Favorite Kobe season?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madsen35
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject: Favorite Kobe season?

He gave us many great years. What is your favorite Kobe season?

2000-01: Fresh off of winning a title, a highly improved Kobe ramps his game up. He has several spectacular performances, and in the playoffs emerges as a force, dominating against the Kings and Spurs.

2002-03: A stronger, more bulky/muscular Kobe goes on a tear. Puts up his impressive 40 point streak. Does much of his work with Shaq recovering.

2003-04: Not as good statistically, but has several banner moments, including the final night of the regular season when he hits the game winning shot against Portland.

2005-06: Phil returns. Kobe puts up 35 points per game, and drags a poor roster to the playoffs. Nearly upsets the Suns.

2007-08: MVP season leads to a return to the Finals.

2012-13: A late career resurgence, ends in warrior-like fashion with an injury.

Or would it be a season besides one of these?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:02 pm    Post subject:

07-08 for me. I felt like I watched that team grow up from a bunch of nobodies to a finals team. It was too bad they didn’t win the year.

I liked 08-09 slightly less simply because it was an already established contender by that point.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:03 pm    Post subject:

04-05 version

Oct 24, 2004

Nov 2, 2004

Nov 13, 2004

Dec 11, 2004

Dec 12, 2004

Dec 16, 2004

Jan 10, 2005

Mar 10, 2005

Mar 12, 2005

Apr 8, 2005

Last edited by JUST-MING on Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:03 pm    Post subject:

2008-2009. The 09 Lakers was such a fun group to watch as they were a class above almost all of the rest of the league in terms of scoring efficiency, defense and pace. This group had it all. The last year where Kobe vs Lebron was a legit debate and actually skewed in Kobe's favor no matter what the metrics say. You just knew Kobe had put everything together whereas Lebron was not fully mature yet. Also the biggest what-if year. Meeting the 09 Celtics in the finals with a healthy Garnett in a rematch would have made the 09 finals one of the greatest ever. The '10 Finals could have then been the ending of the trilogy.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:16 pm    Post subject:

The amazing thing about Kobe is that he was so good it would be hard to choose which season was the best, he was special basically his whole NBA career so I choose all of them.
madsen35
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:36 pm    Post subject:

To answer my own post, I'd probably have to go with either 2002-03 or 2005-06.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:11 pm    Post subject:

I will go with 2000-2001 season. That was the year Kobe became a true super star in my eyes.

The way he just destroyed the Spurs and Kings in the playoffs was amazing. Those two teams were the best 2 teams after the Lakers that year.

I still wish that team went 15-0 in the playoffs.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject:

05-06 was just spectacular! Seeing the fear that opponents had for Kobe was hilarious since he would torch them nightly as basically an "F U...you're not gonna stop me no matter what you do." People had written him off, and he came back with a vengeance.

08-09 was also special since the team was on a mission from the start to redeem themselves after the 08 Finals. If i recall correctly, Mickaël Piétrus said Kobe was the best player in the NBA earlier that year, and he changed his shoes from Kobe's to another brand before guarding him in the Finals Seeing Gasol and Kobe both punk Dwight (a DPOY caliber player at the time) was very satisfying, and this was the last series that Fisher was effective/clutch with the classic smirk after draining multiple threes.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:43 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
05-06 was just spectacular! Seeing the fear that opponents had for Kobe was hilarious since he would torch them nightly as basically an "F U...you're not gonna stop me no matter what you do." People had written him off, and he came back with a vengeance.

08-09 was also special since the team was on a mission from the start to redeem themselves after the 08 Finals. If i recall correctly, Mickaël Piétrus said Kobe was the best player in the NBA earlier that year, and he changed his shoes from Kobe's to another brand before guarding him in the Finals Seeing Gasol and Kobe both punk Dwight (a DPOY caliber player at the time) was very satisfying, and this was the last series that Fisher was effective/clutch with the classic smirk after draining multiple threes.

Fisher hit a pretty big and-one layup in Game 3 against the Celtics the next year.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:58 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Fisher hit a pretty big and-one layup in Game 3 against the Celtics the next year.

Felt he was a net negative overall, but i do remember that one.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:05 pm    Post subject:

The 5 title seasons
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

I kinda remember when Fisher went from being a net positive to net negative. It seemed like April of 2009 when his production started to head downwards and he was never quite the same despite moments here and there.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:49 pm    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

I kinda remember when Fisher went from being a net positive to net negative. It seemed like April of 2009 when his production started to head downwards and he was never quite the same despite moments here and there.

The dude was getting burned by faster point guards on defense in 07-08, but there was a point where he became an absolute matador.

ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:33 pm    Post subject:

2005-2006 followed by 2007-2008.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:36 pm    Post subject:

2000-01.

Kobe absolutely destroyed the Spurs.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:06 am    Post subject:

97-98

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:04 am    Post subject:

2003 and 2001 in that order. In 03, he hit gabbage not to be believed with that bulk. It was like watching Kobe and SuperKobe from 02 and 03.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:14 am    Post subject:

All of it. Loved him from Day One, and wonder how long he would have played if his Achilles hadn’t torn.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:53 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
2003 and 2001 in that order. In 03, he hit gabbage not to be believed with that bulk. It was like watching Kobe and SuperKobe from 02 and 03.

bulk is the right word indeed. There was also very special things happening in 2010 or 2011 where he hit like 6 game winners in a span of a few weeks. At the time I was like, ok for sure nobody has ever done this. It was like watching 6 basketball movies where the climax was a buzzer beater, but in real life.

I also thought his dwight/nash year heroics were on another level also.
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Beating the Celtics at home game 7 is the ultimate high as a Laker fan.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:08 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
04-05 version

Oct 24, 2004

Nov 2, 2004

Nov 13, 2004

Dec 11, 2004

Dec 12, 2004

Dec 16, 2004

Jan 10, 2005

Mar 10, 2005

Mar 12, 2005

Apr 8, 2005

Interesting against the grain choice that not many would pick, since we missed the playoffs that year, he missed a significant number of games with injury and he dropped in rankings in the All-NBA selections (Third Team, and no All-Defense) because of how the season played out and the bad reputation from the breakup with Shaq and Colorado incident.

But it just shows how good Kobe was that a 28, 6, 6 season with an All-NBA Third Team selection can be considered a "down" year for him, when it would be a career year for most any other player.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow323 wrote:
Beating the Celtics at home game 7 is the ultimate high as a Laker fan.

I can't argue with that.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:38 pm    Post subject:

05-06, followed by the 08-09.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject:

2008-2009 since he was on a mission to finally win a championship on his shoulders. This was coming off of his regular season MVP and Finals loss which no doubt gave him motivation to finish the job. I know Kobe had much better seasons from an individual standpoint, but I hated that he pretty much had nothing to work with in those situations.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:04 am    Post subject:

When we beat the Celtics.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: