuries. Also team like the Clippers who's been load managing Kawhi and PG. The time off gave them a much needed rest for that playoff push. Kawhi and PG usually starts breaking down late in the season.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:40 am    Post subject:

Well, poor Lebron as usual. First, it was facing a soon to be 73 win team without Kyrie and Love. Then, it was facing the 73 win team with KD. Then, it was doing the same with a team that should've never made it past the conference Finals. And now, of course, his team is the first to have a vital player drop out of the Orlando playoffs, albeit for good reasons. Clockwork
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
kwase wrote:
Judah wrote:

James wins MVP.

lol....

No they won't.

Built with taxpayer and Nike money. Only a small percentage was donated from lebron. They just use his name.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Judah wrote:
kwase wrote:
Judah wrote:

James wins MVP.

lol....

No they won't.

Built with taxpayer and Nike money. Only a small percentage was donated from lebron. They just use his name.

As far as I can make out, Lebron does a lot of philanthropic work. I can see no reason to diss the guy on that subject.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:25 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
kwase wrote:
Judah wrote:
kwase wrote:
Judah wrote:

James wins MVP.

lol....

No they won't.

As far as I can make out, Lebron does a lot of philanthropic work. I can see no reason to diss the guy on that subject.

I can't speak on what he did in Cleveland. For one, I didn't keep up with him that closely until he became a Laker. And secondly, I just didn't care. But I'm very close to what goes on in the inner cities of L.A. and he's done nothing for us since he's been here but tweet.

Shoutout to Russell Westbrook for coming down from his mansion in the hills and protesting with the people of L.A.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:23 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kwase wrote:
Judah wrote:
kwase wrote:
Judah wrote:

James wins MVP.

lol....

No they won't.

I can't speak on what he did in Cleveland. For one, I didn't keep up with him that closely until he became a Laker. And secondly, I just didn't care. But I'm very close to what goes on in the inner cities of L.A. and he's done nothing for us since he's been here but tweet.

Shoutout to Russell Westbrook for coming down from his mansion in the hills and protesting with the people of L.A.

A grown man waiting for another grown man to come and do something for them

Sigh
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:22 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:

Well, you personally are doing more than your share: You're spending your time on the Internet complaining that celebrities aren't doing enough for you.

You are one of the heroes.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:54 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
kwase wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kwase wrote:
Judah wrote:
kwase wrote:
Judah wrote:

James wins MVP.

lol....

No they won't.

A grown man waiting for another grown man to come and do something for them

Sigh

Look buddy, I don't need him or anybody else to do anything for me. I make my own money and I've earned everything I have. I wasn't blessed with genetics from my father to be able to play a kids game and make a boatload of money. I've been working since I was 8 years old. Also, I don't care what lebron or anybody else does to help others. It's up to them. My problem is this guy, along with his media minions profess him to be an activist and someone fighting for social change. Wearing T-shirts that say "I can't breathe" or "Crenshaw" after Nipsey was murdered, or re-tweeting something an ignorant bigot sent him is not activism. All that does is fan the flames. If he's not going to put his money where his big mouth is, by donating some of that money he gets from us, the fans, to help inner-city youth, or provide jobs and solutions then to me he's a phony who's only concerned about his "legacy".

We are going through some very difficult times right now, and it makes me want to vomit when I see these multi-millionaires recording videos from the comfort of their mansions saying "We're all in this together". No, we are not! There is a thread in the General Discussion section and I'll be happy to take this topic over there to discuss further.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:42 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/lakers/status/1278803792192892928?s=21

LePudge James from his first season with the Lakers is now a distant memory.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:05 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/lakersoutsiders/status/1282041379493830656?s=21

LBJ talking his (bleep). Honestly his best chance to deliver in a Lakers uniform. It will get tougher next season and beyond.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/lakersoutsiders/status/1282041379493830656?s=21

LBJ talking his (bleep). Honestly his best chance to deliver in a Lakers uniform. It will get tougher next season and beyond.

Every time people underestimate LeBron he proves them wrong
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Always good for some bench shenanigans lol

https://twitter.com/ShowtimeForum/status/1287851738158886912
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:00 pm    Post subject:

The sights and sounds of LeBron James, the loudest voice in the arena

https://sports.yahoo.com/the-sights-and-sounds-of-le-bron-james-the-loudest-voice-in-the-arena-194820806.html
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:44 pm    Post subject:

That last play with Lebron on Kawhi and PG

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1289050906701463559
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject:

This the 1st game winner LeBron has hit as a Laker?

I know he’s had a lot of game tying makes, but was this his first game winner as a Laker?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

I know he’s had a lot of game tying makes, but was this his first game winner as a Laker?

'Bout damn time!
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

2nd Celtics game this year, he beat them with a fadeaway midrange jumper
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

LeBron has had a game winner as a Laker prior to tonight.

He had a put back game winning dunk vs the Hawks.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Lebron and Kawhi Postgame:

https://flic.kr/p/2jryx5R
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

LeBron has had a game winner as a Laker prior to tonight.

He had a put back game winning dunk vs the Hawks.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BB7PbzQNYyU
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:59 pm    Post subject:

#ReturnOfTheKing
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1418, 1419, 1420 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1419 of 2079
Jump to: